Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Long nails....Turn on or turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 butterflygrrl29
Msg: 26
Long nails....Turn on or turn off?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I cannot stand long toenails; it's a huge turnoff for me. Especially long toenails that are dirty!! Also, I don't like long fingernails on men. If a lady has nicely manicured long nails it's ok.
 Cin4U
Msg: 27
Long nails....Turn on or turn off?
Posted: 6/4/2006 6:53:29 AM
I have long nails, I do get designs and french manicures on a regular basis. BUT they look very elegant and pretty. I can still type, pick up small items, dress myself etc etc. Its what I like and its who I am. Yes, I do take extra care to make sure they are clean underneath and arent chipped or broken. Its a treat to myself. I get my toes done as well, but they are kept short and pretty. NO RAPTOR CLAWS ON MY TOES! To me its a accesory (sp?) what good is it to have a sexy outfit if your hands are all jacked up and not looking pretty as the rest of you. As for men with long nails...eeewww gross. Whenever I see that it reminds me of that first vampire movie Nosferatu, you know the very unsexy vampire with the long as hell nails...YIKES!
 funnygirll
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:09:25 AM
naturally/fake long nails on a woman I think is nice (mine are), if they are kept well cleaned and even... (not all broken and yellow... ewwww) and as long as the nails are not longer than the finger... scarrrrrryyy.

I love men with clean short fingernails, but not short where you can only see 1/3 of the original length of the nail.. that's just nasty... not long for men...ewww

toenails should always be short and well groomed..plz plz plz
 ab_qt
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:38:08 AM
Long nails on women are hot as long as they are taken care of
 mcbobly
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:30:37 PM
On dudes they are not at all nice looking, yuk! But on a woman anything between the end of her finger and about half an inch long is great, also and most importantly, they look much better if they are natural. Many of those fake nails now days look like crap and are awful to look at. All natural is the best way to go! And painted, oh ya!!
 bongaiolo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:40:00 PM
I think men must have short nails.
About girls, i prefer long, if possible french manicure.
 Crashmaster
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 3:46:30 PM
For me it doesn't take much before I think a lady's nails are too long. They just seem awkward and a liability.

I've torn off a couple of finger nails in the past. That is probably why I compulsivly bite mine down short now. Less space to pick up filth and no chance to catch them on an edge. I wouldn't say they look good, and not any defense against blacknail but that's what what a red-hot needle is for.
 Splinter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 3:53:42 PM
I like long nails. I have long nails. They are real. They are white because I don't use nail polish. If I happen to paint my nails for a special occasion it is with clear nail polish. I have had guys tell me that they like my long nails that it is a turn on.
 delytful
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:04:38 PM
"I'm in water all the time, and there is no way they would stay on."
LOL I didn't think the question was whether or not people liked fake nails, but I guess the question is being answered. Me, I hate anything fake, and think those that are afraid to break a nail are just too lame to deal with. So many more important things. Mine are strong enough to use in place of a box cutter, and saved me a lot of time looking for tools on the job, so I keep them long for practical reasons. And when dealing with miniatures, it is like having an extra pair of tweezers handy. Very useful. And those that have a problem keeping their nails clean, at any length, just don't have decent hygiene habits ick! Men with long nails, sorry, but nope. I don't like anything girly on a man.
 kiashmiah
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:50:20 PM
100% agree with you delytful. I feel long clean manicured nails on a woman is very attractive. And yes, they do have many purposes however long nails for a man.......for me....it is MOST unattractive!!! To each his/her own
 Ehcks
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 6:58:22 PM
I find it a bit of a turnoff myself.

I see it as a sign of vanity.
 lucilou
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:07:59 PM
I do have not too long fingernails , just long enough to make it look good and sexy, My nails are real and It shows on one my picture on my profile. Women can have a long fingernails and at the same time keep it clean. On men not long but looks clean and trim, men who have manicure is sexy.
 Just2much
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:01:10 PM
I don't like them, most of them are ugly and chipped and the fake ones can be extra ugly.
 Leeanne
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:20:25 PM
Decent, workable length nails on women are practical and more attractive - on men short, clean and neat.
I would really like to know just how the hel! do some women with those inch long nails wipe their behind without scratching - Yikes!!!
 moraima
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:41:05 PM
Can't remember seeing a man with longist nails. Chewed, chipped, or dirty nails on men or women are gross. I am lucky enough to have hard, medium length nail, that rarely (once a year maybe) break. I don't understand how if you have natural nails doing any kind on work would be a problem. Maybe it is because I have alway had med. length nail, and am just so used to having them. My only problem is people who assume that they aren't real. I love hand painting my thumb and ring finger nails with tiny designs. Such fun.
 Halfevl333
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 11:20:30 PM
I like a woman who has long fingernails... painted black preferably LOL...

Very sexy...but they should not be so long she has trouble holding things or using her fingers...

buccaneer38
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 2:15:09 AM
If a woman has those fake nails, yuck and double yuck! First off they can't do anything with them and second off they are unsanitary. There have been so many articles in medical journals about the microrganisms that are under those fake nails. A woman with fake nails is just giving that filth to everyone she touches.

What do I think about long fingernails and the women that have them.........gross!

They should be real and of normal length. Who needs a woman that wears all that crap-O-la anyway. I want a woman that can actually use her hands for something and won't gross me out if she hands me an apple or something. Tracy (buccaneer38)
 delytful
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:35:43 AM
“Can't remember seeing a man with longist nails.”
When I was a teenager, one of my brother’s friends who worked at a very famous restaurant in Seattle, grew his thumb nail VERY long, TO USE TO SCRAPE CRUD OFF THE WALLS. Grossed me out so bad I wouldn’t even eat at that restaurant again.
“My only problem is people who assume that they aren't real.”
I agree, I hate that. One of the reasons why I don’t use polish. Used to bug the bejabbers out of me when the fake hair extensions came in, and everyone started tugging on mine to test it. Before that, some moron actually tried pulling my eyelashes thinking they were fake. That stuff frickin hurts! And I am glad that those with real nails are attempting to straighten out the fallacy that if they are long you can’t do anything. If they are strong, you can actually do more. I am reminded of that every time my kid wants me to start the orange for her (peeling it) LOL, or even getting a lot of packages open. I am always hearing “thumb Mom” LOL But there is no excuse for them not to be clean. Even after a day of having my hands in blackberries, I just bleach the stains off.
But yesterday I came up with a situation I was curious as to what people would say about. I have very long nails, and I got bored and let my daughter polish them. While working in the yard the polish got chipped, but I also slashed my thumb at the base of the nail when I hit a piece of broken glass. Now what? Do I go through the pain of getting polish remover in the slash, cover the one nail with a bandaid til it heals enough? What? LOL We’ll see what people say before I tell what I ended up doing LOL
 terminallycute
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:45:25 AM
(admires my manicure)

i love them!!
 Catwm
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:46:47 AM
Male or female really long nails are not functional. I dont know about the rest of the women, but I have to work with my hands ( yard, vehicle taking care of a house alone ect.... ).

Nice clean nails short on a man.

Nice clean nails not to long on a woman.

I do not like the fake stuff women wear. My sister has been wearing those fake things for years and they have ruined her real nails.
 slayerizer
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:12:19 AM
I think its sexy,long red nails to go with their red lipstick(doesnt need to be red just using it as an example)I think like lipstick or maskara or fake lashes it just exagerates the beauty more.I think its pretty hot,but would I care if her nails were short,no couldnt care less
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:19:01 AM
turn off.

yuck

on both men and women.. yuck...
just think of how they could wipe themselves
and not get any under the nails.
eww.

I wouldnt even let a man or women make me a sandwich if they had long nails.
 mrjcs25
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:25:16 AM
Long nail are a turn off.

Mike
 slayerizer
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:39:13 AM
dont suppose there are a lot of restaraunts that have cooks with 2 inch nails
 terminallycute
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:57:06 AM

just think of how they could wipe themselves
and not get any under the nails.
eww.

I use toilet tissue thank you very much!!!

not to mention most of us wash our hands with soap and water afterwards...eeash!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Long nails....Turn on or turn off?