Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lifeiswhat
Msg: 76
Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
That Guy Him:?? TYPICAL MALE COMMENT...

wow.. I married this man he commited to me and I him: he had the affair.. so should he cause pain to every woman he tries to have a relationship with: no...
Trust me... It is not just that it didn't work out.. If a man wants to stray he should say "hey I am not feeling it anymore, or I have fallen out of love with you..." Trust me he regrets it in every way.. he has tried every way to get back in:
I am for once: not feeling it.. no way once a cheater always a cheater.. and yes he should of been honest with her.. why should he be? he is a cheater.. Once a cheater always a cheater..... PROVE ME WRONG ON THAT ONE!
You guys kill me with your attitudes.. like it is our fault.. you don't know the situation.. ask?
 raspberry83
Msg: 77
Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:10:14 PM
No, I might **** to a close friend or relative but I'd never post what a jerk my ex was on some website.
Reasons being..
1. I'm a fairly private person.
2. Karma baby!
and 3. It's all in the past,I get over it and move on, there's no need to stoop to that level of pettiness even if your ex is the jerk of all jerks.
 sweetblueyedarling
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:54:24 PM
I'm with psssts first message.
 shigogouhou
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/19/2006 12:23:26 AM

That Guy Him:?? TYPICAL MALE COMMENT...

wow.. I married this man he commited to me and I him: he had the affair.. so should he cause pain to every woman he tries to have a relationship with: no...
Trust me... It is not just that it didn't work out.. If a man wants to stray he should say "hey I am not feeling it anymore, or I have fallen out of love with you..." Trust me he regrets it in every way.. he has tried every way to get back in:

I am for once: not feeling it.. no way once a cheater always a cheater.. and yes he should of been honest with her.. why should he be? he is a cheater.. Once a cheater always a cheater..... PROVE ME WRONG ON THAT ONE!

You guys kill me with your attitudes.. like it is our fault.. you don't know the situation.. ask?

Since you went and interfered with someone else's relationship once, shouldn't it be safe to assume you'd do THAT again?

Of course he "regrets it in every way". Who wouldn't regret pissing off a loudmouth who went and ruined his engagement just to fulfill some vengeful desire?

And then I did a bit of "research", and came across this:

5'3", mother of four (no more thank you AND on good terms with ex..NO DRAMA here..)

So you're on good terms with a guy who cheated on you? Or do you just consider "good terms" to be "Refusing to let go and move on, instead choosing to interfere in his next relationship to be sure it didn't have a chance of working"? You sabotaged an engagement you had no business having anything to do with, and you claim to be on good terms? You claim to have no drama? Your very name on here implies that you're "over it" and this is how you act? Seriously, grow up.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/19/2006 2:12:41 AM

But it's fine for you to cause pain to every woman he has a relationship, right? Because you are perfect... a spotless record. You have never done anything ever.

I never said you were wrong. What I said was that you were spiteful and vindictive. Do you advertise to the world that you are spiteful and vindictive? As the previous poster already pointed out, your profile states that you are on good terms with your ex and no drama. Huh? Isn't that very much the same denial you claim he is in when he doesn't come right out to his new love interests and tells them he cheated on you? Obviously you are not on good terms if you feel the need to interfere with his happiness. Obviously you are highly into drama if you would try to sabotage his engagement.

I never once said him cheating was your fault. My ex cheated on me, but I don't go around screwing up every relationship she has by telling the guy what she did. It doesn't matter if someone else has faults... fact of the matter is that you have faults too that you do not broadcast to everyone. Being spiteful and vindictive is a fault. I merely asked why you feel that your ex's faults need to be known to the world yet yours can be tucked away in a closet? He could find just as many problems with you to ruin any future relationship you have by passing that information on to whomever you are dating. You've proven that you are a jerk by interfering in his present relationship, but he doesn't go around telling everyone now does he?

What it boils down to is a little old saying: Ye in glass houses should not throw stones.
 ctrydancer
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:37:33 AM
Manitoba...you go!!!! The best revenge is living well...well said.

Love that song "She let herself go". Best sums up if you're seen with a smile on your face. The world will know what a jerk he is by just doing good by yourself....let her deal with his issues!

Be glad he's gone!!! Shake the dirt from those shoes.
 lifeiswhat
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:17:32 AM
Actually; we were good friends before his new relationship and yes after the drama the truth caused; We remain close.

He realized that yes he should not of started a new relationship with a lie.. He thanked me and they are still getting married.

Saying "it just didn't work out" That is not what happened to our marriage.. Besides the affair there were only small problems... Ones we both could of lived with. He didn't just have sex with this women.. This women did not know he was married either. When she found out she is the one that contacted me. -

FYI - After they became engaged to his new fish . he was still using my computer to access his match.com account.. All I did was send an email to him from my match.com to his account telling him congratulations and hopefully you can remain faithful this time around.. Sparks flew obviously she read it and did not know the truth. It was a nice email..It was not vindictive.. Besides how did I know she would read it. (what she's already reading his email hmmm.. maybe she already doesn't trust him)
- the truth is if he had not been violating my privacy by walking in my house to access his email and dating service while being engaged with a new woman.. I would not of done any of the obove. so maybe that is the whole problem here.. and no I am not jeolous of the new woman she is very nice.. I was actually defending her.. she needed to know what she was walking into..
Why are you all defending a liar? Believe it or not after all that we are close and no drama

If you've read other posts on what would you do for love. you would know the story..
 Splinter
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:19:40 AM
I wouldn't air my life out for the world to see like that but it is your choice. I would be the bigger person.
 KoiBoi
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:35:49 AM
Maybe he's basically a really nice guy that YOU brought out the worst in?

The best revenge is living well, not being a punk and bad mouthing anybody.
 Lnstarkiss
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:11:24 AM
Revenge? If that's what we want to discuss, let's start another thread. I can think of at least a dozen better ways of getting revenge than just posting something to a site. If I have interpreted the OP's intention correctly, this is supposed to be a discussion about a service to enable men and women to research past and sometimes present behavior of people in whom they may have a serious interest.
 sweety35
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 3:17:20 PM
I had a guy that lied to tme the whole month I dated him. he was still with his wife, told me he loved me, bought me things, opened car doors for me, treated me like gold, b ut had his wife on the side he was supposidly divorcing! Then to top it all off, he had his WIFE break up with me, and she demanded the stuff back he bought me!!!
 APRILLEANNE
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:45:47 PM
Yes I would, wouldn't want him hurting anyone else like he hurt me. Besides he deserves to have everyone know what a jerk he is.
 lateinlove
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:02:33 PM
I would expose him if this guy has a pattern of some sort like using women for money then leaving them suddenly for another bigger bank account. If I had listened to my ex's ex this wouldnt have happened to me and to the girl he is seeing now. she is starting to notice...but it is up to the readers if they want to believe it. but warning are good.
 lateinlove
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:04:33 PM
now that man has no balls of anykind. I hope his wife knew he lied to you. you are the innocent party here.
 ttlove
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:56:53 PM
No that is just bad carma not to mention that if you still have hate in your heart you will never move on.
 maverick_miss37
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/19/2006 11:07:26 PM
There is a website designed just for this. I didn't go through all these responses, but there is a site designed to post pics of men who done women wrong.

I don't really have a personal opinion about it, i just know there was lots of women who were interested, and lots of men who weren't.

I do know that I wouldn't want my pic posted as one of those ladies who broke a man's heart........sheesh..I don't even want to finish this sentence.

I never cheated on a man, I just broke things off, and some men might take that as a realy bee-yotch thing to do.

Jen43207
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:19:19 AM
Burn 'em at the stake! That's what puritan males did when their mistresses became pregnant or threatened to expose them to their wives! We'll call it "Delayed Feminine Restitution" how's that?
Oooo wait!..better yet, I think every woman should have access to a Clint Eastwood double that will take the Jerk to his knees while he recites all his infamous one liners ie: "Go ahead punk make my day" at the a**hole below trembling and p***ing a river all over himself as he is forced to look up the barrel of "Clints" 38! I love Clint he is a par excellence intimidator!
See it really doesn't matter if the Jerks name is plastered on every billboard and car bumper around the globe, because a little patience (because jerks eventually get arrogant and careless leaving themselves vunerable) and a fertile, twisted imagination can inflict much more humiliation and damage on someone than a gazillion message boards can, IF that is your objective.
However, if your wanting to implement the "Expose-a-Jerk" concept, why not set up local "cheaters" (as in the TV show) chapters in every town and city, creating a nationwide network that works tirelessly at identifying local Jerks for unsuspecting****and Jane Public!

Sad to say, but unfortunately each of us are responsible for policing our own behavior. While there will always be those individuals who are incapable of doing so, or just plain refuse to do so, the hardcore Jerks are taken care of by the legal system where they receive their "just rewards" and society is brought a step closer to civilized status.

Funny that this issue has come up. I was traveling the pennsylvania turnpike about a week ago and saw a huge billboard that read I hate Stephen ________ (can't remember the last name) on it. I was struck by how much a person must have really been hurt to go through the trouble and expense of expressing their pain and anguish to the outside world. I also noticed that there wasn't a website address or 1-800 number on the billboard also which, in my mind if you want a lot of people to know what a jerk someone is, you should at least have a webpage or something to direct viewers to so they can at least find out WHY Stephen is hated soooo much! If your going to allow your emotions to influence your actions like that at least get the full dollar value from it! I bet Stephen isn't saying to himself, "geez I really appreciate all the money that person spent on that message for me"... now is he?
 KoiBoi
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:08:00 AM
Do any of you see that you would be guilty of slander if you posted what you are suggesting onto a public forum? And if you distributed anything in print, you would add libel to that.

Is it worth it? You could spend the rest of your life working to pay the offended party after the lawsuit (which he would win). Just so you feel better about YOU making a bad choice?
 Jen43207
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:24:39 AM
@koiboi It has been my understanding that false accusations against another are what constitute slander. Statements that can be proven to be true, such as I have the flu. This can be proven as I have been diagnosed with the flu. Therefore you can say it as often as you like that "Jen has the flu". Provided that your statement can be proven as being true (not an opinion) it is not slander, it's the truth. Unlike an opinion, such as "so and so is an a**hole" which is a matter of personal judgement and some may not conseder so and so to be an a**hole because what is offensive to one person is not offensive to another. So, if you catch someone in a lie and there are witnesses to this affect you can say so and so lied about this....or that...or whatever the case may be.

Defimation of character may be another story, but it has been the experience of most people that "Jerks" don't have much character to defend.

What about purposeful deception? Say for example my ex-husband told me that he never knew who his real mother was until the age of 12 because he had been left in his grandmothers' care. Then on the occassion that I speak with his mother and Aunt (a witness) who confirm that the statement is untrue as well as many other statements regarding his past to the point that you virtually have a false persona that has been presented what then? What are the legal ramifications for someone presenting attested to false information about themselves? Surely there are some...right?

But, I am curious, as you seem to be well versed in legal ease. This happens so frequently you hear about it all the time. Tell me what is it called when the second party of a couple engaged in producing objects, oh say like "private" pictures or tapes agrees to turn them over to the first party, (in the event that they should part) AS a stipulation for producing them in them first place. Then later refuses to return them holding the pictures ransom and threatening to download them onto the internet for the world to view if, the first party discusses matters the second party considers "sensitive" to select individuals?
 KoiBoi
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:34:38 AM

Tell me what is it called when the second party of a couple engaged in producing objects, oh say like "private" pictures or tapes agrees to turn them over to the first party, (in the event that they should part) AS a stipulation for producing them in them first place. Then later refuses to return them holding the pictures ransom and threatening to download them onto the internet for the world to view if, the first party discusses matters the second party considers "sensitive" to select individuals?

Extortion. An awful thing to do.

And that agreement had better be written down somewhere.

But if in retaliation the party of the first part advertises the situation, that is defamation and actionable. Unless there has been a written document executed with the various conditions you expressed, it is all hearsay and would be tossed out as inadmissable. Even if a 3rd party (cameraman?) were brought in to testify, that 3rd party was not involved in the actual document and that testimony is not relevant. There may be some obscure precedent and this is certainly not important to me to research it, but that's my initial take. Any kind of testimony that contains "He said he was going to....." is subject to the counteraction of "Prove he said it."

Now, we are talking here about letter of the law, not the spirit of the law. If a couple chooses to engage in filming their intimate actions, no matter what is said about the actual tape, I don't know that our courts should be bothered with something moral vs contract law.
 Jen43207
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:48:59 AM
Okay. Let's say that the party (wohoo PARTY! HEHE...sorry) that had made the verbal agreement to turn over any and all pics, videos whatever in the event of their seperation is recorded on tape as to reaffirming his initial agreement to relinquish posession AND is also recorded to admitting to extortion? What then?

What legal recourse would the initiating party Ii hope i'm getting this right) have in the event that the items were not relinquished to her posession?
 foreverromantic
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:51:08 AM
Hell yes, I would say his name and give details so no one would ever be used or hurt again.
Not only was it a emotional issue it was a health one so I would be doing the world a favor
 KoiBoi
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:53:20 AM
I saw see a lawyer and don't listen to a stranger on POF.

Obvioulsy we are talking about you here.

And if you recorded anything without him knowing he was being recorded you violated his civil rights and he walks.

This isn't the Watergate Hotel. No secret tape recorders, no witness hiding behind the shower curtain....

Hire a lawyer.
 Jen43207
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:12:33 AM
What about the individual that virtually fabricates a new persona? What they are just a proven liar if others are on hand to testify to the falseness of their statements?

And when is extortion prosecuteable?
 KoiBoi
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:24:27 AM
See a lawyer. I am done commenting on this.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you want the world to know what a jerk he is?