Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4aces64
Msg: 26
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hey MrSullen,

would you honestly expect a Dodgers fan to bring up good points about the Gnats??

oh and by the way, i think the last time the Gnats won the series was back in 54 against the Tribe. i think the Blue Crew has won several since then! but hey, who's counting right?

and besides, in typical Gnats fashion you were the one who tried to denigrate Gibson's HR as not being worthy of the Thomson HR! so i was hardly the one to fire the first salvo here my friend.

yes it is great to be a Dodgers fan and i know how painful it must be to a Barroid fan!

enjoy your stay in the cellar this year too!

and yeah i am just messing with you. good luck this season and get ready to watch the Dodgers back in the playoffs again!
 FordPerfect
Msg: 27
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??
Posted: 6/2/2006 3:29:41 PM
Seattle Mariners because I grew up going to their games in the summer and because of the '95 refuse to lose season. But I grew up a White Sox fan, before my Dad moved to Seattle, so I'm stuck between both teams.
 techguy
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:59:38 AM
The other thing with the Blue Jays is they need to get back to calling the stadium the "SkyDome" again. Calling it the "Rogers centre" is stupid and boring.

There's also too much advertising in the ballpark. It gets distracting. Speaking of distractions, I see they finally put a wall behind home plate so you can't see the beverage fetcher girls walking around in the background. They were HOT looking. At least that was a welcome distraction.

Opps I'm off topic...
 designingwoman
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:15:02 PM
Boston Red Sox.....forevah!!!!
 Rizladude
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/13/2006 9:59:44 AM
Detroit Tigers been a fan since I was a wee lad. I'm glad they are back on top after all these years.
 Rizladude
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:01:53 PM
I'm a Detroit Tigers fan, I grew up in South western Ontario and the choices were you were either were a Blue Jays fan or a Tigers fan. I made my choice based on Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell, Lou Whittaker, Jack Morris, Chet Lemon, Micky Tettleton, Cecil Fielder, Lance Parish, and of course Sparky Anderson. I miss the Tigers of the 80s.Through out 90s and early 2000 I was constantly made fun of. This year I love how the Tigers are finally comming around, and baseball is damn fun again! Not as fun as it was when I was a kid, but it's really good so far. Let's go Tigers for 2006!
 realpedro
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:50:21 AM
do not ask me why but my favourite club is Yankees,do not know why because i have never watched a match,however,it is a very well known club and if i lived in USA i would support it
 djn2night
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:55:03 AM
Baltimore Orioles, was born a fan, always will be.
 phillyboy30
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 5:10:02 AM
The Phillies and I have no idea why!!
 00Spy
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/6/2006 6:46:29 AM
The Detroit Tigers.

Kaline, Cash, Horton, Freehan, McLain, Lolich...
...................................................Trammel, Gibson, Herndon,Whitaker, Parish, Morris

Rodriguez, Guillen, Polanco, Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, Inge

WEEEEERRRREEEE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
 Chiefs_76
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/6/2006 12:43:07 PM
well 12 days ago...it was the Jays lol

i still believe....for some reason
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/6/2006 1:43:39 PM
do not ask me why but my favourite club is Yankees,do not know why because i have never watched a match,however,it is a very well known club and if i lived in USA i would support it

Thats an interesting statment. Over hear the Yankeess are very notorious and either loved or hated. It is interesting to have someone over seas say that I think it just sounds cool if that makes any sense. I mean I can understand why you would say that and I respect that.

You know I was just in Spain two weeks ago, and I must say your nation is beautiful and I loved in every way. EVERY night I went out in Madrid and after the night was night I always said

"Muchas gracias por la velada. Ha sido estupenda!!" Every night was great!!.

I think after your statment that I may start liking the Yankees too, don't ask me why too lol, it happens sometimes lol. But I know alot of people there in Spain seem to like or atleast respect them. I felt a close bond to the Spaniards there in Mardid and in Toledo when I went there about an hour or so south of Madrid.

00Spy
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/6/2006 2:02:34 PM

and besides, in typical Gnats fashion you were the one who tried to denigrate Gibson's HR as not being worthy of the Thomson HR! so i was hardly the one to fire the first salvo here my friend.

Gibby's HR was good but Thompsons was better.
and Gibby will always be a Tiger.
 beer030
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/30/2006 2:54:51 AM
I went too a Chicago public school.
 itsme75
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:43:59 AM
Well in the american league, it was the Jays and Yankees really, the jays cause they are the only canadian team left, plus been following them ever since my first MLB experience at old exhibition stadium in toronto, the Jays won that day 3-2 against the yankees.

In the national league, it was the Expos for sentimental reasons, now its the Rockies cause of the good players they have had come and gone.
 happyrebel
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 7:38:14 PM
RedSox...of course.....Why? You mean besides Big Pappy, Youkalis, Lowell, Dice-Kay, Beckett, Veritech, Lester, Padroia, and my absolute favorite ...Ellsbury?

I feel that a lot of the team gives 110% and just really love to play ball. Now that Manny has gone (see ya chump!)...moral is so much better!

HR

Of course I revived this thread...Its almost playoff time!
 techgirl27
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:07:16 PM
Two words:

RED SOX .

Red Sox Til I Die! I love the Bosox and everything about Boston. I grew up in New England. For me it was and always has been Sox Sox Sox. When I say I left my heart at Fenway Park, I'm serious. Sometimes I really wonder.

My passion for them has always been the same, before and after 2004. Nowhere and no one in the world will ever take them away from me! BTW I do have a life outside of my baseball, lol, I just am seriously dedicated to my team.
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:18:08 PM
Wow this thread was woken up from the dead. By two very pretty Boston fans no less.

Being a New Yorker most of my life I would say anything New York Sports would do.
 happyrebel
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:26:52 PM
Oh come on now Just alittle Crazy...do you honestly think nice compliments will make us forget you're a Yankee's fan? .....j/k....Thanks for the nice words though. Funny how the Sox fans were followed by a NY fan...now all we need is the LA fans...yeah, they're good..I'll give them that.

HR
 techgirl27
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:28:59 PM
for me, Boston sports wont "just do", they are the only ones that matter!!
 happyrebel
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:34:23 PM
bassgirl....it must suck being so far away and not getting all of the telecasts. RedSox Nations sells a membership for seeing non - televised shows over your computer when you're out of the region or they are away from home. I think you can purchase it from MLB too.

Yep...NE sports are the only ones for me. But if a man I'm interested in is a NY fan, it could be a win-win situation. We'd celebrate all of the runs with kisses and would be able to have hot celebratory sex no matter who won....but it may not be the same if he wasn't a NE fan.

HR
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:38:27 PM
Actually I am not a Yankee fan. Met fan since 67 when I lived two miles from Shea stadium. I used to live near Yankee stadium too ..... just blocks away. I was like 5 years old at the time.

But it was nice to beat Boston in the world series back in 86
And while I am on a roll here
My Giants beating the Patriots was almost like dieing and going to heaven
 techgirl27
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:53:55 PM
HR: True enough..... reality doesnt always bite
 tequilla_mckgbird
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:41:07 AM
I grew up in the St. Louis area and loved going to Cardinal games, still do. I think what I love about the Cardinals is that St. Louis isn't a major market like New York, Los Angeles or Chicago and yet they've always had a rich history of memorable players and winning seasons. The media seems to pay more attention to the Boston/New York rivalry, but here in the midwest, it's all about the Cubs and Cardinals rivalry.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/15/2008 9:07:47 AM
In 1986, I was actually a Mets fan!!! LOL I loved watching Lenny Dyskstra slide into second with mouthful of chew. Kevin Elster was amazing at third, but it was annoying to hear about the squabbles between Mookie Wilson and Darryl Strawberry. John Gibbons, who went on to manage the Jays, was also on that team and I did not like him then because he could not hit and I disliked him even more when he was heading up the Jays.

I remember quite well the World Series between the them and the Red Sox and watched the ball roll between Buckner's feet at first, an error that forced game seven.

Here's a quote of what Buckner said to ESPN more than two weeks BEFORE that horrible error.

The worst nightmare is letting the winning run score on a ground ball going through your legs.

The following year, the Mets started trading my fave players and I was not happy with the direction they were going. At the time, we were getting a Boston channel on cable...the games came on right after the Andy Griffith reruns, so I had been watching a few of their games already. The more I watched, the more I liked. I saw a team with a lot of character and determination and a dedicated fan base that could not be found anywhere else.

So, to make a long story short, it was in 1987 that the Sox won me over and I have been a dedicated fan ever since!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??