Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do you kno if a guy really cares about you??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 angelwatching
Msg: 26
how do you kno if a guy really cares about you??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If he cant get enough of you ,,if he listens and wants to be there for you ,if you are sick and look like hell and he still wants to kiss you goodnight,if he puts you ahead of him he cares about you ..
 dwight1055
Msg: 27
how do you kno if a guy really cares about you??
Posted: 2/10/2007 11:41:53 AM
..when the 2 of you can't stand to be apart! when you are eachothers best friend..theres nothing better!
 Inigo_Montoya
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:09:42 PM
So I read some of these threads and some hinted at this but others didn't....what I see that's clearly missing is: communication.

Do you talk to your partner? Does he talk to you? It is very easy to say "I love you, I care about you, you are important to me". You will know it's the truth because of experiences you've been through together that you have
1. both enjoyed.
2. have tested the resilence of your relationship - no one sticks through hard times with a partner because they like abuse or dealing with hard stuff.
3. you have commonality of spirit and you both have articulated that it "feels right" being together.

Also, and this is my perspective, but I find it really frustrating when people just "hint" around being a certain way, acting a certain way, or sending non-verbal messages to their partner on what they want or how they feel. Why not just be honest?
What I'm saying is that if you want to know if someone cares about you, ask! Depending on the response (and you may have to ask several times in different situations), you'll know if you should stick it out with that person or cut lose.

NEVER be afraid to ask. Not in relationships, not in career, not in finances, not for anything. Do you want something; do you want to know something? Then, very clearly, you go after it! You go get it!

IM
 IrishSpirit
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:11:54 PM
leave him, you'll soon find out !!
 hbuddy
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:35:57 PM
I would say I Spy said everything. I have to add that the time is the best indicator. And another thing, see how does he behave with people that are hard to get along with or disabled. That most likely would be his behaviour with you after some time....
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/10/2007 5:05:03 PM
I believe it's in his eyes. I can usually tell if a guy cares about me by the look in his eyes.
If a guy can give you his time, and WANTS to spend his time with you it's uaually a sure sign that he's 'into you'. As the old saying goes, passion.....it's in his kiss!
There are so many ways to be able to tell if a guy cares about you. Unfortunately, I only end up with the one's who's world revolves around themselves, but that's life!
 gottotreatmelikealady
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/10/2007 5:46:22 PM
1.When he calls for no reason but to hear your voice.
2.He thinks of you before himself.
3.You call and he is right there to hold your hand for any reason.
4.The way he looks at you.
5.Walking down the road and you are on the inside.
6.He sees something bad happening close to you and steers you away to protect you.
7.He tells you dinner was great and you had to choke it down.
8.Nothing makes your butt look big.
9.Holds you and lets you cry till you are done even though seeing you cry kills him.
10.after you have already had intimate relations 1000 times he still whispers at a party cant wait to get you home.......
 crevette delicieuse
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/31/2007 12:52:40 AM
If you can't tell whether or not somone cares about you why bother going any further.If you are well suited, he will show his interest and affection for you . If not ,why not cut your losses and find somone who will show his interest.
 Cuddle1
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/31/2007 1:04:47 AM
When, after he was ignoring you as he was dealling with a disaster at work.....he sends gift of flowers and then after 9 months of chatting online and on the phone.....he wasnt to come to you to meet you in another continent
 jimi77
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/31/2007 1:05:08 AM
his action will show if he cares about you.. love is an action not a feeling so much.. feelings can be deceptive..
 iwillkeepuguessing
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/31/2007 1:06:54 AM
gottotreatmelikealady - All 10 of those are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 barnesbrook
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/31/2007 1:19:36 AM

how can u tell if a guy really cares about u?

It is shown by all the little things that he or she does, That is the persons total focus and direction, then the big things then take care of themselves.

You should see this instantly in the first few seconds of a date. If you don't then move on, as you have the wrong person.
 Astreaa
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/31/2007 7:18:32 AM
I think that if you really like someone you will just call them up on the phone just to hear their voice
 mizbex
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/31/2007 7:28:54 AM
I think when a man really cares about you he shows it in the little ways that really count. He askes about your day, your interests, your life. For me knowing that someone truly cares about me has never been shown through some grand gesture, it has been shown in small significant special touchs which were very special to me and he knew it.
 somethingnuw
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/26/2007 5:19:52 PM
Number one piece of advice I could give is not to sleep with him... you'll soon know if how into you he is and/or if he's a player...

Sorry guys but I believe this to be true.
 regalrose
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 9:11:31 PM

There's three things you need to know about guys.

1. Guys aren't as good at communicating about their feelings as women.

2. Guys also don't feel the need to communicate about something they think should be obvious.

3. Guys are afraid of getting shot down if they are the first to utter "I love you." It's happened to us all and we live in dread of dread getting the "Let's just be friends" speech in response from a woman we really dig.

The first two, I already knew, but the third one? lol....If I was seeing a guy(and I'm talking about steadily), I would be into him or I wouldn't BE seeing him, and if he were to say the "L" word first....omg...he'd have no reason to fear being shot down here, lol. If I am not really, really into a guy, they don't make it past the first three dates. I don't date just for the sake of dating, and by the third date, I can tell if I just wanna be friends and he wouldn't have made it by then to the "L" stage anyhow.
 Realist59
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 9:23:55 PM
Each individual man is going to show that he cares in a different way. It can range from one man looking deep into your eyes while you talk to another one bringing you something neat he found. Another might show it by trying to fix your car for you. Another might want to take you out for dinner. The only slightly sure-fire way is to ask him what he does to show a woman he cares about her and you'll get the answer by whether or not he demonstrates it to you.

Did you want some help trying to figure out if a specific man cares for you? Why don't you just ask him how he's feeling.
 BobRuinedTheDate
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/29/2007 9:42:36 PM
When he brings you flowers for no reason at all, when he calls you for spur of the moment dates, when, on Christmas morning, you open a present from him and you are stunned and excited to see he's given you a whole box full of "y"s and "o"s that you can use in your internet typing to write "you" instead of just "u"
 palace girl
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/30/2007 7:11:53 AM
When he is there for you no matter what .
When he doesnt think that the world revolves around him.
When you txt him and tell him that you have a problem and he is interested enough to help you and not tell you that he doesnt want to hear about it
When he only has eyes for you when your sitting in a bar even if there are other beautiful women around .
When he doesnt take up the time you spend together talking about his ex.

These are all signs that the guy cares for you and would do anything for you.
 DreaminCountry
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/30/2007 7:26:29 AM
I've always thought that most people make this far more complicated than it has to be. How do you know ANYONE cares about you? The same parameters apply. You know your friends care about you because....you know your family cares about you because...you know your dog cares about you because...okay..same thing..you know your man cares about you because....and if someone who cares about you is so emotionally bankrupt or have such an inferiority complex that they are truly unable to show you in some small ways they care about you...really? you want to have a relationship with someone who can't even show you they care about you in any way? No thanks. If you're 20 that's fine. At my age...no way. Confidence and the ability to communicate is too important.
 ManeRider
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:45:58 AM

Confidence and the ability to communicate is too important.

I see it like this:

Most women like confidance in a man. This is a good thing.
However, (BIG coma) when matters of the heart are concerned, I, for one, can lose a little confidance. When I'm looking at/talking to a girl I'm smitten with or geuinely care for , I tend to lose a lot of what "appears" to be confidance. My palms will sweat, I tend to hesitate speaking (tongue-tied), and I might "appear" anything but confidant. So, my point is, when women are judging how much a man may care for or have want to be with them, it isn't always their outward signs that matter or that that should be the only consideration.

Once past the initial stages of dating someone, I loosen up, and am much less inhibited by my fluttering heartbeat. But getting to that point can be cumbersome, at times, and I think it takes a sharp eye to know the difference between someone who IS actually dissinterested, and someone who IS apprehensive because they're smitten with you.
 marshw
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:50:00 AM
This comes from dontdatehimgirl.com

A healthy relationship is one in which:

1. Partners can disagree respectfully without threats, despair or hopelessness.

2. The sex is great and both partners are satisfied.

3. There is no physical, verbal or emotional abuse.

4. Each partner respects and cherishes the other so that even if you don't agree, you still love and care for each other and differences of opinion are respected.

5. Both partners are honest with each other.

6. There is no exit strategy. The commitment to each other is there and it's solid. Neither partner can "escape" from the relationship.

7. Both partners keep their promises to each other.

8. The relationship feels fun, comfortable and reassuring.

9. Each partner is complimentary of the other. Saying nice things to your partner and expressing how much you love each other is key to a healthy relationship.

10. Each partner cares for his or her individual needs, but also cares for the needs of the relationship. Each partner can be independent and enjoy hobbies and interests, but pay great attention to what's going on in the relationship and taking great care to nurture it.

If you have all that, he cares. He may care and you only have some of that, but if you don't have any, he doesn't.
 Realist59
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 9:12:18 AM
I've been told the same thing that manerider talks about by another POF'er and think it might be more common than women realize.

I like it when confidence comes with a side of humble, and not with an order of ego or conceit so I find myself becoming reserved with confident men. I would prefer someone who is a little bit tentative at first because it shows that the person cares about how you are feeling about them in return.

The trick is to get comfortable with yourself at the beginning of a relationship and to help the other person feel comfortable as well. Don't put big expectations on either yourself or the other person - it's too much stress.

Make sure you get through the tentative period first, then if you're confused by the signals you're getting, ask how he demonstrates how he cares about the people he has relationships with.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do you kno if a guy really cares about you??