Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pen Pals in the Forces      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 51
Pen Pals in the ForcesPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
borostu is there any female soldiers who would like a pen pal on here?

Edit serious question.
 *Cat*
Msg: 52
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:00:44 AM
I would love to write to squaddies, airmen or navy fellas, if theres anyone out there that could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. Most sites ive visited, you have to pay to be a member, or pay to view the message you get back from them ! I think its wrong for a site to make money out of the fellas/ladies that are out there doing a fantastic job! ....

If anyone can help, would you mind messaging me personally plssssss..... Thank you for your kindness xxx
 Roger Les Moutons
Msg: 53
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:20:35 AM
You don't have to pay to see my member but I can't promise I'll write back.
 borostu82
Msg: 54
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 6/28/2006 11:57:02 PM

borostu is there any female soldiers who would like a pen pal on here?

well there is just put lonely female soldier at the top of your letters but u can look on a web site its called uniform dating
 georgiegirl2006
Msg: 55
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 7/2/2006 2:40:41 AM
For somebody who may be reading.

Thinking of you and yours

I'm praying it's none of yours either.
 georgiegirl2007
Msg: 56
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:39:13 AM
I have now sent a couple of e-blueys and have been told that they are much appreciated, so thanks to Charms for starting the thread and to Evil for providing a way of finding some lonely forces personnel.
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 10/26/2006 7:13:22 AM
I have a friend out in Iraq at the mo, we chat whenever we can via the net and I know he just appreciates the company and having a laugh and chat outside of his day to day dealings...

Also used to have a penpal in the navy some years ago, we wrote for years whilst he was out in the Gulf, wonder what happened to him.....

Would happily join the penpal list if its still going
 pippaxxx
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:25:48 AM
I wrote to 2 soldiers in 1990 was it, the gulf war.
I used to send out boxes/parcels of sweets mags ect ect.

I had a real laugh with my penpalls, and I know they really appreciated it

I have kept the letters still
 stokiemum
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 11/15/2009 2:19:08 PM
I would really love to try and cheer someone up with the ocassional "letter from home". I used to write to a couple of guys based in Northern Ireland many years ago, but I lost touch with them, I know how much the letters cheered them up.
 cassie the kitten
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:53:15 PM
Hi borostu
can you send me details of someone to drop a line too, will be happy to do so
cheers
 hunnibelle
Msg: 61
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:55:51 PM
This seems to be an old thread I doubt the people are still here that started it
 lil-lainy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 7/5/2010 10:02:33 AM
Hi id be inteested in being a pen pal for an army guy but has to be one my own age ish so let me know if u are still looking for pen palls thanks
 ninjasailor
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 7/5/2010 1:43:09 PM
Hi all,

I must have missed this thread before! I'm currently serving in the Royal Navy and think the pen-pal idea is awesome! Yes there's internet (to a degree) but nothing compares to the joy of receiving an actual physical letter from home.

In addition to what has already been said; yes the Army are doing a fine job, but don't forget about all the Matelots that are also tied up down there. I guess the RAF should get a mention too!

I'm deploying to the Gulf again fairly soon, and would love to have a pen-pal... it would certainly give me something else to do in downtime.
 hols1988
Msg: 64
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 12/22/2011 1:37:08 PM
hi im currently out in afgan..
im looking for some pen pals bit bored out here atm so if you no of anyone who is wanting to send some letters i have a few priends out here to..
im not in the army but i work with them out here im currently doing a 6month tour and wouldnt mind writing letter..
so if anyones intrested mail me for my adress and ill mail you back with it :)
thanks

hols

x
 PeekaBelle
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:49:30 PM
I'm currently looking to get a forces pen pal, not only does it help to keep moral high but who knows, if you and the guy get on well you could end up dating but you have to pay for all the sites i've looked on so far, does anyone know any sites ?
 EanieMeanieMineyDuck
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/13/2013 12:02:57 AM
Hi guys

I would love to get involved in this and write to a squaddie,marine,raf,whoever. I know how important it is to help keep yheir heads up and researched it vefore but was disgusted by the whole idea of people making money out of the serving military who dont get paid enough IMO but i wont start that rant... anyhoo please please get in touch id love to write to as many as possible ( inbox me or someyhing so i defgo get it)

thesownrose
Msg: 67
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/13/2013 12:53:33 AM

I'm currently looking to get a forces pen pal, not only does it help to keep moral high but who knows, if you and the guy get on well you could end up dating but you have to pay for all the sites i've looked on so far, does anyone know any sites ?

Yep, try the forcespenpals website :)
 PeekaBelle
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:31:36 PM

I've been on there, you have to pay, I do not want to pay
 cinderfreakinella
Msg: 69
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:34:37 PM
Plenty of military are members here anyway, do they actually want 'penpals' these days with all the available electronic methods of communication there are now? Just a thought.

My son is in the Army and him and his mates are all over the net in one way or another, FB in particular.

And date a soldier? Only if you like long absences...their lives are very transient

vvvvvvvvvv FRED

I agree with everything you say there...they can have 'war romances' thru blueys ...same as people have 'holiday romances'...dont read too much into it and always expect nothing...

Those in the green zone will enjoy female/male contact...but I wouldn't expect it to last long after that
 fredforties
Msg: 70
Pen Pals in the Forces
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:48:37 PM
cinders - true, but it is still nice - and fun - to get a bluey from a stranger when you're bored shitless in a place you can't really escape for 6 months - the brain can get very stale... but girls - do be careful, and have a little think what you may be letting yourselves in for.

soldiers, like everyone, are like everyone and anyone. there are self-contained guys (and girls) who can deal with stuff easily and there are the less robust who may think they have finally scored.. and who may think you have invited them to turn up on your doorstep unannounced. the mind can play a lot of tricks and more so when you are thousands of miles (and years it seems) away with a lot of time to do not a lot of thinking... so soldiers can read too much into what is just friendly intentions.

lots of guys have internet access - especially those in bastion and kandahar - it is really the front edge where technology is a bit stretched so if you do write, ask for 'soldier in a forward operating base'...

just be careful and be careful what you wish for. be in no doubt the lads are hoping for a looker with pics...

but if soldiers are your thing, relax - the army is likely to get very bored soon when it isn't in iraq or afghnistan - though history suggests i will be wrong - but soldiers are likely to have a more settled existence in the near future which is good in many ways. and it isn't a bad life - most are relatively fit!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pen Pals in the Forces