Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davis_57
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
What line.... the only line that we're blurring is this imaginary line that we ourselves made in the first place.

And I sure as hell hope that when i do get older, that I continue to grow, and stay openminded. Yes there are lots of 30 and 40 year old women here, looking for a real man... I'm not looking for a real man.... I'm looking for a guy who is right for me.... i'm not asking for the manliest one in the bunch... in fact.... that would be a turn off.

And not every man who shaves his legs/arms is becoming more feminine. You forget there are athletes in this world who do it for shaving nanoseconds off of their time.

And gage... is spelt gauge... just so you know. And my father is a man. More "manly" (whatever that means) than most... doesn't believe in gay people, doesn't believe in transgendered individuals, he's pretty much afraid of the unknown. So I have had a very strong masculine figure in my life thank you very much and it pretty much makes me sick at the fact that he's so close minded about things like this.

Who the f*ck cares what a man looks like.... seriously... if you're going to fall in love... it had better be for his personality, jeeze. Why do people weigh so much on how attractive a person is or isn't? The more open minded you are, the more people you will meet... the more people you meet, the better than chances of finding someone compatible.

So who cares if a guy wears makeup or not... everyone has their own thing, some guys spend time on their hair... most don't find this feminine anymore, but if you're defining "spending time on makeup" as feminine, then surely "spending time on their hair" must also fit into this category.

So I really do hope I stay this way.... makes it a lot easier to meet people... i mean when you don't discriminate against people, that makes the world go around a lot easier. If everyone had this disposition, then we'd most likely live in utopia. Nice thought, never going to happen.

Ps. Stereotypes are horrible... if you call a man who wears makeup a goth... then I feel sorry for you. If only you'd take the time to get to know the person. Their personality should matter.. not what they look like
 davis_57
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/14/2006 10:37:36 PM
Also, before I get dogged about it...

My definition of my father being a "manly" man is not my own. This too would be a stereotype. I believe that all of those qualities make my father close minded and ignorant. And for those who don't understand "ignorant", it means someone who doesn't know or chooses to ignore what's going on.

so that isn't my definition of manly... so don't come back and tell me I stereotyped
 welsh_n_willing
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/15/2006 2:45:29 AM
David Bowie Marc Bolan damn sure i would after them
 qbnpete
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/15/2006 5:13:23 PM
davis: who on this thread said they "didn't believe" in gay or transgendered people? i have had some very good friends that are gay, so what, what does that have to do with anything. as a matter of fact i'm more accepting of a gay man or transgendered man in makeup, when it comes to straight men i don't get it.

i believe the OPs original question was to get peoples opinion about men in makeup, a little eyeliner that sort of thing, and thats what he's getting differing opinions. i haven't seen anyone attack him for his choosing to wear or not wear makeup thats his choice and he'll do what he wants. it won't affect me in the least, as a matter of fact he looks / sounds like a decent guy.

yep i and most people ( i would guess) would define putting on makeup as feminine, just like a guy shaving his legs, chest, and arms. i know there there are athletes who do this to improve their nanosecond times. just like the macho actor who puts on makeup or the rockstar who wears it on stage. but the discussion isn't about those guys its about the regular joe blow walking down the street.

i have news for you but we all discriminate. we disrciminate with where we live, where we work, who we choose to get involved with sexually and who we choose to call friends.
 DeepC
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/15/2006 7:58:13 PM
males and females have worn makeup centuries ago. shrug. i'm not a big fan of it on either gender. Elvis wore eye makeup. There are male makeup brands or at least a bunch of makeup for men under one brand name. I dunno :P There was a double page article in a anti-animal cruelty products magazine, of all places. There was some advice for putting powder over stubble, which seemed a bit odd, and to not put too much mascara or eyebrow stuff on or it'll look too unnatural. I thought woah you can definately tell. I think they don't use lipstick or blush. Probably more concern over it in North America than elsewhere like Tom Hanks hair.
 CynicalGirl
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/15/2006 8:19:33 PM
Whoever made the statement that "Guys who wear makeup should be beat to death" was way harsh. How ignorant of that person.

I don't even consider eyeliner real makeup anyway. It's more or less a pencil.

I like people who like breaking the mold,going against the grain..you know all those nutty sayings.

^^^And who cares about Tom Hanks hair!!! That has got to be the most absurd conversation on tv as of now.^^^
 qbnpete
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:19:42 AM
dont want to get off topic...but what about tom hanks hair?
 teeny1983
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:27:03 AM
no way, makeup is a girls thing
 ryguysmom
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/16/2006 12:26:09 PM
Ok... now I do have to agree with Cynicalgirl...... funny how guys are so put off by other guys wearing makeup.... I think it's great.... so long as they don't wear more then I do... I have dated a guy who wore eyeliner... and that's all... he was hot... and it doesn't bother me...but it is an individual expression... and also to the guy who said to beat them..... no one ever said that you had to wear it.....and you likely listen to band's or artists who wear it all the time!!! and yes some do......so I say if a guy wants to wear it then rock on with your bad self
 horselady48
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2006 12:44:42 PM
Absolutely not!
 LaReina63
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/16/2006 12:50:08 PM
I saw the neatest t-shirt the other day:

I AM INTO GUYS WHO WEAR EYE-LINER..

Some guys do look kinda sexy with those kind of eyes...
 Fry Lock
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2006 1:04:22 PM
no...but I would take him out in the woods & shoot him repeatedly with my paintball gun (I can use different colors, if you want colors) emo, goth, punk whatever you want to call it, if he's over 30 (which he'd have to be for me to date him) and he wears makeup, he needs his ass kicked cause you KNOW he's trying to scam on those little punky teenage girls; and Yes, I can call them punky, cause I have a couple....
 safarigal
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:25:35 PM
2 things I really don't like on men: long hair and make-up.
 i_are_nad
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:29:03 PM
Why stop at makeup? If a guy can be just as fancy as woman... Just hand over that man card, get yourself a poodle and nice "hand bag"
 DeepC
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/16/2006 5:50:45 PM
Tom Hanks hair in The Da Vinci Code movie, is like the leader of japan's hair. The actor told the leader, he wanted hair like that for the movie. The people who made the movie were worried his hair might stop people going to see the film, when many North American's didn't like Hanks hair. The rest of the world don't seem to care about Tom hanks hair, or Metrosexuals and male makeup. I think it could be a cultural thing. Something to do with the image of idealistic America in the 1950's.
 annaa
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/16/2006 7:41:43 PM
I think that is absolutely ridiculous.Who in their right mind would date a guy that wore makeup?Just my opinion anyway.
 prankmonkey
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2006 12:14:19 AM
ooo.k...where to begin...I don't know what you're talking about when you have the part saying "emo, goth, punk whatever you want to call it, if he's over 30 (which he'd have to be...", like why does the emo, goth punk part even come into what your saying. I'm a metalhead, you'd think I'm a goth because you don't know or care (god labels suck) and I won't be caught dead wearing makeup, it isn't for me or any of my friends. As for some 30 year old wearing eyeliner, ya maybe he is tryin to get some little girls, maybe he's just desperate to find a woman and tries to accent his more desirable features (that is the whole point of makeup...isn't it? :S). Maybe he is just "fancy" like others have said. Also considering that you consider that your daughters are "punky", maybe they're just emo and hate you but you just don't know it because you've closed off your mind to the thoughts of others to be trapped with your illusions of society set forth by your parents. CONTEMPERIZEee...Man!
 prankmonkey
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2006 12:16:50 AM
lol wtf? i thought this was some kinda reply dealy...maybe I should use these forums a little more often...but neways, I'm talkin to you fry lock (an btw, did you get your name from aqua teen hunger force, that show is so special, i love it lol)
 hotnyoung
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/28/2006 12:23:47 AM
guys who wear makeup wish they weren't guys... if they want to wear makeup so bad juet bend em over right there and strap it on ladies. guys who wear make up should be dragged into the woods and shot
 hotnyoung
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/28/2006 12:25:56 AM
i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself
 redfru
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2006 2:47:43 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmm no!
 Fireand Ice
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/2/2006 4:30:14 PM
Like boy george? or like Keith richards...Or Little richard?... see where Im going with this...

I dont see any of them attracting da ladies!
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/2/2006 4:36:57 PM
If he is doing it solely because he thinks he looks better, (and not because he is an actor or clown, hahaha) then, my answer is NO !!!! NO !!! NO!!!
 mostlykitten
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/2/2006 4:52:33 PM
if he was a rock star
 SexyScorpion
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/2/2006 5:08:58 PM
UMM ... NO!!! That was easy.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?