Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is with the "never call again" crap and why do we put up with it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 151
what is with the never call again crap and why do we put up with it?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I usually just assume that he actually WASN'T single. & try to learn from it for the next time.
It's happened to me 2x now. & I now know the warning signs for me.

Wow...who in the hell are you? And what are you doing in my head? That is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Yeah, happened to me twice and I'm convinced that they were both married. I'm VERY cautious now. EXTREMELY cautious. Does that mean the next three men I meet pay for it? Probably. Can't be helped. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
 cabman86
Msg: 152
what is with the never call again crap and why do we put up with it?
Posted: 9/18/2006 6:09:09 PM
you asked him to marry you didnt you
 66mustanggal
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2006 4:48:36 PM
Cougar it has happened to me more times than I care to think of. don't think you are alone
 66mustanggal
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2006 4:53:04 PM
nunnery is starting to sound good to me too.
 scorpiossting
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/11/2006 4:06:51 AM
Amen to that!! lol Can u believe i fell for it again...............from the same guy.............he contacted me again.............said he was going through some stuff............i stupidly believed him..............a month went by of seeing each other and texting and calling and then POOF............gone once again..............with no explanation.............won't answer my calls or emails.................I friggin give up.............how retarded am I?? lol
 PulaskiLady
Msg: 156
Posted: 10/11/2006 4:25:22 AM
You are not alone. It has happened to me before, too. Recently, in fact.
I met a guy on here that lives just 23 miles from me.
We sent each other emails and talked on the phone for a week and then visited me.

He stayed only long enough for a cup of coffee and said he had to go. Later that day he called and said he hopes things will work out.
Well, the next day he called and said he wanted to break things off because " his doctor said he should not get involved in a relationship with anyone." And he said 'he was no good for anyone." Sheesh!
He is a liar because he is still here on POF.

Oh well, better luck next time....
 bigearl777
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/11/2006 6:03:51 AM
I promise you---women do the same thing. It has happened to me twice. They just ignore you and guess what------you will go away. I think we owe each other some sort of response even if it is a "kiss off", but then, I try to have manners and treat others like I want to be treated.
 Targus169
Msg: 158
Posted: 10/11/2006 6:51:12 AM
Yep I agree too. I dont mind at all when they blow me off In email, chat ect, or after phone calls however long, as we havent even met so Its nothing just people killing time. I dont mind If they blow me off after one date If It was obv there was no connection for me, them or both. If I thought there was just a brief sorry not feelin It this end would be nice ( 2 lines via email ) but hey, unless I contacted them why even bother.. kinder not to send that If you dont even know If the other party will contact. Just let It go.

What worries me Is when everythings going fine and you actually know each other as people and connect on a deep level... THEN they run no words .. no explanation .. not even a sorry I changed my mind dont want to speak anymore. Thats a cowards exit and one I do mind I .. MIND A LOT
 true_north
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2006 10:17:27 AM
So i'm not the only one.

Word of advice, be more considered with those that stick than those that piss of , disappear or whatever.
 Lost_Soul81
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2006 12:29:00 PM
Dont take it personally. One of the last girls I dated, she was 23 (not getting into any more details) pulled the same exact thing. Evrything was going fantastic, dated once or twice a week since we met at this club that I usually frequent. EVerything was going fantastic for 2 months, and she even professed how much she liked me. Intimacy and our sex life was great too... cant make any complaints. The last time we met we went out for steak dinner and wine, and a movie. That was the last time I saw her again! The next time we were supposed to meet up, she flaked out by never calling. I ended up calling her 2 days later to reschedule and she made two dates that she wanted to see me in. She flaked on those two days again, and I figured she must be just playing around (or playing ME) lol needless to say, I never called her again, but its not only men who use this flaky tactic women like to do it too. Like they dont owe you any kind of explanation or something. I still dont know what happened, but at this point I couldnt really care less anyways.
 theo_00
Msg: 161
Posted: 10/11/2006 5:32:53 PM
Yeah I hear ya dude, first internet date I ever had did this to me. For about a week I was bewildered. Then I just stopped giving a rats A$$. Anyways long story short people who do this sort of thing are never worth it.
 Lost_Soul81
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2006 12:00:44 AM
Look I just say that you shouldnt care all that much. Caring a bit is okay, but you cant ever trust anyone 100% and dont put your trust in anyone too quickly. You know the whole eggs in a basket thing? I say have a couple of baskets in case you drop one or it accidentally drops out of the picture, you get the idea. Seems to me that the more women you lead on a string the more tend to come along anyways.
 midknightrider
Msg: 163
Posted: 10/12/2006 12:19:17 AM
You either put out and he got what he wanted, or you didn't put out quick enough! The end()()
 angelsbreath
Msg: 164
Posted: 10/12/2006 1:10:17 AM
this has jus happened happened to me ive texed left messages on here an i no hes read them it is very frustrateing basicly it started over something trivial but 4 a man not to have the courage an commen decentcy to even jus type (thanks but no) is just plain rude in my book
 prof48
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/12/2006 10:05:49 AM

I usually just assume that he actually WASN'T single.

You may be assuming too much. Of course that is one possibility and statistically it counts for about 1/3 of the people on most free dating sites. Still there are many reasons a man might drop the ball. Some of them may have to do with you. They may be dating more than you and found that they wanted to focus on someone else. I've been on dates that I thought were great but learned in the process that there were certain qualities the other person expected that I didn't measure up to. I generally don't waste my time telling someone I don't fit their target list and even if they thought I was hot enough to make me an exception, down the road when that ardor cools, the "issue" will still be there.
 Cocoacamino
Msg: 166
Posted: 10/12/2006 2:02:46 PM
Its happened to me zillions of times......so I just learned to never have expectations or think I'm in a relationship. Although......it still makes me feel nauseous that guys can kiss people they aren't interested in. Blechhh!
 true_north
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2006 3:14:55 PM
Yes, meet with no expectations, good or bad, no emotional rollercoaster.

If things go good, great; bad put it back on the shelf or throw it back in.
 Beauwood
Msg: 168
Posted: 10/12/2006 3:25:47 PM
Maybe the guy lost interest and just doesn't have the courage to make the call. I am not sticking up for him or saying it's right. In fact, I think it is wrong and a real man would stand up, say how he feels and not leave the woman hanging. Just my take on things.
 edgemont
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2006 3:49:57 PM
I agree with 1972edition, if you like a woman you want to do things for her, and be with her. Some women are not use to that, and it seems to frighten them, when you TRY to treat them like a lady.That is where communication comes in (talk to each other) some guys can change but it does'nt happen overnight give him some time (and a reminder) once in awhile.
That is what you have in a relationship is TIME. Why are people always in a hurry slow down and enjoy life. Unless you want 2 different things from the relationship.
 rentman758
Msg: 170
Posted: 10/12/2006 3:53:59 PM
Happens to all of us, male & female. Just had a women want to meet me, had talked several times. When I called to get final directions to the meeting place, she hung up on me. Go figure.
 phrannymoo
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/12/2006 4:23:27 PM
I read that book too..."Why men love ****es"....I absolulty loved it. so much that I read it back to back twice...I ate it up in a week-end..Couldn't put it down...Boy was I making all the common mistakes too...It's a real eye opener..I would recommend all girls to read it..
 chase59
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/12/2006 8:24:33 PM
why are you single? You are a cutie and should be with a wonderful lady. I know a lot of my friends who are your age and younger that would kill for a guy like you...always the way isn't it, thousands of miles apart..:)
 prof48
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/14/2006 4:12:04 PM

why are you single? You are a cutie and should be with a wonderful lady. I know a lot of my friends who are your age and younger that would kill for a guy like you

I think my ego is big enough to assume that you were asking me.

In reality there are thousands of reasons, or at least one for every woman that I have potentially considered. I think when it comes down to it, I made a number of very bad choices in my dating and marriage life. I'd love to be married but I'm even more certain I don't want to go through another divorce. (I've been through more than one--been cheated on and had my daughter physically and emotionally abused) So it takes more than eagerness on the part of the lady. Indeed, if she's that eager, I wonder if she's thought through all the issues I have--they include significant health issues, intellectual demands and social compatability as well as fairly exacting relationship expectations regarding my exceptional child.

Now if my ego created a faux pa and you weren't referring to me let me step into a corner while the world beats the ... out of me. Perhaps it is because I feed off of flattery.

Alana2
Msg: 174
Posted: 10/14/2006 4:25:49 PM

this is normal for men.. they sleep with you then poof they got what they wanted and well they dont car about the womens needs or what she might be going through. i was so hurt i felt like a whore.

Well, you were a whore of course, when you volunteered to have sex with him. So why expect to be treated like a lady?

Respect yourself, or nobody else will.
 arc32
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2006 7:19:38 PM
This has already happened to me and I just joined a month ago? I thought I was the only one...I'm gald this thread is here because it doesn't make me feel so bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > what is with the "never call again" crap and why do we put up with it?