Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 optimismnlaughter
Msg: 101
Dating a guy with no car...Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Blah blah blah x 2, with ... no favorites.. or emoticons... in my profile either. am I bothering just you, I anyone else.??? Don't worry you have chased the last of me out here..so you will you be happy TurgidBoil.. I am not sure why you had to state your negative tones and I was only stating a point to Rabid.. he would have seen it sooner or later.

You really do need to get laid buddy, why are you so rude..LOL....as it was has been brought up earlier, maybe find a date in here instead of running your mouth off at the keys...can't you take a hint??
ok, lighten up I am out of your way... so you can make fun of the dyslexic...seriously...!ol. sooo there You can do something with that and make maybe X2 the fun of it or whatever....have a good night...lol.

I think you guys should have a thread to go to just beef in on Friday & Saturday nites..when you don't anyone to come pick you up....cause you don't have a car LOL that's JMO
 daylillies
Msg: 102
Dating a guy with no car...
Posted: 5/21/2006 12:19:58 AM
thanx Optism(hugs)....but were wasting our time hun. does it really matter if we have a car or not...i mean really...i can think of better things to really worry bout. very petty to behave this way. you dont have a car...thats great...thats ur choice....not gonna sit here an waste my time or justify as to why i do....... hope you find ur answers..

rapid..i dont have a problem with anyone not having a car hun...i was merely suggesting...i dont like being taken for granted an to be expected ...cause i have a car....and thats my choice....thats all. i truly respect the fact you made a great effort rapid....it shows class on your part.(hugs)
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:07:31 AM
ya even though a guy shows class and makes an effort..he is tossed away to the wolves because oh my god..he does not own a car. It is like the other women I have met or talked to that say "You rent? You loser own a condo or a house then we can talk"
Ya well for myself I am a single guy, no need for me to be buying a house or a condo at this point. But again car, house/condo and then the inevitable "tyoe of job/income" is the 3rd judgement. Unreal how those 3 things seem to make the man either a loser or worthwhile...but in ever woman's ad never does it state either of those 3 things, always "I want to meet someone who is down to earth, treats a woman right.
I guess car, house/condo and job/income is what that means?
LOL
Hey I live in the east end of Toronto I would take the bloody subway in a snowstorm or the coldest day of the year to see a woman if she lived in the west end..big deal...Oh ya I forgot, women seem to think men do not make an effort. So many replies state how women are sick of being a taxi, having to drive to the guy's place etc. Well guys like me exist..just never given a fair chance.
 christini
Msg: 104
Dating a guy with no car...my two cents!!
Posted: 5/21/2006 6:19:47 AM
For me, there seems to be a whole new breed of men who live in their moms basements, dont work fulltime or go to school and dont have a car. If you dont have a car for ecological or logistical purposes, then who cares! If you dont have a car because it cuts into your video game funds, then it becomes a turn off. It is the men who mooch for drives, or want to drive *my* car, want me to drive their friends home etc... who are the ones who give carless men a bad name.
 Peachy1977
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/21/2006 7:16:48 AM
Wait, why are those of us who go to school getting lumped in with those who don't work, and live in their parents' basement? I work two jobs so I can afford to go to school, and have my own place. I did have a choice...live at home, or ride the bus. I chose the bus. According to a lot of people on here that was apparently the wrong choice.
 christini
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/21/2006 8:39:29 AM

Wait, why are those of us who go to school getting lumped in with those who don't work, and live in their parents' basement?

If you are referring to my comment, I was saying guys who dont work and DONT go to school. If you are in school then by all means live at home, school isnt cheap!
 Ezzee
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:49:34 AM

Wait, why are those of us who go to school getting lumped in with those who don't work, and live in their parents' basement?

If you are referring to my comment, I was saying guys who dont work and DONT go to school. If you are in school then by all means live at home, school isnt cheap!

Thank god. I only live in my parents basement when I'm not at school. Then again, can I really call it my parents basement when they had both passed onto the other side in December? Oh well. I guess I like my parents basement, but I'm sure if the state or the creditors have anything to say about it, I won't be able to live her long. Thankfully my friends and I have an apartment for next year at school where I won't be living in the basement..
 Ahhh!
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/21/2006 11:05:03 AM
^^^what does this reply have to do with this thread??? I thought the topic was dating guys without cars, not who's living in who's basement...
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/21/2006 11:13:02 AM
Ahhh you and all the other ladies are welcome to live in my basement....
You better drive a car though, or else no go!!!
 Ahhh!
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/21/2006 11:20:57 AM
^^^I'll start packing my bags...
 Ezzee
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 12:25:50 PM

^^^what does this reply have to do with this thread??? I thought the topic was dating guys without cars, not who's living in who's basement...

Well, unless I was randomly dreaming again and quoting people who aren't actually real, I was just trying to interject into what was being said. I'm pretty sure that those whom I was quoting actually exist too. Of course, I do have a pretty creative imagination and may be making things up again. Sorry I pissed you off for randomly interjecting. Wouldn't be the first time I pissed someone off Ahhh! In fact, I'm getting quite good at it. I've had 28 years of practice. And trust me on this one. I am multi-talented: I can talk and piss you off at the same time.
 Ahhh!
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:19:53 PM
^^^ezzee: If you are going to reply to my comments, please refrain from making incorrect assumptions about them. I did not say you pissed me off, nor did I imply u were replying to people who do not exist (how would that even be possible???) "I'm pretty sure that those whom I was quoting actually exist too."
sheesh!! *shrugs* going back to pack my bags....
 Vuetie
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/21/2006 2:37:47 PM
Definatly need a car to get a quality woman , it is not a shallow thing but , I wouldn't want my man to depend on me to pick him up or drive him everywhere we go. You can't just get up and drive over to her , surprise her by dropping by. Take her out for supper , take her to the park , taker her anywhere.
Just doesn't seem manly. Suck it up and pay up for the car if you have the money . If you don't have the money then you will attract the right woman without a car lol. Get the woman then get rid of the car , would be my advice. Personally when I meet a guy without a car I think Loser , not motivated, boring, or an alcoholic who lost his drivers license lol But that is just me ....good luck
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:10:13 PM
^^I better start drinking..thanks for the heads up, going to start a new life, alcoholic, off to the liquor store.
And I wondered am i a loser? And now this woman here just proved to me I am, thanks hon that is best compliment I could ever have. What a loser has no car, must be an alcoholic, suck it up and buy a car.
So guy buys car, pays for insurance, pays for gas, pays for date, pays the price as she leaves him for a guy who has a better car. True? Yep....
 Stonestongue
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:12:27 PM
^^^^^vuetie, you my dear have no idea what quality is. It's unmanly not to own a car? Not motivated to pollute the planet even more by driving in an over populated exhaust pit, maybe. Perhaps you were a spoiled little girl who gets off by thinking you are better than someone else.....You're not better than anyone there, princess!! By the way, when I hear a woman putting someone down for any reason, I think Ugly, not nice, conceited, or a spoiled rich brat used to having her Daddy buy her everything lol But that is just me.....good luck
 WhitePanther06
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:47:00 PM
My, oh my....have women these days become so naive? Do they really think that men are supposed to just be able to answer every beckon and call and "pop on over" to see you whenever you think it's convenient? Not all men will hop in their car at 2 a.m. after "a call went well and you wanted them"

It all boils down to this:

If you really want to see a person...if you really desire their presence...if you long to see them, hear their voice, and feel their warm breath on your skin....their soft lips against yours...neither of you will give a shit about a goddamn CAR.

A car is a convenience. I know...hmmm....let's see....8 people who make over 500k a year who don't own cars. And with the cost of insurance and the price of gasoline on the steady rise....a car isn't really a great investment until long after you are stable and have a decent income.

Not dating a guy because of lack of a convenience is the very definition of SHALLOW.

That's all a car is. The car was designed back in the early 20th century as a way of making things EASIER for people because in the industrial revolution, cities got bigger, people moved out to the countryside, and they had to travel to work in the big city.

Cars are designed to make things EASIER, not as a way to judge a guy on his capacity to participate in a relationship.

Have you watched car commercials??? All they are about are the modern, technological conveniences which auto makers are pouring into their vehicles to produce mass appeal to the younger, technoligically savvy generations. They KNOW that this generation, and the generations to follow, want more and more CONVENIENCES. We all want an EASY button, like the Staples commercials.

2,000 pounds of aluminum, plastic, fiberglass, upholstry, and electronics is not and should NOT be used as a judgment of a man's ability to facilitate or participate in a relationship.

- John

And to all the women who "need men with cars"..... have a hug. Or do I need a car for that, too?

;-)
 Big Red Flag
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:50:02 PM
Cars are for people who can't ride motorcycles.
 Vuetie
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:52:21 PM
Well thanks for the words there about me being spoiled and well you would think I am a princess by looking at me thanks for the compliment , but I would keep your comments un personal as you don't know anything about me , I was talking in general not of anyone specific as this is a forum....But I have worked for everything I have including my nice Truck and my house and raised two grade A advanced kids on my own, thank you very much . And the fact That I took care of and bought a men cars because more than once is why I am saying my opinion,, not because I was spoiled but because I have had to pick up and pay for losers who don't want to work to get the things they want. So forgive me if I want a man who can afford to live my lifestyle without me having to do it for him.
 WhitePanther06
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:54:53 PM
hahahaha if you want a man who can "afford your lifestyle" then stick to those types of men who CAN...and don't complain about the ones who can't live up to your expectations, dammit.

'nuff said.
 WhitePanther06
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 3:56:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH big red flag LMAO funny shit !!! My first vehicle for sure is going to be a bike...
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:01:23 PM
And the fact That I took care of and bought a men cars because more than once is why I am saying my opinion,, not because I was spoiled but because I have had to pick up and pay for losers who don't want to work to get the things they want.

Isn't that your fault though? No one made you buy those guys a car. No one made you pay their way. Just because a guy doesn't have all the material things you want him to have doesn't make him a freeloader. And just because you were taken advantage of like that doesn't mean it'll happen again.

Personally when I meet a guy without a car I think Loser , not motivated, boring, or an alcoholic who lost his drivers license lol But that is just me ....good luck

So someone who can't afford certain material things is a "loser"? What about a woman who can't afford a car? What does that make her? There's a girl I'm interested in who doesn't own a car. Should I forget her?
 Stonestongue
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:06:58 PM
Hmmmm....
Personally when I meet a guy without a car I think Loser , not motivated, boring, or an alcoholic who lost his drivers license lol But that is just me ....good luck[quote/]

So that comment was un personal? You just insulted half a million people and you want it to be unpersonal?? Are you on ludes? Anyways, no offence taken or really even meant, but don't expect me to sit here while you call me lazy, boring and not a man. Like really, give your head a shake!! It's not our(carless guys) faults that you were treated like a doormat!!

Vuetie
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:14:09 PM
Well this topic is getting a little exausted for no reason and well poor people call it shallow , people with good incomes call it Standards, you will see it when and if you ever get there. people who actually make good money got there with hard work and value what they have for a reason . But you are all contradicting yourselves on this topic and lashing out at poor inocent me just to justify your manhood that is lacking , that is so sad. The guy wanted to know if it will limit his dating choices and realistically weather you like it or not it will no matter what the pychological factors behind it are we can't change them, it is the way it is, deal with it. Weather a girl has money or not , goes back to the old days of man hunting , providing and taking care of a woman. A car has become a symbol of manhood face it. its generalization not fact here.

So lets move along to things that actually matter
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:19:46 PM
On my own, I have everything I need for myself and my children - if I can have a nice home, car, career why on earth should I settle for someone that has absolutely nothing.

Because, ummm, I dunno, he could be a wonderful guy, a great lover, a good listener, sensitive, good looking, etc.

You got everything you wanted on your own? Good for you(golf claps). Not everyone can do that. Not everyone has the same opportunities in life. Not everyone can "make it". In fact, a lot of people out there are just thankful that they have a warm place to sleep and have a job.

A guy has doesn't have a car, lives in an apt. or whatever is a bad person right? People who have all of those things are good right?

What have they been doing with their life, obviously not making right choices?

A lot of times people are in the financial shape they're in because of things beyond their control. Not necessarily because they made "bad choices". You sound like a republican. People lose their jobs, make bad investments, ose their property through disasters, get sick or injured.

No matter how well on prepares, you never know when the rug can be pulled out from under you. And that includes you.

Situations happen sometimes but a real man gets up and builds again

What about a woman?

Some of you women sound like you want someone to take care of you. Susan B. Anthony is rolling in her grave right now. And you act as if it's just so easy to get ahead, get rich, etc.

A lot of the time, it's difficult to get to where you once were.

I hope you never have the rug pulled out from under you.

Well this topic is getting a little exausted for no reason and well poor people call it shallow , people with good incomes call it Standards,

Classism rears its ugly head. What do you do for a living? I notice that you're dodgy about that. And you're divorced. Hmmmm.... I wonder what poor schlup you're going to take to the cleaners.

you will see it when and if you ever get there. people who actually make good money got there with hard work and value what they have for a reason

Not always true. A lot of poor people work very hard just to tread water. Many rich people get to where they are through inheritances, through being born in the right families, luck, screwing over working people, etc.

. But you are all contradicting yourselves on this topic and lashing out at poor inocent me just to justify your manhood that is lacking , that is so sad. The guy wanted to know if it will limit his dating choices and realistically weather you like it or not it will no matter what the pychological factors behind it are we can't change them, it is the way it is, deal with it. Weather a girl has money or not , goes back to the old days of man hunting , providing and taking care of a woman. A car has become a symbol of manhood face it. its generalization not fact here.

You sure aren't a feminist are ya?

Manhood=material wealth

Hmmmm....

What does femininity equate to?

Being subservient?

Being barefoot and pregnant?

Not having to pay a dime for one's own things?

Being under a guy's thumb?

If you guys are so "independent" then why care about what a guy has?
 Ezzee
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:25:55 PM

Personally when I meet a guy without a car I think Loser , not motivated, boring, or an alcoholic who lost his drivers license lol But that is just me ....good luck

I think by making this assumption you are discriminating against 10% of the population who are disabled and can not drive because of it. If that's what not having a car insinuates is being boring, not motivated, or an alcoholic, then I've broken the mold on every single one of these assumptions cause I am motivated, definitely not boring, and last time I checked, not an alcoholic.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...