Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Is There Real People In POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MischieviousOne
Msg: 26
Is There Real People In POF?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
We are out here-taking our beatings just like you. It's just like anything else-you have to persist for the good prizes!!
 fineblkm_74
Msg: 27
Is There Real People In POF?
Posted: 6/30/2008 2:21:02 PM
THERE ARE ALOT OF REAL PPL ON HERE JUST THEY ARE FAKE WHEN IT COMES TO TALKING AND MEETING
 SeattleArtist
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:17:45 PM
I am a sensable down to earth guy, and dated many women here and met more real women at a meet and greet, it has come to my realization that women just arent ready for me yet, I want commitment, honesty and integrity and that has been a tall order in my personal experience but I none the less must disagree with the OP.
 serebral
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:53:20 PM
I am most definitely NOT a real person. I mean, look at my profile. How could such a person really exist in real life? Can you believe that one woman actually responded, and even souned somewhat interested? Oh yes, the photo's real -- it's just not MY photo.

Come on, what do you expect? This is the INTERNET after all.

Duh!
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 4:05:41 PM
I know a lot of women get very turned off by poor spelling. I assume your question posed as it was turned off the rest.

That would leave blow up dolls me thinks.
 justwannalook
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:10:00 PM
"I know a lot of women get very turned off by poor spelling. I assume your question, posed as it was, turned off the rest. That would leave blow-up dolls, methinks." Watch your punctuation, as well!
 fiatlover
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:42:05 AM
Well, Hello Obear & Vax, been awhile. Dropped off for a bit, thought I wanted to go back to work, silly me, why after firing myself, tried it, decided it was a stupid idea, back to retirement, at least until the rain comes back

OK, whens the next meet & greet, maybe there will be a better turn out, without rain:-)

Oh ya, forgot, this is a forum about real people, hum I think I real, a bit on the crazy side but definately real, well maybe a few parts aren't so real

I have met some wonderful men and women on this site, yes , there are the bad apples, but they are everywhere, not only on web sites.

Suns out, pools calling me, need to go float and think about going back to work someday, and where better to do that thinking but on my airmattress with wine coolers floating around me
 bowlerman67
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/13/2008 1:27:19 PM
I have to agree with mischieviousone at least for my perspective. I used to let it bug me when a lady wouldn't contact me back. Big deal now, her loss not mine is the way I look at it.

Where I agree with her is that you have to be very persistent at what you want. I know what qualities I want in a lady, and I won't settle for any less. Plus I really enjoy, and can handle being single, as in not "needing" somebody there. There is a lady at work who I see 3 times a day on my route and she flirts with me all of the time and is very attractive. Bad news, she smokes. No thank you.

So yes persistence is the name of the "dating game", and people need to learn to not be offended if one doesn't want to talk to you.
 vaxplant
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/13/2008 5:37:24 PM
WB Fiat. :)

Dunno, life's been wierd for me the past month or so. It's probably going to be a month or two again before I'm up to hosting again. I'd still say 'go for it' though. :)
 elisa in the city
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:31 PM

We had a choice to be unreal? Drats! Why did I choose the "real" option? I'd rather be unreal. Maybe like a hamster. Then I could simply look for someone who reeks of elderberry.

LMAO...this is exactly my reaction...real? It's a choice? ha ha...

That said, I just realized this place had forums...I am slow...

It is a unique way to share this experience.

My perspective is that any online community, or set of profiles is no more or less like a slice of the real world, so to speak. Full of freaks geeks jocks headcases and lot's of random variations...I have learned to embrace my own oddities, and not take the fact that someone else thinks I am too weird for them, personally. It's their judgement not mine...

And anyways...nobody buys normal.........
 vaxplant
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:43:16 AM
"Normal" tends to side a bit on the "mind numbingly boring" too much for my tastes.

Give me the eclectic anyday. :)
 nexthyme
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 12:04:22 PM
WOW, and this hasn't been deleted per forum rules????

We women can ask the same about men as well...

I have met plenty of men, but for the most part they seem to have about one thing on their mind. If that isn't an issue with them, then they are in the end of a relationship, which of course they don't mention, and bounce between other people, all the while they are shagging the woman they have been seeing for 5+ mo...

So where on earth are all these sensible down to earth men that have brains higher than their waste line?

Ohhhhh I know, they all got sent to Mars on a secret mission, and the rest of the world wasn't told about the secret mission, darn it all.

OP... People are people, and as much as you want to accuse the opposit sex of being screwed up, chances are they may very well be saying the same thing about you too. After all you don't know what they say about meeting you, and how the date went or what they thought of you.

Perhaps that is why you haven't met us down to earth, brainiacs, because we aren't reform schools, or want to deal with drama kings...

Remember water sinks to the level of water....
 bowlerman67
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/19/2008 12:10:26 PM
"Ohhhhh I know, they all got sent to Mars on a secret mission, and the rest of the world wasn't let into it."

Mars = Seattle.

I continue to get emails from ladies who live thousands of miles away asking why I am on here, lol.

I truly don't believe tooo many people can be truly genuinely real. They have to make themselves sound so much better, than once you meet them, they aren't even close to what and who they say they are.
 vaxplant
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:53:48 PM
That's why the meet & greets are such a fantastic time. You very quickly learn who's who and what's what. :)

I do agree with the getting mails from people an impossibly far distance away, for the most part it's untennable from the word go.

I can def say I'm real. There's too many photos to prove otherwise. ;)
 nexthyme
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:08:32 PM
Ya know Vax, I too am real... I have all updated photos to prove it, and I don't talk myself up to sound better than I am, because I yam who I yam...

I sound and act the same from my profile, threads, and in person. I have no reason to be someone I am not, and I have no desire to be. Like me, don't like me... There is 6.5 billion people on earth, on person not being into isn't going to ruin my day. Now if 6.5 billion find me offensive, I may have to take note, but since that isn't the case, I am not to worried...
 vaxplant
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:14:24 PM
The photos I meant were from the M&G's, but I get your point. ;)

I've always enjoyed exchanging ideas with you, drop me a line and let me know when you're headed up to Seattle. :)
 Rosalund
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:19:25 PM
I am curiuous just where is this meet and greet?
 thera
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/29/2008 10:40:31 PM
my friend Leo,

You are unequivoccaly correct. i am a relatively well traveled individual and will offer my opinion that globally they the female gender are similar regarding there outlook and behavior but within the USA they are i the extreme andparticularly prone to behaving like female dogs(bi--hes). This is most notable on either coast.

Thank the prime mover that the man responsible for this site has made it free. The other Pay sites are no different except the motivation is to generate profits. The women on these "pay for " sites are probably fictituos to some degree or percentage. that is a fact.

i have had the good fortune to meet some individuals that have modified their lives and have elected to live in other more hospitable countries where the legal system has not been allowed to promulgate the emasculation of the male gender. they enjoy life to say the least.

i will be joining their ranks at some future date. there is little hope for an independent man that will not subjugate himself to being ****whipped by inherently unhappy women who have been unsuccessful in their marriage(s) and other pursuits.

OH! do not expect that if you meet a fem fatale that treats you well while in another country that it will continue unabated if you marry and return to the USA. Many males who have worked in foreign countries for the US State Dept. and married foreigners found that following the mandatory 3 years that they and the new bride must spend in the USA there is a reversal of fortunes and the sweet thing assumes the specter of the American witch in no time.

Sorry that I have gone on a rant but it has been a long time coming.
 snowgirl98684
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:09:44 PM
I felt the same way about men on POF. Just went I went to delete my profile as it was starting to be a real waste of time....I received an email from someone who seemed pretty normal..We've been dating ever since. Its amazing how our chemistry is so intact. Ive never before have engaged in this online dating...but now I have to say dont give up!

The only reason Im in these forums now is I find them interesting and helpful any many ways.

Good Luck!
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:42:17 PM
I'm happy for you, Snowgirl :)

What is up with guys who want to chat so you take it to yahoo and they come on like they're all interested and then poof, they disappear? For me, I would rather they didn't contact me in the first place if they're going to flake out like that

angelwinz
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:49:50 PM
Fleur, I soooo agree with you. I no longer go to yahoo or other chats because I found that after I allow them to contact, almost all never chatted... so now that I say no, this site works for me.. same thing happened.. so I'm thinking they might have been looking for marketing things.. ie.. yahoo id is almost always an email address.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/2/2008 6:25:45 PM
Angel, in a few cases we have chatted and they reel me in with their charm

Ahh, the fickle finger of fate

newtowa1968
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/8/2008 10:07:46 AM

We women can ask the same about men as well...
I have met plenty of men, but for the most part they seem to have about one thing on their mind. If that isn't an issue with them, then they are in the end of a relationship, which of course they don't mention, and bounce between other people, all the while they are shagging the woman they have been seeing for 5+ mo...

Interesting because I have NEVER pursued anyone on here for the purposes of sex, yet when I send someone a "Hi" message I am ignored 98% of the time, and the ones that DO respond are usually those that have not been entirely honest in their profile.

So when you say you've met Plenty of men, and they have these issues, this leads me to wonder how much of this has to do with the criteria you're using to choose those to communicate with.

As an example, if I emailed 100 women, 98 wouldn't respond, and the 2 that did.. One is seperated (Not Divorced), and the other had a sweet profile yet when we start to communicate, her passive aggressive nature is exposed.

Now, I get emails from some very kind and sweet people and am appreciative of those that are kind enough to say "Hi", but when they have 4 kids, have HSV, immediately begin judging me based on the last 15 Men she slept with on first dates, or have nothing positive to contribute, I tend to make it clear as to why I'm uninterested and move on.

Now of the 98 I emailed, I see their posts on Forums complaining about Men, but given they didn't offer me the courtesy of a "Thanx but No Thanx email", or some other recognition of my attempt to say Hi, I feel very little sympathy.

It's an ugly circle..

Girl meets Guy.. gets hopes up.. is disappointed..

Guy never knows why the Girl disappears and repeats the behavior with the next girl, never knowing what the problem was..

Guy recognizes that "misleading" or misrepresenting themselves gets them the most attention and they continue..

Girls lose context of what Men "really" are based on the preconceived visions of these "fakes" yet look for the fakes since they fit her "requirements"..

The Guys that are honest and real, wonder why they're not being treated respectfully, while Women complain that men are liars and only want sex.
 erikla1468
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:39:37 AM
Thats really a jaded question. If you dont think there are "real" people here, why do you keep coming back?
 Rydethere
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:44:13 AM
Just my Thought, starting with "so many screwed up women" shows a wee bit of insecurity.

Try to remember what Amy Grant once wrote "We are all the same it seems, behind the eyes. Broken Promises and dreams, in good disguise!"

There is no perfect person, try looking at inward beauty.

~Peace
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Is There Real People In POF?