Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WHERE have all the cowboys gone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Splinter
Msg: 51
view profile
History
WHERE have all the cowboys gone?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If you find any let me know. There aren't a lot of men out there like that or they are married.
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 52
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/13/2006 4:46:15 PM
well thank you "mam"

its funny reading what everybody thinks a cowboy is and none of them even have a picture of themselve's with a horse and yes i know alot of "wanna-be's" the ones that that say they are in total control of their horse"DUH" there is no such thing I tell people its not "if" you fall off its "when" and there is a difference between falling off and getting thrown off I've lost count but anyway being what I am is by choice and to dine own self be true because just a cowboy or even a human being comes from only one place your heart somebody said watch that movie "rustlers rapsody" NOT !!! jack palance in "city slickers" would be more correct john wayne didn't even like horses and I ain't never going to see "brokeback mountain" and you'll notice i don't have to wear a cowboy hat in public cause i don't have to tell everybody who i am I already know who I am but out on trail it sure keeps the sun out of your eye's and keeps you face from getting scratched up from tree branches i'd like to see a ball cap do that

my wife died almost 15 years ago and your right it takes a certian type of woman to put up with a cowboy's honesty and tell it like it is attitude thats probally why i'm still single
 pickem
Msg: 53
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/13/2006 6:21:03 PM
yes there is an art to falling off a horse...lol... most often it has been the one point landing... as for movies, the horse whisperer might have been an entertaining flick but it really didn't have too much to do with monty roberts... thought seabicuit was great though... really got to the heart of the relationship between man and horse
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 54
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/13/2006 6:25:44 PM
Kind of funny that I am looking for a cowboy but have never ridden a horse !!!!!

Anyone want to teach me how to ride??? ..........gotta hurry I am leaving on Friday ..........

catchumcowboy
Msg: 55
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/13/2006 8:24:23 PM
yes there is an art to falling off a horse...lol... most often it has been the one point landing... as for movies, the horse whisperer might have been an entertaining flick but it really didn't have too much to do with monty roberts... thought seabicuit was great though... really got to the heart of the relationship between man and horse

yep so true i was asked once if i was a horse whisperer i said "No i don't talk to them i listen to them and lets not forget "Black beauty the one made in "94 that one makes me cry another good one is Bite the bullet with gene hackman 1976 makes hildago look like a woos
 tattat
Msg: 56
view profile
History
WHERE have all the cowboys gone? There hide'n out
Posted: 6/13/2006 9:17:55 PM
Actually the best way to find a cowboy is to be a lady first ....That attracts cowboys like a moth to a fire. and a real cowboy will always give a lady a second look rather than a loose woman. It's somthing that tells him that woman will stick by him and that's what he wants. Any man can find a woman to sleep w/ when he needs comfort ,but what ropes him in is a woman that is in his best intrest someone he dont have to tell them he loves her every day to secure her. He wants a woman that is secure. One who can recognize he loves her by the way she feels when hes close to her , when he holds her, cares for her and makes love to her. I could tell you all day I love you, but if you dont see it in my eyes or feel it in my touch you'll never feel secure that i do . Its no secret, Its just honest, truth, loyalty, The man could be a dusty mess and you would make no mind to how he looked if he was that man , would you? A man like that you never have to worry about. But first you have to ask yourself, are you that kind of woman?
 parallax
Msg: 57
view profile
History
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/13/2006 9:41:54 PM
@ catchum

I have never laid claim to be a cowboy, in the strict definition of the word. The job’s never had an appeal to me.

However, I believe that you are being a bit too dismissive of one of the Dukes. I will take the bait on this issue. John Wayne was not a cowboy, by your definition, but he was an icon that helped popularize a cowboy image. It was this cowboy image that I was thinking about when I wrote my previous post, not the strict definition of the term.

John Wayne, the actor, portrayed a lot of ‘cowboy’ characters, but I believe that he also gave cowboys a lot of character, as well. The people that he portrayed most often had a defined sense of generosity, integrity, personal responsibility, honor, and respect. As far as I have been able to learn, he lived those values himself, and taught (and expected) those values in people around him. John Wayne was able to give an image to these positive life traits, and I don’t think ‘cowboys’ should be too dismissive of him for using their vocation to provide a showcase for these traits.

Patrick Wayne was one of the key comedic actors in “Rustler’s Rhapsody,” and used a play on his father’s characterizations as part of the major joke in the movie. I thought it was funny; I wish no disrespect towards actual cowboys.
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 58
What is a real cowboy/some words of wisdom for your search
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:05:47 AM
to Wanna-be
heres something you can use for refrence
Cowboy Romance

Now, listen to me, Ladies, if courtship's on your mind,
When it comes to pickin' cowboys, beware of what you'll find!
They'll make you fall in love with them if you give them half a chance,
But there are certain cowboys that don't know much 'bout romance.
They're used to ridin' all alone and not sayin' very much,
And most of their communicatin's done through just a touch.
They're most comfortable praisin' you the way they would their horse,
And I will tell you this without remorse:
"I'll never understand just what you ladies want from men.
Just when I think I've figgered it out, I find I'm wrong agin!
It'd sure be nice if when your ladyfriend broke into tears,
You just could reach right over and scratch her 'tween the ears.
And if you could give her a carrot or two, and she'd whinny a lovin' call,
And if when you didn't want her 'round, you could put her in a stall,
And when she was especially good, you'd give her a sugar lump
And show her that you really cared by pattin' her on the rump.
It'd be nice if women'd be satisfied with a single set of shoes,
And you could rein them in just like a runaway cayuse.
If you didn't have to call 'em up an' ask 'em for a date,
And you could tie 'em to a hitchin' post and they would patiently wait.
If women weren't so squeamish 'bout rollin' in the dirt,
And you could come a-callin' without wearin' a shirt.
I guess you could say my horse and I, we have an understandin',
And I sure wish that womenfolk could be so undemandin'!".
So before you pick a cowboy, Ladies, just as a matter of course,
Be sure that you check out the way that cowboy treats his horse!
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 59
What is a real cowboy
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:19:14 AM
parallax@

I hear ya ,I have all his westerns and right he did give alot off actors the first break he said once that that was what the american people wanted to see so thats why he did it but its just funny he's refered as the all american cowboy but he spent more time on his boat than on a horse i mean if you watch his movies he never once had a horse that complemented his size the horses where always small basic rule of thumb is top of the withers should reach the bottom of you chin
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:19:24 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am in absolute awe that you found that poem and posted it to my thread , you have simply just added to my day in the hugest way "catchum."

All I have to say is this to you: The way you portray yourself through your pics with your horses and through your words I believe that you treat your horses very well and any woman that has your heart will have the true affection of a genuine "cowboy" but most importantly a gentleman.

I'm sure in your younger years you had many a lady wanting to go for a horse ride with you or to have just a smidge of your affection/attention.........lucky the woman (your wife) who finally stole your heart. I'm sure or am hopeful that you gave her the life may it be simple or not that I envision for myself one day. God bless you and truly that poem put a smile on my face and made my day a little brighter.

I search for a simple yet intelligent man who knows how to give his heart, mind, and soul to a woman and I give this back in return tenfold. It is not about material wealth, status in life, looks, or the car you drive. It is about the inner self and what it contains and ultimately how it is shared with another human being.

Peace "catchum" and may life treat you kind.

Tomorrow I am gone..........seems there wasn't a cowboy for me to find in these here parts so I will saddle up my horse, ride into the sunset and my search continues elsewhere.

Enjoy the day..............wannabe writer.
 irrisheyes
Msg: 61
view profile
History
WHERE have all the cowboys gone?
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:32:54 AM
Wow, wrangler butts drive me nuts.
 8 Seconds
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/15/2006 8:46:12 PM
We are a dying breed. I stand in a restraunt when a lady gets up for whatever reason,i use my manners to the best of my abilitys or what i was taught. I open doors for ladys,Take my hat off when we slow dance. There is so much more to just wearing a hat and boots and wranglers or 20x'S. It is a lifestle it's in your heart your past your family.We treat ladies like ladies cause you have a better chance of catching one if you treat them like one.6 months on a ranch nuttin but cattle to look at are you gonna be a jerk to them when you get in to town DRiNKIN FIGHTIN LOVIN COWBOYS not in that order
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 63
WHERE have all the cowboys gone?/for 8 seconds
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:28:15 PM
We are a dying breed. I stand in a restraunt when a lady gets up for whatever reason,i use my manners to the best of my abilitys or what i was taught. I open doors for ladys,Take my hat off when we slow dance. There is so much more to just wearing a hat and boots and wranglers or 20x'S. It is a lifestle it's in your heart your past your family.We treat ladies like ladies cause you have a better chance of catching one if you treat them like one.6 months on a ranch nuttin but cattle to look at are you gonna be a jerk to them when you get in to town DRiNKIN FIGHTIN LOVIN COWBOYS not in that order

but the one thing you forgot whats the diffence between a truck driver and a cowboy in a resteraunt:@ cowboy will take his hat off
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:30:53 PM
I am alittle bit of everything I guesse, from "cow boy" to "country boy" to "blue collar" to "gangsta" to "gino" and just being me. You will find the right one for you OP.
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:34:22 PM
wanna-be@

thank you again and i guess we both know where we would be if it wasn't for the 3,000 miles seperating us
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/16/2006 6:00:55 AM
^^^^^^^^^Wow that's a statement "Catchum" but I think I may agree with you on that one! Of course there is a huge age gap between us but I believe from reading your profile and posts that you are an example of the type of man I seek. I wish you well in finding your cowgirl and may life treat you kind sweet man.

Today is my last day and I take my leave.................may all your dreams come true and if you are a true cowboy............treat your ladies kind and remember there are women that truly seek a gentleman and will give him the respect and care that he gives her.

peace........wannabe
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/16/2006 6:11:06 AM
They are down here in Texas, riding mechanical bulls
and learning to read and write...

come down and see them... you can find them at basically any
local honkey tonk... leaning up against the bar... checking out the
women...
talking bull... wearing starched shirts... drinking beer and trying to look cool.

The bars are full of them...

problem for me because I cant stand them... the wranglers, the
pick up trucks that have never seen a bail of hay...
soft pink hands that have never worked... much.

and lotsa bullchit... for guys who never even saw a real live horse or cow.

lol
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:00:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay I am totally busting a gut right now! I needed that Rainbow..........all these goodbye emails are so depressing me.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/16/2006 5:23:46 PM
Wow, wrangler butts drive me nuts.

but after all the years of riding my butt got flat
so now i gotta wear a fat wallet and 3 bandana's to hold my pants up
 catchumcowboy
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/16/2006 5:40:34 PM
They are down here in Texas, riding mechanical bulls
and learning to read and write...

come down and see them... you can find them at basically any
local honkey tonk... leaning up against the bar... checking out the
women...
talking bull... wearing starched shirts... drinking beer and trying to look cool.

The bars are full of them...

problem for me because I cant stand them... the wranglers, the
pick up trucks that have never seen a bail of hay...
soft pink hands that have never worked... much.

and lotsa bullchit... for guys who never even saw a real live horse or cow.

"O' yeah they out here too!! and when they find you they stick to the bottom of your boot and you gotta scrap-em off but they just keep comming back the only way i found to get rid of 'um is to get on your horse then they jump back 20 ft and run i actually knew a guy who bought his muckin rake first then a halter and then a saddle but no horse then when he finally did get the kahona's to get a horse he didn't ride it and when he went to feed it and the horse came up to him he ran away from it he was entertaining to watch he would sit on the saddle in front of the tv he said he was breaking it in God! i never laughed so hard he was definitly the "village idiot" he finally got the message after i got a t-shirt saying "IF YOUR A WANNA-BE COWBOY YOU WANNA BE GETTIN OUTA MY WAY"

boy1 if i could just figure out a way to make"wanna-be cowboy repelent" i'd be rich
 lisahzgrneyz06
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:19:40 PM
Wow..where have you been ??..There are cowboys everywhere !!! Not sure where your from..but we have plenty of cowboys in Oklahoma !
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:34:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^My final post before I depart and delete my profile on this thread.

I'm here in Canada and I have yet to find my "cowboy" who makes my heart jump, pulses race, and forever feel like I am the only woman for him.

So I take my leave from this place and mount my horse and ride off into the sunset................good luck everyone and if you search for your "cowboy" may you find him very soon.

Peace wannabe
 fthfl
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:36:19 PM
you ain't gettin off that easy you should ride south and find a nice cowboy with lots of dough there are oil tycoons and master crackers with spendin' cabbage post your phone number to achieve immediate results
 wannabe_writer
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:53:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^My last post before I delete folks will be this......and you can believe it or not, it simply doesnt matter at this point.

It's not about how much money he has because money breeds greed and unfulfillment, its not about the fancy house or the jewels, or what the person has or doesn't have. It is truly about respect, care, compassion, genuiness, joy, love, and all that two people can give each other of themselves with their whole hearts and not hold back.

I have yet to meet a man that can give this to me without holding back, so I take my leave and for once in my life I will focus on ME and not a man to make me happy. For now I don't believe he is in here and if he is out in the world than when the time is right , he will find me or vice versa.

I am saddened really at how things have become and how bitter and angry people are towards one another, and how desperate people are to find love and when they think they have found it, it was only just a game and again someone's heart is damaged in the process.

If anyone hears anything I say before I go , I hope that it is this simple message:

Love with all your heart, let go of the old and find peace within yourself , don't waste time holding on to hurts inflicted by another..............give freely of yourself and trust that true love can be found.

I will not close myself off to finding love.............if it comes in whatever form , I will embrace it with all that I have to give. That's really what every single one of us came here for, to find that undying, unconditional, all empowering love and I pray that all of you who seek to find it do and you embrace it as you never have anything else in your life.

Peace ..............wannabe
 fthfl
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:56:59 PM
that was touching. you are a good catch but i can't ever remember having the ability to start and delete threads like you do. how do you do that? why do you do that? please, in the name of God, leave this thread posted to warm the hearts of cowboys every where. borders are the problem. I SAY TAKE DOWN THAT WALL!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WHERE have all the cowboys gone?