Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Neonmitch
Msg: 101
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?Page 5 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Here's a different spin on it.

I think relationships are alive: they can grow and evolve indepedently of the parties invovled. Sometimes if it feels "right", sex on the first date can be great, especially if you both know it will be a short-term kinda fling. But both parties have to acknowledge that and have the same level of expectation. More often, people are looking for something more long-term, and sex on the first date kills the romance, suspense and just old-fashion courting.

Thats this turtle's opinion
 shinxy
Msg: 102
Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?
Posted: 9/14/2006 10:36:13 PM
My ex-boyfriend just called me this afternoon. He was wounded in a roadside bomb in Iraq as part of the fourth infantry that lost 2 men. His right leg is very messed up. He has a couple of schrapnel wounds and his hearing is giving him problems. Rather than thinking about himself, he called me so that I wouldn't worry. After 20 years, and our wanting to become one, is this my imagination or does this seem like a developing relationship?
 MickeyDo
Msg: 103
Sex on a First Date - Does it Killl Relationship? LONG!!!
Posted: 9/18/2006 10:43:20 AM
Here is my take from a 32 years of married life guy. Previously in the time before marrage, I have not had sex ithe a girl for over a year, did it last, no. I have sex on the first date, well it lasted as long as the first one I shared. She didnt want sex on the sex on the second date. Shit happens, we did stay together for a year and a half. I guess that first date was so full of passion, she was ready for it. A differnt date on the second date as we went to a inside movie where we could not do much but see the movie. She had been with other guys

I allways tried to respect every girl I was with. I can not think of any but a one date girl. No disrecpt. Just nothing there. I have even went out with "air heads". They could not even have a conversation, which I tried. The sex was great! But at some point that does'nt keep you together.

If you are going to have a long term relation, or especialy get married your SO should be your best friend!!!!! Any thing less is not going to work for too lone, a few years, but who knows.

The first girl I loved, and I don't use the term lightly. We went out for a good while, she did not want sex, but she wanted to have my children so thats the way it was. I would wait.. We made no comments for anything to happen at a certain, but when I found out she was screwing a "friend" It hurt very bad. I wanted her so bad, and not for sex, that I could not give up on her. She later got pregant with that guy. He has never seen his kid. I would have married her pregant. Some things are not to be. She has had two failed marrages.

So I think sex on the first date does not matter. Lets face, guys in their young days, and I think, untill they can not have sex anymore, we are all HornDogs deep inside. the longer we are with out some sex the worse we get. Even married or not. It is a thing called testerone.
The amount may drop in most men as they get older and easier to control. But I am in my 50's and it is still there, just below the Surface, waiting to get out!!! Too many years of this in our gene pool.

Mickey.

Sorry for the long post
 MickeyDo
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/18/2006 10:48:54 AM
Well I still have rescue dogs and dog rehab... 16 currently. Some will never leave because of their age.

Mick
 Karl73
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:45:09 PM
Sex on the first date is proof that the lady is easy. If that matters to the man, it harms the prospect for a long-term relationship. Otherwise, it should not be harmful.
 moffiaprincess
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2006 1:03:15 PM
if you have that connection.. NOPE ! sometimes things just feel right .. never doubt your feelings !
 golong
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/18/2006 5:26:14 PM
Yes STD's are no laughing matter.
Would u date someone with Hep.C or AIDS?
 Trazhy
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/18/2006 6:15:21 PM
Once had sex with a woman in the first 5 mins and it lasted for 10 years. Met my ex wife and took 6 months to crack the nut and found out I had married satan herself.
 cabman86
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/18/2006 6:23:31 PM
i, myself, prefer to wait to get to know someone first. i have had sex on the first date but it never worked out for me. of course waiting hasnt either or i wouldnt be here would i?

i prefer waiting simply because it seems like if you know the person more it becomes more personal in the bedroom and not just sex. it feels better when its with someone you care about for some reason. and waiting seems to boost the desire some too.

of course ive been waiting for a couple of years now so any time now!!!!!!!
 whitedove38
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/18/2006 7:03:55 PM
I'm sorry but if you lose all respect in her you should also lose all respect in yourself because she certainly didn't have sex alone.
 whitedove38
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/18/2006 7:07:42 PM
Sorry, this post reply was to user Keichler, I didn't really like his post reply. Why should women always be considered as easy if we sleep with a man on the first date when....HEY...we didn't do it alone. So what does that make the man?
 brummiegal
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:10:03 AM
Oh my god,
There is such thing as an honest man,I completley agree with this answer,i have had my fair share of one night stands and serious relationships and in the end a one night stand is exactly what it says on the tin!!!!!ONE NIGHT,How can you expect a man to have any form of respect for you if you have none for yourself.
Don't get me wrong there fun but don't think its gonna go any further
 EB1
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:17:11 AM
Sex on a first date with total stranger?

Yes, I assume it would kill off potential relationship. I have never had sex with a total stranger, so I would not know.

I'm sure some end up having a happy relationship too, but I think it's quite dangerous way to find out.
 Massmale1959
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 10:05:18 AM
I think it depends on the people, i believe sex on a first date doesnt kill a potential relationship at all really. Chemistry can be very hot at times, leading to great sex, leading to a great relationship, ya its possible i believe...
I dated a woman for five years, and we had sex the very first time we ever met, it was hot, she was sweet, and i wanted to get to know more of her... unfortunately, in time, our attitudes and outlook on things changed, five years later, but she is still an awsome person...
I really dont believe in love at first site... i thinks its lust at first site , that can turn in to love sometime later.. as for anyone bein a slut , cause she slept with me the very first time... noooo way, whats that make me ? How could or would i even dare call someone something, that i have done exactly what they have done. What makes me the better to judge ? Nothing, nothing at all...
But anyway... like anything in life , there is amost no straight foward answers, go with the flow and just be happy !!!!
 Social one
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/16/2006 10:35:02 AM
I liked how you answered that question sex on the first date. there are alot of shallow people out there I am not saying I have ever done that but have friends that have. and people judge them. so now I am going to see how you did on the others.
 leisha1017
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/16/2006 10:40:15 AM
One of the first things we girls learn in DATING 101 is do NOT sleep with the guy on the first date! He will think "If she slept with me on the first date, she is sleeping with everyone!"
And on top of that, it is much more fun making him earn it, dont you think?
 sngldad824
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/16/2006 11:06:58 AM
I think that it's a tough call to answer this question. I read a few replys(not all) and think it's just a case by case thing. I personally would rather not have sex on the first date, IF I think things could turn into something longterm. I like the chase I guess you could say. If a woman has sex on the first date where is the fun in the chase.
 sex kitten 25
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/18/2006 11:02:54 AM
I had sex on the fist incounter (calnt raley put date it was at a friends party) and we have been together for 9 years. The trick is dont let them finish then they are gagging for more and the woman has normally been satisfied.
 aware4u
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/18/2006 11:32:53 AM
I'll agree with others on the length of time you have known each other. Love at first sight is rare, and although a romantic, I know it is usually Lust at first sight. Impossible for me to develop a deep intimate bond with her solely based on Lust. We are adults, and somehow society made rules that are absurd and outdated. If you want sex, than have sex with whomever, and take care. If you want a deep, intimate bond with someone else, best learn how to be each others friend first (without sex). If you ask those who have been married 40yrs+, they will say two things; we were friends first and commitment meant staying together till the end of our lives (unless it became Life threatening). To answer your question, on first dates sex kills...........
 [5th]TokeN
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/18/2006 11:49:06 AM

I really dont believe in love at first site... i thinks its lust at first site , that can turn in to love sometime later..

Very true. Lust is instantaneous, Love needs time to grow.
 Smiling I z
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/18/2006 12:13:27 PM
When I was 18 years old I hooked up with the one love of my life so far (teenager love, lol, its always seems better). We had sex (well oral) on the first date. We went all the way on the second date. I had a strong pull from my buddies to back away from the relationship because she had a boyfriend (she wasn't sexually involved with him) but I liked something about her (not just the sex) so we kept going out. It was a very physical relationship but we spent alot of time doing things together. We were always together.

Of course teenager love is alot different than adult love. This is kind of a Romeo and Juliet type situation. Adults have to go to work, etc, and so they can't devote so much. But I think what my point is, if people like each other, the number of dates you wait is irrelevant. This story could have gone another way. We could have decided not to go out. There was some drama after all with the boyfriend who I had to deal with later. It would have been easier for me to walk away.

I'd suggest waiting until you're comfortable with the person if you don't want to be played
 tango-shoes
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:38:37 PM
Gotta test drive the car before you buy it!
 benchfluff
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:48:09 PM
I guess I have been on both sides of this fence. I dated people and had done the deed on the first date and with the exception of one year long relationship nothing much came of it. About six and a half months ago I went out on a POF date and had a chance encounter with another guy. He walked up to me and asked me out while my date was in the washroom. We went out together the next evening on a 6 hour first date and a month and a half later moved in together. We never actually slept together for almost the first month and now have been happily ensconced with each other since. I waited six years for this one and it has all been worth the wait..Stay tuned lol.
 geriberry
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/18/2006 4:29:21 PM
I have never known sex on a first date to progress to a relationship,thats why I am celebate,I am waiting for the right man who treats me like a princess
Geri
 geriberry
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/18/2006 4:32:03 PM
Why do men try to have sex on the first date then knowing if they have it they wont respect the woman the next day? Why dont they feel lack of respect for themselves too post one night stand?
Geri
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?