Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Genuinebeauty1964
Msg: 101
Guy I met online keeps asking for moneyPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Block him and stop getting invloved with outta the country chats...he is looking for a SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!GUARENTEED your not his only victim..
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:51:25 PM
Happens to me all the time... meet these great women and all they do is ask me for money...lol... but seriously... this thing has got SCAM written all over it... block the loser and run a mile!!
 Crystal Mermaid
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:10:10 PM
It's called manipulation, and preying on the vulnerable and insecure......dunno what the stats are....but I'm sure if the email aka form letter gets sent out to a thousand addresses.. there are at least a couple of people who are taken in by it..... never ceases to amaze me that still in this day and age there are people who give in to these scams.....funny thing is....the internet has made the world a very smalll place... do these con artists not think for a minute that we "talk amongst ourselves" and share these stories? hmmmmm duhhhhhhhh

Runnnnnn Awayyyyyyy
 Mr. Right For You
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:19:19 PM
Advance fee fraud, often also known as the Nigerian money transfer fraud, Nigerian scam or 419 scam after the relevant section of the Nigerian Criminal Code that it violates, is a fraudulent scheme to extract money from victims after making them believe they will get an immense fortune. Victims are requested to pay an upfront fee before their purported fortune is released. Advance fee fraud is a subtype of the confidence game commonly referred to as "The Spanish Prisoner." All con games of this type involve the mark making an upfront payment in order to secure the promise of a reward that is somehow tied up.

These scams have come to be associated in the public mind with Nigeria due to the massive proliferation of such confidence tricks from that country since the mid-eighties, although they are often also carried out in other African nations, including Togo, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Benin, Liberia, Sierra Leone and South Africa, and increasingly from European cities with large West African populations, notably London, Amsterdam and Madrid, and lately also Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Canada.

Originally, the schemers contacted mainly heads of companies and church officials. However, the use of e-mail spam and instant messaging for the initial contacts has led to many private citizens also being targeted, as the cost to the scammers to make initial contact is much lower.

Another recent variation of the scheme involves the use of fake cashier's checks to pay for high-value items in Internet auctions. The scammer sends a check for more than the purchase price asking that part of the money be forwarded to a 'shipper' or 'freight forwarder' after the funds have cleared. This will usually happen quickly as banking practice assumes that banks are liquid at all times and that there is no credit risk. The vendor will only discover that the check was fraudulent and the transaction has been voided a few days later, by which time the intermediary will in most cases have been paid.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:23:21 PM
No mention of the obvious from me, you don't need to hear it again...
I'm with Chicago, I start messin with them. I especially love the one about how they went to Nigeria for work, their contract ended, they were going to fly out the next day and they got robbed and beaten up in their hotel room, now their ticket, money and everything else is gone, they are getting kicked out of their hotel room, so on and so on. I get that one at least once a week, and oh yea, whoever get's IM's from the African Prince, he's mine dammit, he messaged me first, said he was gonna make me his Princess... Please these stories are so phony and stupid, I just love fuqqin with them... Comeon, if everything is gone, how the hell are they getting online and talking to me??? Puh lease...
 GOLDILOCKS
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:50:44 AM
For any of you who still aren't buying this........ go online and check out Nigerian Schemes and Article 419. There is a world of knowledge at your fingertips. If something doesn't seem right - check it out.

The reason these guys are from those countries is because the U.S. has no recourse to prosecute them. Straight from the lips of an FBI Investigator.

RUN>>>>>>>>>>>>>> !!!!
 Spywholuvsu
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:16:47 AM
I don't know but my situation left me confused and hurt.

I met a guy and he wanted to see me exclusively and took his profile off. We were just together a little while when he asked to borrow money(4000.), and then when I couldn't he wanted me to ask my aging father. He also wanted to borrow some of my son's things (21 yr old son).

He didn't introduce me to people and he made me feel old, ugly and used. On top of everything he kept something that belonged to my mother that I accidentally left in his car. (my mother died recently)

I am a good person and didnt deserve this. And I told him to hit the road. But he wouldnt leave til the morning.

However, I do feel uncomfortable dating and I see him online here and wonder if he was just in a bad situation or if he really wanted to take what he could get from me.

I am not a perfect 10 but I am not a 0 either. I am a single mother who works hard and doesnt get child support for my son's who attend university. I dont have anything to give except love, friendship or a listening ear.

I yi yi.
 sillyatheart3
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:20:32 AM
NEVER GIVE MONEY TO ANYONE NOT EVEN A FRIEND OR YOU WILL NOT HELP THEM IN THE END. A PERSON MUST LEARN TO WORK FOR THERE FOOD. YOUR THEY ARE HUNGRY.. SO DONT TAKE THIS AWAY. OR YOU WILL HURT THEM MORE.
 NiceWoman2
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:34:17 AM
I KNOW YOUR NOT THAT PRESSED, JUST BLOCK HIM YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL TO HIM WE ALL WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY, BUT HE'S A CON.
 SebringSilverCorvette
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:00:14 AM
Dont fall for his line of Crap, delete him.
He's a liar, and a scum bag ,sounds like a guy that would steal his Grannys last nickle.
 kamikazekate
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:17:33 AM
what I can't believe is that you'd HAVE TO ASK! Is this a serious thread, or somebody just wanting to see how many people would post? I can't believe it's a real thread, it's such an obvious answer!

But: just in case the OP is that naive... BLOCK & REPORT THE GUY IMMEDIATELY! JEEZE!!
 nervouswrecked
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 2:02:54 PM
if you had any doubt....you would not have posted this thread.....by no means give him a penny, and block him from e-mailing you....or change your screename.....get away from him like yesterday.........never take anyone at heart who ask you for money or anything else. he will drain you of every dime you have. if he wants to come home, he can contact the us ambassy and the will help him.........
 sweetgapeach33
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:54:41 PM
Please be careful me and my sister have been scammed from nigeria me twice within a month and her three times please be extremely careful if it seems too good to be true it probably is
 fintek
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:06:40 PM
Anyone who asks for money should be dumped immediately......
 medana
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:25:55 PM
ok, sicne u guys want to have fun wtih these scammers, i am posting some of the lastest i got... i mean in yahoo this stuff is growing, i used to get one a few months, now i get 4-5 a week!...

i am posting some here, so if any of you want to go ahead and email them, or play with them, get them mad as hell, i'll be happy!!! he he he... just email me and let me know so i can laugh also!

here goes one:

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:08:35 -0700
Subject: Please attend immediately.

Good Day
I got your contact through an email directory and decided to contact you
for assistance. I am the daughter of Jonas Savimbi, the rebel leader in
Angola who was shot dead on the 25th of February 2002, by the opposing
AngolanArmy.
Before the death of my father, he deposited the sum of eight million Nine
hundred thousand dollars ($8,900,000.00) only in a finance/security Company
abroad. My father handed all the legal documents for the deposit to the
family attorney (Dr.Carlos Pedro) in trust and for safe keeping for the
family. Also, after the death of my father, my family and I fled to
Nigeria-West
Africa where we are currently living, before that, take a look at this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1839000/1839252.stm
So, we want you to help us make claims of this fund ($8.9M) from the
Finance/securitcompany
abroad as you standing as my family beneficiary and transfer the money
to your nominate account or any account of your choice for that matter
before I and my family can get Visas to fly down to your country for mutual
sharing of the money. My family has agree to give you 30% for your
anticipated
assistance and 60% would be for us (my family) and the remaining 10%would
be set aside for any expenses that we may incure during the course of this
transaction. My family share of 60% would be invested in your country Iany
profitable business proposed by you. We have never met, but I want to trust
you and please do not let my family down by sitting on this money when
itfinally
gets into your account. Please, treat this as Confidential and
Reply to stella_savimbi@myway.com
Best Regards,
Miss. Stella Savimbi
 medana
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:28:23 PM
here goes another one:

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:01:08 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
Subject: ACKNOWLEDGE PLS

ACKNOWLEDGE PLS

INTERNATIONAL LOTERY PRIMITIVA
INTERNATIONAL AWARD,
C/DIAGO N0 45,28805
MADRID SPAIN.
Ref: BN71/663-07SP5/034
Batch: 181-
001-PY626

NOTIFICATION AWARD
Dear Winner,
We
gladly announce to you the draw (€989) of the EL-PRIMITIVA NATIONAL
LOTERY, online Sweepstakes International program held on Friday,
12th
of May 2006 .Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:
2203-8811-
09033 with Serial number 7727/B03 drew the lucky numbers:
55-00-986-
140-B7-2 (bonus no.), which subsequently won you the lottery
in the
2nd category as match 5 plus bonus. You have therefore been
approved
to claim a total sum of 680,000.00 (SIX Hundred And Eighty Thousand
Euros) in cash credited to file KTU/802055349/707. This is from a
total cash prize of 1,200,000 euros shared amongst the first four (3 )
lucky winners in this category as Match 5 plus bonus. All participants
for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web
sites
through computer draw system and extracted from over 250,000
unions,
associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.
This promotion
takes place once in year. Please note that your lucky
winning number falls
within our European booklet representative office
in Europe as indicated in
your play coupon. In view of this, your
680,000,00 (Six Hundred And Eighty Euros)
could be released to you by
any of our payment offices in Europe.
Our agent will immediately
commence the process to facilitate the
release of your funds as soon as
you contact him. For security reasons, you
are advised to keep your
winning information confidential till your claim is
processed and your
money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to
claim your
prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double
claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned, that
all
claim well not been more then 21Days. To file for your claim,
please contact
our fiduciary agent: Congratulation
MR. KIKO PABLO
TEL:
0034-675-363-794
Email:frenados@netscape.net
Yours faithfully,
MRS.
MARTA ANTONIO
Online coordinator for
INTERNATIONAL
LOTERY S.P

(these days they r either people dying w no heirs for their fortunes, lottery winners, the whole politically oppressed saga and so on)
 medana
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:33:39 PM
and one more! i noticed that for many of these, the 'to' email address 9which would be mine) isn't showing, which means the email was sent bcc to who knows how many. in this case, the person sent it to themselves, then got to me bcc, obviously, since it isnt showing my email addy?

but some of them do email one person at a time, i noticed that also. i guess they try different scenarios to convince u that 'this one' is real...

-------

To: bridggiew3@hotmail.com
Subject: From Mrs Bridggie Williams.
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 2104 +0000

From Mrs Bridggie Williams.

Dear One,

For sure this mail would definitely come to you as a surprise, but do take
your good time to go through it before disposing it, as I mean well.This is
not one of those unsolicited SCAM emails ln briefy introduction, l am Mrs
Bridggie Williams a nationality of Philippine .

I am married to Mr. Chima Williams who worked with Filippino embassy in
Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year 2001. We were married
for eleven years without a child. he died after a brief illness that lasted
for only four days. Before his death we were living together in good
harmony.

When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum ofUSD$6.5Million (Six
Million Five hundred thousand U.S. Dollars) in one of good security company
here in COTE D' IVOIRE. Presently, this money is with the security company.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months
due to cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having
known my condition I decided to donate this fund to Orphanages (less
privilages) or to an individual that will utilize this money the way I am
going to instruct here acording to my desire. I needed good and God fearing
partner that will use this fund for the helping orphanages, Research centres
and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God
is maintained.

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this
money and my husband's relatives are not Christians and never loved me for
once through out my marriage expereince with my late husband. therefore,I
don't want my family hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers. I don't
want a situation whereby this money will be used in an ungodly manner. Hence
the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I
know where I am going to.

I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health
as my Medical Doctor advised and because of the presence of my family
relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this
development.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the security
company who will assist you and work with you concerning the deposited money
in the security company. I will also issue you a letter of authority that
will empower you as my partner and the beneficiary of the money. I want you
to always pray for me, My happiness is that I lived a life of a aged mother
and worthy Christian.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in looking for contact for this
same purpose. Please assure me that you will act Accordingly as I stated
here.

Thanks and God bless,
Mrs Bridggie Williams.
 Lnstarkiss
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:19:26 PM
One of my neighbors passed away several years ago. Two months later, I received a letter from a prestigious law firm in my city. It indicated my neighbor had left me a small bequest for my kindnesses throughout his last illness. I was to call the attoney that was the executor for the estate for an appointment in order that he could fulfill the bequest. The difficulty was my neighbor had eight children, and I knew his eldest was an attorney and the executor of the estate. I called the legitimate executor, and he said several of his father's friends had received the same letter. I agreed to keep the appointment, and as requested, took a cashier's check for $895 to cover administrative costs. In return, I was given what appeared to be a cashier's check for $5,000, supposedly the amount of the bequest. The attorney claimed to be at the courthouse that day and asked if we could meet at a coffee shop. I handed over the check to law enforcement officers in the parking lot, and as the bogus attorney left, he was arrested. The guy had been pulling the same scam for several years. The moral of my tale is that con artists can be everywhere.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:13:50 PM
So, is Toni waiting to get more responses from those of us that are neither naive nor insecure or any of the other terms people used on here, because Toni is really that guy from Nigeria who's been sending those e mails and messages and is simply compiling a list of people he couldnt otherwise convince of his stories?
All kidding aside, Toni, Tony, Tone'... Please don't feel you need to buy anyone's love or attention and don't ever let anyone intimidate you to the point of questioning your suspicions, gut feelings and decisions, they are there for a reason.
p.s. when you are paying for it, there's actually another term for it, and it's not love...
 Clelo
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:49:04 AM
Obiously your feelings are invested. I had the same situation twice from the same country. I just put them on the unwanted mail list. Do not chat with him,and in that way he can not ask you for money. Are you rich or something? If yes, help the children or the animals that can not help themselves. This man has some nerve. Does not even deserve an explanation. What are you going to say " sorry I work for my money, and you are a snake using the internet to manipulate lonely women who are desperetely looking company. I am not that desperate. I can find it for free". I think totally ignoring these so called "wise guys" is the best thing to do.
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/20/2006 9:46:40 AM
lol amazing what ppl say no a days to get what they want !!!!!
i would have blocked him after the first time he asked me .........but u said u have told him no many times !!!!...why r u setting yourself up then ?.......he just wants u to give in and feel sorry for him ........
 chocolade
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/20/2006 10:36:03 AM
its a shame scams, fraud, corruption and everything negative have being tied to nigeria. once i tell people where i am from i am either viewed as a thief or a potential thief. nigeria does not even appear on the instant message thingy. a few bad eggs have spoilt the name of the majority. mind you not all these scammers are from nigeria. some are from europeans and americans. people readily jump to the conclusion therefore that any of these mails are from the african continent, and nigeria in particular.
africa was never a haven for corruption until the white man invaded it under the guise of colonization. she keeps being exploited and duped till today through "free trade and globalization". did i hear what goes around comes around!!!!
 Hedonist13
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/20/2006 10:49:43 AM
TRUST ME!!! From one woman to another, tell him the only thing you'll give him is the ' ping' sound from your aluminum baseball bat!

A woman's best friend is her bank account. As cynical as it may sound, it's the truth. DO NOT send this guy money! In fact, tell him to piss off and never contact you again!

IF YOU GIVE IN TO THIS LOW-LIFE, YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND MARK THIS DOWN IN YOUR DIARY AS ONE OF THE MOST FOOLISH THINGS YOU'VE EVER DONE.
 GOLDILOCKS
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/22/2006 2:48:12 PM
TO CHOCOLADE:
nigeria does not even appear on the instant message thingy

No one is attacking you or your country. I think most people on here are sincere and adult enough that they would not hold your nationality, culture or family tree against you. Never be ashamed of who you are or where you come from. Be loved for who you are.

These men identify themselves as being Nigerian/or being in Nigeria. Put Nigerian Money Schemes into your computer search engine and/or call the American Embassy and they will update you on the reasons for the attitude of all the ladies on here who have been duped by these guys. The reason they transfer money through that country is because there are no laws of protection between the two. These men could be from anywhere. They just launder their money through Nigeria.
 johnnygage
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/22/2006 3:19:24 PM
chocolade

relax man, you think youre the only ones that go through the stereo typing, How about Italians and people think we are all connected to the mob? Or Middle eastern people and Terrorism, or Chinese people cant drive, or all African Americans play basketball,dances and are hung like a horse

see what im saying ?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money