Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blastkist
Msg: 76
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
No, I can't say as I have. Were you asking me that?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:01:45 PM
Half ~ I'm going to make my way to Vegas and you and I will go and see if we can round up some metro-sexuals for me and a couple of hotties for you. Goth, gay ~ OK, we'll check them all out!!
 Halfevl333
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:22:29 PM
blastkist No, just asking the OP or anyone else who is in the negative about men in makeup...

Hey Green, sounds cool to me. Lots of Meto's here... Most of the clubs are full of the 30's and under types. Goth's..not so much... Most waaaaay younger than me. Hey there is a cool Gay Club called Hamburger Mary's here... Kareoke night is cool... some great singers..unfortunately getting picked up there is probably not what either of us are looking for... At least me...not into guys... Straight women and Bi's yeah...guys of any persuasion, not so much... ROFLMAO...

BRIANiac
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/12/2006 10:18:51 PM
Why would a woman date a gay man?

I can't seriously believe there are any straight men out there who wear makeup...Eddie Izzard aside. And mimes.
 CynicalGirl
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/12/2006 10:37:44 PM
FYI
Straight men do wear eyeliner. I actually dated a guy who did use black eyeliner.Of course he was in a band.Ozzy had his eyeliner tattooed and he isn't gay.
Depends on who wears it and why.
Who cares if they are gay or not.
 BRIANiac
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/12/2006 10:57:17 PM
Well, I always figured rock stars fall under the category of entertainer. Sure, Kiss and Motley Crue wore makeup...but that was onstage or for the cameras.

And really, I wasn't even thinking about stage makeup type stuff in the OP...he was specifically stating men who put makeup on like women do...with the blush, eyeshadow, rouge, etc...to make them look prettier, not to make them look gothic or punk or anything like that... That's why I mentioned Eddie Izzard and mimes as exceptions to the rule.
 CynicalGirl
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:02:26 PM
BRIANiac,
Okie! Wasn't really directing my post at you though,just in general.

blindheart1
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:33:51 PM
I have even dated Two-Faced men, therefore, my chances being doubled..... yet still have not met a man that wears makeup that I have been attracted to....
 dietpepsidrinker
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:46:52 PM
I seem to wear my girlfriends lipstick on my penis after every BJ and she continues to date me!
 johnny moped
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/13/2006 12:18:02 AM
Guys wearin make-up. I dunno..Seems to work for Dave Navarro, I mean Carmen Elektra married the guy!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 1:41:16 AM
Well, I'm sorry but if a guy is wearing foundation, blush, rouge, or red lipstick, I'd run the other way FAST!!!!

On the other hand, if he is into the goth thing and wears black eyeliner and/or black lipstick = very sexy!!
 Ms Ali
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/13/2006 1:43:11 AM
Would I date a man who wore makeup? Yes I would. I follow no conventional path. Personaly as a woman I rarely wear make up - is there something wrong with that? NO. So why should it be a problem if a man wears make up. I say take a step outside of the brackets people and dont be so closed minded.....you could be missing the man of your dreams.
 dilemma
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/13/2006 1:52:28 AM
Actually I had a bf for around one yr ago and he always putted some eyeliner on be4 hitting the stage(musician) and I didnt mind that. But to go out with a guy wearing makeup like a woman, no dont think I would. Maybe if he put the make up like some men I know, natural makeup, not really that u can see that they wear makeup, then it would come into a different situation:)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:02:14 AM
I was just reading about this subject. There is an entire line of high-end cosmetics for men out now. It is NOT like the make-up most women wear. I have known several men that indulged in mascara and even eye-liner. I must investigate. I'm thinking that whole metro-sexual thing is a nice fit for me. Hmmmmm....

Half: I'll start planning!! Haven't been to Vegas in a couple of years. It's sounds like time for a roadtrip. OH the trouble I could find for you!! Woo hoo!!!

Rabid: Keep me posted on the fall trip ~
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:06:45 AM
See Green you could have met me there this past week...and I would have wore the make up for you no questions!!! Vegas rocks...trip 3 this year may be in the fall I think..
 snowsoup
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:46:54 AM
Unless u r in the entertainment field....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I dated a news caster once and he had a little on after the show. Self tanners are ok forthat bronze look, but that other stuff...makes me think he has bi- tendencies. Sorry nothing against bi or gay, hey I live in LA--just not my thang.

The other thing that gets my goat are men with feminin type waxed brows...I know they wantto look neat but leave some hair there please or sexuality questions pop up in my brain...........
 Halfevl333
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 9:51:20 AM
verygreeneyez on 5/13/2006 5:02:14 AM
I was just reading about this subject. There is an entire line of high-end cosmetics for men out now. It is NOT like the make-up most women wear. I have known several men that indulged in mascara and even eye-liner. I must investigate. I'm thinking that whole metro-sexual thing is a nice fit for me. Hmmmmm....

Half: I'll start planning!! Haven't been to Vegas in a couple of years. It's sounds like time for a roadtrip. OH the trouble I could find for you!! Woo hoo!!! ...

Oh oh.. Did I get myself in trouble here?? Ah what the heck...I like to live dangerously and somehow Green you sound like you could be very dangerous..but in a good kind of way ROFLMAO...

Hey, do a google search for "Green Door Las Vegas"... they have a dungeon... Just thought of it when you mentioned being tied to a chair in one of your earlier posts... I go to a place right across the parking lot all the time... I have thought about taking one of their tours they have... LOL

Yeah I have also seen those make-up ads for guys... Seems like men are getting as "vain" as the women once again... Back in centuries past, men used to wear make-up....

Joy.
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:04:57 AM
Ok...let's see....makeup, a 3", 3 chain earring with stars dangling from it and red fairy boots.

I can honestly say that I have dated artists AND musicians and even this is a bit far-fetched. Metrosexual? Hardly. Bizarre? Definitely!

I'd like to think I am as open-minded as the next person but when a man wears makeup such as was suggested earlier (a bit of foundation, rouge, mascara and/or eyeliner) I automatically think of cheesy newscasters. I have absolutely nothing against the goth types....yes, some of them actually are quite sexy....but that is not what the OP intended in his original post.

This thread and the OP have definitely evolved into something 'different'....makeup, earrings, fairy boots. What's next....a pink tu-tu?? A ruffled blouse? Perhaps he also is so fastidious that he wears maxi pads to catch any drippage that might occur. Sheesh!!!
 kikilynn
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:33:52 AM

You know the new Metrosexual Male.

Um, meterosexual does not imply "wears make up"!
Please! There's a huge difference between being seen in public with a guy wearing a pink shirt and a guy wearing eyeliner.
I'm a no on the make up wearing.
I'm a huge YES on the metero men.
 snowsoup
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:43:47 AM
If summarizing all the comments in this forum was my college report project I would say that it was concluded that the folks only find it acceptable for men to wear make up IF__

They are:

Entertainers
Goth
open minded 20 or 30 year olds.

I like my men clean shaven and clean faced....lol
 jr52052
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 11:08:31 PM
I did - but he was an actor and he would remove it for when it wasn't needed for work - no clowns tho - I am ascared of clowns.
 zadsghost
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/14/2006 1:20:41 AM
I went through my goth days when I was in my teens. Eyeliner, black nail polish and even wore black lipstick on occation. Who really cares?
 annaa
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/14/2006 3:19:12 AM
Well nightrun, how muchj makeup do you use?
 lonely femme
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/14/2006 4:48:58 AM
I barely wear makeup so If I was dating a guy who wore...definatly out the door for him
 Super_Gurl
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/14/2006 5:49:32 AM
I find that extremely rude that of what some people said!

MATURITY level here??? Oh c'mon, if a guy wears make up, does NOT mean their gay, or mean that thei a crossdresser! Guys are aloud to be just as fancy as us girls! I mean if a guy's face was covered in makeup, thats an ouch! But if he sticks to some cover-up, blush, mascara, and some lipgloss, I don't care I'd still date him, why not? He is still a person, he's still a guy, I don't care, he's probably metrosexual (he straight but he likes to be fancy), who cares?

Seriosuly, some people on this site are retarded!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?