Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Should men color the gray      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 horselady48
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Should men color the grayPage 5 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Men should do whatever they wish to do with their own hair

Salt & Pepper is sexy to me as well as is bald [most of the time]
 cdn_guy
Msg: 102
Should men color the gray
Posted: 7/25/2006 12:32:35 PM
I think your lady friend must have had some awfully good feelings about herself cdn - and how great for her .... I don't feel in the least sexy when my grey is showing - just old!

It's funny that you would mention that Scotchlassie, as she had many questions and doubts about it when she mentioned that she was going to let her grey grow in. I'll admit, I did talk to her and assure her how lovely she looked whether she be brunette, silver or plaid. And you know, once it was grown in and she became more sure of herself and how she looked, she became even lovelier on the inside. There's something about age, and maturity and a little grey that drives some men nuts. And it's not the same type of thing that young woman have. These are the types of things that transcend to another plane, entirely. I feel so fortunate to have known her. She taught me a lot.

cdn guy
 moraima
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 12:48:00 PM
I think that if a man is asking himself that question, he needs to do what is right for himself. If he tries dying it and doesn't like the bother of the proceedure, he doesn't have to do it again.

I couldn't care less whether he dyes his hair or not.

I will surely be struck down for my next comment

I evily chuckle about the fact that I don't have a grey hair on my head. My past my waist hair is a thing I love to have. Decided several years ago, way before it became a style (did I start it ), that I wanted my multi shades of brunette hair to be high-lighted with lots of red and blonde.

Off I went to my hairdresser. Told her that I had always admired tri coloured dog breeds, and I wanted the look for myself. (My poor patient hairdresser humours me every 6 or 8 weeks. Pains takingly matching the new growth to the already tri coloured locks.) I have even had Latin hairdresser's admire my hair colours. Ah, no ego in this lady

I figure for my sin of enjoying the fact that I have got this old without grey hair, I will wake up one morning totally white. With my sense of humour, I am sure I would laugh cause I know I would deserve it.
 KentuckyWoman13
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:07:24 PM

There's something about age, and maturity and a little grey that drives some men nuts. And it's not the same type of thing that young woman have.

What a wordsmith you are, cdn! I enjoy your posts!
 Kel-Gal
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:10:23 PM
I realize you posted this message some time ago but wanted to repsond anyway. Depends if they do a bad at home dye job or get it done by a professional in a salon, especially if you've never coloured your hair before. Hey this reminds me it's time to see my stylist to cover the grey.
 KentuckyWoman13
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:08:24 PM

It's grey and I'm proud of it....er, what's left of it, I mean

Awh, Scott! It was sweet of you to color your hair gray for me!
 pmynx
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/25/2006 10:49:49 PM
My preference is that they don't. If they really want to and feel that it would improve their appearance then it should be done professionally the same way most of us females do. I find most men are not willing to spend over 150.00 per month on their hair though. Don't do the Grecian formula thing!
 iwantyou
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:21:41 PM
lmao..........tried grcian...after a few days couldn't figure out what that sewer smell was that was following me.....man that stuff stinks.....grey it will be...
 geoweb
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:28:52 PM

It's grey and I'm proud of it....er, what's left of it, I mean

Awh, Scott! It was sweet of you to color your hair gray for me!

Some people will stop at nothing when selecting the right bait.....
 Lady56
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 12:08:24 AM
I firmly believe that everyone has to do whats right for them,If it makes you feel better about yourself then do it.
As for me, I love men with salt and pepper hair ,or grey hair.I think it makes you look distinquished,its a real turn on for me . I don't like it however if a man wears a toupee,but understand some guys seem to feel better about themselves ,if they wear one ,but although I respect their decision,I sometimes wish they knew bald is beautiful.
Have a great day all
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 12:10:35 AM
Well my new sweetie colors his beard and mustache and presently he is leaving it alone for me because I think he is sexy as hell with the grey. But he's sexy to me anyway no matter what color his hair is. Oh NO.. wait.. he would NOT make a good blonde!!!
 superone47
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/18/2006 7:54:19 AM
Coloring hair, wonderbra, tummy flattening pantyhose-all done to make others think you are more attractive than you really are. Don't be so vain. it's only hair.
 sarah_blev
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/18/2006 8:06:27 AM
I like the gray. When it's well kept it's a sign of dignity and experience. Plus it's more truthful than coloring :)
 ladyc4
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 8:43:10 AM
I think it should be left up to the guy, if he wants to kind of blend the gray, or if he feels that ageism could be a factor in his workplace, he certainly has my blessing! As long as it is well done and he doesn't make radical color changes,or wind up with a haircolor that is CLEARLY not found in nature.
It often happens that men's facial hair will gray or even be somewhat a different color( my Dad had dark blond hair and the one time in his life he tried growing a beard it came in RED!),
if head hair and face hair seem to be on different pages as far as color/graying and the guy wants to use something to balnce that out, it's fine with me,as long as it doesn't stink or rub off LOL!( or run, if he gets caught in the rain!)
If he is comfortable with the gray, then that's all good, too!
Cindy O
 BASSXP
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/18/2006 3:02:07 PM
I have silver streaks in my hair and in the sun light they sparkle,kind of like it.
But my facial hair is white,and im not crazy about it.I was thinking on just doing
my goat the same as the hair on my head dark brown.My older brother is bald and my younger brothers are gray and balding.Thank GOD i take after my mother.
 Whataboutme2
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 4:23:07 PM
Its salt and peper for me....the only way to go...cause its me. Some of my friends dye their hair and it really just does look right. So I will take what God gave me and just have fun with it.
 txpmp57
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:35:49 PM

It's grey and I'm proud of it....er, what's left of it, I mean.

As an emerging member of the greying panthers, I hear you. Feel fortunate mine is not going anywhere, just changing teams.

It's very gender based, IMO. Women with a bad dye job are somehow eccentric, men are just sad.

Someone help me remember the movie where the sweating man had dye running down his face.
 txpmp57
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:00:23 PM
Opinions on the tuft of grey on men or women? Despite often being from a physical or emotional trauma, I find it attractive.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:09:05 PM
i change my mind.. he can color it purple for all I care right now.. men.. pffft
 oceantwo
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 7:28:55 PM
Doesn't really matter to me; I stopped coloring mine a loonng time ago. Went gray early (35). But as long as it looks nice - then who cares???? Don't want the "shoe polish" though!!! lololol
 zippylarue
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:05:29 PM
I think grey hair on a man is so sexy! My vote, don't color it. Stay the way you are.
 mysassyself
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:14:06 PM
I often feel lucky to be a woman and have all the options to "reinvent" myself at will. I don't color my hair to cover the gray; I do it to have fun! It changes all the time...and often includes funky streaks of wild color. It's sort of like playing dress-up. A man could do the same, although society seems to judge men more harshly for things like that, if it matters to them.
 Born~Sly
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:59:17 PM

Posted By: Loveswood on 5/15/2006 124 PM
Subject: Should men color the gray
Message: I was wondering what women think about older men using hair coloring products to hide the gray hair.

I guess one should do what they feel is best for them and makes them happy.

Myself, ...... NO WAY would I EVER use chemical poisons on any part of my body.
Never have, never will. Mother Earth has wonderful stuff out there for us. What she has given us are what I use for my beauty and health products.

Sly
 windsurfdad
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 10:51:47 AM

Myself, ...... NO WAY would I EVER use chemical poisons on any part of my body.

I like that in a woman. As it happens, I also find gray hair on a woman to be very attractive. I prefer a woman who is confident enough in herself not to need to cover the gray.
 Born~Sly
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 11:06:00 AM

I like that in a woman. As it happens, I also find gray hair on a woman to be very attractive. I prefer a woman who is confident enough in herself not to need to cover the gray.

Thank you, but I still don't have much gray (and I soooooooooo deserve it) and think my auburn hair would look excellent with streaks of gray thur it.

But every time I see some ( I swear I do see some) and get excited and try to show others my new found treasures, they say I am imagining.

I knew a young women in Texas who had the most awesome streak of gray right at her widows peak. She was already a very sexy women but that sure added to her looks.

Sly
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Should men color the gray