Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Me Leona
Msg: 426
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 18 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I dunno who really cares or why.... if someone wants to know they'll find out, I suppose.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 427
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:13:05 AM
it's patently silly to hold that there are no 'viable' , 'excuses' for not posting a

picture..........more importantly there are a multitude of "VIABLE REASONS"

that are certainly not "excuses".............

Some of you think it's inncocuous behavior.........you have the right to be that

misinformed.....and misguided, or naive......your choice.....

Again, I know better than to engage in that sort of activity on any www 'dating

site'.....................I am no fool.
 Cajun3149
Msg: 428
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:17:10 AM
"I am no fool."

No, you just act like one with your reasons given in your profile.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 429
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:34:47 AM
Again, I know better than to engage in that sort of activity on any www 'dating

site'.....................I am no fool.

At the risk of sounding 'impertinent' *grin*..................WHY are you here??? Assuming it IS for the purpose of utlizing this site as a 'data base' for making further contact with females for potential dating, what (do you feel) is it that you SAY in your PROFILE that would enourage a female fish to write to you?

OR - do YOU do all the writing? AND - I assume........you ONLY contact women who have NO photo?? (presumably YOU wouldn't contact a woman who was 'foolish' enough to post HER photo!!! (how could you RESPECT her??????

_ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:40:30 AM

there are a multitude of "VIABLE REASONS"

Oh please, genius, educate the uninformed populace. If there are a multitude of valid reasons, please share 5 or 10 of the multitude with us. I'll bet they are actually lamea$$ excuses. Your posts are becoming quite a joke to anyone with a brain. You just cannot substantiate what you write.
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:45:33 AM
he's a
professional in a highly regulated/legal field
My guess is he's a sanitation engineer in a jail.
 Me Leona
Msg: 432
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:16:40 PM
I think that's completely off topic and he should start a new thread about that, as I'd like to know what my risks are. If you're meeting people in real life, you go out places, you hopefully date someone a while and give them your real name, they find out where you live, you have to give personal information to all kinds of businesses in order to get any service, etc. There's lots of ways strangers could see me (at the store) and follow me, or utilize information against my will. In fact, when I stayed at the hotel in Grassy Key, I felt a little violated and put-off because they charged my credit card without giving me the option to pay cash and wanted a copy of my driver's license and license plate number. I gave it to them feeling isn't that going a little too far? Not to mention what you can find out by googling, ordering a background check, or hiring an investigator.

So, if Manaman has viable and legitimate reasons for "hiding" I wanna know what they are or why can't he tell us what they are? He's not risking anything by telling us what we're risking, is he?
 SRQleslie
Msg: 433
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:47:47 PM

I think that's completely off topic and he should start a new thread about that, as I'd like to know what my risks are. If you're meeting people in real life, you go out places, you hopefully date someone a while and give them your real name, they find out where you live, you have to give personal information to all kinds of businesses in order to get any service, etc.

You're right, Hallie...........the thread HAS wandered a bit! However - that sounds like a good idea! Sounds like YOU have some interesting thoughts & questions on the topic...........why don't you start a new thread?????

(I didn't research if it has been done before)
 Me Leona
Msg: 434
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:01:00 PM
^^^^^ I don't like starting threads, that's why! I think the SRQManaMan should do it! He's the one claiming it's the big risk, not me!
 fishmunger1
Msg: 435
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:05:22 PM

I think the "Average" for a female, as the ladies like to go with is in the 12-14 size range and what? 165lbs? I'd say that's about the average weight of the bullschit spewing from a certain man*man mouth. But on the other hand a size 12-14 moomoo would not come close to clothing his massive arrogance and as for the ego, omg wtf comes to mind. (I read the profile)
He's the type of fool that will place a credit card order with his favorite XXX movie supplier over the phone with ALL the personal info required and never give up his email address so they can send confirmation because that's "private info". (I have this happen regularly at work and no, not a xxx movie supplier...lol)

Although you having no photo is not a problem with me but I'm with Wanna and the gang, let's here these almighty enlightening reasons YOU have....I previously stated the only legit one I know of......WTF ...Come on, humor us.....
 ADaleFan03
Msg: 436
Posted: 1/5/2009 3:39:13 PM
Yikes!! After an email or two back and forth about this thread, I finally did a little browsing and what did I find??? Nothing worth arguing about with someone who can't even say if they own a vehicle or if they have children!!! Now, I am not proud of some things in my life, but one thing that I am proud to say is that I am a parent!! I am also able to say whether or not I posses something that these days is somewhat important. She may not be the shiniest girl at the ball, but she is clean, quiet, and does not emit any smells of any kind. Plus she has a kick butt CD player! LOL So, if you are reading this, goodbye, good luck (you will most definitely need it) and good riddance. Oh, and if this profile doesn't exist after a while, thank you. For being deleted for standing up for those you insult has been a pleasure.
 Edsta
Msg: 437
very simple solution to all "Average Size" queries...
Posted: 1/5/2009 6:24:37 PM
...PoF needs to REQUIRE that one of the profile pics be a full-body photo, then there'd be no need to have all these endlessly debatable body-type labels.

It'd probably save a lot of people (of both genders) a lot of wasted time and trouble too, I imagine.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 438
very simple solution to all Average Size queries...
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:23:24 PM
It may be hard to comprehend....but it is not this man's role or purpose to

educate the uneducable, or the recalcitrant......

Again, I know better.....but to each his own..................

And ms SRQ, what's your beef.....I already contacted you individually.....and you certainly were not nasty one-on-one.........in re your feedback on Memphis, TN.....and
what I did professionally....as you are aware...........

These cyberbozos seem to be just THAT........I hope you don't join the circus....but
that's your business as well....

meshuggenehs everywhere
 Me Leona
Msg: 439
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:27:57 PM
^^^But you already interjected yourself into this conversation and attempted to educate the naive and unknowing with your all-knowing wisdom, and all I did was ask you to clarify further. If you don't want to mingle with the circus then why are you even posting on the boards, let alone totally off topic? Meshugganah my ass! (according to some it's a good one and you can see for yourself)

I am NOT inviting further comment.

And, you just broke forum rules by posting your personal email address. BTW, anybody can make up any screen name OR email name they want to, right, and if you were with the FBI I doubt you'd make it so obvious in your personal email addy and then post on HERE of all places.
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:29:36 PM
Just as we thought. You do not have a valid reason or at least are not capable of expressing it.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 441
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:39:47 PM
Mr Wanna Dance

If you wish to 'engage', I have no reason not to accommodate you

I may be reached using 'federalbureau93 at yahoo'......

If you'd like to 'fence' intellectually or in any other fashion....

I assure you will not regret the contact.....or I can give you

my office address here in downtown Sarasota. ( and yes I'm a

rock's throw from Sarasota County Jail)

Respectfully,

SRQManaMan
 Rachel26F
Msg: 442
The sizes and shapes of people in general.
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:43:11 PM
I agree w/ you, Reteach63. After going on a few dates from PoF, the guys told me that I should change my body type on my profile to "Average" or "Athletic", but I think it's better for people to go in thinking I may be bigger than I am, than for someone to think that I tried to say I was trying to be untruthful.

I'm a big girl and love my curves. I don't want a man that can't handle all of me. For that matter, I don't want a man I can break in two either. lol
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:48:11 PM
Respect needs to be earned and until you earn it here you will just be another lowlife married guy sneaking around in the shadows.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 444
Posted: 1/5/2009 8:14:57 PM
well...

you are mistaken....I am not married, I am however divorced......

lowlife ????...........be careful....I've been also called an attorney....

don't know which one is a compliment......but you know neither

in reality...

that retort says more about you than me...

my invitation is still open...

amazingly stupid meshuggenehs

back on topic, eh ?

Respectfully,

SRQmanaMan
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 8:18:56 PM

I been also called an attorney.

but never an English teacher
 SRQleslie
Msg: 446
Posted: 1/6/2009 6:29:58 AM
...PoF needs to REQUIRE that one of the profile pics be a full-body photo, then there'd be no need to have all these endlessly debatable body-type labels.

It'd probably save a lot of people (of both genders) a lot of wasted time and trouble too, I imagine.

That DOES sound like a good idea! Someone was recently telling me about a 'dating site' that they were launching that DID require that - as well as a 'verifiable' date-stamped photo!

Unfortunately, in this day-in-age, probably 'both' documents could be altered.

I know I couldn't help but notice, that when I posted a full 'body-shot' I DEFINITELY got more e-mails! (PROBABLY because it is NOT that good........and they were convinced that it MUST be real!!! *grin* )

I kind of believe in the 'Underpromise....Overdeliver Concept!!!

Bruce325
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 6:41:35 PM
I always thought the average for any age was for women for 5 foot it was 100 pounds and 5 pounds for every inch in height over and for men it was 106 for 5 foot and 6 pounds for every inch over so being 6'4" I should be 196 pounds which I am 200 .
First they started making clothes larger then they started super sizing everything and then everyone.
In the 1970's I wore an XL and now I wear a large, I think because the USA is predominantly Overweight is not a reason to say 50 pounds over what average used to be is now a standard.
Does anyone else agree with me?
I exercise and try to eat healthy is how I retain my weight.
 MochaNHoney
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:49:48 AM
Your statement that anyone who is shorter than 5'9" who weighs more than 148 is unhealthy is ridiculous. You've not taken into consideration whether they're musclebound, small or large boned, etc. I was in the army for 8 years and was always considered to be over the average weight, yet my body fat was lower than average.

In my case, I'd been active in sports for years, am naturally muscular and large boned. Had you said to me that I was fat at 155lbs being 5'7" I would have been insulted and would have challenged you to any physical competition. Skinny does not always equal healthy.

As far as I am concerned, body fat percentage would be a good indicator of whether you're overweight or not. If you don't agree, oh well! We're all entitiled to our opinions.

Mocha
 Edsta
Msg: 449
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:39:11 AM
^^^ That's true, heavy muscle especially on the part of those who do a lot of weight training, can totally screw up the usual BMI standards.

I suppose we could request PoF to have 2 additional fields in the members profile page, underneath the "height" field: weight, and bodyfat percentage.

Wonder how many "Prefer not to say" listings that'll get vs. outrageous lies!
 BrandieBelle
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 9:13:43 PM
Size 12 is nowhere near average unless she is taller than 5'10.....
I don't consider a guy rude if he asks my weight, however.... I'm not even close to fat, and I always give a number that is a few pounds less than my true weight. I tell them what I wish I weighed!
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....