Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Joy.
Msg: 51
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Yes, most of the chicks who are into it seem to be very young. Apparently the OP is hanging out with a crowd MUCH younger than he is....at 41 you're considering wearing makeup??

Dude....be a man and do what most guys do when going thru a mid-life crisis....buy a sports car! For God's sake, please do not wear makeup. I think you would be the laughing stock...
 sayonara7
Msg: 52
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:22:14 PM
He is already a laughing stock in my eyes.I mean I wear enough eyeliner for two people, I definately wouldn't want the guy I'm with to do the same thing too.That is just illogical, why do some men do that.
 davis_57
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:47:10 PM
Why is it you're telling him to "be a man" ? I don't understand this... maybe it is because i'm only 20, and quite possibly naive. But the last time that I checked, what makes him a man is the fact that he has a penis, and testicles... i'm pretty sure that makeup has NOTHING to do with that.

Why is it that wearing makeup makes him "less of a man"? Does wearing makeup make us "more of a woman"? I don't define my sexual organs by the amount of makeup I wear.

And yes, us "younger" ones usually do find this more attractive since, guess what..? The world is becoming more accepting, and we're part of that generation. The generation that isn't afraid to say that makeup on a guy is "ok", or that transgendered people can live side by side with those of us who actually feel we were born the right gender. Notice that Canada also has that gay marriage thing? The world is progressing... and for those of us who are openminded, its moving at the right speed.

This is just the start.. I just hope that 20 years from now, that I will be just as openminded to the "weird" things people are doing then, as i am now.

If you don't prefer it that's cool...we all know what's attractive or not... we all have a "type"... just don't base a man's "manliness" based on whether he wears makeup or not. If I didn't wear makeup I wouldn't think of myself as less of a woman... and I actually commend women who go about their day without makeup. I don't think it changes the degree of their gender.

:)
 crabstuffing
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:50:48 PM
Maybe when i was in my teens when I was into the goth/new wave thing.
I hated the bands in the 80s early 90s that did this too. I wasn't into "hair rock"
But I'm almost 40 now and I say NO.

Unless it's corpsepaint.
haha, just kidding. If you don't know what that is, nevermind.
 sparticuss
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/12/2006 1:17:07 AM
Excuse me terroriser

I do know one guy who wears make up.

He wears it since he was nearly beaten to death. His entire face was caved in badly. The doctors pretty much had to pull his face apart and put it back together again.

No fancy expensive cosmetic surgey for this dude either. His bank balance barely covered the cost of saving his life.

Now his face is such a mess that the girls just turn away at the sight of him.

He tries to tone things down a bit with make up but it doesn't help much.
 rainskiss
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/12/2006 3:25:03 AM
If I liked that person inside, you betcha, i see some pretty hot goths at the mall with the black eye liner and all.
 Night Run
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:25:45 AM
Funny about this. When referring to rock bands doing it because they were doing the makeup thing long before the 80s. Late 60s: Elton John Early 70s: New York Dolls, David Bowie, Uriah Heep, and Twister Sister who started in 1974 and the original look was all the guys were in drag, with the lead singer (Not Dee Snider) in a wonderful wool sweater that came down nicely off his shoulders. And the influence for all the hairbands of the 80s the old school punkband Hanoi Rocks late 70s. Maybe I should pull that makeup out of my drawer? I guess the guys in Poison and Motley Crue are having there midlife crisises too!!!! I didn't even think of the Goth culture. I was really thinking of the Metrosexual Male. Who I said looks like James Bond and may add a little eyeliner or brush or coverup or foundation to inhance his looks. Just like the women do. Last year I repeirced my ear and bought a nice three inch, three chain earing with 6 stars at a Girly store. Why? Cause that's the person I was when I was younger and that's my roots. You don't have to become a different person because you get older. I think the younger generation understands this. Be yourself and don't make changes based on someone elses opinion. I'm not going through my midlife crisis. I did that at 23. I'm living my life the way I wish I could have lived it over the past 15 years due to very difficult hardships. I'm truly enjoying life for the first time now and truly looking forward to some wonderful life experiences, along with my earing.
 na6ce
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:36:17 AM
i'm no where near goth, but i'm all about the eyeliner lately. definately brings out the color in my eyes.
maybe i'm vain, so what?
 blindheart1
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:47:33 AM
Take "BOY GEORGE"........................ Puh leazzzzzzzz,... clear case of gender confusion!!
 laydownbesideme
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:59:48 AM
Confidence is far sexier without vanity and no make needed. The day I get into a conversation with a man on the best way to apply make-up is the day we become friends and not lovers. ick.
 Pablo_F
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:05:53 AM
Well I just find the whole concept quite.... afeminine. Nothing personal towards the OP or any other guy who has posted in regards to being pro makeup for men.

Call me conservative and traditional, but the last I want is to have to forget my compact while I am out on a canoe/camping trip. I'll just throw a hissy fit right there and then!

Nah.... I'll pass.

A bit of gel in my hair in the morning after my shower and I am good to go!
 WRBH
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:12:23 AM
qb, that tells us were in trouble. When some guy I'm dating asks me to hang out in the mens dressing room section and let him know how his rear looks in a certain pair of pants. I'm running back to Idaho and hiding. I want a man that's more masculine then I am :)
 GinNJuice
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:16:28 AM
he probably would look better then me, so no.
 qbnpete
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:57:45 AM
davis 57: obviously wearing makeup isn't going to turn a man into a woman but it certainly makes him more feminine. just like if he shaves his chest arms and legs, because he wants his skin to be baby smooth, just like a woman....thats feminine and the more society continues to blur lines btwn masculine and feminine the more we as a society will be in trouble. look at what the OP posted earlier, talking about elton john and david bowie two very feminine, girly men, thats certainly not who i would want to be compared to as a man. give me james cagney, john wayne, clint eastwood, anthony quinn, earnest hemingway, TR and last but certainly not least my dad. my father is the ultimate masculine figure in my life even at my ripe old age of 43, i wish i were half the man he is. maybe the problem is that metrosexuals and the women who love them never had a strong masculine father figure in their life so they don't have a good gage for what it takes to be a man. look at what the OP said earlier about dee snider wearing an off the shoulder sweater.... he considers this a good look for a man?

so you think that the blurring of masculine and feminine is good and you consider this progress huh. that this somehow makes you open minded, i'm willing to bet that as you get older and more experienced you'll end up frustrated and wondering where "all the real men are". just look at the profiles of woman on hear who are in their 30s and 40s who have that recurring theme in their profiles.

@ wbrh: believe me if i asked you to give me an opinion on my rear i wouldn't be wearing any pants.
 Calpurnaya
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/12/2006 2:21:37 PM
I've been attracted to men wearing makeup, yes, they are usually musicians. One of them had a major cosmetic sponsor and I thought it would be cute if we could shop for makeup together. He once asked me if I had any eyeliner because he felt naked without it. ADORABLE!!!!

As long as the guy is confident in himself, I would have no problem with it.

But he'd have to look hot in makeup - like Eddie Izzard, who I would date as well, cross-dresser and all!!!
 Magickman
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 3:34:03 PM
When I go out, I like to wear blue nail polish. Some of the gals think it is hot. It is part of the peacocking regimen, that catches women's attention. Gals often offer gratuitous compliments, and seek conversational exchange.

Despite some of the negative comments here on the forum, I find the polished nails to be a good icebreaker with women, and they do not complain about it.

There is no valid reason why fellows cannot have fun with grooming and makeup. Why should all guys have to dress and groom to a narrow and boring, look-alike standard?
 roxygemini
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/12/2006 3:40:16 PM
I can honestly say that a guy who can wear a little eyeliner can be very hot. Not in a cross dressing sort of way, but in a damn I know I am sexy and have wicked eyes so I am going to flaunt them stylishly way. Not too many boys can pull it off, but I have seen a few that were really hot and made me giddy in the pants!
 sayonara7
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/12/2006 3:41:02 PM
qbnpete....I totally agree with you.I do not want feminine men.Oh and honestly I don't see any reason why anyone would.But it's their choice so I respect it.But would there be any difference between him and I then?I am attracted to the opposite sex, not interested in women or men who act like women.
 qbnpete
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:52:06 PM
sayonara: you are absolutely right.... i love women ( for example) because they're the opposite of me. soft and smooth in all the right places and they're nice and feminine.
 randomlancila
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:07:20 PM
I'd be a little scared of a man who wore makeup than me on a daily basis. But I think men in eyeliner are incredibly sexy, so if every once in a while he threw some on, that would be hot. Any more than that, though, I don't think I could handle.
 ~AlbertazAngel~
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:00:09 PM
does he belong 2 the band "Kiss" by chance???..
 Joy.
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:06:24 PM

Last year I repeirced my ear and bought a nice three inch, three chain earing with 6 stars at a Girly store.

The OP almost had me convinced a little eyeliner might not be so bad but a 3", 3 chain earring with 6 stars? Good Lord...

More power to you if you want to be the same person you were at age 23 but most of us do change as we get older, obviously some of us a bit more graciously than others.
 SugarSexy
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:06:29 PM
I don't discriminate, if your a beautiful happy person then whatever, I'm a makeup artist, my man wearing makeup could work out so well haha.

Peace.. -Jen!
 Blastkist
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:15:45 PM
Hehe...It's funny to see the ones freaking out about this.

I don't have feelings about it one way or the other. We're a pretty conservative bunch here in the big Suds so this isn't something I've seen much of yet except for the goths and that's dying out here or at least I think it is.

I suppose there isn't anything wrong with it if it's done tastefully. I realize civilization and culture will have many changes and I try to go with the flow of it.

I think men are attractive without makeup. It certainly would be different to see them with it but I'm not sure it would turn me off. It might take me aback for a bit but it's really no biggy I guess.

I guess the "metrosexual" male is becoming a new breed and we'll all have to make some adjustments.

I don't think makeup makes a man feminine. Heck, one of my exes was as masculine as they come, meat and potatoes man with the grunts and I actually found he had many effeminate behaviours. Go figure.

Makeup doesn't say who you are. It shows off what you have.
 Halfevl333
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:46:21 PM
Ever been to a Goth Club??? Or a Gay Club???

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?