Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mom of 2
Msg: 26
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Would I date a man who wore makeup?

Only long enough for him to teach me the 'right' way to wear the damn stuff - lol - wasn't much of a girly girl growing up and kind of had to teach myself.
 topekabluez
Msg: 27
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:16:03 AM
Something tells me Gene Simmons didn't have any trouble getting a date.

Bluez
 Eu e voce
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:24:15 AM
I sure would

If he has enough money and time to apply consealer and coverup for those pretty bruises my bat would leave behind
 Night Run
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:55:14 PM
No I'm not wearing makeup. I did in the 80s. I was in a hairband. But this is the trend out of Europe. The Metrosexual Male who is in tune with his femininity and wants to put his best look forward. And I ain't no drag queen!!!! The kids are doing it and some of my friends put on a little eyeliner and a little rouge when they hit the clubs. But perhaps according to the responses here I should keep that old makeup in the drawer until Hallowe'en, a Poison concert, or the next showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Wait I'm going to pull out a bunch questions that I think of when Im sitting at 4 in the morning in my cab waiting hours for a fare. The hairbands are back and Poison is wearing the makeup and poofed their hair again. I have the new album in front of me, they weren't doing it in '93. I have the a tour video from that year. I think your going to see more and more guys doing it. It is the new trend and I was wondering what the women are thinking on here. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley both wear makeup on and off the stage. And not just their stage makeup but I know Gene always has a little eyeliner on.
 the_vision
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:00:13 PM
i guess i'm just emo but when guys wear eye makeup, like eyeliner and even sometimes some black shadow or red shadow (think sonny moore) i think it's really hot.

but emo kids are pretty androgynous, there have been plenty of times that i've gone to shows and i'm like "is that a boy or a girl?"

foundation or blush...no, that's a little too much. i might excuse concealor if he had a really bad blemish or something.
 Night Run
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:20:57 PM
Metrosexual Male. Think James Bond that make himself as beautiful as possible. Or any male runway model. That what I was referring too.
 Always Smiling35
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:41:56 PM

Guys who wear makeup should be beaten to death.

chellelea
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:34:38 PM
This isn't the 80's and I don't see myself dating a rock star anytime soon so I'm going with...NO WAY would I date a man who wore makeup for recreational purposes.

Different story if he was in a band, or had another type job where it was required but I do not want to go out with my man wearing makeup. I like MANLY men, yes some cologne, styling products in the hair and well groomed but not makeup, that's a little much, even for what I consider to be a metrosexual male.

In the 80's my boyfriend shared my eyeliner...those days are over...LOL...thank goodness!
 spinsugar_1
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:37:05 PM
Bert McCracken from The Used wears Make Up and so does Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance and i so would date those guys..hehehe
 Night Run
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:49:14 PM
METROSEXUAL MALE.

A heterosexual male that:

-is ONLY attracted to women
-give great attention to his appearance
-uses plenty of skin/hair care products
-dresses in style and enjoys shopping
-is hip to all things sophisticated
-prefers wine to beer
-is extremely name-brand conscious
-enjoys hosting parties/events
-is a romantic with an appreciation for art

italiana 37
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:04:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way !!!

I love my eye makeup and I'm not sharing it with anyone.....

Yuk Yuk Yuk

I remember once dating a guy for a short while. He went on a trip and when he came back showed me some of his travel photos. Apparently one night there was a "show" at his resort and he danced as a ballerina. He had that tou tou (or whatever u call it) and lots of makeup...I remember thinking to myself .."Ok I wasn't quite sure i liked you but now I'm positive you are NOT for me"...sorry
 the_vision
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:06:33 PM

Bert McCracken from The Used wears Make Up and so does Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance and i so would date those guys..hehehe

oh yes! exactly!
 qbnpete
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:27:01 PM
metrosexual men may not be homosexuals, but they're pretty damn close. metrosexuals are just one example of what happens when society starts wanting to blend whats masculine and feminine. you get men who don't know how to act like men anymore, they want to wax their chests, arms, legs...to have a very smooth hairless body which is feminine. not to mention guys that get pedicures and manicures. i workout with a couple of guys that can't go to the gym without their lifting gloves...god forbid they get a callous or two. i, on the other hand like having callouses the last thing i want are soft girly hands.
 At_Fates_Gateā„¢
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:29:55 PM
The only time I wear lipstick is after my gf has given me head
 sayonara7
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:48:27 PM
METROSEXUAL MALE.

A heterosexual male that:

-is ONLY attracted to women
-give great attention to his appearance
-uses plenty of skin/hair care products
-dresses in style and enjoys shopping
-is hip to all things sophisticated
-prefers wine to beer
-is extremely name-brand conscious
-enjoys hosting parties/events
-is a romantic with an appreciation for art

That just sounds too feminine.Sorry.Men should act like men.Okay I'd rather have tarzan from the jungle.Why would any girl want another girlfriend, if she could have a manly man?Unless she is a lesbian or a bisexual herself.
 Doug26
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:49:58 PM
hi how are you ? and what would like to chaat about
 missjamie2306
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:00:39 PM
are u ****ing serious, a guy that wears makeup..... hmmm. maybe he's a little too ****ing feminine or maybe hes gay
 MaggieMae42276
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:12:11 PM
yall have made my belly hurt from laughing so much .......... as for me I like the MANLY man .... and ummmmm no I dont want to date a man that wears any kind of make up .... NONE ......... even if its for the cameras........ ummmmmmmm NO

(still laughing at the response "beaten to death" )
 WRBH
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:21:37 PM
Depends on something, if he looks better in it then I do,lol ;)
 laydownbesideme
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:27:46 PM
hhmmm.....I never knew guys wore makeup. Never have known any man to wear it, and would be more than freaked out if he came to me with it on. Just like many other things I didn't know men did, like shave down there, or pluck eyebrows, or get pedicures.

Sheesh. I have been living in the wrong era!

Adelaide77
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:31:39 PM
H*ll yes I would (and have)! Very sexy if done right. My date to prom in highschool was wearing more eyeliner than i was heh.

I probably wouldn't like him wearing anything to *girly* though, I'm not into sissy boys. Gothish guys are adorable though ;-) .
 prettyprincesst
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/11/2006 10:15:43 PM
MAYBE.... depends on how much make-up!
 a_sweet_fishy
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/11/2006 10:24:18 PM
OMFG!!!! I can't imagine a man in makeup thinking it added to his appearance!! That is just too funny. I seldom wear any myself, I can't imagine having a man who did!!!
 davis_57
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:01:56 PM
I actually prefer guys who aren't afraid to wear makeup... eyeliner and mascara... one of my friends does, and he's most definately the hottest guy I know.... but then again I am into the goth scene anyways.

I wouldn't guage a person's "sexual preference" or anything like that on whether or not they wear makeup. Just because they wear makeup doesn't make them anyless of a man. You should see some of the guys that I know that wear makeup.... they could beat the shit out of a lot of people (they're not only tall (>6') but they're big (>250 lbs)) ...so I would never guage their manliness based on that either.

I like a guy to be openminded... its easier to talk to people that are openminded. So.. yeah i think its pretty cool :)
 qbnpete
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:06:38 PM
notice that most of the ladies on here that like the idea of a man in makeup are in their twenties....what does that tell you about society and the acceptance of the feminization of men.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?