Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SRQleslie
Msg: 376
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 16 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

to remind of a club on Bourbon Street that advertised "A THOUSAND POUNDS OF GO-GO GIRLS". There were 3 of them.

WHOAAA...................!!! BOB are you 'perhaps' DRINKING Bourbon???...........talk about inviting a "BRAWL"!!!
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 377
view profile
History
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 12/23/2008 6:43:38 PM
It's a true story, Leslie. They were still jiggling 5 minutes after the music stopped.

I think that back then I actually did drink bourbon. As far as a brawl, bring it on! Do you want to box or wrestle? My preference is wrestling.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 378
Posted: 12/23/2008 7:02:28 PM
I think that back then I actually did drink bourbon. As far as a brawl, bring it on! Do you want to box or wrestle? My preference is wrestling

FUNNY how sometimes the posts ‘jog your memory’ (since some of us are so OLD)!!

I use to drink BOURBON myself back in Memphis! I dated the captain of the Old #7 Jack Daniels Rugby Team……..where Jack Daniels was FREE FLOWING - thank you VERY much……..and after the game………..we didn’t wrestle………..we just roasted a PIG!!! (thought that was kind of appropos but it is NOT a commentary on the thread……...PLEASE……..NOT a commentary on this thread! One has to be so CAREFUL in today’s POF ‘culture’!
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 7:21:00 PM

One has to be so CAREFUL in today’s POF ‘culture’!

That's so true. It looks like your thread from last night went to "thread heaven".
 SRQleslie
Msg: 380
Posted: 12/23/2008 7:34:09 PM

It looks like your thread from last night went to "thread heaven".

YEAH.........I KNOW!!! GO figure! I've been getting e-mails all day and phone calls asking WHAT HAPPENED?? I 'stupidly' thought it was kind of a 'worth-while' thread............SILLY FISH WOMAN that I am (apparently)!

I am truly 'baffled'....! I have 'examined', re-read and re-read the 'rules'......etc. It was intended to be some humorous FUN where we could ALL laugh at OURSELVES.......again.........'silly me'!!!

OH well!!!
 fishmunger1
Msg: 381
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:52:57 PM
WOW.....WTF.....I was in the Ohio Forum and they have threads going on that wouldn't have made it 5 minutes down here....
I think a revolution is in order, a bloody coup d'etat, overthrow and exile the big fish, throw the moderators to the sharks.....By the way, the censorship thread is also gone....
 SRQleslie
Msg: 382
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:12:35 PM
WOW.....WTF.....I was in the Ohio Forum and they have threads going on that wouldn't have made it 5 minutes down here....
I think a EDIT EDIT is in order, a bloody EDIT EDIT, EDIT the big EDIT, throw the EDIT to the sharks.....By the way, the censorship thread is also gone....

Yeah, I KNOW (the hard way)!!! Actually, I have been doing some 'sole searching' (PUN intended)!!

This is a FREE site and it IS really well designed and we (fish people) do not have ownership.......so.......in all fairness.........we don't make the rules! I truly DO want to obey them.........(out of respect).......and I DO re-read and re-read and re-read them........I guess, more than anything, I am just baffled sometimes what the 'parameters' are????? since I DO read things on this FORUM that just make my 'hair curl' and yet, they seem to remain 'untouched'! The forum is creatively segmented into different 'sections' ............and then there are the 'general' STATE forums! I enjoy the fact that the posters on this forum have kind of developed a 'rapport' and 'commraderie' . I don't have ANY desire to be a "Norma Rae".........I would just sincerely ask: "What is the actual INTENT of the general State Forums"????

SORRY - Mr. Monger.......I kind of got 'serious on you'................I promise......it won't HAPPEN AGAIN! AND.....I 'edited' your quote..........I hope you don't mind!!

WOW - ALSO apologize for getting WAY OFF THE THREAD here!!!!
 fishmunger1
Msg: 383
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:21:55 PM

AND.....I 'edited' your quote..........I hope you don't mind!

How dare you edit my revolutionary spewl....... .........
 Me Leona
Msg: 384
Posted: 12/23/2008 11:04:15 PM
Hi Leslie, Bob, Froggy and Fishmunger, fellow Floridian reptilian-like fishies? Munger waddya doin in Ohio, my origins? I saw that thread was missing this morning, I always go to "my forums" and look for "updates" ya know? So I was like hmmm what happened to that thread I posted on at 2 am when I should've been asleep (like right now). OK goin to bed, back to topic, average size for females? Whatever size fits!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 385
Posted: 12/24/2008 4:09:24 AM
Did anyone ever see the post at the top of page 2 in this thread? Its one of my all time favorites!

And Wanna dances comment about the place in Nawlins got me to thinking, where did all the BBW women who had average listed in their profiles go? They used to contribute a lot but since their BBW cinco de mayo party they have been pretty quiet!

(poof - he hits the beach ball up into the air)
 Me Leona
Msg: 386
Posted: 12/24/2008 7:00:27 AM
I just checked out that post, is it one of your favorites because of misspelled words talking about other people's lack of intelligence? (By the way, I had to look up the word "misspell").
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 387
Posted: 12/24/2008 8:58:15 AM
Hallie, you are starting to get me! That's scary!

You talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I love this line:
DUNB AS A STUMP
 Nancy31096
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 9:39:57 AM
Well I'm happy to say that I am wearing a size 14 now. Bought myself a new pair of levi's for Christmas and I weigh 170 am 5'3".

Maybe they should give us an option as to how many pounds we are overweight on our profile. I chose a few pounds which really is about 30 lbs according to my Dr. which I don't think with all my boobs up top I would look right with being that small for my height and body build.

I'm happy with myself and if I chose to lose more weight it would be for myself not anyone.
 Me Leona
Msg: 389
Posted: 12/25/2008 9:59:52 AM
Hmmm just noticed an interesting thread is gone that had to do with physical signs of aging, maybe some people are offended by talking about physicality and it got deleted? I think that's too bad, that some people may be offended about something that does pertain to the challenges that aging poses to relationships and dating in general. It is relevant, people's and society's attitudes, judgments and values (or lack thereof).
 SRQleslie
Msg: 390
Posted: 12/25/2008 10:03:27 AM

if I chose to lose more weight it would be for myself not anyone.

I APPLAUD your attitude about doing it for YOURSELF! I think one of the most attractive things about men and women alike, is how they carry themselves! If you feel good about yourself, no matter what size category you fit into, you are ALWAYS going to be more appealing to the opposite sex.

CONFIDENCE is appealing!
 Nancy31096
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 10:09:30 AM
Thanks SRQnat. I haven't always had such self confidence about myself or weight but now that I'm getting older I feel that it's about time I let go of the negativity and be happy with myself.

Hope Everyone Has A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!!!

Nancy who's turning 48 tomorrow yikes lol
 spot4username
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 8:38:52 PM
I have the few extra pounds option right now as my body type. I would like to lose a few pounds. I don't think people really understand what a few is. It is not 2o, 3o, 4o plus pounds.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry:
few
Function:
adjective
Date:
before 12th century
1 : consisting of or amounting to only a small number
2 : at least some but indeterminately small in number —used with a

Most definitions that I found were even clearer.

adjective 1. not many, one or two, hardly any, scarcely any

I will say it one more time. Please be honest on your profiles. I am tired of guys thinking I weigh 200 lbs because I am honest and others are not.

Okay everyone can feel free to send hate mail.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 393
Posted: 12/25/2008 8:58:56 PM

I am tired of guys thinking I weigh 200 lbs because I am honest and others are not.

SPOT - I know you did not intend to do so, but you have INSPIRED me to post something that I have been 'thinking' but chose not to post previously.

When I FIRST stumbled across POF and had NOT yet posted a profile, I took a moment to look at other women's profiles! It did , indeed, 'baffle' me when it came to the body type descriptions! It seemed to me that those who 'opted' to say 'a few pounds overweight' WERE actually (at least based on the profiles that I looked at - certainly NOT true for ALL).....like 50 lbs. oveweight (which I don't consider 'a few'!)

For the most part I have been the SAME body 'type' my entire life (I fluctuate like
most women) but for the most part I haven't changed dramatically. My 'body type' has never been an 'obstacle' for me as far as attracting the opposite sex.

SO - I was kind of faced with a queston.......if I put 'a few pounds ' overweight (from an honesty stand point) they WILL think I AM like 200 lbs.+ So the 'path of least resistance' was to just list myself as AVERAGE and POST a very accurate, up-to-date, un-touched picture and let the VIEWER be the judge!

Actually I DO consider myself a 'few pounds overweight' currently! BUT we are in a POF climate........and I ALWAYS try to adapt to my surroundings! *GRIN*
 spot4username
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 4:41:48 AM

Actually I DO consider myself a 'few pounds overweight' currently! BUT we are in a POF climate........and I ALWAYS try to adapt to my surroundings! *GRIN*

Great! So using your logic since I do consider myself to be a few pounds overweight (meaning less than 10) I should post average. But weight (pun intended) since those who are more than a few say they are average I should adapt to my surroundings. I get it. I guess I should list myself as thin! *rolls eyes*

Honesty people. It shouldn't be this difficult.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 395
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:01:21 AM
Honesty people. It shouldn't be this difficult.

I ...REPEAT............I POST a very accurate, up-to-date, un-touched picture and let the VIEWER be the judge!

And when and if I should become MORE than a few pounds overweight (more than 10 pounds)...I will post a NEW, accurate, up-to-date, un-touched picture, etc.

That IS my LOGIC..........and I consider it VERY honest............and I'm sticking to it!

And, NO, it shouldn't be this difficult!

IN any case, I think the intent of the THREAD is really about 'extremes'.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 396
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:32:21 AM
OK, after careful and thorough examination of the pictures posted by the user Spot, I willfully and knowingly provide my unsolicited (and most probably undesired) expert opinion.

Spot, by POF standards, and by the standards used on many other dating sites you fall within the average category. By stating you are a few extra pounds, even though that may be technically true, you are violating the spirit of the game.

The consequences is that many a man searching for average will not find you at all and those men looking for hefty women will find you tooooo skinny!

Oh, and those hot pink fingernails are VERY sexy!
 Me Leona
Msg: 397
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:35:24 AM
I just changed mine from thin to average. A lot of people make comments about me being thin, but I'm short and small-boned, but not too skinny, so I guess that's average. The word "average" sounds so boring. Maybe they should add new categories, like "curves in all the right places," "average but stupendous with the help from special undergarments," etc. Now we're talkin' honesty!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 398
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:38:33 AM
^^^^^^ Hallie, you are definately NOT average!

I think you should go back to thin!
 Me Leona
Msg: 399
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:48:09 AM
hmmm well ....OK, but I'm confused, I don't think I'm thin by normal thin standards compared to most thin people (especially in a couple areas), nor am I firm and toned as most athletic types are, but I respect your opinion. And what's with "prefer not to say" wouldn't you agree that tends to make anyone assume the worst?
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:55:51 AM
^^^^ Having seen your magnificent body in those kitty kat tights at the halloween party, I can definately say you are NOT average!
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....