Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > FWB or relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 txpmp57
Msg: 26
FWB or relationshipPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

The problem with being a FWB, more than likely your "friend" will become jealous and pissed off if he sees you with ANYONE.

Bendalin, couldn't agree more. If she is faking it as a "friend" and not being straight with you, expect anything from bunny boiler to biatch from hell as a result of your adventures. Same thing if you aren't.
 eightsixfiveone
Msg: 27
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/20/2006 5:34:27 PM
You may just be using the wrong labels. FWB (Friends W/Benifits) is different than FB (fvck buddy) FB= not a relationship just sex
FWB= a Friend that you do stuff with as friends and occaisionally help each other out in other ways
FB- not a relationship
FWB- is a relationship and maybe there is something that makes you think that you shouldn't be a real couple but you really like each other anyway.
 swf 1968
Msg: 28
view profile
History
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/20/2006 9:33:13 PM
ok trying to get this straight. So since I'm not looking for long term. But want somebody I can spend my one day a week off with going for breakfast/lunch, drive etc. Then what I should be adding to my profile is "looking for FWB".
I do have a very healthy sexual appetite but not going to happen on 1st meet (timmies) or even 1st date.

Haven't had anyone show interest in my profile so maybe if mention that will get bite. Lately just been me and my "toys". But that another question...how do men feel knowing the women has her own supply of toys. (Yes, I've bought them all myself.)

SWF
 niceiowaguy
Msg: 29
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/26/2006 9:45:09 AM
What is FWB? I never seen the addv. before. Humm...
 swf 1968
Msg: 30
view profile
History
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/26/2006 10:03:30 PM
FWB = friends with benefits (benefits is usually sexual)
 BLUEEYEDDOLL85
Msg: 31
view profile
History
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/26/2006 10:46:22 PM
Okay so what I have learned is that most guys from 18 to about 33 are looking for FWB... There is nothing wrong with have FWB as long as it is safe and as long as there is respect between the two of you... The key word is "FRIENDS" if a guy just wants to bone and leave then he just wants a booty call... I have had a good experience with having a FWB... He is my friend, we call and talk to each other about normal things, and we hang out just like other friends do, but we also had the perk of having sex together. Its really just a matter of demanding that key word "FRIENDS" and respect without the emotional attachment of dating exclusively... and since you are only 21 a good FWB would probably be a good experience as long as it was with someone you liked as a friend
 polaris_guy
Msg: 32
FWB or relationship
Posted: 9/27/2006 6:40:20 AM
I think everyone is different. For me, I'd take a relationship hands down any day of the week. I like coming home to somone, thinking about them throughout the day, and doing all of the little things that you do for someone you care about. I believe the romance, intimacy, and the passion are all much better within a relationship. I have no interest in casual flings or FWB's, and never have.
 -Melissa-
Msg: 33
FWB or relationship
Posted: 10/12/2006 10:01:41 AM
FWB? At my age? NO WAY! I'm looking for much more! Save sex for marriage!
 darkestrose
Msg: 34
view profile
History
FWB or relationship
Posted: 10/12/2006 10:53:05 AM

FWB- is a relationship and maybe there is something that makes you think that you shouldn't be a real couple but you really like each other anyway.

That's actually a good description in my experience. I've been with someone who didn't have much in the way of time to commit to a full-on relationship, so she'd come to my place and we'd fool around. Neither of us wanted a relationship (I was just out of one that pretty much screwed up my head), she didn't have time she thought I deserved. It lasted about 6 months and it was really great. I could do all the emotional garbage I needed to do with her with no guilt. She really helped me in that aspect..but we both knew it wouldn't last..

She always said a FWB situation was better than picking up some random person at a bar or something

..hey..we all have needs..
 forever_young
Msg: 35
FWB or relationship
Posted: 12/20/2006 3:56:12 PM
Not all guys want that, but some ,including myself, are sometimes willing to settle for that. I think the biggest reason for this is that us guys can't match up to what you want in a long -term lasting relationship. The "Knight in shining armour" with endless resources to make the life you "dreamed of".

Unable to meet these expectations, we settle for the alternative...........
 Cardinalduke
Msg: 36
FWB or relationship
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:39:46 AM
Like other posters have alluded to, it seems like people put too little emphasis on the 'friends' part of a FWB relationship. A true friend can mean a great deal to a man. The friendship is or should become stronger than the benefits, if the friend is a true friend and not a mere acquaintance.

FWB usually fails when one partner develops feelings for the other partner. And to remove all ambiguity, the only feeling I care about here is LOVE (romantic love)! All other strong feelings can be shared with a friend. But not romantic love. If one partner falls in love, then imo it is no longer a fwb situation. And the house comes crashing down. It ends badly.

FWB can take some of the pressure off of dating. For some people removing expectations allows the relationship to flourish and strengthen. For others a LTR is better. There is commitment and ostensibly romantic love at some point.

I have enough reasons for my interest in a LTR over a FWB. And none of those reasons make me think less of a FWB situation. I am actually a big proponent of them. My goals are long-range. I am not interested in 'planning' to date a woman for only a short while. The long range aspect of a relationship appeals to me. FWB can be transitory. And that can hurt when you really like who you are with...then life gets in the way!
 vfelix
Msg: 37
FWB or relationship
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:01:34 AM
hell ya FWB thats the only way!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > FWB or relationship