Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WhitePanther06
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Dating a guy with no car...Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
A car is as much a symbol of manhood as much as my right nut being lower than my left nut makes me genetically inferior

WTF is wrong with women?

>>>> I <<<<< will tell you what's REALLY the case.

Standards are relative to each person's life experience, tastes, desires, wants, needs, etc.

Standards are developed from what someone is comfortable with. And just because you aren't comfortable and at ease with someone that is different or doesn't have a car doesn't mean they have lower standards. They have DIFFERENT standards. They grew up or are USED TO different situations, wants, needs, etc.
 iridecentelf
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Dating a guy with no car...
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:28:24 PM

well poor people call it shallow , people with good incomes call it Standards, you will see it when and if you ever get there. people who actually make good money got there with hard work and value what they have for a reason .

wow. that was a bit vicious but then I'm poor. I have a car and I work two jobs to maintain it (hence my poor life style). Currently if I didn't have a car I wouldn't be gainfully employed. (you see the boonies lack public transportation). However were I to live in a place within walking distance of my employer(s) I would not be keeping the waste of money a vehicle is and I would probably have and higher saved income . I would be very willing to walk or take the public transportation to spend time with my beau. Were he to have or not to have a vehicle either I would hope that he would also be willing to take the effort to visit me as well.
 iridecentelf
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:31:43 PM
Hey guys, please don't judge all women by things you've recently read.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:37:06 PM
White panther-I don't think all women are like vuetie. She may just be a troll.

Too many men and women just want to use each other. Some women want a guy just for what he can buy or do for them. Some men just want arm candy and a trophy. People like that make it bad for everyone else.

I can totally understand not wanting to get involved with someone who's an alcoholic or is a bum or whatever. But some posters here are being highly judgemental. Not everyone who doesn't own a car is a drunken fool.

Cars are expensive. Not everyone can afford one and get by without one. They have no choice, and they work as hard as anyone else.

On the other hand, I've known people that have all of these nice things. They got good jobs because they knew the right people or because mom and dad could afford to send them to good schools. And these people don't always make good decisions. They cheat on their wives do drugs, don't pay their taxes, etc.

I just really resent this whole "rich=good, poor, modest=bad" thing. I'm a working person. I work very hard to keep afloat. I am a decent person and a responsible citizen. I'm also I think, interesting, funny, smart, and creative. That's a helluva lot more than I can say of people I've known with nice cars and big homes.

Besides a lot of guys that are well-off are pretty damn cheap. That's why some of them are wealthy. They're misers. The owner of the company I work for doesn't own a car because he thinks it's too expensive.

Another thing, just because a guy has lots of nice things doesn't mean he's rich. A lot of people like that are in debt up to their eyeballs and spend even more than they make just to "keep up with the Joneses".
 optimismnlaughter
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:37:17 PM
Hey Rabid, I've got mine packed ...still tryin to get hold of daylillie.. to come along!!! You are out of the mix here, and that was the point I was trying to get too, and I got soo ticked off,.. didn't mean to, though.
this thread had gotten entirely out hand when I left the other time...trying to keep it light you know...I would help out anyone who is trying to better themselves, regardless. (hugs)

WhitePanther06
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:40:21 PM
I'm gonna say one more thing....

This is a generalization....

Desires are broken down into wants and needs.

Wants are superficial.

If you judge someone by something you want or prefer...it's shallow...no matter how you look at it.

- John

Wolfie65
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:40:59 PM
I made the mistake once to show up for a (blind) date on my mountain bike.
The girl turned out to be a cutie, too, which is VERY rare for blind dates, lemme tell ya.....
Regardless of the fact that my bike probably cost about as much as her car, she wasn't thrilled.....

The really big difference between Europe and North America is that over there, a car is more or less a luxury toy status symbol (yes, even a Lada....), here, it's a daily necessity in most places.
Most places in Europe have a public transport net unimaginable to Americans and Canadians who've never been there, mainly because there's about 3 times the people crammed into about half the space.......
Some places are worse than others, today's Germany is probably roughly the size of Texas plus New Mexico, and there's close to 100 million people there.
TX and NM put together have only about 15 million........
 Ahhh!
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:50:13 PM
iwarrior:
If you guys are so "independent" then why care about what a guy has?

yeah...if she's so bloody independent, why does she need a guy PERIOD???...and, shouldn't she be on a dating site that makes men PAY to talk to her...just so she knows she will be able to meet a guy who has money????
I once met a guy who felt the need to tell me he also drove a ferrari and I was a waste of his time...funny, his ferrari didnt' get him too far, since he was still trying to meet women thru a dating site!...hey, Princess I could introduce him to you...I think u would be perfect for one another! "Shallow birds of a feather..you know"
 Ahhh!
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:53:33 PM
@iridecentelf: i hope that these guys are paying attn and aren't thinking we are all like little miss Priss who needs a Man to feel complete...some women can accomplish things and feel good about themselves without having to rely on men to do that for them, nor do we need to put down people who aren't as fortunate as some to have all these materialistic things that don't mean shit anyways!!! So, GUYS....let's get our bus passes and meet at the station!
 yeah_right
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:56:56 PM
nah! Tell 'em you now have more disposable income to spend on 'em.....and what you said in your forum...makes lots of sense to me!

sheesh some of these replies are soooooooooo winded....if you really dig someone...who cares? People have DIFFERENT reasons for not having cars. A car is a hole you pour money into.

Oh yeah...I do have a car though coz I hate the bus.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:29:09 PM

Oh yeah...I do have a car though coz I hate the bus.

Same here. Public transportation is a pain in the butt.

Me and vuetie talked via private message. She's just had some bad experiences with certain types of guys and was just articulating what she thinks a lot of women feel.
 Stonestongue
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:34:52 PM
Oh well, that makes it all better then!!! You know? That was Archie Bunkers excuse for being a racist. FYI
 Ahhh!
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:42:59 PM

Me and vuetie talked via private message. She's just had some bad experiences with certain types of guys and was just articulating what she thinks a lot of women feel

well...that's fine for her to feel that way, but for her to think that is what "alot of women feel" is just being presumptious.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:51:01 PM
^^^^

True. But I just wanted to mention that. She's not all bad. She's just been burned and is wary. I think that some of the women who are very concerned about things like that are women who have dated freeloaders and were taken for a ride. I guess they figure that if a guy is as doing as well as they are, he won't quit his job, move in with them, spend their money, and generally mooch off of them. And there are guys like that out there. I've known them.

I was just mad because it seemed like she was making out guys who aren't financially successful as bums.
 icehockey_101
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:55:41 PM
WOLFIE: I am going to europe next year! CAN'T WAIT to find women who don't have so many expectations....

And I thought women here were after me for ME...HAHAHAH>.. not its gotta be the TRUCK!

Dont you all just love the opposite sex?

OH and I just met a girl on here who said one of her requirements is for a man to have transportation. I told her I have a horse and a donkey I'll bring along so she can sit on it backwards and go YEEHAW! LOL.

She still wanted to get to know me, but I don't call her anymore. Would be nice to find a woman who wants nothing, so I can give her everything.

I cant wait to see how many women line up going "oh i dont want anything" -- 6 months later...a different story.

POF is a great way for people to show their true colors!
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:58:40 PM

Another thing, just because a guy has lots of nice things doesn't mean he's rich. A lot of people like that are in debt up to their eyeballs and spend even more than they make just to "keep up with the Joneses".

Oh you said it perfect. A few of my friends are this way. Gotta have a car but not a regular car, no, gotta have a $40 000 car, and buy a $200 000 condo, and why is it? To impress others, but what do they constantly do? **** and complain that they do not have any money and criticize some of us, like me, for taking trips to places 2-3 times a year. As i say, you choose to have things and there is a rpice to pay for that. have to sacrific things to get things. I get the "Must be nice to go to Vegas twice in 5 months" and I say "Hey you make more money than me and you can't do anything?"
Also friends who make about $30 000 a year and live like they make $50 000 a year and are in debt big time.
But man people think those who have things are the best. I can do more with my money than most who make twice as much as me. I just choose not to live a lavish lifestyle because I am not out to impress others. That does nothing for me. So if it means i won't get dates? So be it, i know I am not swimming in a sea of debt and so if by chance I lost my job, I would not be shafted like those who are in big debt.
I'll take my 3 trips to Vegas, take my weekend trips to Niagara Falls in the summer and enjoy my life and have fun. And if others think I am a loser for no car? Hey you don't know me so nice try.
 Ahhh!
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/21/2006 6:03:50 PM
^^^actually, she said they were "losers", 'lazy", and a few other things...but, why are u defending her? I'm sure she is a nice person, she just has to learn not to judge everyone based on a few guys who used her and treated her badly. If all us girls did that...well, let's just say that there'd be an awful lot less of girls out here for u to chose from.
 Ezzee
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/21/2006 6:10:47 PM

I'm sure she is a nice person, she just has to learn not to judge everyone based on a few guys who used her and treated her badly.

Unfortunately, this is how almost all stereotypes are formed. I feel sorry for her that she has had so many bad experiences with men. It realy sucks. But we aren't all that way. At least I don't think that I am.

If I were to believe that all women were the way that I have been treated by a few, I would think that all women were nymphomaniac sluts who only want to use you for your money and so they can get children so they can take the welfare system for a ride. They would all just randomly pick up and leave for no reason with no excuse, without telling anyone where they are going, not even there own family. And on top of that, they would also hide the children from the fathers of them, no matter how well the fathers treated them.

Of course, I know all women aren't like that, but that would be my stereotype of women if I judged just on a few experiences I had.
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 6:47:34 PM
Gee, you really have bad luck.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/22/2006 6:19:34 PM
but, why are u defending her?

Because she sent me a private message apologizing and explaining why she felt the way she did. She felt like people were beating up on her. I was mad at her too until she contacted me.

I'm sure she is a nice person, she just has to learn not to judge everyone based on a few guys who used her and treated her badly.

True.

Guys, believe me, I have gotten a lot of flak from people for the life I have. I live with my folks, do not have a degree, and don't drive a nice car. It irks the heck out of me also when people judge you because of that. I've had people tell me that I have no business dating anyone and that no woman worth a toss should want anything to do with me because I am not "successful". I got banned from two other message boards in part because I got into flame wars over it. You wouldn't believe what nasty things people have said to me because of my situation. It's made me mad enough that I'd probably throttle some of those people if I saw them in person. Yeah, it was that bad.

I get it offline too. I didn't have a car for a very long time, and I know what it's like to have people make fun of you because you have to take the bus or bum rides. It's extremely classist. Heck. I still carpool with a guy to and from work to save us both money on gas.

But I think we should leave vuetie alone. She's just frustrated and was venting. She didn't mean to make anyone mad. She contacted me and explained her situation in detail, which I won't talk about on the forum.
 puppyluv123
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/22/2006 6:52:48 PM
It's too bad when someone posts their feelings on a topic and then they become the topic of much bashing and hurtful comments.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

So for those of you with no cars, find someone who doesn't care about such things. For those of you with cars, call me!!
 Wolfie65
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/23/2006 4:00:20 AM
Icehockey - It's the truck......
And humor like 'I've got a donkey' gets you nowhere, been there....

It's not like European women have no expectations, you WILL be seen as more 'Alpha' if you have a car (even if it's a little teeny tiny box you have to drive with your knees on your chest, there aren't any parking spaces within 3 miles of where you want to go, the cost of getting a license, buying the car, insuring it and so on would make Californians and Hawaiians run screaming with pain to their Mommies, and you have to go to get approval from the Police -yes - to have slightly bigger or smaller tires mounted), BUT no one is going to think you have no d*** if you don't have one......
 Grotty
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/23/2006 4:18:09 AM
Well there seams to be some very shallow women in American ,and how is having a car manly how pathetic for such women to think such things,If all women were like this then I'm sure men would rather date each other or become monks
 Frustrated Ink
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/23/2006 7:19:06 AM
Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car. There, happy????
 Ezzee
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/23/2006 10:04:51 AM

Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car. There, happy????

Not really. But way to go. Congratulations on giving into the pressure of your peers and capitalism.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...