Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 desperodo
Msg: 101
Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
never date a friends x --- ,friends stick together and support each other ,friendship is a network ...you date the x .who needs friends like that .?.
 Hat_Hair_Be_Gone
Msg: 102
Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:45:22 PM
Like I always say, you can't control the actions of others just your own. It doesn't matter if someone date's your ex, they are your ex for a reason, maybe they are more suited to be with one another. If they had to come together by low-down means, then it probably means they won't last anyway.

i would not ask one of my bros not to date my ex, i would just make sure they know all the reasons why they are my ex! lol
 sbsk8
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/20/2006 8:43:55 PM
i had a friend do that ot me once, lucky me and my ex only dated for a month and i could care less
on the other hand i just broke with my girl of over 2 years...if i found out my friend was dating or w/e to her....boy and girl your asking for trouble...no matter what you'll never ever truely be over someone,there will always be that fact "hey we used to love each other"
si you tell me if its alright
 Azalea Path
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/20/2006 10:38:37 PM
I think it depends on how serious the relationship was and how it ended. Of course...there's always this little issue...happened to me once...your friend telling you all sorts of intimate details about their sex life with your ex! Talk about icky and uncomfortable!
 Count_of_Monte_Crisco
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/20/2006 10:42:15 PM
Watch "Breakin All the Rules". Good movie...really made me consider biting my hand anytime I met someone. Plus I mean...Jamie Foxx
 Thattallguy
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:04:13 AM
Its situtational, but 99% of the time I would say **** no. Its my best friend, and my****is better used fcking some other woman than the dyke who hurt my bro. Fck that. Only sht men would date their best friends ex. Can you say future jail bait?

Now, if the situation is like only a few dates, nothing happened, but they are friends and I get along with her....after asking my bro for permission, only then would I consider it.
 alice0120
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:08:33 AM
I'm, sure if there's a genuine connection your best mate would be freaked but happy for you it is a small world
 medicgirl911
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:11:19 AM
This question is such a good one! I am so undecided about this. I mean... you ex's freinds are a lot like him in the way of interests, activities ect...so.. they may make a great new partner. The flip side to this would be why did you break up with the ex anyway?? Do you WANT someone like them again??

I think of one of my freinds being with my ex and it makes me feel uncomfortable in one way but then again I think of the fact that they both may be happy and good for each other and then I remember that I care about them both and want what is best for them....

hmmm.....
 crossmovement
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:15:59 AM
Honestly, I dont know what to think on that question, however I wont do it out of respect just incase theres feelings still there between the 2 people.

Ive heard so many answers over this that it aint funny, get permission, dont do it, do it anyways. So, again I dont know what to think lol.
 xFlyNerdx
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/21/2006 1:32:50 AM
lol not unless you want serious woman drama
 hapeenurse
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/21/2006 2:10:05 AM
I wouldn't do it , and I doubt any of my friends would either.
Helps immensely that we are all into different "types" of guys but even if we liked the same kind , it's just an unspoken no for us.
and I like it that way.
 Jason2983
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2006 2:58:25 AM
dam if my mate went out with a ex of my i would kick his ass what friend would get with a friends ex i would never do that its crazy!!!
 mogrl
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/21/2006 3:38:01 AM
No its not.My best friend of 7 years was convinced that i was seeing her EX.I wasn`t and she she didn`t believe it.She had other issues then too and i just didn`t know it.I would never risk losing a best friend over a man.
 Seshiro
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2006 11:22:21 AM
Regardless if its OK or not, it happens and it sucks for not just one friendship is destoryed but two. We learn from experance and I've got my lesson.

Sesh.
 itsalldasame
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:19:24 PM
no unless they are dead then go for it
 Blk_Archangel7
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:24:52 PM
hell no, that's total disrespect to my main homie if I dared pulled a movement like that. I've had that shit happen to me and I'm no longer best friends with that person but we're very civil but not friends.
 Cogie36
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:27:07 PM
Its perfect if you want to end a relationship
 spah2k
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:34:07 PM
i had an ex of mine set me up with one of her good friends when i was in high school. i think she did it on purpose though because the girl she set me up with was crazy. at this point in my life im over the whole "shes not mine anymore but she'll always be mine, you cant have her" thing. the only time that would bother me is my exwife. not so much as an emotional "i still love her" thing but after what she did to me i dont see someone who calls themselves my friend could date her. but c'est la vie.
 huka5510
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:55:56 PM
I gave my friend my blessing to date my ex husband (actually we were separated for about 2 years). I figured she was a nice girl, he's a nice guy, maybe they could be happy and I knew that I certainly didn't want him so what did I care who he was with? It only got weird when she started to girl talk and dish the dirty details of her sex life! I almost threw up as she began to tell me how he used toys on her and did this and that....too much info for me!
OP if its cool with all parties involved I don't see it as a problem.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:02:03 PM
Never mess with a friends' ex...period. That's just bad form and bad karma all rolled into one.

Some bridges just shouldn't be crossed. This game of dating exes only works til you're 13...then it's time to grow up.
 artist_48
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:18:54 PM
unwritten rule of life no. 4,739,721: ya don't date your best friend's X
 FourUms
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:22:56 PM
When I was a kid, my dad told me to never let a girlfriend come between friends - the girlfriends come and go, but a good friendship lasts a lifetime. I don't know how well this translates to adult dating.

On the other hand, I have had a couple ex's want to set me up with friends of theirs. One even wanted to set me up with her sister, but I think that may have been more because she didn't like the guy her sister was dating. I always declined - especially the sister!

On the third hand, I have two good friends, one of whom has just started dating the other's ex. Already the future looks really rocky. The friendship between them seems to really be at risk. The guy whose ex it is doesn't feel comfortable talking to the other one about his day to day life for fear that it will get back to his ex. The guy doing the dating has already been lying to the first guy because he doesn't want to let on how serious it's getting so quickly. I'm stuck in the middle with both of them complaining to me. I'm glad I don't know her that well, or she'd probably be calling me too!

My advice, just don't do it!
 canukflowerchild
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:30:29 PM
Don't do it...it will come back and bite you in the butt...bad karma!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:35:01 PM
If the breakup was amicable, yes but only after you leave some time period for the parties to fully get over their relationship (different for everyone).
If the breakup was miserable and terrible, no.
 .Marc
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:36:23 PM
Only with permission. Otherwise what you're doing is a breach of most social conventions and is likely to piss people off.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????