Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Unintelligent Men and Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chippergirl
Msg: 51
Unintelligent Men and WomenPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^^^A lesson about "tooting one's horn" by someone who calls himself "athletic funny3." I guess "humble athletic funny3" was taken already...lol
I agree with some previous posters about the use of tons of internet slang. Here is a quote from a n email I received from a guy that was working on his Master's degree, was 27 years old, and was a high school teacher..

"U seem kool. i have met sum kool peeps on here and I like to chill with' em. I like to go clubbin and chill. Stay kool. Holla."
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 52
Unintelligent Men and Women
Posted: 6/5/2006 7:50:13 AM
@ Secrtluvr

You're right, of course. Intelligence is not correlated with intentions of any kind, and is only measured by the mental capacity to draw links between information.

However, I wasn't referring to intentions per se. Somebody can show very poor judgement without intentions of any kind, especially if their perception has been twisted by higher authorities. Especially in cases when these people stood aside and watched evil do its deeds. In a way, you can say they're victims of indecision. I say they're idiots.

And, intelligence is linked to the ability to make good judgements. Those two are highly correlated.
 ~Juggernaut~
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/5/2006 7:50:28 AM
An unintelligent person is someone who thinks they know everything. an intelligent person is someone who learns something everyday.
 Karn_Evil_9
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/5/2006 7:58:03 AM
An unintelligent person is a person who thinks they know everything which really pisses off people like me who really do know everything
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/5/2006 8:04:24 AM
msg 54...
please do not confuse someone being intelligent with having good
judgement... or being a good person
 secrtluvr
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/5/2006 8:09:18 AM
Angie you're the mistress of nuances of meaning. And if you are nineteen, well I am awestruck.,,,
 twistedmourning
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:20:19 AM

"U seem kool. i have met sum kool peeps on here and I like to chill with' em. I like to go clubbin and chill. Stay kool. Holla."

Thats funny. Me**** you jane,me want to jumpa your bones.

I wonder what his major was primal interaction!

See it's guys like that who give us "normal intelligent" horndogs a bad rep.

Did I really use "horndog" in a sentence. Ok "Lower intelligence"
 athletic_funny3
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:03:22 AM
MSG 53

I didn't think that telling people i'm athletic and funny was tooting my own horn but I guess it could be considered as such.

People on here who are constantly laughing at other peoples posts always strike me as lacking the intellect to realize that this behavior shows insecurity.
 twistedmourning
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:31:52 AM
Msg 60
Now see disagree with you. I think people that dont laugh here are the ones that take themselves way to seriously and need to lighten up. Humor is great medicine.
I like the people who can laugh at just about everything but at a moments notice understand when it's time to be serious. I think thats gift of intelligence that is often overlooked!
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:40:28 AM
@ msg 57

please don't confuse the quality of judgement with humanity

@msg 58

picky I am :)
 woozoo
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:42:23 AM
Intelligence is something you are born with. You have it, or you don't. Being un-intelligent does not make you a bad person. It's just that some things come harder for you. Intelligent people have things that come harder for them too. Nobody's perfect.

For me unintelligent is:
A person that speaks without thinking things through.
A person that speaks/reads/writes at a 3rd grade level.
A person that requires an explaination 10 times... and still doesn't get it.
A man that mis-treats his woman / A woman that mis-treats her man.

Actually this topic is subjective not objective.
 MoonWalrus
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:42:48 AM
An intelligent person is someone with Asbergers Syndrome or exibits traits that are similar to it. Many nerds have this syndrome. Social graces tend to be lacking in these people and they dont get many jokes! The second way of being considered intelligent is by scoring a 140 or above on an IQ Test. This allows you to become a member of Mensa. A final way of being considered intelligent is to be "extremely creative". Michelangelo, Picasso, and most chess grandmasters tend to fit into this category.
 chippergirl
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:43:02 AM
athletic funny, get over yourself dude....I am a member of MENSA.

twistedmourning, thank you
 purplestardust101
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:54:01 AM
Unintelligent to me is someone...either man or woman...that takes pride in putting other's down...doesn't take to much intelligence to do that for me..sorry...just my opinion...
~MIcheline~
 knoxjbp
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/5/2006 11:11:58 AM
Unintelligent people are those who lack the capacity to learn; i.e. know it alls.

knoxjbp
 athletic_funny3
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/5/2006 11:40:34 AM
msg 65

GEt over myself?? I didn't comment about myself so what are you talking about?

Member of MENSA?? I doubt it. Lacking compassion definately.

Most geniuses I know are incredibley down to earth. They are bright enough to realize that life is much easier if you do not display any aers of superiority.

msg 60

Laughing and laughing at others are 2 different things. Don't put words in my mouth.
 chippergirl
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/5/2006 11:52:11 AM
I do not think that I am better than anyone...As far as my belonging to MENSA, you can think whatever you want. It really doesn't matter to me
 knoxjbp
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:09:12 PM

I didn't think that telling people i'm athletic and funny was tooting my own horn but I guess it could be considered as such.

I hear ya man. What I especially find amusing is obese women putting down men who openly take an interest in their physical well being. (note this is not; and I stress not a shot at anyone in particular; some heffers take any dispersion against the horizontally challenged as a personal insult)

I should also have included in my unintelligent list anyone who allows their body to fall in extreme disrepair.

knoxjbp
 twistedmourning
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:40:21 PM
lol, Hey this is gettin fun.
Yes, Im a genius and Im not ashamed of it. My IQ is 161. Or was that 61. No it was definately 161, wait, or was that my weight in High school? No it was 155 thats it.
Actually in school they seaparated us into three groups(talk about creating stereotypes)
Group 1 MGM=Mentally gifted mind. Group 2= the normies and groups 3= the druggie low lifes call "Life Research Class" Guess which one I was in. Yep, Life research. And proud of it. Learned alot about life in that class thats for sure. It wasnt until college that I learnd being smart was a curse.

msg 60
Laughing and laughing at others are 2 different things. Don't put words in my mouth.

Uh, dude, Msg 60 is your own post.I was 61. Im not taking note or anything. You just need to check your references. Unless of course you are talking to yourself. Which is fine, I do it all the time.
And I would never put anything in your mouth. C'mon man, I learned that in "Life Research"
 Trishnaa
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:47:41 PM
"Most geniuses I know are incredibley down to earth. They are bright enough to realize that life is much easier if you do not display any aers of superiority."

That is so true.The most intelligent people are often the most humble people you could find.

ALso....Athletic_funny3===> what's up with overweight women bashing you in almost all your posts.You are annoying more than half the population here it seems...lol...

][KAOS][
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:58:46 PM

What according to you is an unintelligent person?

Approx. 50% of POF posters.
 arri
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:03:08 PM

Approx. 50% of POF posters.

You are being generous
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:09:14 PM
^^^ I know.......Shhhhhhhhhhh...
 chippergirl
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:17:00 PM
lol twistedmourning lmfao
 Poet102781
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:59:32 PM
MENSA shmensa...im apart of the American A$$hloe league...pi$$ing of MENSA members since 1990!!

Seriously...you can have the highest degree know to man...and you can still be as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Unintelligent Men and Women