Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bathurstman
Msg: 76
Does True love Exist?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
it does its just real rare to find.very rare.some think they found it and then years after realise they made a mistake and it wasnt the right one.thats where so many divorces comes in.
 CaliSparkle
Msg: 77
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:08:43 AM
i can only believe true love does exist. and i hope to find it before i die.

--the hopeful romantic
 motherbear
Msg: 78
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:20:22 AM
I believe true love exists but it may not be meant to last forever. Feelings can change over time and even if true love exists, it may not be enough to hold two people together. People need to be emotionally available and willing to commit for true love to endure and so many other variables can weaken the bond. It takes a mature attitude to maintain the happiness that comes with being in love.
 Gravity_Vortex
Msg: 79
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:19:01 AM
I was married for almost 20 years....and ya...this dating stuff really sucks, and that putting it very mildly...and note..I am a GUY..OK!! And NO not all guys what one night stands. I hope there is such a thing as true love, for if it does not exist...then whats the point in anything any more. Sorry I am old softy romantic type guy. And I seek love, caring and compassion and so much more, and will give as well.... But its so hard to find it seem a real person these days without the games.
 Anchises
Msg: 80
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:26:23 AM
YES.

I've been there. I know. When it does arrive, you should never ever ever let it go.
 rosejade
Msg: 81
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:19:00 AM
Yes i have been there too. True love does exist but it doesn't say for how long! :-) lol
 rwcul
Msg: 82
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:26:05 AM
a lady like you is very hard to find. wish i could find someone like you here in Bossier City, LA
 Anchises
Msg: 83
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:41:02 AM
Rosejade, yes, there is no guarantee as to how long it lasts. Mine lasted for well over a decade. And that is just more reason as to why it should be treasured above all else. You should always live every day as if it were your last. If I were given the choice of one more day of complete unconditional love followed by my death, I'd take it.
 tmotts
Msg: 84
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:14:50 AM
Yes I think it does exist. If people could get past all the road blocks, walls and defenses. If people were more trustworthy and loyal. If people could stop envying what someone else has, than yes it does exist. But Love is a verb not a noun and needs action. You also have to want it and be open to it for it to happen.

I think ultimately thats what we all want. To Love and to be Loved. Probably the greatest joy in the world. Unfortunately most dont know how to get it or give it.

I do believe in Love and I wont stop until I find it again.
 xtamsx
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:05:45 AM
true love does exist, i dont think i have found it yet thou, maybe one day soon
 whitestarmama
Msg: 86
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:13:26 AM
i believe true love exists. i believe it with all my heart! sometimes you can't be with a person, but that doesn't mean you don't love them or that your love is "false". i love my best friend. we dated in high school and the relationship was disastrous (he says he was young and stupid, i'm inclined to agree). but we love each other deeply. when he met his wife i had a bit of a problem with it because nobody was ever "good enough" for him.. and then *i* met her and realized that she was perfect. i love her too, she has such an open heart and absolutely supports my friendship with him! and someday i hope i can find someone i love every bit as much as him, and who loves me back, AND who i can be with for the rest of my life even through the inevitable disagreements and hurdles we'd face. that to me is true love, and it's out there somewhere, it'll come to me at the right time if i'm open to receive it. in the mean time i'm having a great time getting to know people
 Sigi
Msg: 87
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:31:31 AM

Does True love Exist?

Yes, it does. At least in my experiences....
 Connie14u
Msg: 88
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:51:54 AM
hi TheresaF,

So sorry you had your heart broken and have had such bad experiences since then. The are just as many men as women who would love to find love, me included, but you have to be optimistic.

If you believe that every man is a b..... then he will be - you'll be sending out negative messages and only looking for the bad stuff and that's what you'll get. If you believe that most men are fundamentally good and look for the positive you'll find that too.

Theresa, just look for friends now and start trusting - don't just look for love, love can take a long time to find. It will come, just keep sending out the positive stuff!

Take good care,

Connie x
 CaptainKirkSmirk
Msg: 89
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:11:26 AM
I believe true love exists. Unfortunately it's always for one of the two in any given relationship at a time. I think both people being truly 100% in love with one another is a statistical impossibility.
 benet250
Msg: 90
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:37:32 AM
No I don't wonder, and yes it does exist, one has to take the time to listen very carefully to other person and hear what they are saying and not what you want to hear (not you personally just in general), as far as fooling around I will forgive once and the second time is the end (especially if it is with her ex husband, that one hurt as I was head over heels in love)
 Anchises
Msg: 91
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:50:25 AM
Perhaps all of us who do believe in it should form the True Love Society. We might not be able to change the world, but our members would sure be happy!!!
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 92
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:00:16 PM
Philosophically speaking, what is "love". Once people agree on the definition of love, then they can deliberate the question whether "true love" exists or not.

Love tends, alas, to be defined as something which encompasses emotions which cannot be categorised in other categories. E.g. lust or possessiveness or insecurity are often called "love".

Love in the wider sense, is love for the world, for humans, for the world around us. Just because one loves to have a soul mate for life, that does not mean she/he "loves" this soulmate or life "partner" or "other half".

Scientifically speaking, love cannot be defined. Its existence rather seems to fall within the realm of belief and hope.

And what does marriage or other forms have to do with the existence of LOVE? Are they the result of "need" or "dependency"? I do not know! Who really/truly "knows" what real/true love really/truly is? That is the question!!

The existence of true love is probably a more difficult topic to resolve than the existence of life in other planets! And is true love permanent or temporal/ephemeral? And is it exclusive or inclusive, philosophically speaking?

Love is in the air. It feels so. Is it so? A question of senses, maybe?
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 93
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:11:56 PM
I don't believe there are many people like that...like maybe one in a billion.
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 94
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:42:45 PM
allow herself time to heal and enjoy life girl !!!
maybe its the kind of men u attract that are into one night stands........personality maybe
those qualities do exist but it takes boundaries ,time and work to get what u are after relationship are work and it takes alot of communication..........
 afishcalledjack
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:05:15 PM
Yes. It exists.

What makes it fleeting for most is maintaining the delicate balance of loving yourself, loving your partner, and loving your relationship.
And that's only YOUR half of this complex equation.

Good luck.
 OtoƱo
Msg: 96
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:06:35 PM
Yes, I would have to say that true love does exist. The thing is thou people just don't want to work for it now adays. For true love to work one has to be willing to compromise and sacrifice some things. Now before anyone gets upset I am not saying you have to lower your standards or give your self. I am just saying that both sides might have give some and take some. Here is an example of what honestly I am willing to give up for the right person smoking. I hope this helped.
 Ryles_Krylees
Msg: 97
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/19/2007 1:00:58 AM
I would like to say that True Love does exists, when you really look at the world it is hard and gets harder to see cause of all the crap out there, however when you look at couples, older couples you see it when they look into each other and not at. For when you look into your loved one you can feel the love, respect and adoration they hold for you. I guess I'm just one very lucky person cause for me it has happened twice in my life time. When I was younger in my teen years I had true love and unfortunately she died when I was in my early 20s and I experienced it again in my mid 20s but at that time it was too scary so to speak and I did a stupid thing and ran from it, Now I'm in my 30s and have met with that same love I ran from and it is still there for us and I am not running this time cause I regretted it running the first time, I know it's True love I not just think it I feel it. I believe that true love does exist for everyone and it's how you look at it and into one another and with that it just might turn out to be not only true love but your soul mate and really people that is harder to find then just finding your True Love.
I"m not sure who was it that said this quote but it goes like this " true love exists in everyone and everyone has the ability to have true love, however, a soul mate, your perfect match is like trying to find a diamond in the rough, not everyone will be lucky enough to have that and see who's their soul mate"
So really the quandary about true love should be a question of "does a soul mate exist for everyone?"
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 98
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/19/2007 4:24:29 AM
As a follow up to my previous post on topic, and at a practical rather than "philosophical" level, I would have to say that I think that for a person to love another person, this person must first love both a) him/her self AND b) the whole world (and embrace it). Love is not about either lust or ... sacrifice. But that is only my personal view.

Love for the world, other peopleon this earth and soul mates is a most healthy and positive force on earth, that is my personal view!
 hbaby
Msg: 99
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/19/2007 7:00:34 AM
yes hun. True love really does exist. Think that some of us are just ment to hover around for a bit sampling some of the not so good people so when we do meet a good one we really do appreciate them.

Good luck with ur search, just be urself xx

Heather xx
 marshw
Msg: 100
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 2/19/2007 7:52:54 AM

the dating scene sucks!

That my dear is a choice! Just like any other part of life, it is what you make of it. Watch a movie titled "The Secret" (it can be viewed on line) and take control of your destiny.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?