Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 51
view profile
History
short women/tall menPage 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I'm 5'4".. my daughter's father was 6'4"...and most of my exes have been over 5'9"..but I've also dated a few guys around 5'5"

depends on the person really...I've rarely found that guys have a thing about height seeing as most women are shorter than men.

There are always exceptions.
 tpre2004
Msg: 52
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/29/2008 3:43:20 PM
I am 6' 1 and have always prefered shorter women. I can just swallow them up in my arms and they fit that niche just right when you spoon. Just my observation.
 kariharte
Msg: 53
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/29/2008 5:54:57 PM
At 4'11 I have been attracted to and attracted by men of all heights. I usually prefer 5'7 to 5'10 but am dating a man that is 6'2 right now.

Does it look funny? Most definately I am sure...lol. Do I care right now? He ll no!

I am having a good time with him and he I and that is all that matters.

Usually I don't date bigger men (muscular or tall or just over all BIG) as they tend to like to physically pick me up and I like my feet on the ground. But every now and then I meet someone who I would trust to pick me up and sweep me off my feet.

Like right now.
 Chocolatebrowne
Msg: 54
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/11/2008 9:18:28 PM
being 4'11", it would be hypocritical of me to say that I don't like dating short men....so I guess I'm a hypocrite....I prefer men of medium build, anywhere from 5'9 to 6'2.....certainly, I am not at all interested in dating someone who I can look in the eye when we're both standing up.....
 baultista
Msg: 55
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/11/2008 9:25:02 PM
Yes. Most of my taller male cousins have very short wives (yeah I'm the young one in the fam).

For me, height isn't a huge deal.... and long as she's no more than two inches taller than me (so no taller than 6'4) I'm OK.
 angel Kiss 63
Msg: 56
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/11/2008 9:31:31 PM
Tall men love short women. I work with the public and the majority of tall men that i deal with are either married to or are attracted to short lady's.
So now tell me why is it As I am short that i am not attracted to short men???
The taller the better.
Thanks for listening and good luck
 jimmycrowell
Msg: 57
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:14:06 PM
I am 6' 5" and my exe wife was 5'1" and the one before her was 5'4" and the one I am with now she is 5'4" my oldest bro is 5'11" and his wife for 25 yrs is 4'11" my youngest bro is 6'3" his wife is 5'3"
 Formithonguy
Msg: 58
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:04:46 AM
I was amazed at the initial question, but not surprised by most of the responses. As a short man I have a perspective on this that most people often can't relate to and explain it away in order to feel okay about their own choice... which is that the smaller the female, the taller the male. No matter what, that's the formula everyone has indoctrinated into their game plan almost from kindergarten. It happens that females are on average smaller than males... but selective breeding has something to do with that too. If I may share my observation of some candid admissions I've heard over the years (and you have to be listening for it or you won't notice them), women aren't really comfortable with big guys for most of routine living activities... they are comfortable feeling safe with them, plus petite, demure and "feminine" by comparison. A short male mate is nothing to brag about, however more mentally, emotionally and yes physically more comfortable he may be to be with most of the time. Guys like short girls to feel more manly. In these ways it's honestly quite selfish... though no one wants to be thought of that way so you read declarations like "I always end up with a taller guy"... height doesn't really matter. But a good fit? Not really... if you're honest and if you've given same size partners a chance... but the rationale and ego protection is too powerful to set aside. These kind of threads always amuse me to tell you the truth, but it's a painfully lonely existance for a "not tall" man in this world. That's over 50 years experience from one who looks at this topic from a perspective that most people either don't or can't, for what it's worth. I couldn't let this one go unanswered... and I only scratched the surface. Just don't be too quick to judge and rationalize. As Davy Jones from the Monkeys said on Breakfast with the Beatles (radio show) yesterday... "I always look up to people, but it's hard looking up their nostrils all my life".
 Formithonguy
Msg: 59
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:31:21 AM
Okay this is just weird... I've never heard this before and it would be demeaning to the idea of relating to a person if it weren't so absurd. I have to repeat this to believe I'm reading it right... "not at all interested in dating someone who I can look in the eye...". The preference then is to either have your nose near his arm pit, smashed into his chest or hyper extend your neck looking up in order to communicate. No pleasure in being able to whisper in each other's ear, or not having to walk double time to keep up with his stride? You relate to your short lady friends okay though. Grown women obsessed with feeling like daddy's little girl... and the rest of it is for appearance sake. Very shallow. It only proves that attraction is irrational and that women will defy and deny their most intimate and satisfying desires to convince themselves of what they want, and perpetuate the myth they've built their lives around. It really is akin to insisting the world is flat. Sorry but if I have any self respect (and apparently I have to muster that up without anyone's support) I can't help but feel offended by the whole topic... but the statement in question here was just bizarre.
 justmehonestly
Msg: 60
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 3:43:45 AM
I am 5' 10" and like a lot of other posters, just love short women. I have only dated someone over 5'4" a couple of times, once in high school 5' 8" and once in collage 6'2". All others have been under 5'4".
 willowbunny
Msg: 61
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:24:33 AM
It seems that I am the odd one out here. I did date a guy who was almost a foot taller than me and I had a permanent neck ache. Although I suppose I'm not short at 5ft 7, I prefer my dates to be between 5ft8 and 5ft11, so I can look them in the eye instead of the chest. Is this something to do with wanting to continue the average height gene pool?
 Susan63
Msg: 62
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:01:40 AM
well if you think about it, dating a shorter man might just be the icing on the cake...so to speak...
 Formithonguy
Msg: 63
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:18:20 AM

I was expecting the usual flak from the oblivious or those who had nothing new to add to this age old mating ritual, but honey, you remind me there are people, even female, who can crack the door open just enough to their mind and think for themselves. Slowly, and it's taken decades, word is getting around that we don't have to mimic the Walrus species. Unfortunately for the hold outs and the obesity epidemic, that faction has become even more noticeable, which brings me back to my incredulity at when people don't notice it. But, this is about you Susan63... I could eat you up with a spoon, so to speak ... you darling are my cake today.
 good guy75
Msg: 64
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:25:17 AM
people place to much value on short or tall goodlooking or not fat skinny.what happen to who the person is.i applaud those women who date guys people would deam not good looking because it shows me they care about more than a person cares about.
 Lesson222
Msg: 65
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:36:36 AM
I have been hoping for a BBM option......have always like men over 6 feet and 300 lbs or more.fantastic...I am just under 5 feet and well proportioned....just is what catches my eye!!!!
 Formithonguy
Msg: 66
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:35:14 AM
"have always like men over 6 feet and 300 lbs or more.fantastic...I am just under 5 feet and..."
Really ? (he said rhetorically). And this is yet another reason the terrorists hate us (kidding). But seriously, why do tiny women have this obsession? Let's call it the Fred Flintstone, Jackie Gleason, Homer Simpson syndrome. To be FAIR, when ANY guy says "I like gargantuan boobs, no waist, it's just what catches my eye"... what do women think about that man's character? Lack of maturity, depth, etc, etc. I guess that reasoning doesn't apply to women, and with a sense of pride no less, and with the same breath complain that society oppresses women to be rail thin. Ladies, who otherwise might be interesting to be with, (but I doubt it) have this blind spot in their thinking that prevents much of the male population from even addressing them (as if a guy in the 5.5 ft range is a second class citizen... and don't get me started on all the talent out there in that range), let alone get to know, and discover he is interesting to be with. Plus... I had just made the analogy to the walrus species... so this MUST be either kidding or baiting me to respond. But alas I suspect it's absolutely true.
 yajus neverno
Msg: 67
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:14:27 PM
Well I'm 6' and have dated several women 5'2", doesn't bother me the least bit. Although I often teased them about needing a box to stand on to kiss me lol. When a box wasn't handy, I'd just pick them up. I kind of liked it :)
 Laura Jayne
Msg: 68
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:22:50 PM
see thers my problem, im six foot two. lol
 Shes not looking anymore!
Msg: 69
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:26:32 PM
I am short, at 5ft and I have dated guys from 5'4 to 6'4 so it does exist... I never dated anyone shorter than me, of course they would have to be like 12- LOL!

I agree with the whole- love sees no height- If we dont broaden our horizons we could really miss out on the one who may be meant for us...and its not secret that a persons degree of attractiveness can greatly depreciate or get much better when they show their true colors!

Tonia
 Formithonguy
Msg: 70
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:42:01 PM
Very well put Tonia, and I can chuckle at the "12" reference... though it does bring up that there is some truth to the notion that there is a pedophile factor with some large men who crave tiny females. I'm not generalizing and I don't have any studies or percentages to list... but I didn't start this topic and no one else said it... so it begged to be mentioned for the sake of honest discussion. Food for thought, don't shoot the messenger, etc. I can safely say I think of and see small women as equals, not children, just for the record.
 capricorn40
Msg: 71
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 3:44:02 PM
I'm 6'6 and most of my girlfriends have been 5'4 or less. I have dated women 6' tall and I don't have a preference. However, it seem the shorter women have express more of a desire to date me than the taller ones.
 ItsJustMeT
Msg: 72
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:03:07 PM
Short answer would be 'yes'. I've gone out with women from 4'11"ish to around 6'2" throughout my lifetime. Their individual personalities had a lot more to do with the time we spent than ow tall they were....Keep your head up. Literally....***wink***
 sassy2butterfly2
Msg: 73
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:09:15 PM
5 feet even and dated lots of guys over 6 feet. Some love it. Others have an issue with it.Same height or average does not mean better sex necessarily and whats loks when it comes to being treated well.Ive had close to same height and I can tell you to me taller than me better situation but can hinder some positions and fun.Yes people will stare big deal!Give them to eyes full to stare at!The awkard thing to me was the short man.I love for my head to hit him about chest level.Ideally about shoulder height.I know some guys wont date women over 5.6 or 5.8 and some women that are really tall and if the guy is not 6ft wont date him and lots of short women date only tall men.To each their own preferences.
 YourAngel_a
Msg: 74
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:27:21 PM
I'm going to have to say yes, seeing as I'm 5'3 and every guy I've dated was over 6 feet They don't seem to mind too much, perfect size for cuddling : )

annie1xxxx
Msg: 75
short women/tall men
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:35:33 PM
well i am 5 11 and if i like someone height is not an issue at all
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men