Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 201
short women/tall menPage 9 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
YES ... in there 40's & younger. This proves my point that indeed in has recently ( past 20-30 years) become a big deal to women ( height of a man) . In my Grandmothers time it was not even considered ( 1920's , 30's men were shorter too). NOT genetically determined that a women wants a man 4"+ taller than her.
 Fifi47
Msg: 202
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:00:00 AM
^^^^^It possibly proves your point that the women you have met who are under 40 might prefer taller men. We all have different experiences. I have met some divorced men who seem to be seeking casual sex with divorced women who look nothing like me. A friend of mine has met several divorced men who loved the way she looks, are not weirded out because she has not been married, and would like to get to know her. Her experiences with divorced men are positive, mine are somewhat negative. We have met a small percentage of divorced men our age, so neither one of us makes blanket statements about all divorced men. (or at least we try not to).
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 203
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/16/2010 2:00:34 PM
^^^^Yep. When I was 37, my SO was 5'5". He was also 210 pounds of beautiful muscle. He was perfect for me when it came to a match in height/weight. He was also VERY secure with his own self, no insecurities whatsoever and was a true joy to be around. Had he not wanted children, I would have probably married him. JMO
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 204
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/16/2010 3:43:08 PM
People win big lotteries..... never met one myself, not likely to & even less likely to win one myself in this life time...... we all know the odds are insanely small. I guess there is that 1 in a million who will end up dating a short guy. Bet they never said I prefer a short guy. I have a few married female friends who are mystified by me being single .... til I have them think about it ( did they & did their female friends of past or present date short men???) ..... then they get it. Always the same story ( Your a great guy & nice looking , why are you having no luck?) in that they themselves are never interested in short guys ...... but some ( mystical , unknown ) girls must. It is like a Leprachan ( the women who like short men) in that never spesifically seen but believed to exist. In my 45 years I have not met a Leprachan NOR met a woman who is single & avail. AND likes short men.
 Fifi47
Msg: 205
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/16/2010 4:33:38 PM
A lot of men do not like short women, it does seem as if average/tall people get noticed more, at least some of the time. I do recall one time when I was with a friend who is 5'8'', we were sitting at a table having drinks at a club when a short guy asked her to dance. He was 5'4'' if I recall. She stood up and he looked at me and asked me to dance, he said she looked short from a distance, (she has a short torso and long legs so her legs were not visible to him I suppose). I ended up dating the guy a few times, but he wanted someone smaller than him, at the time I weighed 115 pounds at 5 feet tall ( average weight for my body type), he weighed 125-130 pounds and preferred women who were very thin.
 Fifi47
Msg: 206
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:59:05 PM
It is called preference for either sex, alth0ugh it does seem that men are into appearance more than women are when looking at someone as a potential date. I cannot speak for anyone except myself, and I have never had the requirement that a man have a certain appearance to gain my interest.
 Maesbaby763
Msg: 207
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 5:12:27 AM
I'm only 4'11" so every guy is taller then me. LOL. Everyone I have dated has been at least 6', some taller. None of them have complained so it's all good.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 208
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 8:24:56 AM

alth0ugh it does seem that men are into appearance more than women are when looking at someone as a potential date

I think what some are trying to say is the female preference for male height/tallness is about appearance.

If anything women are more rigid (and unrealistic) in their requirements than men are. In other words, Hopeful1964 is basically correct... while we've heard lots of complaints from women about men only wanting "Barbies", we've also heard of male "chubby chasers", so men are not quite unidirectional. Some will evidently settle for non-Barbies. Maybe a few even actually prefer them.

On the other hand, so far as I know there are no women going after short men. In her book "Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?", Jena Pincott reports that in fewer than 1% of marriages is a woman taller than her husband.

Lots of women have the >6' requirement (or strong preference), but only 12-14% of men are 6' or taller, so this comes down to saying the guy has to be a 9 or 10 on the height parameter before she'll even consider him for further screening. Needless to say, there aren't enough such men to go around, so lots of women will be disappointed that they can't get what they want.
 Fifi47
Msg: 209
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 8:44:09 AM
I can't relate to thinking as most women do, as I would date a man 5 feet tall, if I like him as a person. We who are typically seen as non-Barbies probably will not date anyone we feel is settling for us. "Maybe a few even actually prefer them"....and this statement says that men are not into a woman's appearance? Many seem to feel as if height is something that cannot be changed so seeking a certain height of a man does not make a woman shallow, but seeking a person of a certain weight, body shape, hair color, eye color (can be changed by wearing contact lenses), or with particular facial features does make someone shallow, and the person who has the offending traits can change to become more appealing to the masses. I am not saying I agree with this, am just saying.......
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 210
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:26:15 AM
Perfect eg. ..lots of B.B.W. clubs ..... they can suceed because there is men that find larger women attractive. You can find in any large gathering place ( eg. shopping mall) women of every shape, colour, size etc witha mate. One common thread ..... basically impossible to see a short guy with a mate. Short men are univesally shunned by today's modern Western culture women that you cannot find a dating club or site for heterosexual short men. I found 1 & it was a gay male site for short gay men. AND as a previous poster mentioned, some dating sites will NOT let short men on it because they know the attitude of a vast majority of women towards short men.
 Fifi47
Msg: 211
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:56:31 AM
BBW sites serve a purpose I suppose, but I would rather date a man who likes me for me, not because I am a certain size and if I lost weight he would dump me. At least height is basically something that cannot be changed, and if a woman likes a short man she knows he is not going to change that part of his appearance. I did date a man who was 5'4'' a few times, he lied about being divorced, I found out he was married and said goodbye. His lies had nothing to do with his height. If dating sites do not let short men on them because of the attitude of women towards short men, then they should not allow large people also due to the attitude of the vast majority of people regarding large people.
 oye101
Msg: 212
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 10:59:58 PM
all my long term x are over 6 feet and they only like short petite women.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 213
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:15:12 PM
some dating sites will NOT let short men on it because they know the attitude of a vast majority of women

Well, there is shortersingles.com & www.under-five-eight.co.uk where the requirement is that the posters be short of stature under 5'8" . Here is the problem with these sites and all that cater to the Short Man and Short Women - the shorter women will not talk to the short men even on these sites - and Taller Men troll them like any other site and poach the women off them - so once again - the Short Man is out of the picture.

eharmony already tells short men they are undesirable and are on the verge of telling the heavier singles that are on their site that they are about to be dropped because they don't fulfill the image that the site wants of the perfect couple.....Yes, it is legal - it's a private website and that is their rules and they can profile you off.

I've in my past have had friends and family try to match me up with BBW women - one problem with this is - even BBW women have the requirement for a man at least 5'8" and your friends & family can't understand what the problem is - and they blame you and quit helping and tell you that you are too picky - while it is the exact opposite - MOST PEOPLE ARE EXTREMELY PICKY & CRITICAL AGAINST SHORT MEN......

I have come to the conclusion that you can't change Human Nature and it Has Officially Shunned Short Men and basically made them the scapegoat of all human ills and distain - I know I have to find a needle in a haystack - and I will keep on looking - little works but I keep trying......
 chuckyB51
Msg: 214
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 12:32:20 AM
Here is a statement I just came across on a profile. The woman is 26 and is 5'4" in height.

"I like tall guys. 5'6 is not tall. 6'1 is tall. If you are under 5'6 and you are an adult dude, you are probably a midget. Haha! I'm mean."

What do you think of this statement?
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 215
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 12:55:49 AM
Chucky... she has the right to make that statement. Guys have plenty similar statements on their profiles.... "No dog/no fatties/no mothers".

You don't have to date her... that is all.

She is doing you a favor and sparing you the embarrassment of ridicule when you meet in person. Don't contact such a person. End of story.

Trying to fight physical preferences is totally futile.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 216
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:54:23 AM
How did a thread about short women and tall men turn into yet another diatribe by short men? Aren't there enough threads about short men?? Geez.

Don't feed the trolls. They're getting fed well enough on the Washington forum's height thread, and the Sex and Dating forum's thread on child's height from tall man/short woman and probably a bunch of others that I haven't read.

Chucky... she has the right to make that statement. Guys have plenty similar statements on their profiles.... "No dog/no fatties/no mothers".

She is doing you a favor and sparing you the embarrassment of ridicule when you meet in person. Don't contact such a person. End of story.

ding ding ding right answer
 meeshcake
Msg: 217
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 5:37:32 PM
wow -this thread is still active? I think I posted on it a year or so ago -this must really be a hot issue.

I'm 5'0"- A guy that's 5'6" (or even 5'4") would be perfect for me so there'd be nooo problem!
 dbz77
Msg: 218
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 7:08:25 PM

Does such a thing exist?Do tall men date short women?Okay..... I did a forum search on it, didn't find any.But feel free to delete it, if it is redundant. However this is not a "thinly veiled self promo thread" as some people would put it. I really want to know because I'm short.

I know this lady who is about five feet and married someone MUCH taller. I often wonder how she caught his attention in the first place, but from what I have seen and read, they get along together well enough.

Michael
 dbz77
Msg: 219
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 7:10:28 PM

Many seem to feel as if height is something that cannot be changed so seeking a certain height of a man does not make a woman shallow, but seeking a person of a certain weight, body shape, hair color, eye color (can be changed by wearing contact lenses), or with particular facial features does make someone shallow, and the person who has the offending traits can change to become more appealing to the masses. I am not saying I agree with this, am just saying.......

Absolutely correct.

People can change their weight, but height is nearly impossible to change.

Michael
 chuckyB51
Msg: 220
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 8:00:36 PM

Thank god I don't have to date her. Why would any man want to date a superficial woman who basis her happiness and femininity on being with a tall man?

You missed the point though. Why is it okay for this woman to call shorter than average men midgets? I thought we all learned not call people names and respect others in grade school. This would be like me calling all fat woman "cows".

It's interesting how woman are quick to support each other and get up in arms in the fat women posts but are quick to attack on here. Why are fat women BBW's, but short men are midgets?
 Jpheonix
Msg: 221
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/18/2010 10:55:07 PM
... I'm 5'4 and have never really dated a guy that wasn't over 6'2... Some of us just have preferences... I know that I wear 4-6 inch heels... and still want to be able to look up at the man that I'm with...
 Taztiger72
Msg: 222
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/19/2010 12:32:34 AM

You missed the point though. Why is it okay for this woman to call shorter than average men midgets? I thought we all learned not call people names and respect others in grade school. This would be like me calling all fat woman "cows".

Well I suggest you move to Michigan, Massachusetts or DC those are the only places that is against the law and discriminatory to call a Short Man a midget, shorty, ect but only in the work place.

It is going to be legal and stay legal - one thing about Discrimination Claims - if you are a Man - deal with it - even though it cuts all races of Men (White, Black, Asian).

Plus the Majority of Women have decided it is Legally Fun to discriminate against men that are in their Average Height Range. They know the Short Man is in Competition with the Taller man - the WOMEN NO MAN IS UNDER 5'8" worth their time.

So I have a challenge to all the women on this site - go to your mothers and tell them the main reason you are not able to find a "MAN" is because there are too many midgets - and see what your mothers say to you! Oh, and don't criticize, because we know what the answer is going to be in at least 70% of the time. Even better how about all the women who are 4'11" to 5'6" tell their mothers that there is no man under 5'8" worth dating just because of his height and you would prefer to be single for the rest of your life just on that reason - and once again - You know what the answer is going to be....
 Fifi47
Msg: 223
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/19/2010 3:28:38 AM
Of all the things that I mentioned besides height that could possibly be changed, why am I not surprized that someone did not mention anything on my list besides weight? I agree with the previous posters, we all have a choice to date who we want, and if a tall man chooses me to date I am sure someone will ask why he picked a short, plump woman, as tall, thin women are supposedly so hot to many men.
 gycraig2
Msg: 224
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/19/2010 4:15:08 AM
im 5.11 so i think im bout smack bang in middle of tall and short

from my experiences most short people need to shut up complaining and get out there. when i go out on the pull i found my shorter mates are a lot better companions if there comfortable with there heigh ill approach the tallest they go for the shortest it works a lot and most of my shorter friends seem to be funnier

a fair few of my shorter mates 5,5-5,9 are dating gorgeous womenlso most women arent as picky as people like to make out

im currently dating a 5foot 8 lass who i met off here and it seems great same height for cuddling dance no craning neck for smooches

however i will agree theres a massive massive double standard

this is my list of requirements in a girl cant be fat-got to be very good looking- must have over DD boobs

come on girls slate me for it prove the double standard your defending :)
 dbz77
Msg: 225
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:03:49 AM

Of all the things that I mentioned besides height that could possibly be changed, why am I not surprized that someone did not mention anything on my list besides weight? I agree with the previous posters, we all have a choice to date who we want, and if a tall man chooses me to date I am sure someone will ask why he picked a short, plump woman, as tall, thin women are supposedly so hot to many men.

Maybe because he is a little on the heavy side himself.

I know a tall, heavy dude who married a plump woman, and I doubt he would have married someone who was built like a pencil.

Michael
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men