Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rubanesque
Msg: 300
Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?Page 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
NO!! Because people behave differently w/other people. He may have been a jerk to you, and it could be because he wasn't the one for you. The next person or person after that may be just the person. That's why we are out here searching...to find the person we may or not be with.
Just be cool, hang loose and move on.
 alexa61
Msg: 301
Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?
Posted: 4/1/2007 6:36:49 AM
I think that the website can be very uselful. There should be certain criteria though, that would determine eligibilty to post. There are some men out there, that in my opinion, either are committing criminal acts or are complete frauds, players and wreak devastation among women and possibly children by getting involved with them and never disclosing who they really are. In the end, they pull the disappearing act which is usually about the time when you start finding out, maybe through other people that know the creep, that they were serial philanders or have some other awful deviant aspect to thier personality and history. When a person does not reveal who they really are up front (eg; has had 10 affairs on thier wife but insists they never cheated. Is involved in sexual practices outside of the norm like sado masochism.) Many of these type of men have had "hidden lives " for years and pose as "family men". In my opinion this is is criminal behavior despite the fact that there is no "law" for it. People like this usually either are sociopathic or have those tendencies. They usually are very charming intelligent and can easily sweep a woman off of her feet. They get emeshed not only with the women they but but with thier children too. They are usually emotionally immature and have charming "boyish like qualities" which make them so appealing and so much fun to be with. They create complete devastation, leaving a trail of bleeding hearts behind them as they move onto there next unsuspecting , usually vulnerable prey. These men have no conscience and as long as there needs are being met they could care less about the hurt they are causing. Beyond the type of man i described above, other examples of criminal behavior that i feel should be exposed on that site would be men who have sex with women knowing that they have an STD or are HIV positive, adulterers, men that are wanted for some sort criminal act and do not disclose this and men that steal from women. I am sure that there are many other situations that qualify, these are just a few. I think it is wonderful that women who have been vicitimized by these type of men have a place where they can go to warn other women. In the past, women had to just sit back and accept the shambles of thier new life, created by one of the above type charmers. I certainly would want to be warned up front. Wouldn't you?
 countrychick2003
Msg: 302
Posted: 4/1/2007 6:40:00 AM
No I would never post my ex on a website. First of all I prefer not to waste my energy on him, He is not worth it. And second If we were all to post jerks on a website, i am sure someone would think every guy out there was a jerk at one point or another. Everyone has hurt someone along their paths, it is pointless to point the fingers at everyone else when we have our own flaws to worry about. Would we like to have our names put on a b*tchs website. Not me.
 larwilliams
Msg: 303
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:03:14 PM
Alexa, the problem is that your idea assumes that every woman will be completely honest and objective, which we all know will never happen with jilted lovers. It has recently come to my own attention that several childish individuals are spreading rumors about me on this very site. All lies.

Have I broken a heart or two before? definitely. Sometimes it's avoidable, sometimes it's not. Have I done anything deserving of slander? no. I could see a dontdatehimgirl.com type of web site being a mecca of lies and slander (not that it isn't already lol).

The one time I watched that horrible Dr. Phil show, there was a guy whose career had been ruined by online dating slander (i think it was dontdatehimgirl) and the information on the site was proven to be all lies. Guess what happened? The site owner, I forget her name, basically said "tough luck", refusing to even post an apology. It's women like that, that gives the good ones a bad name. He said he was going to take them to court and sue for slander (which I believe is right). Here's hoping the****gets sued out of existance.

In short: people need to learn how to handle rejection and move on.
 Hey Sam
Msg: 304
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:09:12 PM
No, I wouldn't do it!! Take responsibility for your part in a failed relationship and learn from it. If the hurt he caused you was illegal, such as abuse, let the authorities deal with it.
 sweetlips167
Msg: 305
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:47:57 PM
Definitely not... to what avail.. some for sure are gonna believe you.. others are gonna just believe your upset and bitter.... i think if people break up.. they should just do that... going around warning people.. changes nothing.. that you have been through... and sends a message to future dates. that if it don't work out.. you might bash them as well.. setting out to hurt someone .. is stuping to there level... if he is a jerk i am sure his true colours will come out
 Wyldekatt
Msg: 306
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:53:36 PM
Naw, what purpose would it serve? Okay so the HE was a jerk....was the SHE all sunshine and roses??? hmmmm gotta wonder? People meet, hang out and then OH MY GOD they find they just are NOT compatible. Has the world ended? I don't think so. Its life and it happens. Don't stay with someone who doesn't treat you as you deserve....just be sure to treat them well too...its a two -way street.
 Grizzly Adams99
Msg: 307
Posted: 10/29/2007 12:57:07 AM
LADIES... LIFE IS SIMPLE, YOU DATE JERKS, YOU GET JERKED AROUND....
NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELFS...... AND DONT THINK YOU HAVE A MONOPOLY ON IT... THERE ARE SOME REALLY WHACK CHICKS OUT THERE...
 amicrazytobehere
Msg: 308
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:33:25 PM
As much as I have been tempted I have to say no and bow out gracefully... I have had my fill of losers no doubt and don't date that jerk has come to mind alot of times but I find being bitter is not the way. Just be glad he is out of your life and pay more attention to what the next fellow is saying before you get involved. Every man I have got involved with has learnt me a lesson, likes steps to that special someone who is for me and when I get over just a couple more steps I know I am almost there.
I can't be bitter even if he was or is a jerk.. I am learning how to live successfully and happily with or without screwed up men
Annie
 outofthedesert
Msg: 309
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:39:57 PM
Just because he is a jerk to you, does not mean he will treat the next woman that way.
 nigelwright
Msg: 310
Posted: 3/15/2008 10:26:51 PM
Another man hating thread.

Why not just get over it and move on ?

Why waste time on something that didnot work out ?

Oh I know why, women have to have control !
 jlizzy
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:09:49 PM
OH the tempation!
 NorseViking869
Msg: 312
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:23:50 PM
I am a man and I am not going to even point out this is a bout man hating. I for one would not ever tell the world what awfull things my ex's were. Not all of them were bad at all ( I was bad once I'll admit it.)

Why would anyone lower them selves to defaming someone for life over what could have been just a lowsy set of circumstances; however, I will say that unless the person did something horrible like rape or violence on the first date, then there is the apropriate athorities for that and then you can go to court over that.

I concider most womn and good and most guys good for the most part;However, all people have bad days. (I included)

What coulds be taken by you as a jerk could just be boorish behaviour brought on by a bad day and being nervous on a date;Furthermore, your reaction could be affected by how your day was. How would yopu like it if someone labled you asa jerk and tod the world about it? Would you like it? I highly doubt it? I would never do that to people I dated, why do it to someone you dated?
 WearRed
Msg: 313
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:45:08 PM
No way!!! What an inmature thing to do! If you need to vent, go and talk with a good friend...
 adf67
Msg: 314
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:52:10 PM
There is a site like that, it has pic's & list of thing's they did, but I don't know the name of the site. I saw it on the t.v. last year. I'm sure you can google for it,lol.
 adf67
Msg: 315
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:56:06 PM
I found the site, it's a site to check out info regarding a potential guy. It's called Dontdatehimgirl.com

http://dontdatehimgirl.com/home/
 barb_mck
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:03:56 PM
It is not childish, to be hurt. This happens when you open yourself to the world.

Love G.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?