Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss W
Msg: 101
view profile
History
If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
New Zealand.

A friend of mine moved there last year and periodically, she sends updates and pictures, which are absolutely breathtaking. I plan on visiting her next year, but I understand that it is very challenging to get permanent residence there.
 mjh48059
Msg: 102
If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?
Posted: 6/23/2007 9:54:15 AM
Canada!

It's the people, eh? They're simply more polite and friendly. Some of them even have cute little accents, too.
 mjh48059
Msg: 103
I found this out
Posted: 6/23/2007 11:59:27 AM
No matter where you move outside of the United States, your problems follow you.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. It really depends on the person that wants to move. If he feels that he's got legitimate reasons to want to get out, then he might do better somewhere else. However, if he's an incessant whiner, then problems tend to follow that person no matter where he goes.

The economy in my state is rather poor going and people are finding happiness in other states, as well as work, obviously. So for some people, the grass is indeed greener elsewhere. Then you get someone like one of my sisters that's been from state to state and never has her shit together, let alone finding any happiness.

As for myself, yeah I've got family here, but everyone is busy with their own lives so nobody has much time to talk with each other. Am I ready to get out of here? With the right woman for me, I'd say, 'Hell yeah!' but even if I don't find anyone on POF for a while, I still don't see myself staying in this part of the state for the rest of my life. For a smaller city of about 30,000 or so, a lot of people here are jerks and asshats. Not just to me, but to each other as well. Who wants to stick around in a miserable place?
 Wrinkledstockings
Msg: 104
I found this out
Posted: 6/24/2007 1:16:56 AM
Some of us think the UK sucks too! Close to home I would choose Italy. Ok, no place is perfect but I like the climate, the food and the attitude to life there. Australia would also be a choice. In fact I've looked at New Zealand as well as it is supposed to be a bit easier to get into. Unfortunately I don't have a cat in hells chance of getting into either. I should have married my Aussie boyfriend while I had the chance!
 BizzeeBee25
Msg: 105
I found this out
Posted: 6/24/2007 12:47:45 PM
I would move to Canada. I just love those cute lil' Canucks!
 HappyDays
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:15:31 PM
The Netherlands is the Land of the Free, and of bicycles. Korea is proof that, though diversity may be beautiful, so is homogeneity. Egypt has a grand history, but much of it does not directly belong to the land's inhabitants. Italy has a grand history that is a great source of pride for its people, and of course Italy has everything France has plus friendly people. The Philippines is a natural wonder with English-speakers in Asia (that have Spanish names). England of course is England, bless them.
 peopleinparadise
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/26/2007 2:55:53 AM
Hi everyone...great discussion!

I have to agree with 'Canada' (being Canadian and all!) BUT this canuck has been in the travel industry for 20 yrs - Mexico, definitely, is my fav place in the world - I lived all over Mexico for about 15yrs mostly but also worked on cruise ships and in the Caribbean but I keep coming back to Mexico - travel is the greatest industry in the world! This website says it all: www.ytbTravelMovie.com

By the way, anyone looking for jobs-on-cruise-ships(.com) can contact me at www.peopleinparadise.com - that's what I do!

Happy travels!
PeopleInParadiseTRAVEL.com
 civic2004
Msg: 108
II have spent the last 6 researching for a place to relocate
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:29:42 AM
I have been to some places like London, Amsterda, Tronto, Paris, Mexico and most of the United States.

I began my research when I knew I was going to retire. I wanted a cheaper cost of living than the US, a country with friendly people (especially the women), and a country that welcomed immigration at my age (50).

The best internet free resources are escapefromamerica.com
and
tales from a small planet which have reports from US embassey personnel.

If you are looking for friendly women, Columbia and Brazil are supposed to have the friendliest-espeically Columbia.

Australia is now very difficult to immigtrate to. In the 1960's I heard that if you would immigrate to Australia, they would pay for a one way ticket for you and your family. Might have been true because that is what Mel Gibson's father did.

But Australia is running out of livable landspace. Most of the cities are built along the coast and few can live in the outback.

Amsterdam as well as all of Western Europe is difficult to immigrate to and the exchange rate to the US dollar is very bad.

Perhaps the best place to go right now is Eastern Europe-espeically Prague which is really in central Europe next to Germany (the eastern part).

The Czech Republic is currently advertising that if you want EU citizenship, the the CR is the place to relocate.

I have read mixed reports. About half the people who live there who have immigrated love it and the other half hate it and move on.

Like everything esle, it depends on your circumstances.
 tenick
Msg: 109
II have spent the last 6 researching for a place to relocate
Posted: 7/15/2007 10:07:53 AM
Hey civic2004
Would you fill me in on the Czech Republic is currently advertising that if you want EU citizenship, the the CR is the place to relocate. where did you get that information from?
I've lived in Lithuania the last 4 plus years and found in almost impossible to become a resident there even being married to a citizen. I've been to Prague and loved it but did not know about citizenship being possible there. Please IM me with some info. By the way not married anymore but she has her Green Card
 chivi15
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:51:01 AM
Costa Rica is an amazing place!!!!
 Bene elim
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/19/2007 12:42:00 PM
Anywhere but the U.S.

Simple solution for a simple problem! Ha ha!

I would personally recommend the Middle East, the U.K., South America or Europe.
 Sebastian_A
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/20/2007 5:01:16 AM
hahaa any where but there!!! I live in NY for a year back in the 90's and hated it ...lol...love my country :)
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/20/2007 10:10:24 AM
but I understand that it is very challenging to get permanent residence there.
I'm over 50 and I would imagine that it would be very challenging to get a permanent residence anywhere outside of my country.
 jamminjeff
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/24/2007 10:14:20 PM
The U.S. DOES suck! I'ma move to Canada, though I have heard great things about Australia as well!
 jamminjeff
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/24/2007 10:22:28 PM
where is Brasil?
 jamminjeff
Msg: 116
I agree with you orpproorp
Posted: 7/24/2007 10:40:16 PM
Most of Canadas biggest cities are very close across the border from United Statesian cities. Vancouver B.C., ie. is very similar climate to Seattle, Warshington. Toronto is relatively close to cities such as Detroit and Cleveland, and probably pretty similar climatically!
 sundance.65
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:28:42 AM
Canada is okay, it's just too *#)#$ cold in the winter. Perhaps move to a different part of US you have a lot of options from the attitudes of banned in Boston to the more libertarian views of New Orleans, plus you have Hawaii and Puerto Rico as options as well.

As for health care, you're basicly stuck so you might want to consider Australia, Canada, New Zealand or UK for English speaking countries.
 RagazzoTorrese
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 6:28:55 PM
I wanna move to Italy. Perhaps one of my driving forces is that I am Italian and would like to try living there because if I dont I will be curious for the rest of my life. I've been there 7 times and not always as a tourist, I speak the language which I think is a must in Italy or you will have a hard time. I have no idea if I will like living there or not, but I can name a number of things that I would like better there than the USA. I really dont like the USA and I hope I dont end up spending the rest of my life here.
 julz1983
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/16/2011 5:09:23 AM
Australia is just as bad, unfortunately all the morons over here are looking to you guys for inspiration and copying America. Australia is a cultural desert.
 karma1160
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/16/2011 12:54:59 PM
The first thing you need to do is to research where you can be allowed to work.
 Gabizinha
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 5:01:19 PM
Sweden? *hint hint* We have the highest taxes on the planet
 drockrox
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:33:22 AM
costa rica is a great choice.Have property there and love it!!!:
 valenciacityx
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:50:06 AM
What do you mean by 'IF' ?
Bags packed,- Odessa Bound.
Rumor is, you marry a Ukrainian girl, you get citizenship there !
This time the 'mail order' is going the other direction !
Happier Abroad.
 reubensky747
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/7/2011 11:41:18 AM
Well, with all the respects, this nation was build on roots of Bible principles, and has lead to a lot prosperity and freedom, but now days, most people miss understand the word freedom, to me means be more responsible, and obey the rules of the country, no to do anything I want it even violating some else rights and walk a way like nothing happen, that is absurd and intolerable in any part of the planet, as well as the corruption of any level of the US. government, therefore if anyone disagree, is not obligated to live with the US. standards and policies, they are welcome to exit the nation at any time, I'm sure no body or US. official will hold you against they well!!!.javascript:smilie('')
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > If the U.S. sucks, where should one move?