Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > what does "christian - other" mean to YOU?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Biscottichai
Msg: 126
what does christian - other mean to YOU?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^ very nice TongFu
 Italia351
Msg: 127
view profile
History
what does christian - other mean to YOU?
Posted: 11/19/2007 3:35:18 PM
For me, it is because I am non-denominational. I am a Bible-based Christian, I believe God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and I believe the only way to heaven is through God.
 suzzzzieQ
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/27/2007 5:29:27 PM

it was the closest to my belief! if i could, i'd take "other" off and just say "Christian

Me too!!!!!!!!!!
 Amy Wowf
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:48:32 AM

For Christian choices they have the following:
Catholic, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist,
and Christian - Other

I guess if you are ... not listed in the above, you could select "Other"... or
Pastafarian (RAmen)
I've was watching my calories, so Pastafarian was out.

So that left Christian - Other.
 lulu604
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/5/2008 3:18:28 PM
As many before me have stated, it was the closest one to represent my faith.
I'm not Jewish, but I do observe the Sabbath and in order to do that I prefer to attend a Seventh Day Adventist church, even though I'm not Adventist.
I was baptised, but I'm not a Baptist.
My thinking process is far to liberal to be a Sabbatarian.
But I do like the pastafarian (is that right?)
The "Other" section seemed a little too vague.
Saturday will always be a day of worship for me, be it at church or enjoying the gifts of God in nature's beauty and the blessings of family and friends.
 greathaba
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/5/2008 4:47:15 PM
Well I put Christian-other cause of this:
I was baptized Apostilc Christian.. So I put Christian other cause my doination is not on most site....
 Passionatebluez
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:26:13 AM
For me personally it means I don't idenitfy with an particular demonational group or doctrine I have an ecltic view and believe varus things for various denominations but most of my beliefs are based on the charasmatic doctrine! I believe that it's this very issue that is separating the church body today and it's breaking God's heart because we are called to be one body unified with the same purpose the share the greatest love story ever written!! !
 mu7
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/6/2008 4:21:00 PM
By Christian other I mean Orthodox Christian. The Roman Catholic and Protestants sects that most Westerners are familiar with and whose history in taught in public schools are only a part of Christian History. The Western Church under the Pope of Rome separated itself from the other Bishops of Orthodox Christianity when he as a political captive of the Franks; tried to impose changes on the rest of Christianity. Because of the weakening of the Orthodox Church by the Roman Catholic sack of Constaniople during the 4th crusade and the lack of promised milatery support against muslim invaders. Orthodox Christianity in the East suffered under muslim occupation for some 600years. The Protestants as you have been taught in school attempted to reform the Roman Catholic Church ,but in there rejection of all Christian tradition they ended up forming many sects. Orthodox Christianity has continued and survied unchanged in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Thanks to the refugees of atheist persecution in the former Communist countries of the 20th century. Orthodox Christianity has really blossomed in the West as well in it's homelands, after the fall of the atheistic regimes.
 chelloveck
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 4:40:02 PM
^^^^^^^^

Well It is pleasing to note that those damnably infernal atheists were good for something...if only by causing the diaspora of the Christian Orthodox Church to the West.....who'd have thought it.
 Jacobus101
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:03:35 PM

chelloveck wrote:

Well It is pleasing to note that those damnably infernal atheists were good for something...if only by causing the diaspora of the Christian Orthodox Church to the West.....who'd have thought it.

LOL, indeed.

I'm personally fascinated by the recent development of "Western Orthodoxy". That is to say, churches which are in communion with the Orthodox Church, but use western (i.e. Roman Catholic-style) customs and rituals, like the Tridentine Latin Mass as opposed to the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. Western-style church buildings, vestments, and even some terminology. My favorite thing about this so-called "Western Orthodoxy" thing, though, is that there's a western Orthodox monastery up in Austin that uses the old Sarum Mass. This was the form of Mass used in England right before Henry VIII and the English Reformation. This form has, unfortunately, been suppressed even in the (Roman) Catholic Church since the reforms of Trent, but I hope it'll be re-authorized again someday.
 jeringham
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/21/2013 12:03:09 PM

myself would probably fall in that category and have to say that the title Christian other suit's me perfectly. I have read too many books on spirituality to plainly say that I am Christian. It's all about love, if you truly love you can't harm. I am reading the Bible at the moment and might end up changing my mind, but to me enlightenment is enlightenment. His their anybody out there who truly beleive's that Boudha is going to hell?

Now I know I am reapeting myself, but I didn't get an answer on this one yet.

[bold] If you meant Buddha the founder of the Buddhism movement. No, he is not going to hell. Since there is no hell I doubt very much if he will be going to said hell.

Also, if you are truly implying that one who truly loves can do no harm. Then you are very naive. Let's get real, anyone is capable of doing harm to anyone. Whether it be physical or mental harm. [/bold]
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > what does "christian - other" mean to YOU?