Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zenking
Msg: 26
If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
So you want to move away....Allright then. You will need a job and a reason to get into just about any country in the world. But lets back up a little bit. Have you actually lived or even seen any of these countries? First off you might want to take six months and look at your prospective countries. It might not be what you think it is. People are quite different than you might imagine, yes, even Canadians....Aussies have their own culture also.
Maybe try spending some time away and see how you feel. Another idea is to stay and fight against those things you see as bad in your own country. if not how will things ever change?

cheers!

For a variety of reasons I would choose Canada or New Zealand....
 random_variable
Msg: 27
If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:32:01 PM
what is the difference in systems between brasil and canada? do you even know?

why do you prefer brasil?
 random_variable
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:35:19 PM
Canadia is suck. High taxes. Bad (free) healthcare. Everywhere is mess. High unemployment. Winter. All Canadians dreams about getting job in the US.

It is better if you are women… you can get pregnant and do not work. But if you are men then you pay for all.

Don't emmigrate in Canadia.
Emmigrate in Brazil.

see my questions in the prior post....
 iAmMe=)
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:18:53 PM

I would recommend Canada. When I lived in Ontario I enjoyed it. The folks seem friendlier and more down to earth

I so agree with this guy.... Canadians are more friendly and down to earth unlike the American society. Or at least that is what I have found.
 Franniemay
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:58:09 PM
New Zealand is very beautiful and the people are decent and hard-working. :-)
I would love to live there!
 ant1ers
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:27:17 PM
Australia. Friendly people, great weather - Melbourne and Perth are two of my favorite cities on the planet. New Zealand (specifically Auckland) is a short flight away. Just be wary of the food. It is "traditional English cuisine," except I hate to call it cuisine. Seems to be giving it too much credit :D
 Poet102781
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/27/2006 3:32:22 PM
Brazil? Hmmmmmmm.....

They have good coffee, but Canada has gravy fries.....

Eat coco covered coffee beans.....or eat gravy fries on the underground train???

Im going with canada....so many hotties there...yum yum.
 trmas
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:00:54 AM
First choice would be Australia. Second would be Canada. I've seriously considered a move to Australia for months now, but I'd never get to see my kids..
 Rare68modeL
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/5/2006 1:07:44 AM
C A N A D A EH! Without a doubt! Amazing people...food, land and variety. we have lots to offer. The States pale next to Canada. Why do you think they got their greedy paws on Alaska when they had the chance? To be closer to us! Bush is just a puppet...lol. Or perhaps a lawn ornament....lol. Cannot/does not even write his own speeches. And they call him a president. Our government is pretty pathetic too. But I am still a proud Canadian. Changes are coming....but sometimes it'd be nice to hit the fast forward.
 Matty.0082
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/8/2006 4:46:10 AM
Anywhere in Canada.
 Endless26
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/17/2006 4:09:25 PM
Question: If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?

Baghdad, Iraq - sorry... read the question wrongly, a place other then the U.S. you wanted

It's what you make out of your environment, boredom is a state of mind, at least that's what I tell myself!
 bluewyngs_
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/21/2006 5:23:00 PM
Somebody has to defend our GREAT COUNTRY!! While the U.S. may not be your choicest place to live, I can guarantee it's way closer to the top of the list than the bottom. There are so many that would give their right arm to live here!! And many who risk or give up everything to be here.

M-a-y-b-e it's not the best place in the world, but you've got be grateful you landed here, instead of so many other places that are far worse off!!

Proud to be an AMERICAN
*Thank You to all soldiers*
 treemanbdj
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2006 7:06:42 PM
^^^^Good one Cutie^^^^

But greed, crime, and the government is running this country into the ground.

The moral fiber, work ethics, and faith that made this the best country is falling by the by the way side quick.

I still keep my lights on the trucks on Memorial and Veterans Day. Got to give the utmost respect to the 10's of millions that fought in wars for the rights we have.

All that said.. I've been reseaching Australia for over a year,reading the SMH paper and listening to the radio through the net, penpaling with Aussies and plan on visiting this winter and maybe move.

Much lower crime, better educatioanl, and health care programs.Anti dumping on importing...I could go on and on....The whole country had less then 310 murders last year.. Some of the airports don't even have cameras in them.. All the stats look good.

BDJ
 looking for???
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/22/2006 11:17:02 AM
Try someplace that would suck more it's not always greener on the other side. For me Canada is gods country. We have true freedom.
 hoosiertex
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/31/2006 3:07:37 PM
France-you'd fit right in.
 brian4fun
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 6:16:28 PM
I've been all around the States and both Canada's (East and West and yes, there is a difference)...I have found that it depends on where you are as to how the people are...I'm sure this would be true in any country...in the part of Texas where I live, there are plenty of good people...just as I found in Calgary....it seems to me that people in the more populated areas of any place tend to lean more to the 'dix' side of the scale...people in less populated areas that have room to breathe are normally more friendly and down to earth...these are just generalizations so before anyone sends me to the executioner here let me make a point...there are great people anywhere whether it be the States, Canada, Australia or wherever...you just have to see them and not judge them by the dix that surround them...I personally love Canada as much as the States...western Canada seems to be just a bit more friendly than the east but i know there are many many great people there as well..i was just not fortunate enough to be there long enough to meet them...as for government, i can't defend Washington much because i do not believe in them...the principles our govt was founded on no longer exist there...a government of the people, by the people and for the people no longer exists...insert corporations in place of people and you have a pretty good idea...but i do not know enough about any other countries govt's to even begin to compare...JMO
 truetruetrue
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:51:20 PM
I'm an aussie and obviously love it there. My home is now the USA but Australia will always have a special place in my heart. I've also lived in many places around the world and have traveled to countless.

One thing I realized early on in my adventures is that people in general are always warmer to foreigners especially if they're nice and "cool". If you're an ass, you'll have a hard time anywhere, especially in Australia (we don't take s**t too well). Some other comments here are correct. It's extremely difficult getting a citizenship in aus.

I have to admit that one of my favorite places is Vancouver. I love the scenery, lifestyle, and people there. I would definitely consider moving there.

I also absolutely love asia. I would move to Singapore or Japan in a second if I could speak the language. Awesome people and incredibly honorable culture! You should take a few months to explore it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

London is egh ok. I prefer the "blue collar" types than the snooty "poms". I despise aristocrats and their pompous hypocritical pseudo-intellectual views.

France, Italy, Holland, etc. - Europe in general - are over-romanticized by the movie industry. I probably wouldn't live there but I would certainly visit again and again and again for extended periods of time.

I'm not feeling Athens but the greek islands during summer I would do every year without thought.

Personally I think I will end up in either Costa Rica, Maldives or some quaint island paradise or just stay right here in Cali and keep traveling.

I lived in NYC for a while as well and love it there but I have to admit, you can't beat California :)
 snowmaker
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 2:15:24 AM
Perth is cleaner and much nicer than Vancouver. i`ve lived in both places. the people are much friendlier in West Austrailia and they don`t blab about how great the place is like the canadians allways seem to do.
 viceguy2
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:03:11 PM
[Canadia is suck. High taxes. Bad (free) healthcare. Everywhere is mess. High unemployment. Winter. All Canadians dreams about getting job in the US.

It is better if you are women… you can get pregnant and do not work. But if you are men then you pay for all.]

[/Oh Canadia...I see...I thought she meant Canada.]
 viceguy2
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:05:23 PM

Canadia is suck. High taxes. Bad (free) healthcare. Everywhere is mess. High unemployment. Winter. All Canadians dreams about getting job in the US.

It is better if you are women… you can get pregnant and do not work. But if you are men then you pay for all.

Oh Canadia...I see...I thought she meant Canada.
 thunderballs
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/9/2006 10:08:47 PM
Dude the temp here in canada are hot! its aug and peeps are swimming bike riding toronto is 45 mins from the can/usa n.y. border niagria falls is there winter snow doesn't really come till mid dec, theres been some years it never snowed till after x-mas oh yeah you lived here and you can fly to cuba were aloud in lol I'm canadian. No other country has a problem with us ..i think we should invade another country just cause they would never see it coming!! like turkey!!! we'd change the name to chicken and give it back to them. thats just how nice we are cheers!
 teach1234
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 12:19:13 PM
All great placed to visit (I donno about Iraq, tho'), but I can't imagine anyone from the US expecting to find a better place than here! There's problems, nutjob rightists, leftists etc... but heck, I can't be bothered to praise the US. It's like trying to praise your mom to a stranger....
It's the best!
 anarchy01
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/13/2006 1:49:39 PM
Everybody seems to be saying Australia can i ask why apart from the weather? It doesnt appeal to me at all i would never go off my own bat as the place to me just seems so boring maybe im wrong never been but i mean apart from the major cities what else is there, im just curious.
 Passion4Fashion
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/22/2006 9:12:38 PM
Calgary, Canada... There's more jobs then people, we have great health care, Alberta has the lowest taxes, and who doesn't like a good party.
 TakeU2FunkyTown
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/24/2006 6:21:25 AM
I lived in Vancouver for about 2yrs and can't wait to get back there. But newhere in Canada is a good place to be... but i think im a little biased
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?