Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Has anyone here given up or thinking about it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 donmccoy63
Msg: 76
Has anyone here given up or thinking about it?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
It's sad, isn't it?

Hard to understand why good people can't find other good people.
 Yorkshire angel
Msg: 77
Has anyone here given up or thinking about it?
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:38:11 AM
Yep given up.. love is a nightmare... never been in love with someone who loved me back at the same time, so whats the point.... it's just disapointment and hurt
 memory maker
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:55:16 AM
I've given up several times, for a period of months to years. Yet here I am. Go figure.
 buffiy
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:06:17 AM
sweetguy6,......
anyone worth finding, is worth the time it takes to find them luv.
please dont give up but first, please dont give up on yourself k?
None of Uus, is confident all the time, regardless of one's personality. Sometimes things just seem so damn hard to deal with, including trying to find someone.
Give it time - enjoy being single (dating) and keep your eyes open while guarding your heart in your search. What you seek is out there - as it is for all of us.
respectfully,
buffy
 Steel Phoenix
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:06:20 AM
"It's sad, isn't it?

Hard to understand why good people can't find other good people."

Agree totally.

This is what I do not understand: Scott Peterson murders his pregnant wife and unborn son at sea and throws their bodies overboard, yet he gets love letters and flowers from hundreds of women who "love" him. In fact, he's getting married - check it out:
http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/may/article214.html The same thing happened with Ted Bundy, and in fact he married while on death row too, and there are plenty more just like those two. All the time I see abusive men with several women on a string, and yet I also see responsible hardworking men who would be loyal, faithful and supportive in a relationship go months and even years without so much as a date. It just makes absolutely no sense. And I see the other extreme as well, where the only thing that will do is some guy out of a romance novel. I look at all this and think to myself "why bother?" Ya know?
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:15:08 AM
I'd give up....if I wasn't so @&#**&! stubborn!!!!

JJ

verygreeneyez
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:31:39 AM
Yep, gave up. When my exhusband started looking like a good option ~ I called it quits. One relationship to speak of in almost 7 years ~ over 2 years ago I decided it was time to just not bother. My how the time has flown. I still believe in love ~ I just hope it finds me and knocks loud enough for me to notice, otherwise, I'll most likely be alone forever. After a while the disappointment is just too much to take. Being alone, expecting to be alone, learning to be happy all alone is tough ~ but much easier than chronic disappointment.
 Brev1
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 2:20:29 PM
Wait until you are past 55 - it turns into a different kind of craziness! I try to just live by one thing - no expectations, no disappointments! But you do feel like giving up. About every other day!
 nomenome
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/7/2006 2:39:00 PM
yes. i actually have given it a rest, at least for now. i just cannot find who i am looking for, and i am not fitting anyone else's needs either. so, i am just here mainly to talk to friends and participate in the forums. when my private life settles down enough for me to spend quality time looking with my eyes open, maybe i'll change my profile again. but it does'nt mean i can't bump into 'the one' out on the street. just tired of the whole shabang.
 ange2284
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2006 2:45:53 PM
Hey sweet guy wake up just read your profile you are only 26 years old. Instead of wasting your time on here get a life. Some sweet young girl will spot you and want you i'm sure. Look for the eye contact, body language etc you are probably just not looking in the right place xxxx good luck with whatever you do and enjoy your life you only get one chance so live it have fun and remember a smile gets noticed and if you are still on your own at 50 i will come back from wherever i am and kiss you lol
 xamo
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/7/2006 3:03:26 PM
personally, I think "looking" only gets in the way of being, that is to say that looking,questoining,guessing only leads to closing you up instead of opening yourself up and enjoying life. If you can't enjoy life without someone else, you probably won't have much to offer a person, and in a way rely on them for happiness instead of sharing it. Love is a worthy dream definately, but I see it as an ongoing changing thing (this dream relationship) and not something to acquire then lock away. It seems to me that some people can get into that and when they do have an opportunity it can become a little one sided in that one person has expectations based on their own pre concieved ideas of the other person, who she should be, who she was etc etc. that can get in the way.
 skyflute
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/7/2006 5:49:16 PM
I think i am going to give up and get off these sites my heart has been walked on so much that i am thinking of putting out a wipe feet here sign
 +bRyAn+
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/7/2006 6:55:22 PM
don't feel to bad i gave up years ago
just go numb..it worked for me
 Steel Phoenix
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:15:19 PM
"don't feel to bad i gave up years ago
just go numb..it worked for me"

That sounds like part of a song that eerily seems to fit this very situation for me..........."When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone...........and I have become comfortably numb."

The "dream" of a true loving and giving relationship indeed is gone, only a dream it ever was..........
 cyberfriend 51
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:37:43 PM
I know what your talking about ,I decided that my children our the best thing in my life.
They don,t care what you look like or how much you weigh, Or if you got dinner fixed or
if the bill our paid. All they care about is that you love them. And they love you back no matter
what. From Tn the smokey mountains.
 BORN SOUTHERN
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:41:06 PM
yeah i know what u mean its like the women on hear r scared to email u or when they do u talk to them a few times then u dont hear nothing from them agian or i guess cause i dont look like fabio or im not rich so they r not interested they dont understand guys like us r the ones that r faithful to them but they wont give us a chance so yes i have thought of givening up many times thats all i got
 LGY
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:44:20 PM
I give up at least twice a week
 plumn4u
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:46:15 PM
nope not me !!
i'm to stuborn.lol

i have given up on looking for love . but i'm still hopefull that love hasn't given up on finding me . i guess in other words i have given up on sending out e-mails . i put alot of thought into each e-mail that i send out . some i have even spent a whole day earaseing and rewriteing and walking away come back and add more . just to make sure i write it the best i possibly can so the recipiant knows that i am cincere and very interested in chatting and hopefully meeting . only to check progress of the sent e-mail and see "unread deleted"..either they not like my pic or the fact that i'm a plumber.lol. it sure isn't what i said in my e-mail . they not take the five minutes out of thier time to read something that it took me all day to write. lol. but. being stuborn . i will probably see another profile . and take the long journy to disapointment

so i guess i not realy given up . i still believe in "hopefullness" (cool!!. another word i can add to my personal dictionary). lol.
 punky52
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:49:59 PM
I know just how you feel. You chat with someone who has peaked your interest, someone you think you have alot in common with, someone who even looks appealing to you. Then when you finally meet them, go out with them, and maybe even enjoy their company they still manage to let you down somehow. It's almost like they have faked it or something. So I gave up on even meeting someone, on the internet that is. If I happen to be so fortunate as to meet someone in person and it works out, then fine. But never again will I even try to get to know someone online. Because it's phoney. People lie too much. They tell you what they think you want to hear,which is not neccesarily a good thing. So I hav given up on it. It's just not worth the let down in the end.
 Fran47
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:56:58 PM
Wow.... this is so amazing... I didn't dream there were so many people feeling this way... Some times you feel like the lone ranger....Lol Yes... I was about to give up until I discovered the forums.... Now... forget trying to meet anyone.... I just come here to read the forums..... they are pretty cool...and most of all...even though the cool people are always so far away....you start to look for certain ones in the forum.....

P.S. Has anyone ever noticed the ones that you seem to hit it off with...are usually the ones way to far away? Hmmm... not fair!!! Lol
 plumn4u
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:07:40 PM
[P.S. Has anyone ever noticed the ones that you seem to hit it off with...are usually the ones way to far away? Hmmm... not fair!!! Lol]

yes fran you are so right .. i always feel i'm liveing in the wrong city .lol everyone outside of kitchener,ontario thinks i'm awsome! lol
 shakdicaprio
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:08:42 PM
mmmm i have never given that though I have to be crazy. every mornng that I wake up is a new day. and every new day I see beautiful womens going by. so sure im single but thats the best part ya get to look at everyone of them.why?? cause im single no old lady beside me to tell me whats wrong or right. so cheer up guys why were single ahhhhhhh we get to look,talk and enjoy .so smile while you can because one day you will have one of then ladys and you wont be able to look anymore or date. so have fun while you can. beside the more you look the better they get.so be your self and stop thinging if you should give up.or slow down or wait.
 Fran47
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:25:42 PM
You know something... you are so right!! When I stop and think about it... I am blessed!! I would so rather be single and lonely...(at times only!!!) than married and lonely for life!! Lol You really did help me.... Cause really at this moment in my life... I love being single....just wish there was someone to date close by that was fun to be with!! But...as I mentioned earlier.... it seems all the cool ones to date are in the next city or state.....
 Loz Hunter
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/8/2006 12:46:38 AM
88 & 89 numb? I can see where you are both going with this.......

Wow this is now confusing me - it is sunday morning here, all alone as per usual, no one on msn yet. Just setting the scean, not looking for sympathy (and the ironing is done already, how sad am I?)

We have these forums, and on them there are all these genuine people with very positive and heartfelt things to say, I find myself thinking how the heck are any of these people single, how come they have not been snapped up already??

Why is it when I get messages they seem to come from a different set of people all together??

As for giving up, not me, not going to do it, I believe more than ever if I could find love or love could find me before it will again and I will remain hopeful, I will continue blocking and deleting the ruder members on this site, just cos I am 48 dont look it, and keep fit dosnt mean I am up for abuse, sorry guys, but after reading these forums I strongly beleive we should all keep going. I am going to now. And before one more man says that an hours drive is too far, get a life!!!!

What a great bunch of people we all are

browneyesami
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/8/2006 1:39:36 AM
you know, I think that by giving up you could lose something precious even a frienship, I think that everyone has someone and they just have to find them, I know will get slammed for this BUT I will say that there are good people out there and that you will find it even if you are not looking!!! Don't listen to the bad just go for the good, just listen to people and listen to what they have to say!! sometimes the ones that want to talk are the ones you want to talk to, just think, "they'ver heard its all up hill but all they knw is how they feel " so people just feel for a bit, don't worry about pictures or anything if you connect because you can talk that IS a start just keep faith, Our genertaion is the one that will decidee a lot, and if you listen to the song " 2 sparrrows in a hurricane" blah blah blah it is country it says alot, don't worry, we are all meant for something!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Has anyone here given up or thinking about it?