Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NatGoat
Msg: 201
Does True love Exist?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I sure HOPE So . . !!
{I know that it found Me _Once_ already_ . . !!
. . I only hope that I'm allowed Another chance . . !!!}
. . .. .. ..!!..
 EligibleRespelled
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:44:18 PM
No right minded person ever pretended that the gendre are fully equal in all ways. An apostle said they were "in messiah" which is to say "in the anointing" as to say of the spirit - but in the flesh - if they are equal like you suggest why is it that we don't have to consult the Olympic record book for strength, speed, Jumping, throwing, team sports, swimming -there are thousands of names without any females ever in the same league with men - again - we don't have to go to the olympics, nor to the professionals, nor to the universities, nor to the college and junior college, nor to the high school record books - we can rely on the junior high record books in every state to prove this same point!
some people will ignore a thousand pieces of evidence and never concede their point - it's called stubbornness and that translates idolatry - "For rebellion (…) the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness (…) iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of Iaua, he has also rejected you from (being) king."1Sam15:23
 Lixiette
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:39:04 PM

All I want is someone who is loving, compassionate, and caring. And most of all honest. does these qualities exist anymore? I wonder, do you?

Definitely yes. I know where you're coming from. I always thought I was a good judge of character--until after high school Boys treated me respectfully in high school. When they liked me, they respected me as well, mostly because there was friendship there first. But college is an entirely different thing. People (boys and girls) generally only wanted to ****, never to talk, or socialize. Suddenly my "worth" was judged by how fast I would drop my pants for a guy. I didn't have any of it.

My only relationships were ever with guys who respected me and cared... and it also helped that they were bad liars.

True love exists, but you should be on the guard. If you know that you have good intentions, then you should do the chasing. Don't wait for a good man to find you--find a good man. A hint from an inexperienced dater--good guys aren't on the market. They're usually taken, or they're hiding in leisure activities.

Start hanging out with a guy friend more often. Check out his ball games with his friends. Crash one of his poker games. Don't over-do it or you'll be a tag-along. Basically, don't push so hard for a date--meet someone and establish a good friendship first.
 regalrose
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/21/2007 5:40:49 PM
I still believe true love exists. I was married twice...still am legally tied to the second one and have been for almost 13 yrs, but he emotionally vacated the marriage around the second year. I have seen true love in my parents, and in the lives of friends who still act many years later as if they are still honeymooning. Yes it is real, yes it exists, but as one poster put it, is it attainable? That same poster mentioned settling as well, rather than holding out for what could be...but then, with each person, how do you know? People change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not when it comes to relationships...so how does one know when "what could be" arrives? Does some "sign" show up? Do you have to take the chance of spending x amount of years with them to figure out ooops they aren't or wow they are? There is one major variable that people who believe in true love (like myself) can never pinpoint no matter how hard they try, and that is the variable of the other person in the relationship. You can never know what they will or won't do down the road, all you can do is take a chance on love, and know your own heart.

I know how that feels hon, been there....still there....and don't want to be cheated on, nor do I want to be used. It's hard many times to determine what a man is actually after....some will tell you the truth, some will tell you whatever they THINK you wanna hear, in order to get what they want...again, how do you know which are which? All you can do is follow your heart and your instincts, and hope for the best. The same goes for men because many have been hurt by women this way too.
 Im_Fun_4U
Msg: 205
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 5:29:20 AM
" True Love Is Seen Through The Heart Not Through The Eyes"
 fouthempire
Msg: 206
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 6:46:03 AM
Yes true love exists.
But you gotta stop looking outward for it. I know that true love exists, because, well... I'm true love. I know that sounds weird. But as I see it, true love starts with one's self. Meaning, you're not gonna find true love through a man. You're gonna find it in your own heart, your own passions and emotions that exists whether a man is there or not.

Example, I'm in love right this moment. And the first question is always 'who am I in love with?'. And that's the wrong question. Love/being in love/true love exists not as something you project upon someone else, it's something you are. It exits on it's own within my heart, it doesn't need someone for it to be alive.

If you want true love, start by looking within yourself and know all the love you'll ever have,share, cherish is alive within you right this moment. Not looking for a man to create what's already there.

Bonne Chance
 40andwiser
Msg: 207
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 8:43:40 AM
It does.

I've enjoyed it.
 coldasconcrete
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 9:19:54 AM
some people have morals and a concience, that might be restricted to the bulk of the female population, i dont want to start another argument here, yes i know women cheat too.
 hellen123
Msg: 209
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 2:33:51 PM
i hope so or what is the point? xxx
 TensawEagle1
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:13:03 PM
Interesting thread however I think it's been done before.

That being said, (Most) everyone is looking for a human to compliment them.

But, in my humble opinion there is only One source of true love, and that is from God!

Who, alone can hold that title, for that is what He is. We as humans can only feebly try to emulate this love...

Rick Tensaw Eagle
 kellywi46
Msg: 211
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:43:23 PM
Hi sweetie,

Keep up your standards, I have met many men that are not into one night stands but, for one reason or another is was not right for me . Keep looking he is out there
 *angel_smile*
Msg: 212
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/22/2007 8:23:31 PM
Hmmm.. I still wonder.
 romance and laughter
Msg: 213
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:11:30 AM
i know true love exist- my friend has been HAPPILY married for 36 years. They act like they just fell in love, always touching and kissing each other. Her husband still calls her every day from work,they go places together, like you do when dating.
She has never had sex with anyone but her husband, high school sweathearts.
'both' of them are respectful and supportive of each other and to family members.
I' guess true love can mean something different to us= i've been in love, and KNOW i was loved back,but like alot of relationships, one stops TRYING and just takes the relationship for granted after time, all the things you were attracted to, seem to fade away and you find yourself staying for 'memories' how things use to be-was why my relationship didnt last, but i have NO doubts he loved me and also regretted the break-up, and at least he owned up to being responsible for things not working out-women had broke up with him for the same reasons. I broke up with him 15 years ago and still have not found love since, but i believe in true love and hoping to find it-one that lasts
and a man who knows a HAPPY life time relationship cant survive on a few good years of showing loving and a desire to be with you- memories are just that= memories- ! you need to keep showing each other you love them and keep the romance and support alive.
 romance and laughter
Msg: 214
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:27:43 AM
amen rick! God 'is'' love and nobody can love like God can- i ' try' to love like he does, fall short tooo many times, but i keep trying to be christ like-i'm a work in progress. I needed to read this 'today'. i have a co-worker who i'm finding a 'big'' challenge to show christ like love to-he is ''extremely rude and obnoxious 'all day= every day, doesnt have a kind word to say,foul mouth that is 'really bad'. God is convicting me and i'm 'hoping'' to be more christ like to him. True love can mean many things, but for me true love means to try to love like christ does ALL of us. Thank you rick for your post, instead of dreading another day with this co-worker, i will try to remember MY purpose in life, and obey Gods biggest commandment-to love one another! I 'have' to remember ALOT of the people who seem to deserve love the least, are the ones who need it the most! thank you RICK! and you toooooo GOD!
 downforit2007
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Re: Does True love Exist?
Posted: 11/27/2007 11:29:24 AM
True love doesn't exist at all except in fairy tales which pe0ple read and try to think that it's reality. There's regular love and then there's lust, that's all there is. Lust is mistaken for what people feel when they first meet someone, but doesn't feel the same for them after a few years. They say that they love each other, but it's really only words. Love has to be the feeling you get that you want to spend the rest of your life with another person, not being attracted to someone, which is lust.
 minnesotapromise
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/27/2007 6:07:56 PM
That's a pretty fair comment from downforit2007. Attraction is probably related to lust. And true love is the wonderful feeling that makes you want to spend forever with another person. I am also a hopeless 'romantic', have tasted true love & want it again. Hence the continual search.
 Trulio
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 8:31:51 PM
The latin word for lust is libido. Libido and love have nothing in common. Lust is desire (energetic drive, creation, et cetera) , Love is an Act. The act of love is results in belief and faith. Love is not an emotion, nor a recognition.

The love of self consists in self preservation..

The love of others consists in charity.

Each of these are act(ion)s

Loving is a verb, and act, whether it brings sorrow or joy.

chao
 sanddallor
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:22:51 PM
Does the sun rise in the East and set in the West? Of course not, we all know that it's an illusion of the earth rotating on an axis. But, that doesn't stop us from romantacizing it.

Seeing the cup as half empty doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the heart of romantics.
 flexei
Msg: 219
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:57:53 PM
every sexualy relationship starts as a one night stand, and stays that way till they come back for the second night.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/15/2009 10:06:19 PM
Yep, it does, just unfortunately not for every one. Have known several couples still madly in love after many years (20-66). It exists, I just don't think many people realize it, work for it, or appreciate it when they have it.

Will it happen for you or me? ehh Who can say? But I am still hopeful it will.
 Trulio
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:18:12 PM
Sanddallor

U said :] "Seeing the cup as half empty doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the heart of romantics"

We could also interpret that another way: after having many cups we finally were left with one cup, and now we all see that it is already 'half empty' suggesting the wonderful time of repast, replenishment is coming to an end, and the hard work is due, and that we would like more cups filled.

The cup unfilled is the image of fullfillment! The cup emptied is the image of fulfillment and restoration.

If we said that the cup was only 'half full' this might suggest that we are reluctant to see it finished, and do not want to complete the hard work that is due, or that we are already full. I had a big meal of lasagna for lunch at the Dorian, and later I nearly brought some of it up when I bent down to pick up Embers boots, hour later. I still have no appetite for anything else, except a glass of vino.

Common place though it seems, and brief as it is, drinking a cup is cannot be a complete image representing much meaning....I like to take cliches and re-invent them....
 Trulio
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Does True love Exist?
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:29:00 PM
That is funny Flexei. Then every sexual relationship is a series of 'one night stands'?

I cannot disagree, but hey who am I to suggest otherwise?

I actually have some knowledge on this topic, having read 'Hot and Bothered' (amongst other books) which was banned in Canada recently (to candid and truthful - similar to Havlock Ellis).

I personally think that autoeroticism and one night stands have much in common, unless the one night stand is done during daylight, with one's eyes open.....

Incidentally, as paralegal, involved in family law, know very well what is meant by the client when she says to me on the phone or in private: "I could never look into the eyes of hubby when we made love. I could never achieve origami."

chao

Still 6'3"
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does True love Exist?