Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TwoTall69
Msg: 201
Dating a guy with no car...Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
i,m 87 % disabled is why i won't have a car, i,m just lucky to do as i,am now thank you very much
 Knighthawk
Msg: 202
Dating a guy with no car...
Posted: 5/29/2006 7:44:34 AM
Sorry a noob to this posting thing, my above post was for vuetie.
 Frustrated Ink
Msg: 203
Posted: 5/29/2006 12:02:46 PM
Wow, maybe I'll stick to taxis and walking now that I see that not all women care if a man has a car or not.

Hmmm.....
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/29/2006 12:31:29 PM
^^I say good luck to those finding the women who do not care, my guess is 80% of women over 21 will base her judgement on if the guy has a car or not. Sad. But is reality. because we have grown up in a world of conveniences many want that in every aspect of their lives.
I do not own a car so be it, if that means I am not dating material then oh well, I am not a taxi for women and so if that is what they are looking for, then good luck ladies, you will find many suckers out there.
Finding a decent woman who will not judge you on possessions and status is hard today.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 205
Posted: 5/29/2006 2:05:09 PM

Many women want a guy with a car simply for status reasons

You haven't seen my car lol. I've driven in some interesting vehicules.....really didn't care what it was, it was nice for someone to drive me and now since I drive 2 hours a day for work, I really like it when someone else drives.....

Not everyone has the money to buy a status symbol.
 debra59
Msg: 206
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:20:41 PM
how about dating a girl with no car?:
 Ezzee
Msg: 207
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:30:07 PM

how about dating a girl with no car?:

Once again, a car to me is still just a material thing that has no effect on the person what so ever. Having a car or not having a car makes absolutely no difference to me.
 Stephy22
Msg: 208
Posted: 5/29/2006 9:15:32 PM
My opinion is this:
I met a great guy from this site... he lives about 10 mins south of me. This was fine. I then started getting caught up in school and stuff. I was busy all the time and I drive 45 mins each way to go to school. Not to mention my school is north so he lived in the opposite direction. Everything was fine until he expected me to come to see him. Ok this is a problem for me considering I am a college student and I am not spending $10,000 in tuition for a 33 week program to flunk out. So he offered to help me study at several different times. Finally I agreed and what a freaking disaster. This was his excuse for me to come to him and I didn't study b/c he was constantly touching me and wouldn't leave me alone. Before I started school I guess this didn't bother me as much but now I don't have time to be running everyone else around. I don't live in a city and I would be lost without my car. One thing I have with dating someone is the fact that they must have a license. You people can call me materialistic it doesn't matter. I have just had too many bad experiences. I have no problem handing my keys to someone else to drive. There are just times when you don't feel like driving. I am not going to be giving my car to someone either to get their butts around while I am at school or work either. Its just a thing I have and its the way I feel.
Considering you live in Toronto no you really do not need a car. When I go to Toronto I park my car and leave it there for the day then walk everywhere so no a car is not needed!
Hope this makes sense!

Cheers
Stephy
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/29/2006 9:20:45 PM
I think I may just set really high standards myself on what women need to have, oh wait that would be shallow..LOL..forgot women make standards that men are to abide by or else no dates!! car is a prerequisite for dating. Even if you lived in NYC where most do not drive. But prestige and looking good to others is what it is all about.
Women would never want their friends seeing them take the transit to a bar or a cab, my god that would be an insult. The guy better be driving and driving a nice car at that.
No wonder so many are not happy in love, they all date for the wrong reasons that seem right in the beginning. How you are a person means shit to so many people today, it is what you have that makes the other person look good is what matters. This is why so many people get used, because they believe they need all these material things to be accepted and so is why so many put themselves in debt. Image and status is a way of life, don't have either then no way you are getting accepted by the majority of people. Count me in the minority there.
 bikefanatic
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:14:34 AM
I'd love to meet a guy that would want to bike with me on a date in the dead of winter in Toronto....
 bikefanatic
Msg: 211
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:26:06 AM
Depends, are you looking to date women that are also urban/ live downtown? Not a problem! I suppose it could get kinda tricky if you are dating women that live in the 905-netherworlds of suburbia. Personally I would specifically NOT date someone that regularly drives a car to get around downtown Toronto - I think its socially and environmentally irresponsible. But definitely invest in a bicycle if you don't already have one, you much expand your range over walking and you can go on bicycle dates with hot cycling chicks :)
 calitoz
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/2/2006 7:07:52 PM
yeah..especially when having leathers on and stuck in traffic.
 weldorguy
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/17/2006 5:56:12 AM
I think thats what i keep hearing from the people that Don't or can't afford a car... I mean how hot is it when a guy and you go out and you get all dressed up to take the bus to the club and home again... oh ya did it once ( never again ) once you get a car there is NO going back in my opinion... and besides what better way to get to the cottage then in a car... what kind of career do you have if you live on your own and have to take the bus and as far as shallow??? naaa its just standard for the women to want a guy with a car thats why us guys have nice cars... to get women... us guys don't need a nice car most of us guys would be satisfied driving around in a shat box but you women like nice things and those things better smell nice too!!! IN short if your a women and you have no car don't expect that your going to get far unless for the most part you have some sorta hidden tallent (and even then)... lol and a guy with out a car??? hmmmm thats just plain wrong!

my $.02
J
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/17/2006 6:15:55 AM
So let's see now these are what makes a guy worthwhile and it describes his personality and how he will treat a woman

Needs a car
Needs a title in his job
Needs to have been married or have kids if he is over 30
Needs to drink alcohol
Needs to be really attractive so all the girls go WOW to you

And yet you hear women complain daily about how men do not treat them good and that they want to meet a decent guy...seems all of the above descibes a decent guy right? So none of the above no chance...well I have no car so no date? Your loss, I guess a guy needs to be a taxi for women then? I never have expected nor will I expect a woman to drive me everywhere sorry, but it seems it is expected that the guy do this. And if he has no car he is no good...what a joke today's standards are.
So it is plain wrong of me to won a car when I live and work in Toronto? Geez let's wait until July or even this weekend to see the beautiful smog that will hover over this city and most of Southern Ontario and yet a guy should contribute with a car because...well..it is more convenient than transit, cycling or walking.
Oh who pays for the insurance, gas and car payments? Just curious here.
 HGolightly
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/17/2006 6:53:37 AM
that's fine if you are dating a woman who lives within a 5 mile radius or you are prepared to pay for taxis all the time but think about it, why should the woman be the one to be always picking up your butt and paying for the gas all the time?
 musiclete
Msg: 216
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:00:05 AM
I am in the position of "no car" by a wierd stroke of fate. On the way to work at the gym a lady informed me my car was on fire. I thought it was a joke but lo and behold I was the victim of an electrical fire. Flames were flying under the hood . Luckily no one was hurt.
Having cycled and walked everywhere during the last month I can honestly say it is quite refreshing. I have lost 6 pounds and my blood pressure is 110 over 70. But I must admit it will most likely reduce my ability to date. I will get another car this fall, but for the summer I think one can do quite well without a car, healthwise.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:25:57 AM

that's fine if you are dating a woman who lives within a 5 mile radius or you are prepared to pay for taxis all the time but think about it, why should the woman be the one to be always picking up your butt and paying for the gas all the time?

I guess reading is optional? I said I NEVER expect a woman to pick me up. Hello...why would she have to pick me up? I once dated someone who lived in London, Ontario. I took the Greyhound to see her every Sat morning. She NEVER once came to Toronto to see me I always went to her place. She felt it was wrong that I did not have a car. I paid for the gas for driving to places when we would go here and there and I offered never was asked. I felt it being proper in my eyes. Yet she felt because I never had a car it was pointless. Yet I never made it a big deal ever about taking the Greyhound out to see her.
So why is a car what makes a guy? Is that what he is good for? I guess he could have everything going for him BUT no car he is not given a chance right? Nice to see ladies put the car up there with looks and income...sad too because those 3 things do not make a person. But then again this is 2006 and who cares if someone is decent and treats them good...all about being what is in it for the other person.
Sad times I tell ya.
My buddy just got dumped by his gf of 3 years because he got laid off from his job...she said she wants someone who has a steady secure job. I guess this is a sign of the times in dating...
 JustinGG
Msg: 218
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:19:01 AM
Women don't date guys, they date status symbols. Its a competition.
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:23:49 AM
Even if you pay for her gas, a woman doesn't want to be seen driving a man around. The man should be behind the wheel (in his own car). People see a woman pulling up to a restaurant with a man in the passenger seat and wonder what's wrong with him, i.e., is he a bum, license suspended, DUI?
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 220
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:26:06 AM
^^Pretty sad that it is all about what others think..seems too many live life based on other people's opinions and thoughts of them...I guess it matters what the guy or woman looks like to people to be worthwhile to date or nit? Who cares what everyone thinks, man that is sad. Kind of glad I am single and not going to make decisions based on what people I know or do not know think.
Live your life on your own basis not others.
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:28:16 AM
But people don't know if he's a great guy or not. They base it on their first impression - that the guy can't drive, has no money for a car, has been a drunk driver, etc.
 musicqueen
Msg: 222
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:09:17 AM
I personally love to drive so if being the one driving the guy is not a problem for me. I never once thought what people might think if I was in the driver's seat and he was the passenger. What a silly thing to say!

Cheers ;o)
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:36:30 AM
I DO think of these things and admittedly analyze quite a bit. I also take after my mother and her "what would people think" ways.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:49:54 AM
Wow so life is all about impressing others around you. So it matters what others think about you and not what you decide for yourself...why live your life on other people's terms?
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:05:48 AM
I wouldn't want people to think, "What's wrong with your boyfriend? Why are you hauling his ass around. He should be taking YOU out." That's just the way I feel.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a guy with no car...