Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 doina8
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?Page 19 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
thanks for this post ....i am learning from it. please tell me can you guys see my picture. i have a very difficult time with computers and can't find a way to get a hold of plenty of fish
 doina8
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?
Posted: 6/11/2011 9:04:43 PM
sorry about asking regarding my picture. i see i have one on here. I need to ask a question. i hope it's not as dumb as the first one. Is it true that there are strength in numbers?....meaning the reason some men have several women is because that way their emotions don't get attached to any of the women? thanks in advance for your answers
 happychunk
Msg: 453
Posted: 6/12/2011 6:36:08 AM
The sex on a first date thing was an old taboo!!!
Guess it can spark many different views,depending on the person!!!
Whether it kills a relationship,i think its a personal decision between 2 grown adults and how they interpret it!!!
I have had sex on the first date and i'm sure many others have...whether they admit it or not...
i've even had a 7 year relationship with the woman i slept with on first date!!!!
Depends on some issues mentioned below:
Guess in one respect,the old adage of being wrong,unlady like,waiting til its right,being easy and even being called a whore can come into it...but it has to do with how,and what type of person they are and their intentions!!!

on the other hand,we all know nowadays,that spontaneity,mutual attraction n chemistry,life is short and just being an adult and if your not hurting anyone or each other then its ok to follow your passions i think...
 nowornever22
Msg: 454
Posted: 7/16/2011 5:25:08 AM
You don't have to buy every car you sit in
 Jillian1963
Msg: 455
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:46:43 PM
Wow you must have a very low sex drive!!
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 456
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:07:54 PM

op: Who here has had sex on a first date… and it ended up turning into a deep loving relationship?

Several times.

…if it is possible to make it work after you have done so much so fast.

We didn't do it fast. And it was more than possible. The sex was good, we liked each other, and we wanted the relationship.
And there were other occasions when we did not want an ongoing relationship and didn’t pursue one.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:37:12 PM
I like sex on the 1st date. First of all, it's pretty fun. Secondly, I know that I am fertile and an alphae male.

And it's always up to the woman whether there's going to be action. Men will always take sex when it's out there. It's like my pet snake refusing to eat a rat.....will never happen. I always try to get to know girls even if the sex happens too soon. In all fairness, there is some sexual attraction so why not see if you connect on an intellectual, emotionally, spiritual...level.
 sweetchick63
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 12:27:23 AM
im not into sex on a first date but have met a lot of men who want this.It dose put me off if a man expects this
 Cathysaint
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:20:34 AM
I dont know, It might, but I think if you dont know the person and they dont know you, its not the best way to kick start anything more.
I assume it would be a one night stand, if people are having sex right off. Sexual chemisty or the need for sex would not be based on love, because that takes time, and they would not even know what you have for breakfast at that stage, but its possible, like anything is
 The_Song
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:23:27 AM
sex on a first date usually means we don't really want a real relationship with the girl and just want to have sex or a sex friend.
 WhitePanda
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:39:50 AM
Anyone who makes you wait for sex probably isn't worth it.
 viper1j
Msg: 462
Posted: 7/17/2011 11:15:06 AM

Who here has had sex on a first date or knows someone who has had sex on a first date and it ended up turning into a deep loving relationship?

Me. I even married her, and 7 years, 5 months, and 11 days later, I buried her.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 463
Posted: 7/17/2011 12:29:09 PM
Fine with no sex the first date, its usually all too nervy anyways - but before the end of the week, if you aint knocking boots - it aint ever happening. I have moved on, or she was bored, in any case no chemistry.
I would hate to have great fun on nite one only to find out that was it.
at least if you know the rest of the relationship was vanilla - you never got attached to what you didnt have.
(and when you think about it clinically - there is very little difference from girl A to B to C to D to ETC - if all it is were a warm hole, then hell any hole is as good as the next - That kind of thinking gets you into trouble more often than not)
never let the nooky get in front of a full risk mitigation - you will be sorry later
 Natgoat
Msg: 464
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:21:45 PM
It Can...but not necessarily Will...automatically..!
If it's Really Great Sex...for Both...it can be the bonding agent to make a truly Great relationship..!!
But there are a _LOT_ of other factors that need to be discussed / involved in completing said relationship..!!
 Floramac
Msg: 465
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:25:55 PM
""""""""""I myself need to care about someone """"""""

You can care about me......send a check or MO to pob.......

nova1967
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:09:18 PM
In My crcle of close friends we have a saying it is " Real is Real True Is True and Fake Is Fake " that is to say if a person is real or fake sex on the first date wont let you know how many divorces happened to people who did not have sex on the first date.Conclusion there has to be another key
 Summer_frenchy
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:47:03 AM
Sex allows to know more on your potentiel partner. I'll never get in a couple with a girl without having sex before, neither i'll have sex with her without talking a little.

I think men who are chocked by a woman who wants to have sex the first time, has just some serious problem with sex and women.

Why being cold when both want it ? It isn't spontaneous at all, so it's not romantic at all for me.

And I'm not stupid. I know that if a woman don't have sex with me the first time, it's just because I failed something : almost all women can have sex on first date, it's not weird at all.

I don't want to wait a girl who is just not enough interested by me
 m_church
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 12:47:40 PM
If you ask enough men, you will find that most of them, whether they want a relationship or not will still say sex on the first date is good.... They're not going to come out and say , "Hey, first date sex kills any chance of it going further.... ", No matter what they actually believe, because they know that the more women who believe in first date sex they greater their odds of getting laid on the first date...
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 469
Posted: 7/18/2011 1:01:24 PM
I married my ex husband after having sex on the first date. What I say I LIKED his look and loved the accent.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:02:42 PM
It's always a risk.

Cus if two people are compatible then it may bring em closer.
But if not, it just will end things sooner.
 dans80
Msg: 471
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:35:56 PM
I Think that most men who are looking for a relationship and find the perfect girl for them would wait months before sex. where as the girl who will sleep with him on the first date I dont think he will respect
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 472
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:41:07 PM
sex should happen between the 3rd-5th date..after that its friend-mode..and b4 that its fwb.. so no, it does not work on the 1st date.
 dans80
Msg: 473
Posted: 7/18/2011 5:16:35 PM
Gormetchef your point about the friend thing duely noted , 3rd to 5th date it is ha !
 abelian
Msg: 474
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:49:23 PM

If you ask enough men, you will find that most of them, whether they want a relationship or not will still say sex on the first date is good....

Does that mean that guys are lying and saying that sex would be good when they really think sex on a first date is bad? What's bad about it and why would a guy say it's good if he thought it was bad? (I don't know about you, but if I think something is bad, it's because I think there's something wrong with doing it and as a result, I don't do it.)

No matter what they actually believe, because they know that the more women who believe in first date sex they greater their odds of getting laid on the first date...

Or equivalently, ``...because they know the more men who believe in first date sex, the grater their odds of getting laid on the first date.'' Is this a revelation? Isn't it sort of self-evident that the more men (and women) who think sex on a first date is ok, the greater the chances that men and women will get laid on the first date?
 grayskiesforyou
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 7:28:59 PM
It seems the original question was not to get feedback on whether sex on the first date is morally acceptable, but rather if sex on the first date will negatively impact the future of the potential relationship. I cannot comment with too much personal experience on this matter, but I have found that the earlier two people (who are actually interested in more than just a booty call in the first place) have sex, the more murky the situation. I can only speak for women similar to myself, but the feelings attached to having sex with a man can convolute her feelings FOR the man himself. It is much easier to fool yourself into thinking he might be THE ONE when you have shared the intimacy and connection on a physical level, especially when your belief is that the physical and emotional are directly related. I think women are much more likely to overlook incompatibility (which in the long run for a relationship only spells a bad ending) once they have been physically intimate with a man. As unrealistic as it may be in our modern society, I do think forming relationships without the sex involved is the smartest way too go, unfortunately this seems to be less and less these days.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?