Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who like you to chase them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Scorpio*
Msg: 76
Men who like you to chase themPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
You are so right!!! If there is a chase going on then someone has problems. I don't like chasing and I am a very forward person so I will definately tell someone if I like them. If he doesn't show interest then I am off to find someone who does!!
 suzis97
Msg: 77
Men who like you to chase them
Posted: 5/10/2006 4:45:50 PM
I agree with you totally, they just want to make you beg so that they feel good about themselves, they will never be one for a long term relationship. When a man wants you there is nothing that will hold him back.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/10/2006 5:10:53 PM
Not into chasing, not into being chased personally. It's just a word. Expressing interest, as many have said, that's different. Pursuing an interest, that's different also. But pursuing in my usage is just expressing an interest, and continuing to let someone know you're still interested. Expressing and pursuing interest, if it's not mutual, well personally can't see how it could lead to eventually developing a relationship. But that's the thing, a relationship developing. Not a microwave-meal, instant thing. If neither one is interested and expressing that, than either both of you are wasting each other's time or hoping for something interim so you "have someone" which will distract you from finding someone who could be important. It's just my thoughts, just how I do and think about things, but it's the only thing that's proven to be true for me, over and over.
 fishman48
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/10/2006 5:55:51 PM
I've chased, and caught, and then been dumped because she broke down and wasn't interested in the first place. I've chased, only to find out that she was making a hilarity out of me behind my back. I've been chased and caught and then found out that I was just one in a long list. I've listened to women say things like "I told him all I wanted to be was just friends and he was long gone. Goes to show what he wanted hey." Just try that with a woman. You tell her all you want to be is just friends and hell hath no fury, let me tell you. Also, I've had women friends, who made it clear that was all they wanted and then apparently changed their minds and thought you were supposed to be a mind reader or something. If we have to start guessing, things go wrong. Oh yeah, and then there's the ones that lead you on and then change their minds and then start on about how you won't leave them alone, etc, etc. There's as many different kinds of guys out there as there are women, and if you start generalizing and aren't straight with a guy, what do you expect? We aren't mind readers, we're not all a bunch of aggresive jerks, and believe it or not, there are guys out there who lead with their hearts and don't like one night stands any more than some women do. And yes, I say, some women. Because believe it or not, whatever you can say about a guy, or about a woman can also be said about some women, and some guys. So instead of making generalizations, why not be a little more honest and straightforward? Guys can be hurt too, I've seen many in tears over a woman and yes, we get gunshy too.
 c_deacon
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 5:56:09 PM
Bucs......

As usual, you have a way with words that I truly enjoy.......

Most of us.....both men and women.....like to be admired and pursued to some degree and those of us mature enough to know what we are looking for and want in another and ourselves, travel that direction.

Dating is the game of searching for the one that will make you forget others to the point of wanting to have just each other. How that works is all dependent on the two of you and how you interact with each other......

Just my opinion.....
 bucsgirl
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:10:58 PM
c_deacon Thanks for what you said, you so added to what I had said. If two people are interested, there should be no hesitancy or inhibition about letting the other person know "I'm interested". Why is that so hard? And if someone asks, why are you interested, then tell them!! I get so almost gobsmacked, that what is essentially so simple, after reading all these threads, many people are making it much more complex than it is.
And yes, it IS simple. Find someone you have an interest it, on the internet, or at the store you go to..woohoo, not rocket science. Express and interest and leave it at that. If they're interested, they'll let you know. Is it just that simple, or did I put my pants on backwards? Hey, its' just a joke. Just to say don't get your pants in a twist about it.
And I did do some writing about this, but I'm so convinced, that once you find the "one" everything else fades into oblivion. You don't even remember looking.
 ~AlbertazAngel~
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:26:56 PM
ahhh the thrill of the chase.. and i hafta disagree w/ur comment "but in the long run the man must be the hunter 4 his prey".. we`re all "hunters" looking 4 our next "prey".. maybe somethings have changed in the dating world.. perhaps women r getting more aggresive w/knowing what & who they want.. shouldn`t just be left up 2 the man 2 do all the chasing..
if there is a guy i`m interested in.. i`m not going 2 back down until i "get what i want".. oops hope this hasn`t scared any of u males out there..
 diggydiggy
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:31:08 PM
.....And once you find the "one" where everything else fades into oblivion, and you're both there, there is no question needing an answer....somehow it just meshes. There is no consciousness of chasing......just an awareness of each other and a fulfillment unmeasurable.

......and if everyone were to find the "one," there would be no more thread articles stating "What does it mean?," "Is he just not that into me?", "Mixed signals," "Women who Lie" and "Men who like you to chase them." There would be no "PlentyofFish."

I could handle that actually, but only after I got some email addresses.

Agreed? Agreed. So on to that.....
 Polly_G
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:43:29 PM
I don't chase guys. Feels like its demeaning to myself.
 arri
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:06:49 PM
A little chase is welcome. It's good for the women to take a proactive approach with their romantic destiny rather that sit back and wait for gentleman callers.

It's really not all that difficult to land and keep a man.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:11:03 PM

We are very scared of ending up with the wrong woman.

As are we of ending up with the wrong man.
 toni332
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:18:30 PM
I've been told by several men and women that guys don't like it when a woman chases them. I've also read that in a book to. I've always wanted to know why that was. You're the first guy to mention who likes to be chased. Interesting.
 wildazz33
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:33:41 PM
why does the men always have to chase..this is 2006 people..women want all rights men have but when it comes to dating they wanna go back 100 years ...come on ladies yall think some guy suppose to drop to his knees and beg like a puppy...i think its sexy for a woman to come on first it shows she is secure with herself and comfortable in her own skin..dont get me wrong i love women but not snotty stuck up women who think there the only hot chick in the world just is a big turn off ...lose the atitudes you would attract more men.......
 c_deacon
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:00:13 PM
Diggy....

All you have to do is ask.....but is that deemed chasing then????.....smiles

OT.....Finding "the one" is always the goal......some times it just takes longer to do....that is all.....

Just my opinion.....
 the supernatural
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:22:27 PM
I enjoy the chase, but I only chase women who make it known they want to be chased. Does that make any sense?
 Tony-G
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:42:08 PM
I know who I am and when I see 90% of wOMAN date loosers,the only way I will even consider them is if I see how much effort they put in getting the bad taste out of my mouth>
 kap10cavy1963
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:25:58 PM
All I have to say on this subject is.
Hi ladies, looking for someone with a bum leg?
I lost my running shoes, what now?
 picker_grinner
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:46:22 AM
but I only chase women who make it known they want to be chased.

Doesn't necessarily mean they want to be caught.
 fishman48
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:03:20 AM
Exactly wildazzz, it's the 20th century.

There's nothing UGLIER than a pretty "looking" girl that thinks that you should be kissing her a$$ just so all the time because if you don't there's 10 guys waiting in line to give it a go. Well honey, go have all 10 of them then. The prettiest girls out there are the ones that are but don't act like they know it and know that that's not all there is to being a human being.
 diggerbob1
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:02:12 AM
Girls Girls some of us guys like to be chased abit. It's good for our ego too you know. I was chased by my wife 39 years ago. Well she made the first move anyways. Liked what I saw and the rest was history. Don't expect women to do all the chasing, because it takes 2 to tango. Letting someone know your interested, what's the harm in that? None of us likes to be rejected but thats life. So come on girls " give us a call too.
 picker_grinner
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:23:30 AM
Has anyone ever seen a dog chase it's tail?
 miscbyprodut
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:20:23 PM
i like you.
do you like me?
anwser yes or no.

does this mean I have to take biography again?
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:39:40 PM
Grinner,

Not into chasing my own tail.

Wolf
 el tiburon
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/13/2006 4:39:07 PM
This topic reminds me of a saying in Spanish which goes like this:

"No es el hombre que escoge a la mujer, es la mujer quien escoge al hombre que ha de escogerla a ella"...

... which grossly translated means: It is not the man who chooses his woman, it is the woman, who will choose the man who will choose her.

To me folks this means, that if you are not the one she has her eyes on, no amount of chasing will make her want you. However if she has her eyes on you, she will subtly let you know you are in the game...

Having said all that, I do find it attractive on a woman that makes the first move and asks me out, or if she asks for my number, or volunteers her number before I asked. That doesn't scare me off...

Happy chasing!

OE
 Wild Heart
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/13/2006 6:18:33 PM
I too think that everyone likes to be chased to some degree. Some will chase more and some will chase less.

An interesting thing that I noticed the other day: My 10 year old niece was running away from the boy next door when he came over. She did it a few times, I heard him say "Stop it!, I'm going home" only to come back some more and chase her!

Where did this behaviour come from?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who like you to chase them