Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Long nails....Turn on or turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ctrydancer
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Long nails....Turn on or turn off?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I've had my nails manicured for about a year now. Wouldn't be without it. They are all rounded and not more than 3/4 of an inch. They are not cracked, chipped and all are even. I love having my hands played with. Looks clean to have them painted. When I worked in a restaurant, they were the same size but needed light colors, no reds. Color coordinate with certain outfits.

My ex was a welder and his nails were disqusting and black... I'd ask him to do dishes just to soak them. He never understood why that bothered me.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 52
Long nails....Turn on or turn off?
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:07:55 AM
Depends on the guy. I knew a guy who had long nails cuz he played flamenco guitar, that was sexy!
 GMCAcadia
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:18:17 AM
I love long nails... I love it even better when they break off in my back and afterwards she has to pull them out...

Not Fake Nails, they have to be Real, fake nails just look nasty, I don't care how new they are...
 ctrydancer
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 3:52:40 PM
Mine are short round and I can pick up money off the table....they have to be functional. Before my fake ones, I kept breaking them and they were uneven. Now if they break, I can have them finished and polished. They are stronger than my real ones. I always seem to use them as tools...lol (scrapers, pliers, screw drivers, tweezers)
 Fry Lock
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 4:46:32 PM
nah; can't put up a tent or shoot you in the ass with my paintball gun if my nails are in danger of popping off; I'd much rather have Lee Press on moles, for just such an occasion...
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/27/2006 5:40:36 PM
I trim my nails religiously. I can't stand having my nails long. Some guys have firkin' bear claws! It drives me crazy.

On women, I don't mind them unless they are really long. I can't understand why women want long nails anyway. I'd think they'd be a hassle, and guys don't really seem to care. Some women really overdo it with the nails.
 bulldog1966
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/2/2006 1:52:52 AM
I work with my hands, so long nails aren't really practical for me. I like them for women, but it just looks odd on a man.
 Little Pheonix
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/2/2006 8:19:41 PM
I keep my nails long...and have for a number of years now.You really get used to doing everything with them after a while.On men eecchh,looks pretty darn stupid,i would not feel comfortable going out with a guy who had long nails...oh and the guitar playing part...aren't picks made for that.
 Titian
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:22:45 PM
I DONT THINK THAT A MAN SHOULD HAVE LONG FINGERNAILS....THAT IS YUCK !!!!!
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:31:45 PM
I keep my nails cut short. For one, they are easier to keep clean that way. I have gotten many compliments on my nails and how clean and well groomed they are, especailly for someone who works in construction.

On a woman, I am ok with long or short nails, just as long as she doesn't have to always worry about breaking them.

As long as she keeps them clean and well groomed, it's all good.
 angie-g
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/3/2006 6:53:29 AM
I have long nails and for all you guys I dont think half of you can tell the difference between real and false if there manicured right. as for guys with long nails yuk I think they look feminine and gross on you but thats just my opinion.
 rodher
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/3/2006 7:03:53 AM
I love long nail on a woman very sexy I love EM!!!
 triech68
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/3/2006 7:12:24 AM
Blues Lover [the very shallow ones, just can't handle it]

Are you seriously saying that because a woman does not like long hair on a guy that they are shallow? There is nothing shallow about it, it is a PREFERENCE. We ALL have them, it does not make us shallow in the least.
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/3/2006 8:31:26 AM
My fingernails are longish. They used to be a lot longer in my younger days and they never really got in the way.

Someone who has always had long nails doesn't fumble around with them as much as someone who has just had some fakes put on.
 CanadaWeek
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/5/2006 12:56:08 AM
nails are nice long or short.
 fantome
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:20:09 PM
IF you can use them as screwdrivers, or for opening things, they're fine. Otherwise they are style over substance, empty vanity and in your job, a hazard. That kind of makes my point about "empty vanity". Why would an EMT want claws? You are more likey to get injured/contaminated by breaking them and more likely to injure/contaminate others because of the probablity of puncturing protective gloves and patients..
 ReD RiDinG HooD..
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:26:13 PM
i don't like long nails.

i don't like long nails on men that i am with and i don't like long nails on myself. i don't like nails too much.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/21/2006 1:04:13 AM
Long is pretty....if they're real.
Or maybe just tips.

But they are FAR from the top of my priority list, and put them in the "don't care either way" catagory.

I sometimes have slightly longer nails, but still reasonably short. And I've had them commented on. "You have better nails than me!"
Sometimes a thumb is kept slightly longer for box cutter and screwdriver purposes.

No extra long nails though, ugh.
 ctrydancer
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:29:47 PM
Haven't met anyone yet that didn't like a good back scratch.

I like my hands played with anyways. Was told that going for job interviews they look at your hands to see if you take care of your nails and they aren't dirty and have pretty hands, chances are its a good impression.

If I take the time to get my nails done, then chances are I have the time to keep them looking clean and use a brush when I do the alphabet song while washing my hands. Just because some people prefer short nails don't mean after they go to the bathroom they have better hygiene. I've seen some just rinse and go... with no soap. Why bother?
 pec
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:40:46 PM
I suppose it depends on the person you are asking, but for me.. long nails don't seem practical.. 1st it means she does not do much with her hands otherwise they couldn't get long.. 2nd it means she can't do things with her hands because her nails are long.. 3rd it means she concerns herself alot with physical appearance.. SO MUCH SO that she is willing to sacrifice the ability to do practical things..

In this sense they remind me of high heeled shoes.. What is more important? Looks or practicality?.. Thats up to each person to decide.. But for me.. I prefer the latter.. also if someone is chasing you.. high-heels really suck.. then its a matter of whats more important.. wearing trendy shoes.. or escaping a serial killer? hehe Now this is starting to remind of the bizarre new "pants that are way too big for you trend" which also prevent a swift escape or.. kicking etc.. hehe

Oh so.. Its a turn off for me.. I guess I could have just said that sorry
 sandilynne
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:00:33 PM

1st it means she does not do much with her hands otherwise they couldn't get long.. 2nd it means she can't do things with her hands because her nails are long.. 3rd it means she concerns herself alot with physical appearance.. SO MUCH SO that she is willing to sacrifice the ability to do practical things..

I work in maintenance. I have done demolition, framing, electrical, plumbing, drywall/mud, appliance repair, etc. I have worked on cars. I worked at Dofasco on motors and generators large enough to fill the average living room.

Guess what?

I have long nails! (and they are real)

Maybe one should never ASSUME?
 L`isa
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:15:37 PM
^^^^ ditto!

A lot of folks don't realize there is often a difference between what you can do with real nails versus acrylic (or otherwise manufactured) nails.
 pec
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:24:33 PM
This is true one should never assume.. I just made an educated guess.. perhaps our definition of "long nails" is different?... When mine start to grow.. I find them in the way. and cut them soon.. In the end I would never do away with a girl I was madly in love with because she had long nails.. but I still stand by my .. its unpractical.. Perhaps that is just because I don't understand the purpose of having long nails.. except maybe to break up some pot.. or for vanity purposes.. maybe as weapons? certainly not strong enough for climbing anything.. In addition they get dirt and grime under them.. you can't make a solid fist without hurting yourself which could really suck at the wrong moment.. eh I don't know.. of course "to each his own".. the question was about being turned on or off.. for me it is off.. I meant no offense..
 mysymstir
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:25:50 PM
Nails?

God bless 'em!
 travel junky
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/21/2006 3:53:12 PM
A definite turn off...especially when they're dirty....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I'm not crazy about very long nails on women either, a medium length is ok as long as they look natural. I've seen some women with nails so long they start to curve around their fingers--looks horrible. I keep mine short for typing and painting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Long nails....Turn on or turn off?