Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Racer71
Msg: 26
can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It's very possible! However, that doesn't mean that he really is in love but he can very well be!
 foxygrizz
Msg: 27
can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?
Posted: 7/9/2006 4:55:24 PM
Personally I would be very careful with that....same thing happened to me last year. Met a guy on another site we fell for each other instantly. I moved in fairly soon afterwards giving up my $60,000 a year job for him and relocating. Everything seemed perfect, we were looking for a house to buy, never had a disagreement between us, I mean it seemed perfect. On valentines Day he kisses me goodbye and goes to work and an hour later sends me an email from work saying it was over. He realized he wasnt in love with me like he thought he was! I was devistated. I still dont know the real reason he ended it other than he changed his mind. So now Im alot more cautious with my feelings.
 souldesires
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:03:38 PM
I met a man 6 weeks ago.two weeks later he was just short of telling me he loves me.

A Man can fall in love with just one look from a Woman.

some of Us wear our heart on our sleeves.
 Flying66
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:33:07 PM
I have a very different experience with the understanding of people like this. Either media induced or otherwise they feel desire for you or a certain obligation to act this way. It's supposed to be "romantic". LOL! He sounds dumb. Tell him to snap out of it in not so many words. Or perhaps more words. LOL what a laugh. If you're feeling a little smoothered let him know that it's not romantic at all ! And actually can push people away if overdone. If you like him being your ****.. by all means go ahead.
 Flying66
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:35:16 PM
ps. he does like you YES .. take it as a compliment but he has to take it easy on that stuff or he's going to ruin the chemistry :( if he hasn't already.
 dawn1114
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:49:14 PM
It can happen. No doubt about it.

He could also be just be a needy person, one of those who's in love with "being in love." None of us here can tell that. You have to judge that, because you're the only one here who knows him.

Another important question: how do you feel about him? If you don't feel the same way, and don't tell him SOON, his heart may get broken. It doesn't sound like you want that to happen, so if you have any doubts at all, please, please, have that big heart-to-heart talk with him.

Be kind. Men's hearts are fragile, too.
 haydendavid2005
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:55:07 PM
I dont know if I would say it was love. I would think that to really be in love with someone you should know them better. Like some one else mentioned he may be inlove with the thought of you. There is nothing wrong with that, but watch out when that wares off. I dont know the details of your relationship but, if its been along time since he has felt that way, he may be experiencing some pretty heavy emotions that he is confusing with love. If you like him just enjoy it. If its too much for you then tell him that its too much. I dunno, I would just enjoy it. :)
 urbanfever
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/9/2006 5:56:59 PM
Love is a two-way street. It doesn’t sound like you love this guy and he seems to be spooking you with all his affection.

Well, you have found a guy who seems to worship the ground you stand on. If you’re not ready for his reality and to meet him on an equal footing then let him know now so that he can recover quickly from his intense emotions.
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:00:10 PM
It's a rush job and DO NOT MOVE IN WITH HIM..take your time..it could be that his finances need a little tuning up..and your income will just be the ticket to help out...MAKE SURE THE FINANCIAL conversation comes up..k? most couples fight over who pays what bill...

just a touch of reality.....good luck..
 killerdogsmooch
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:07:20 PM
Well,

I don't know. It seems to me that a guy should consciously demonstrate control to you so he could keep you. We men know that we are not suppose to say we love you that soon. Is it because he thinks your type of personality would submit to him if he acts this way?
 bdr109
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:18:01 PM
Most guys can fall for someone very quickly. It takes years of practice to develop the self control to keep some distance for a while. It can really stink because most of the time relationships that are going to fail seem to do so pretty early, but not quite early enough.

Good luck
 -P-
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:36:54 PM
Despite my best efforts, cartesian analytical thinking style, and an almost superhuman ability for willpower, I did.. in less than 24 hrs. I just couldn't help it. I started a topic a couple of days about it - it's been hovering in the first three pages - but that's how alien to me that feeling was.

There is a difference between love, lust, and infatuation though.. in my case, I've just been completely floored ever since.

So, um yeah it possible :) .. but pay attention to what he says he's feeling to determine if it's really love..
 Meleah
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:56:56 PM
Yes, it can happen. It's happened to me twice. My exhusband said he fell in love with me the moment I opened the door and he looked into my eyes. Scared me at first but a year later we were married and we made it through twenty years together before it all fell apart.

The second time was last year and this man told me he loved me right after our first date. He later told me that he fell in love with me before he even laid eyes on me - we'd been chatting online and then on the phone for a couple of weeks.

So, yes, I do believe it can happen to guys. I believe in love at first sight - for others - it's never happened to me. I need time to get to know a man first and then I gradually fall in love with him.

Enjoy this special time....but I really think you need to slow this down and get to know him better. Good luck!
 imthinkin
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:57:56 PM
Wow, who is the all seer and knower of things that can put a timeline on love???? Socraetes? Plateau? Comeon whos the timeline guru,???? Sure its possible, y not, love is as individual as all of us are, so why is "NO" the big answer here, not sayin that he is or is not, he is the only 1 who knows, and its up to you OP to accept it for what it is or not. Do you enjoy his company , do u like how he makes u feel? U share keys so u must feel comfortable with oneanother?? Dont question it , enjoy it, and eventually u may recriprocate that! But if your thoughts are weary maybe you might wanna reconsider you role in this if you dont feel strongly about him as well and maybe never could, think about how far u r willing to take this?
 squirl8000
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 4:28:52 PM
thank you to everyone who gave ur thoughts on this subject.I did look up limerence and it gave me so much more info about falling in love.I see that it might fade away a little bit,and that`s fine with me.I just want him and I to be on the same page.So,I`m gonna enjoy this relationship for what it is and not worry about what`s gonna happen in the future.I just needed to know if men really do fall in love this quickly.I`m relieved that I don`t really have to do anything except enjoy it and eventually I know I will be in the place he is now.He`s a great guy(so far)and want to take it further.So,I just need to relax and enjoy his company.
 Dru
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/10/2006 4:32:01 PM

Could he really be in love with me?Or should I be suspicious?

I think the real question is, are you being left behind emotionally? Are you looking for a way out because he's making you uncomfortable by having these strong emotions already?
 zentral
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 4:33:30 PM
Yes, it can happen. And we're still madly in love together over 6 years later. Of course, I knew very clearly what I was looking for, and after a few weeks I knew she met those criteria. Still it took another year to make it work, given distance and other issues.
 Lotsofbutterflies
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/10/2006 4:39:14 PM
Just try to reveal him the things that are not attractive about you. See if that sends him away. If it doesn't then at least you've warned him!!! Good luck, and don't forget, that you have to fall in love too eventually, unless you feel like torturing the poor guy.
 canali
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:12:10 PM
I doubt if it's love...more like extreme smittenness/infatuation (but who knows under what circumstances/time spent was there...so I can't generalize, either)....and while that infatuation part is part and parcel of the biological/mother nature hook, it's but a small part of the real litmus test for the long haul demanding devotion and effort...and not just having a definition of love based on 'feelings'.
 catsweetface
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:24:09 PM
I would look inside yourself and trust your gut feelings. Ask yourself why you felt the need to question his intentions.

Being a true romantic myself, I hope this is true love for you - but please always be careful.

Good luck!!!

Cat
 metabaron
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:34:09 PM
Men fall in love rather easily. Show them some affection and attention and they'll be all over you. Some women learn how to use this very poweful weapon to control men, but that's another topic.

This is not true love. Or maybe it is. It could be just infatuation. It has nothing to do with him viewing you attractive - that is given, otherwise he wouldn't be going out with you. Also, it has nothing to do with being in control. He may just be infatuated by you and is unable to discern the difference between true love and infatuation.
I would guess that the email break-up story was probably something similar. After the infatuation is gone, the man realized his mistake. It is actually I think better it ended that way, despite the job loss - you don't want to be married for a long time to someone who will not love you.

In any case, if you are asking this question on the forum it means you are not really sure about this. Just tell him you are still not there yet and that you need some more time. And that you will tell him as soon as you know. Follow your heart and forget the advices on credit check. Even if it's a fleeting moment of happiness it is still worth it. You can't live life viewing every potential man as a cheater or money spender. Life is not credit cards.
 sammy salt
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:54:38 PM
My brother asked a girl he met to marry him on their second date, and they got married a few days ago. I went to the wedding, and it did seam like he got a good on with out having to weed threw dates. They seam happy.
 maskndolls
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/10/2006 6:00:21 PM
yeah a guy or a girl can fall in love in just 3 weeks or less I told my fience that I loved him on the first date and he said it right back and as of monday we are engaged so it can happen rare but true. He loves me for me not for what I look like or who I am associated with and same for me and when I said as of monday its been just over a month so dont worry he could really honestly be "In Love" with you.

~Fiesty~
 Horror-film-Mark
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/10/2006 6:11:20 PM
been there ,done that... its like stepping off a cliff, you fall quick and the end hurts bad.
(still missing ya mj)
 KR_fish
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/10/2006 6:13:05 PM
He loves you depends on how much he knows you all the other part is just attraction and that does not always mean things will turn out bad. i wish you good luck with your new relationship

I met a man 6 weeks ago.two weeks later he was just short of telling me he loves me.two weeks after that.He says he can see me living with him in the future.He`s now tells me he loves me and gives me compliments all the time.He always wants to be around me. We see each other almost everyday.he stays by my place and I stay by his.He`s already given me keys to his place.He keeps tabs on our anniversy(it`s only been 6 weeks we`ve been together)Could he really be in love with me?Or should I be suspicious?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?