Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User Account Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 26
Deleted usersPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
just cause someone doesnt like someone on here,they can file complaints against them and also incorporate there friends to do so,then the person gets deleted for being unliked?

There is no such Thing. All filed Complaints must have a Basis. A Ban or Deletion is never the Result of any collaborated Conspiracies, but actual irrefutable Forum/Site Violations.

Just the Facts, Ma'am ...
 hidden blessing
Msg: 27
Deleted users
Posted: 9/19/2007 10:01:10 PM
Before I start, your work is greatly appreciated and you are just wonderful, despite you deleted my 2nd account.

I think each case is different. I created duplicate account because my original profile/account does not allow me to place photos. The browse photo feature is not there, so no way to place photos.

So then my second profile was working pretty good, but then all suddenly disappeared, and created another account innocently, and then I am having avalanche of account deletion.

Do you mind if you allow me to create another account without deleting me so that I can place my photos.

I am beautiful, but I cannot prove without photos.

So can you make exception for me due the facts above.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 28
Deleted users
Posted: 9/19/2007 10:37:48 PM
I created duplicate account because my original profile/account does not allow me to place photos.

Perhaps your Pic Upload Privileges were revoked
because you uploaded non-compliant Images:

The System sees this as a Measure to Bypass ...

So then my second profile was working pretty good, but then all suddenly disappeared, and created another account innocently, and then I am having avalanche of account deletion.

The net Result of it all ...Profiles: Deleted Profiles
Profile Deleted. Why?
Profiles: Missing/Deleted

Do you mind if you allow me to create another account without deleting me so that I can place my photos.

E-Mail: Bigfish
 M4cky
Msg: 29
Deleted users
Posted: 9/28/2007 10:16:40 PM
hey bud , I'm pretty much new myself ! I belong to quite a few sites and I make friends everywhere i go .. I'm what I like to call a veteran chatter I have a friend who I met on here named User-X , she is from what I know of , a sweet girl that somehow lost her account or is somehow banned from using it ! I talk to her on here and I also talk with her on the phone . She is really upset that she can't log into her account and has tryed to email Plenty of fish , and has not yet gotten any response(s) as to why or how her account can't be accessed ! I'm not sure who to direct my inquiry to , so I found my way here thought I ask for your help ! It would be greatly appreciated if you could advise me on how to resolve this matter or possibly point me in the appropriate direction ...

thnx M4cky
 TheSecret
Msg: 30
Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 3:46:26 PM
This can't be true.

A friend of mine has had his profile up all during 2007...up to yesterday (or the day before...not sure, so Dec. 5th, 2007 at the latest) and his profile was deleted (by someone at POF, for a reason not yet given to him), and it says his profile has been off since Sept. 7, 2007.

Now, if someone was passing a rumor around about my friend, I'm sure the 'powers that be' at POF would have contacted him to get his side of the story. Otherwise, this is just someone at POF playing 'God' or there has been a mistake (despite his repeated efforts to reinstate his profile, and those under similar names).

I hope POF will contact him at the address provided and give this long-time Member (and supporter) of POF an explanation.

TS

TheSecret
Msg: 31
Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 3:55:06 PM
ATTN: :modhammer:

If someone (someoneS) reported 'Username removed' for whatever reason, I'd HOPE that POF would NOT go on the word(s) of, oh, I don't know...let's say a church-going, man-hating (2 failed marriages), liar (with MULTIPLE PROFILES ON POF) that cheated on him, and he's made EVERY EFFORT to get away from such a person! Even IF that dumped person got a couple of friends together to make such a bad report on the fellow.

I'll bet the almost 50 women that added him to their favorites would have a diff. (much nicer) story to tell of him. And last summer he had just under 150 women add him to their fav's.

So I HOPE POF isn't given to listening to rumors WITHOUT hearing BOTH sides of a story. Otherwise, my friend can NOT for the life of him understand why his profile was deleted, or his (handsome) pictures banned from being uploaded. If someone at POF is listening to a dumped person crying wolf....I HOPE POF is sharper than that! And as he was deleted JUST THIS WEEK (Dec. 5, 2007), he's curious as to why it states on here (when a search for his profile's name), it comes up that he's been off POF since Sept. 7, 2007.

I'm sure 'thatfreddieguy' is deserving of an explanation (IF it is believed that POF is being run in a professional manner).

Thank you for listening.

TheSecret
Msg: 32
Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 3:58:25 PM
Complaints are investigated, no one gets deleted or suspended because of trivialities, or because Bobby doesn't like Billy's new haircut.

Really? NO investigation (or explanation) was given to: 'User-X' And as he was deleted on Dec. 5-6, 2007, yet to search for his profile, POF indicates that he's been gone since Sept. 7, 2007. As he rec. NO explanation, we will all assume that the above statement is just propaganda, and that POF does listen to rumors WITHOUT hearing BOTH SIDES of a story, and DOES tamper with profiles at will.

Ticketoride
Msg: 33
Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 4:13:37 PM
NO explanation, we will all assume that the above statement is just propaganda, and that POF does listen to rumors WITHOUT hearing BOTH SIDES of a story, and DOES tamper with profiles at will.

You done with your Bullsh!t?

System or Admin Account Deletions for Spammers and those who do not comply with the Terms of Service/User Agreement are not given Explanations.

You are confusing 'Complaints & Investigations' with Account Deletions, 2 Items not even remotely synonymous.

You post a User Name here 1 more Time, you are going into the Hole for 28 ...
 yayawhatever
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 4:24:48 PM
Furthermore..

From the Terms of Service/User Agreement:

RIGHT TO USE

Your right to use the Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.

Considering the complaining party here created their profile at the same time the other was removed. Would it be safe to assume that this is a protest of their own removal by the system or Admin?

The above could not be more clearly written and it is easy to understand.

At one time in the past many profiles were removed en masse for non-compliant images and suspicion of dual profiles. Many of these users came back with new compliant profiles and took the time to read and understand the Terms of Service/User Agreement. Many have become valuable posters and strong advocates.

Knowledge is power!

ellebe
Msg: 35
Deleted users
Posted: 4/7/2008 3:59:16 PM
And then what? Are they gone for good? How come there is no warning, or notification? I just think it's unfair.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 36
Deleted users
Posted: 4/7/2008 4:34:59 PM
And then what? Are they gone for good? How come there is no warning, or notification?

Because Disputes are not entertained, hence Notifications unnecessary. Further, this is a free Site, and wasting Resources on those who do not abide by the Terms of Service/Forum Rules & Guidelines just ain't worth it.

Related Links:Profiles: Why not Indicate Reason for Deletion?
 FLFreddy
Msg: 37
Deleted users
Posted: 4/10/2008 1:22:49 PM
I am able to register a profile, but when I go back to check status, it does not show as valid. In some cases, I can input my email address to send my password, but I am still not able to login with my screen name. I am concerned, since I have been creating new screen names to avoid having duplicates, but I REALLY enjoy this service & I have been unable to work with it recently......I have followed all security settings, enabled cookies, listed POF as an exception, used different browsers & even tried different IP addresses to register............I do not think I have violated any TOS either...........

Can you please advise any suggestions?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 38
Deleted users
Posted: 4/10/2008 1:28:37 PM
I am able to register a profile, but when I go back to check status, it does not show as valid.

Related Links:

Browsers: Delete Cookies and Temporary Internet Files
Browsers: Internet Explorer Security Settings
Browsers: Internet Options
Browsers: Image Settings
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 39
Deleted users
Posted: 7/28/2008 12:33:22 AM

MSG#29:Ticketoride quoted:just cause someone doesnt like someone on here,they can file complaints against them and also incorporate there friends to do so,then the person gets deleted for being unliked?

MSG#29:Ticketoride Wrote:There is no such Thing. All filed Complaints must have a Basis. A Ban or Deletion is never the Result of any collaborated Conspiracies, but actual irrefutable Forum/Site Violations.

Just the Facts, Ma'am ...

If I wake up in the morning and my account is deleted then how would I find out why account was deleted?

Do accounts get deleted due to forum posts? Or do accounts only get deleted on the email side of the site?

Why doesn't the site send an email to the users personal email account (MSN/Yahoo/AKA personal email account used at time of creating the account) explaining reason(s) for account being deleted?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 40
Deleted users
Posted: 7/28/2008 2:58:10 AM
Why doesn't the site send an email to the users personal email account (MSN/Yahoo/AKA personal email account used at time of creating the account) explaining reason(s) for account being deleted?

Because you are going to e-mail back making a Case and there ain't anybody to read it.

Related Links:Profiles: Why not Indicate Reason for Deletion?

If I wake up in the morning and my account is deleted then how would I find out why account was deleted?

Related Links:Registration: Sign-up Problems/Account Deletions
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 41
Deleted users
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:02:08 AM

MSG#46:Ticketoride quoted:Why doesn't the site send an email to the users personal email account (MSN/Yahoo/AKA personal email account used at time of creating the account) explaining reason(s) for account being deleted?

MSG#46:Ticketoride wrote:Because you are going to e-mail back making a Case and there ain't anybody to read it.

So basically, are your saying you don't know why someone's account is deleted ?

So you don't know if someone's account might get deleted simply because 1 person complained? Do you know if anyone ever checks the complainers story out?

So if someone happens to have a different opinion in the forums and it happens to tick a couple members off and a couple members complain then it's possible someones account will get deleted due to difference in opinion?

So if someone emails with 100 people and gets along with all 100 of them for months. Then along comes member 101 and they clash and then member 101 complaining will get somones account deleted?
Or will someone actually check member 101's story out via possible check emails written back and forth (Both Members). Or is it possible that since member 101 is an attractive female then someones account deleted no questions asked?

I'm thinking I've read every rule this site has atleast 4 or 5 times. Some parts as many as a dozen times. So copy and paisting a link will be of no help. This requires and explanation to be of any help to me.

I think what the bottom line is, I've read this intire thread and even clicked on a few links I haven't read for a while moderators provided. I think what most of the people posting in here is wanting to know is "WHY ARE THEIR ACCOUNTS WRONGFULLY DELETED? " Nobody seems to find out. I'm certain a few of them deserved their accounts deleted. I'm sure that a few of them had someone complain and it got their accounts deleted. I'm sure acouple of the complainers should have been the one's that deserved to have "THEIR" accounts deleted.
I'm thinking that these complainers would learn how to use the "BLOCK" option instead of "WRONGFULLY" reporting people because they couldn't get the last word in. That would be a lot less hassle.
I've read all the rules. I'm guessing some that posted in here has too. Now an explanation would be nice. I hope my post doesn't confuse anyone. Because I think I'm confused now after typing it out.
I'm certainly confused as to why I've ever had an account deleted ! Wrongly !
 Ticketoride
Msg: 42
Deleted users
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:58:57 AM
So basically, are your saying you don't know why someone's account is deleted ?

I haven't got the faintest Clue on exactly what Item in the Link above any Profile gets deleted for. They are all Causes for Profile Deletions.

So you don't know if someone's account might get deleted simply because 1 person complained? Do you know if anyone ever checks the complainers story out?

You'll have to e-mail the Admin.

So if someone happens to have a different opinion in the forums and it happens to tick a couple members off and a couple members complain then it's possible someones account will get deleted due to difference in opinion?

I hope you are not implying this Site is run by complete Idiots. Reports are acted upon when they have Merit/Proof. There is no judicial Bureaucracy, ie. there won't be Tons of E-Mails flying back and forth to query anything. If the Report is valid, then its acted upon.

So if someone emails with 100 people and gets along with all 100 of them for months. Then along comes member 101 and they clash and then member 101 complaining will get somones account deleted?

Although there may be a "High Level Complaint" Filter, Account Deletions are based on valid Reports.

Or will someone actually check member 101's story out via possible check emails written back and forth (Both Members).

No, unless Infos are missing.

Or is it possible that since member 101 is an attractive female then someones account deleted no questions asked?

So you are suggesting the Admin/Report Reviewers are corrupt/unethical?

This requires and explanation to be of any help to me.

E-Mail the Admin.

I think what most of the people posting in here is wanting to know is "WHY ARE THEIR ACCOUNTS WRONGFULLY DELETED? "

Already answered in the Link above, and since many Reasons exist, no single Answer is possible.

I'm thinking that these complainers would learn how to use the "BLOCK" option instead of "WRONGFULLY" reporting people because they couldn't get the last word in.

If a Report has no Merit, it won't be acted on.
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 43
Deleted users
Posted: 8/6/2008 11:46:22 AM
If a members account is deleted, how long before the member can create a new account from their home computer that the original account was created and deleted on?
What steps do they have to take to create a new profile once deleted by administration?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 44
Deleted users
Posted: 8/7/2008 10:53:51 AM
What steps do they have to take to create a new profile once deleted by administration?

If you have been deleted by Administration for TOS Violations, there are no Courses of Action. Once they get kicked, they stay off. If they are come back, they'll just get kicked off again.

Ebony_4
Msg: 45
Deleted users
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:26:04 AM
I have been having trouble with 2 users on here:
I have asked them repeatedly out of respect for me not to view me for the following reason purely makes me feel uncomfortable.
*** snipped *** -I work with not my type at all/insist when I see him online he's not viewing me I'v have blocked but still keep popping up as viewing me. (yuk!!)
The other person *** snipped *** ( don't know online name) is from my children's school we've sat on committees together.

There needs to be a way that blocked users can't view anymore !!!

Please reply back to *** snipped ***
Thank-you in advance, Yvonne
Msg: 46
Deleted users
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:15:51 PM
Thanks for posting this ^^^^..More people shouldread how it works. I have had women ask me the same thing. Why do you look at my profile all the time. All it means is I looked at it once lol
Good job moderator
 Ebony_4
Msg: 47
Deleted users
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:14:29 PM
Sorry I never knew that it would be viewed publicly.Thank you for your assistance.
 Websmith
Msg: 48
Deleted users
Posted: 8/18/2008 2:22:02 PM
I have read in these threads that your profile, if it violates any rules, will be under investigation. My question to you is, if that's true, how did my profile get deleted? I was not aware of anyone having issues with my profile, or with my forum posts. I am very respectful, and very clean in all of my posts and my profile.

Yet, one day, my profile was deleted... there was no explanation, no way for me to see why it got deleted. Just "that username does not exist in our system."

It's frustrating because I had been corresponding with several people, had a large list of favorites, and I can't remember all of them to recreate my list... All of my emails are gone -- I am dating someone with whom I emailed often, and all of my emails disappeared too -- she couldn't even see them on her profile.

It wasnt' a fake account, a duplicated account, and doesn't have any links in it. Is there any reason a profile would get deleted without any warning? Was it a glitch? I'd really like to understand, so if there was something I did or said, I don't repeat it, and I'd like to try to get through each day without the fear that my profile and all of its associated posts are going to disappear...

Thanks!
Websmyth
 Ticketoride
Msg: 49
Deleted users
Posted: 8/18/2008 4:21:55 PM
how did my profile get deleted?

Websmith
Msg: 50
Deleted users
Posted: 8/18/2008 10:34:02 PM
I'm trying to explain that nothing about my account violated policy. And if it did, why was I not asked to fix it instead of deleting the account and severing all ties to anyone I was talking to? It seems like a rather aggressive policy, and is very frustrating to have every person I was cultivating potential relationships with thinking I just disappeared. I have read the faqs. Please don't quote them. I just want to know why a clean, rule-abiding profile would be deleted with no warning or request for change.

Thanks...
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User Account Deleted