Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wild Heart
Msg: 151
Dating a guy with no car...Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car. There, happy????

lmao, can you drive me to the store?
 Ahhh!
Msg: 152
Dating a guy with no car...
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:07:14 PM

Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car.

Yay! So, the next thread u start is going to be how u've found the love of your life right???

And, after u drive WildHeart to the store, I need a ride too.
 Peachy1977
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:12:51 PM
Hey Tanqueray, can I borrow the keys this weekend?
 wiserd
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:26:21 PM
I think it will be awfully uncomfortable making out with someone on the back of your bike.
 Ezzee
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:45:43 PM
Since everyone else is borrowing the car, can I borrow it too? I need a paperweight.
 iridecentelf
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:04:16 PM

Not really. But way to go. Congratulations on giving into the pressure of your peers and capitalism.

If he wasn't already considering getting another car, do you really think he would have posted his query about it. I think he was looking for validation not to get one. Perhaps he felt it wasn't there and just followed his thoughts on it.
 chicaboom
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:15:51 PM
i had a car , then my son got his license
i don't know where it went
 Country Lady
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:19:59 PM
Perhaps I really am as "different" as everyone tells me

I am dating a guy with NO CAR. Even more strange - we live 2 hours apart (well an hour and 40 minutes at 3:30 a.m.)

And yes its awkward, and yes it takes planning for us to get together - but somehow we've managed to get every weekend together since this went from casual to serious. He is important enough to me for me to make the 2 hour drive each way twice every week.

If I was going to make my choice on whether a person had a car - I would have tossed away the one person in all those I have met who is my match on almost every other level. If he had chosen to limit the people he met to those he could access by public transit we would have been in the same boat.

Keep an open mind - a car should be the least of the criteria you are looking for when finding that one person.
 Ezzee
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:20:58 PM

If he wasn't already considering getting another car, do you really think he would have posted his query about it. I think he was looking for validation not to get one. Perhaps he felt it wasn't there and just followed his thoughts on it.

I actually don't think I saw any inkling of that in the initial post, although it would seem that the assumption could be made. I think he was looking for validation to get one, and got it, in enourmous amounts, although I still feel that there was quite a bit of assinine assumption made about people who don't have cars.
 iti
Msg: 160
Posted: 5/23/2006 9:38:54 PM
Should convenience be a factor in choosing your mate?

Well... to get to know a person you need to meet up and really if its too much effort to get to a meeting place.. then a car can solve the issue... No point spending all the effort to find that the person is not really someone you dig... Puts pressure on the other person as well... So either one shd have a car..

Relationship is another issue - having a car or not doesnt affect any relationship.
 iridecentelf
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 4:02:33 AM
Mine was an interpretation not an assumption. There was no assuming involved. We just read his post differently.
 Ahhh!
Msg: 162
Posted: 5/24/2006 4:45:32 AM
^^^^nicely put.
 Splinter
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 5:04:20 AM
Well I wouldn't date a guy who didn't have a car or a bike some kind of transportation but I live on PEI and if you want to go anywhere's you need a car. Not sure if it would matter if I lived in Toronto.
 SierraLeone~me
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/24/2006 5:09:25 AM
Imao-
My ruling on dating a guy with NO car. -
a gas card please - new tires - can we throw in a sunroof too- But, a good long LUBE job is the first requirement.....
Sierra
 Ezzee
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 8:47:46 AM

Mine was an interpretation not an assumption.

It would be amazing how often those two end up being the same thing. Much like madness and brilliance.
 shakdicaprio
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/24/2006 9:18:28 AM
its crazy...i guess it works for some but for me i have to have a car i got 2 trucks and 2 cars and soon to get a bike........why cause when i want to go i want to go and fast. take a bus you got to be kidding its 2006 if they had space ships i want one of them too thats what i work for to have...if i want to walk thats what i have my dog for and if i had a women without a car sooner or later i help her get car why cause im to lazy to pick her up she can just meet me some where its alot faster
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/24/2006 7:27:10 PM
Many people who live in smaller cities and towns in North America who rely on a vehicle do not know or understand what it is like to live in a metropolitan area alot of times.
Like Toronto, if you live downtown in a house for example, most houses do not have driveways and so you need a parking permit from the city to park on the street, and many times there is no room on your street to park. Also many condos being built downtown do not have parking or if they do, the monthly or yearly cost that you are charged for the parking space is unreal. So many people who do live downtown Toronto sell thier car and just use the subway system. And many people who moved outside Toronto to commute 2 hours or more to work depending on traffic, have chosen to move back into the city and move downtown it seems, due to the cost of gas for their commutes.
And that way they are closer to work. The transit systems in Ontario will be improved over the coming years and smaller cities that are growing will have much more reliable transit service because the infrastructure will be built with the growth of the city.
Nothing wrong with not having a car in the big city nowadays. And if that means no dates for me? So be it. I rather take the subway than drive for convenience purposes and environmental purposes. Toronto has a bad enough pollution problem as it is with the smog in July/August.
 gr8ballsofire
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 10:04:08 PM
you guy's all make great points, just remember that streotypes is what really runs this world. Like when her dad ask's what does he drive? or when her friends say what is he like? and it's a status issue, what does he drive? a BMW WOW! see gals only know that A BMW is luxurie, and what do gals like a guy that can provide a safe house and has cash. It's tradition, the Barbie doll effect you can call it. So do not blame the gals, blame Matel!

LOL

and for your info I drive a Trans am, and a pick up truck, not only one car but 2, and even gals will say I will not go in a truck, or gals say I would not go in a sports car, but you know what, they can walk, I'll drive.

PS: Don't drink and Drive!

Dan,
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 10:13:23 PM
You know......when the ex took off, she took the car. So, for quite a while I was happily without a car /// taxis /// car rentals when needed /// walking were just fine. She only left me with my airplane. I didn't find it difficult finding or having dates.
 Vuetie
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:00:55 PM
Ok you owe me a ride for this one after all the abuse I took on this subject for you lol
 Vuetie
Msg: 171
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:03:17 PM
agreed if you have a legitimate reason for not having one I can understand. But to defend myself just had too many free loaders come my way so that is all I am saying on this subject, he is buying a car and as he should lol
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:20:01 PM
Ok so i live in Toronto and Vuetie lives in Cambridge, an hour away...now I am wondering what she or others think of this. I would walk over to the Greyhound Station on a Saturday morning, is only a 5 minute walk from where I work, and jump on and take it out there to see her. All she has to do is meet me at the Cambridge Greyhound Station...is that a bad thing?
And I would take it home..no need for driving me to and from Toronto. I used to do this all the way to London which is another hour past Cambridge and NEVER once asked the woman i was seeing to drive me home and pick me up.
And driving around London i never hesitated to pay for gas, so i would do the same in Cambridge...is that pathetic? Or is that considerate and acceptable?
 laserjet29
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:59:11 AM
I didn't have a car for the longest time after my ex left me with a bike,but now I have 4 antique cars a 1932 3 window coupe,1914 model A,1953 corvette. anyone need a ride.
 eternalsunshinexxx
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:13:37 AM
OMG a guy without a car that makes you so undatable doesn't it? PULEASE if a woman is so shallow that she would not date someone without a car or doesn't have the right type then she is not worth the time of day, it is materialistic and superficial, get the fooking bus or train like the rest of us.
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:40:48 AM
And what if the guy with no car also has a $6.00 an hour job? Are we still supposed to want to date him?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...