Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women look for in a man after 40?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobbelieu
Msg: 26
What do women look for in a man after 40?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
One of the things I neglected to add in my original post was about women who ~DO~ know what they want in a man. Sometimes they have a laundry list of "Must-haves" that is so detailed in describing their ultimate mate that, if I ever found a guy with all those qualities, I'd probably date him too.
 SandyMac
Msg: 27
What do women look for in a man after 40?
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:49:15 AM
The same thing I'd look for in a guy of any age. I am usually attracted to guys that are a bit different, than the ones from around my area. I would hope the guy would be independent, so I wouldn't have to support him, be honest, have a sense of humor, & not act like an old crone.
 LJ91364
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:32:01 AM

Reckon he exists?

Oh, he does, Sapphire- I met him on here, and from what I can tell, he's pretty much exactly like that. And when when I even think about him, it makes me catch my breath.
WOW- I'm hoping and praying this works out...
-LJ, whose little heart is going "pitter patter"
 horselady48
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:41:04 PM

Wow I think I know where to find that perfect man. Now lets see... 1 from column A, 2 from column B, A little from that post up there...Yup. He is out there alright. Now if I could only find a way to Wow I think I know where to find that perfect man. Now lets see... 1 from column A, 2 from column B, A little from that post up there...Yup. He is out there alright. Now if I could only find a way to put the pieces together. .

Women are very determined - put the pieces together & he will come - ooops sorry
 Nan60
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/17/2006 4:53:38 PM
yea I gotta agree with this one. I have a girlfriend like that and recently stopped dating a guy who had a list longer than my girlfriends'....its that PERFECT word symdrome, it should be put in a psychology course, maybe it is? seems the new politically correct defense to this accusation is 'perfect for me' which is just as unrealistic if you are keeping that d--m list in your back pocket!!
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 5:23:55 PM
Hmmmm, I thought my er.....list was fairly reasonable: I'm looking for a gentleman with an excellent sense of humor (dry, witty and sarcastic preferred), who is well grounded, ethical and likes the simple things in life. Who can stand by his beliefs yet accept that not everyone will share the exact same beliefs and opinions. While I enjoy a spirited debate, I find arguements require more effort than I'm willing to put forth.
 laurelmoonstar
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/17/2006 5:53:02 PM
Was a pulse mentioned yet? Yeah, a pulse. Thats most important. Then honesty, fidelity, trust, wit and charm, and a wonderful personality.

Ok, get back to Earth, laurel.
 softeyes1
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/18/2006 6:13:51 PM
bobbelieu,
We'll have to armwrestle for him!
 vrb1955
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/18/2006 7:02:16 PM
Can't be

Homeless (please rent or own)

Helpless (do you have the gift of common sense?)

or Useless ( I think we can all guess what this one is about)

Groomed (do you bathe?, shave? , brush your teeth?, change your clothes everyday? get a haircut and shave ? )

Have sense of humor?

That's all I ask
 zippylarue
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:00:23 PM
What I look for in a man after 40 is that he knows exactly what it is he wants, and then conveys it truthfully and not just say what he thinks I want to hear. I look for someone who is not counting on me just 'morphing' into his life, he must understand that my life is just as great and he must understand the phrase "sharing our lives". Even though he knows what he wants doesn't mean he'll do what he has to do to make it happen. I've been totally blindsided by that guy!! It was a wonder I recovered to love again! But I did fall in love again and because he wasn't honest in his intentions I was fooled again! So, I guess the operative word for men over 40 is HONESTY. I try to be honest so please, you try too. I'm looking to be comfortable with someone, someone who can FORGIVE my faults because we all have them. I don't have a 'list' of must haves, at this stage we have to go with the flow because realistically we're all that we have.
 Kimberwolf45
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:16:11 PM
Smooth dance moves,
sence of humor,
teasing,
cuddling,
soft kisses,
lust,
sweetness,did I miss anything?
 VioletSkye
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:20:16 PM

I personally only date men over 40 and I love that age group for many, many reasons....They are cultured....educated..exerienced...smooooth lovers...tend to be softer and more romantic...men over 40 really do know what they want out of a solid relationship...the expect certain things like ...no games...realness...friendship...its the simple things that tend to make these men happy...they tend to be more grounded...love seeing the kid come out in these men....but mostly I love being with men 40 plus because you can really just be yourself...theres no pretense..these grown men are just little boys but with a world of wisdom and knowledge and a huge willingness to embrace love.....#1 fan of men who are 40+...EARTH BOUND ANGEL.

Great post!! I couldn't have said it better.
This is what I want!
 EB2006
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:15:43 PM
Wow,after reading all of the ladies post...I feel like there is someone out there for me,I just have to find her.

Truthodare,not all men over 40 want a young girl toy.Since I became single,I have been amazed at how many women over 40 are so beautiful! I would rather have wisdom and beauty than beauty alone.
 beckylee
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:49:18 PM
In a man over 40? or the woman being over 40 yrs old?

I'm 55. My considerations are practical -- existance -- an eye of the future and end of life.

Assets, stability, health ... by the time a person reaches retirement age all of these factors are intertwined (meaning, these factors affect one another)

Someone who has "all of the above" also has the personality traits that manifested that trio -- to me that's attractive ... priorities figured out, issues resolved, working on the themselves (and their lives) all along ... attractive, smart, discriminating, people-smart, gaining wisdom and finesse.

"He," if he exists at all, will contribute, help maintain, or compliment me in practical ways, and the only way he could would be because he has the traits and personality that complimented me and my existence -- inherently.

I have "all of the above" and I want "that" in return from a mate -- otherwise I continue to be alone, at the expense of being lonely, but not at the expense of everything I've built in life.

Practicality has it's self-evident desireability in my world.

Ladyrose1952
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/19/2006 11:07:21 AM
Ladyrose would like to meet a man that is over 40, who at least like some of the things that I do so that was can have things in common to enjoy together.

This man would Accept me just the way I am and I him. That is true compatability.
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/19/2006 1:10:33 PM
Well I'm not even 30 yet (7 more days!) but I tend to date more men in their 40's, they just seem more grounded, less into the games, know what they want and like earth bound angel said, definitely know what they're doing in bed
 mphzguy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 1:49:02 PM
"isn't living in a basement apartment because he gave everything away in his marriage"

wow ... nice quality you're looking for there .. tell me how nice of a house does one have to have to be able to attract your attention?
 horselady48
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 2:34:37 PM

And if we ever got into some type of 'more than just us participating' situation I'd have to be sure he wasn't going to get jealous if I enjoyed myself.
- good luck
 Fifi47
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/19/2006 3:00:13 PM
Someone who is realistic, who sees that average looking women are also sexy, who does not blame his ex wife or girlfriends for things that he has allowed them to do to hurt him, who is responsible, who has integrity, and who is interested in and enjoys various activities. He also understands the appeal of a woman in her 40s who has not been married and has no children.
 moraima
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 4:36:03 PM
Someone who understands the concept of being responsible for himself.
 laurelmoonstar
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/19/2006 4:39:48 PM
Gerard Butler, Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise........oh wait, you mean....ok, seriously though, im looking for a nice guy with a good sense of humor. And one who aint mean.
 Awesomeone54
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:51:02 PM
Moraima"....You DON"T cry unless someone dies...I feel bad for you. I went for a period of time where I couldn't cry and it was awful. Sometimes just crying over a bad movie is healthy...after a cry...there is such a relaxation its unreal. I think its really healthy to cry....I am not saying be some wimpy, weak sad person...trust me,...I am not. But even if its just crying about a sappy movie....or a tender moment (like when a child makes you something special...)...it is a healthy release.

And it doesn't make me weak. I can afford the kleenex!
 moraima
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:30:43 PM
A man who doesn't expect me to watch chick flick and cry

Serously, a man who can get to know the real me, and not expect me to follow the norms, just because all the other women he knew did.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:02:01 PM
Red flags real or imagined

Guys with 11% or lower body fat so they look real good but ignore the aggressive behavior that goes with it.

Prince Charming, the Knight in shining armor

money

Some are actually looking for love.
 Celticmist
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:43:29 PM
Well gee, I don't know what or who I am looking for - just assumed I would he was right, when I found him.

I have dated tall, short, big, small, self-employed, employed, blondes, burnettes, college or university educated, high school grads - the only ones I won't date are those with poor hygene,those looking solely for sex or married - aside from that I try to keep an open mind. I have even dated someone who lived 8 hrs away - While I haven't found "him" yet, I have met a lot of really nice men.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women look for in a man after 40?