Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 51
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??Page 4 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

So, to make a long story short, it was in 1987 that the Sox won me over and I have been a dedicated fan ever since!!

That is such a sad story

I was at the seventh game it was awesome!
 tequilla_mckgbird
Msg: 52
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??
Posted: 8/15/2008 11:34:28 AM
Growing up I was a Red Sox fan for a long time. It was the 80's and I didn't know any better, but they had some great players....Wade Boggs, Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Ellis Burks. Once those guys started to get traded away or retired, I moved on to the Cardinals. We had moved to the St. Louis area so it just made sense. Plus, who didn't love Ozzie?
 argento1134
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/15/2008 12:59:07 PM
Chicago White Sox.

I grew on the South Side of Chicago and as a kid, I liked both teams. However, I have more special memories of old Comiskey Park. I got to take batting practice with a friend in grade school on the same field that "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, Babe Ruth, Luis Aparicio, Harold Baines and other legends played on. I remember how insane it was in 1983, even though I was only 7 at the time.

When I came back to the game in the early 2000's, the White Sox won me over. I like seeing this team being led by players who spent most of their careers here. When the Sox won it in 2005, you couldn't help but think of those who missed the chance to see it happen or those that have waited until they were in their 70's and 80's to finally see it happen. It was a thing of absolute beauty.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:37:19 PM
I am a diehard Toronto Blue Jays fan. I have been my whole life. Probably because I live in the same province and country where they play,and I live about three hours away.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:44:24 PM
There are two teams I love,

Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays....I know, it should be one or the other, but I have mix feelings for both of these teams.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:50:40 PM
Wiz, I am worried about you! Do we need to play 'Torn Between Two Lovers' or 'Mixed Emotions' for you??If The Hair of the Dog makes you happy when the Sox closer walks to the mound, you will know where your passions lie.

If you get the warm, fuzzies when you hear Dirty Water, or at very least Sweet Caroline, we will know where your passions lie. If we have to hand you a crying towel at the end of the game, I'll play Sad Eyes and give you a hug!! That is, if the Sox win!!

wizardofossington
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:35:53 PM
I know, I know....Sox are going to win.
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:48:52 PM
You can count on me too in your time of confusion pal
 chodie
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 3:19:43 AM
Angels. The stadium is a 15 minute drive and we've made the trades to take it all the way this year. Not to mention we're 30 over .500. Hello Fall Classic.
 Dan Siego
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:18:47 PM
San Diego Padres the Monster of the West Coast.
 comic book
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:27:10 AM
any team but the dodgers and angels. shoots, i'll take a t-ball team over the dodgers and have my teeth pulled than see the dodgers.
 itechman63
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:01:41 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals.

Mostly it's a family tradition and my mom and dad were introduced because they were Cardinals fans. Then my earliest memories were of taking family car rides on summer evenings with the games on the AM radio. Then as I got older I recall hiding under the covers with my transistor radio after bed time when they played the West Coast teams.

And as was said... when they mention the truly greats of the game in history that includes maybe a half dozen names, when you watch the Cardinals you are seeing the once a generation player that will eventually join that short list that includes the likes of Babe Ruth and Ted Williams in Albert Pujols.
 yeswho
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2009 9:20:03 PM
The Philadelphia Phillies are my favorites.Went to my first game in 65 at Connie Mack Stadium.They played the Miwaulkie Braves.Like JAC. and Wiz I'm a homer and root foe Philadelphia teams.We root for our hometown teams.Never understood how someone can root for another team from another city when there is hometown teams in your area.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/2/2009 9:26:14 PM
The Rockies because I have been born and raised in Colorado my whole life...

and the ownership SUCKS!!!....
 comic book
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/3/2009 10:43:12 AM
i hate any so. cal team. everyone should rock, 'beat LA,' and 'Beat OC' shirts like a trend.
 GrandeCash
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:12:58 PM
My favourite baseball team was the Expos (now the Nationals).

Other teams i always liked: The Mets, The Phillies, The Twins, Cubs (you gotta love them cubbies!) and the Red Sox.
Teams i loved to hate: the Yankees, the Jays, the Braves

I lost a lot of interest in baseball since the Expos moved, but i wasn't only an Expos fan. I was a real die hard baseball fan, following the games of other teams i liked to watch. I never missed a championship or world series. But since the Expos folded, i practically lost interest and the only year i actually watched baseball was when the Red Sox finally won after almost 100 years or something.

I guess, things i really like about a team is their running game and how they manufacture a run, instead of always relying on a home run. I like the creativity and the strategies of the game and i find it more exciting than a steroid monster hitting home runs. The Expos always played that way. That is the reason why they were so good most of the times, despite having the lowest roster salary in the majors. They never won a championship even if they came close many times. They had the second best records of the major in the 1990's, but they finished 1st only once: in 1994.
 GrandeCash
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:25:20 PM
Personnally though, i would rather play it than watch it.

watching it is kinda boring...
 00Spy
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:34:58 AM
Go Tigers!

The Expos had some great drafts but they could not hold onto their players because they couldn't draw flies.
I doubt the Expos had the 2nd best record of the 90's.
Both the Yankees and the Braves won more games than Montreal.

Braves 925
Yankees 851
Expos 776
 chadcuba
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:48:07 PM
Tampa Bay Rays are my fav team but in the Nat League i have to root for the Atlanta Braves since i work at the Braves' stadium and if they make the playoffs i work more/make more money lol. Would love to see a Rays/Braves world series!!!!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:23:06 PM
^^^^ Woo hoo Rays!!!

I also used to follow the Braves before there were teams in Florida as well as the Cubs since they were about the only games on TV when we got cable in the 80’s. The Braves aren't on TBS anymore, but at least WGN still has the Cubbies!
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:40:42 PM
Mets, Why I don't know they haven't done much for me lately besides ***Choke***
 marshfieldmale
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:47:06 PM
Detroit Tigers...been a fan since the early 70s.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/18/2009 4:51:06 AM
The Twins... because i'm a masochist...

(seriously, started watching when I was a really little girl when they were amazing, survived the drought years, the bitter sweet years, the world series years, the couldn't beat minor league team years, and now am in the "half our payroll is in three players and we have lost our pitching/defense edge now that Terry Ryan is gone years"...

but they still have heart, drive, chemistry and are an incredibly decent bunch of guys, a couple of them are beyond flat out amazing (Mauer and Morneau are truly gifted) and Gardenhire is one of the most underrated consistently good with nothing managers out there...
 marshfieldmale
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/18/2009 7:22:00 AM

Gardenhire is one of the most underrated consistently good with nothing managers out there...

Even though I'm not a Twins fan, I'd have to agree with you here. I can't think of a classier manager in major league baseball....and year after year, he has his team in the pennant race. Minnesota struck gold twice in a row with Tom Kelly and Ron Gardenhire.
 rexie xo
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:24:08 PM
favorite team hands down the mets.. grew up in a household of die hard met fans & ive learn to become one too. .. lol baseball is the only sport i understand lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??