Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'll review your profile...you won't regret it, part 2      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alyosha
Msg: 76
I'll review your profile...you won't regret it, part 2Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Thanks for giving mine a look-over but neither my age advantage nor my former profession mean that I know all there is to know, and an informed intelligent evaluation is always welcome.
I taught in the Creative Writing Department at U of British Columbia, mostly workshops in fiction...

it takes more than a profile to meet people on this site

Not sure what to make of that. Should I be offering $$$$$?
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 77
I'll review your profile...you won't regret it, part 2
Posted: 8/28/2006 10:45:41 AM

Not sure what to make of that. Should I be offering $$$$$?

I was referring to a more pro-active approach to meeting people.

BTW, I took Peggy Thompson's screenwriting class when I was at UBC, but I figure that's more theatre and film department.
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 78
To Nomoreregrets
Posted: 8/28/2006 10:46:20 AM
Thanks, Bikerchik. Didja want a review too?

-NMR
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/28/2006 10:53:56 AM
claypot,

It's certainly a novel approach which is actually kinda neat. Attempts to change it would probably ruin the effect that you're going for, so I couldn't really suggest any off hand.

The one exception is the last line. Howabout "If my dreams seem like illusions to you, then I guess they are exactly that -- for you, anyway." But that's just a suggestion.

In regards to the photos, and feel free to ignore this part, in both photos, your back is to the sun. But if that's okay with you, then it's fine.

-NoMoreRegrets
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/28/2006 11:00:42 AM
craigwales,

You're still really young, so you got plenty of time to figure a lot of this stuff on your own, so I probably wouldn't worry that much about this. However, profiles should reflect both who you are and who you are looking for. So, a further inspection of your profile reveals someone who is fairly intelligent and fun loving.

But, some might like to see a little more about who and what you are looking for, and while I do realize that you're still pretty young, the excessive emoticons do suggest a lack of maturity. Cleaning up the text a touch might help, but then it might be a cultural thing, being that I don't recognize a lot of the words you're tossing out.

Your previous message posts suggest that you aren't getting a lot of e-mails. How proactive is your approach? If you're just waiting for people to find you, it won't happen, especially considering the female to male ratio on this site.

Good luck,
NoMoreRegrets
 mrs.vanvem
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/28/2006 11:30:57 AM
My Turn
I'm not even going to check my work before turning it in....
That was probably a mistake in school too....my redneck just keeps shinning through!
 claypot
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/28/2006 1:15:34 PM
Thanks bunches, No more regrets............
 Sentio
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/28/2006 3:21:49 PM
Please review my profile.
 iris37
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/28/2006 3:29:18 PM
Ok go ahead and review mine....
 picard1x2
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/28/2006 4:27:36 PM
Could you review mine please?
 multifarious
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/28/2006 4:28:29 PM
Thanks NMR

I did post on the last page of your last thread (after you closed it) asking you to let me know when you started a new one. I tracked you down anyways...

Many thanks for your input. I am a stickler for gramatical errors and doh! I have one on my ad! How dubious of me. Bad girl!

Am perfecting my stand up routine as we speak.. coming to a profile near you soon!! jk

Smiles

p.s. all my photo's are goofy! Was born looking that way
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 87

Posted: 8/29/2006 8:44:34 AM
CoolBreezeOhio,

Well, you don't wanna second guess yourself either, right? Just point form for now...

-Overall, it's not bad...outside of typos (of which there are a few), you have an interesting perspective when it comes to dating and relationships. However, I don't get enough of "you," as you're mostly talking about the limitations of virtual meeting.

-In terms of photos, your blue picture (the second one) has a clearer shot of your face, so it may be better as a main picture.

-There usually isn't any good reason to "Prefer Not To Say" under the "do you want children" header. I mean, either you do, you don't, or you haven't decided but you're open to it.

-And I think that you meant to say "aura" rather than "aurora."

Good luck,
NoMoreRegrets
 GreenEyedGirl
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/29/2006 10:03:18 AM
Very tempting offer. I'd love to hear what you have to say about mine, and thank you so much for offering to do this for everyone.
 sunkistboy
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/29/2006 10:11:26 AM
would you be so kind as to review mine?
i havent touched it in a long time. i know i should do something with it, but no idea.....
let me know what you think
scott
 DragonChick1984
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/29/2006 2:15:34 PM
Hi again, its destinysmommy...
I edited my profile a bit now what do you think...
 janomikee7875
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/29/2006 2:37:35 PM
Hi..Can you please review my profile.:)
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/29/2006 3:29:53 PM
sentio,

About four pages of profile reviews in, and I STILL don't know why people put down "Prefer Not To Say" under "Do you want children". Either you do, you don't, or you don't know.

Sorry, little rant.

Anyway, it's a little bit on the sparse side, which doesn't give me a good idea about YOU, and doesn't give me a lot to work with. I have no idea how nice, giving, caring, strong, etc. etc. etc. you are just based on three sentences (I'm not counting the last one, because it appears to be a quote from someone else). The whole first date section is not incredibly creative either...at least SOME idea would be nice.

I'm sure you're already aware that the shirtless photos are counterintuitive to what a lot of women respond to on this site. But I will also point out the fact that you're at your computer while you're doing it too. In general, photos should have variety, preferably of something in your element, doing something you like doing. You pulling some insane martial arts move? It's just an idea (however, some might avoid stuff like that...your mileage may vary).

Peace,
NoMoreRegrets
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/29/2006 3:38:47 PM
iris37,

Very nice photo variety and you've packed a lot of detail in your text. It portrays you as honest, down-to-earth, and compassionate. A few minor notes, however.

-I would suggest chunking your text for easier readability...a nice rule of thumb to follow is about 4 lines max per chunk of text (coincidentally, also happens to be the same rule for screenwriting).
-Spelling needs a quick once-over ("a lot" is TWO WORDS, people!)

Peace,
NoMoreRegrets
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/29/2006 3:45:39 PM
picard1x2,

OK, you got a bit of an uphill climb here, especially with the low female to male ratio on this site, so let's see what we can do for you.

-Your screenname contains a Star Trek reference. While there are probably a lot of closet Trekkies on this site, it may not be the most conducive for meeting members of the opposite sex. Unless she too happens to be into Star Trek. In that case, go right ahead.
-You contradict yourself in the first sentence...spontaneity and going to the pub with friends don't quite go hand in hand. Spontaneity is deciding that one all of a sudden, you're going to take a roadtrip to the next province and you're going to go cliff diving while you're there.
-Your main photo is upside down. In general, photo variety is always a plus, especially if it depicts you doing something a little more active.
-You tend to tell rather than show in your profile. Subjective keywords like spontaneous and c*cky (despite the context, POF filters that word out) tell us absolutely nothing without something to back them up. Tell us about the places you've been, your experiences perhaps?

-NoMoreRegrets
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/29/2006 4:29:09 PM
greeneyedgirl,

Under most circumstances, I'd jump all over the "My friends say..." qualifier, but you get away with it with the following sentence ("...it could be that I'm a real jerk..."), painting true the subjective "funny" buzzword. I also like your first date section.

I can't really make any suggestions off hand, except for put in a few more photos for variety (and I mean variety!). Perhaps a photo of you playing piano or with a mic in your hand?

Good work,
NoMoreRegrets
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/29/2006 4:34:35 PM
sunkistboy,

You certainly do have quite a bit of variety in photos and interests, which should make you a little more accessible. In terms of the actual photos, however, some of the content goes against what's desired (ie: shirtless photos, sunglasses and hats). A photo of your car (without you in it) doesn't really add much either.

You should definitely go over this with a spell checker (eg: "superficial", "motor sports"). Spelling and grammatical errors are a turnoff for a lot of people. What kinda alarmed me was the fact that enough people misspell "Motor sports" that it actually becomes a searchable interest.

Always avoid "1337" spelling of words, such as "kewl" instead of "cool." For someone your age, that isn't very appropriate.

-NoMoreRegrets
 free4now2
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/29/2006 4:42:47 PM
Care to give mine a look? But..please be gentle..(but honest).
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/29/2006 4:46:55 PM
dragonchick1984,

Okay, a definite improvement. More varied interests, a better main photograph that doesn't look like you're going to kill me and take my wallet, and incorporating the changes I suggested. It definitely shows off a lot more personality this time around.

-NoMoreRegrets
 slamfm
Msg: 99
Things that make you uummm.
Posted: 8/29/2006 4:50:35 PM
Hello friend ( I think?), After spot reading the 4 pages I suspect that not only you have talent for this delicate skill, but that you enjoy it as well; so if the mood strikes, I am curious to read your thoughts. Many thanks in advance
 cozyflannelgirl
Msg: 100
Things that make you uummm.
Posted: 8/29/2006 5:42:15 PM
do me! do me!

(not the first time I've uttered those words...)

If you've got a minute, I'm very new to this whole thing, and could really use some constructive criticism.

Thanks in advance!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'll review your profile...you won't regret it, part 2