Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > She broke my heart and my mind (venting)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hypoxic
Msg: 51
She broke my heart and my mind (venting)Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Are we still on this... I mean seriously... I don't agree with you... you don't like me... I'm starting to not like you... Let's drop it shall we?? I don't feel good about this...
 indigo grl
Msg: 52
She broke my heart and my mind (venting)
Posted: 8/12/2006 12:06:22 AM
peace im over it take care
 julietjuliet
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/12/2006 7:10:11 AM
OP: I know exactly where you are coming from. It's hard it's really hard. When you fall in love, seriously in love it hurts. I still hurt very much so. I know the circumstances are different but the emotions are the same. I physically witnessed the man i was deeply in love with when i was just 19 being covered in a sheet. I went through some very tough times, and sometimes i didn't think i would make it through life. Here i am 29 years later with children etc, life has to go on. We will never forget our first love, tragic as it may be, but we still must make that choice to move ahead and gain something from our lives. It took me a long time to come to terms with what had happened, but life is not always fair, it's something we all have to face and eventually good things will happen. Your only 24, same age as my son and trust me i have nursed him through some very trying periods, now he's as happy as larry, it's patience and self discipline. Don't get me wrong, we'll never forget those we truley loved it will always be with you, but just keep it tucked away in a special place in your heart. I put your situation down to a kind of breavement, it's as bad as my experience, you need to grieve, and when you have you need to move ahead.
 kookies
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/12/2006 7:35:22 AM
sorry for everyones hurt....we all been thru getting our hearts ripped out of our chests...but as the old saying goes..."only time will heal all wounds"

i never got closure at first with my ex after 25 yrs together so i came up with my own. to many years was wasting before my eyes ...i had enough of crying and being hurt so i woke up one morning an said no more!! i will not allow him to ruin my life or emotions anymore... so i took his personal things he gave me like letters an so on ....an buried them an said good bye. since then i was able to move on and live my new life as i choose too and its great...i am much happier with myself....thats what worked for me. but then again..each to their own..might work for you and it might not....who knows til u try it right....best to you.
 bobbill
Msg: 55
SHE STOLE MY HEART & DOG--SHORE MISS DOG
Posted: 8/12/2006 7:49:19 AM
I turned my breakup into Country and Western songs:

"SHE WRECKED MY HEART AND F-350"

Hope things get better. No matter how hard I've tried to blame others for my problems, they stay my problems and I have to work on them.

Though my love is so strong for her, I do not believe In love as I have defined it, and don't believe I can get that in return. I don't believe I can feel love or trust in anyone again.

.... I just feel now that opening myself up to love is a weakness that I can't allow again, but what is the point of life without love. I believe i'm a living paradox, wanting what i now hate and fear.

I'm not your therapist (I sure hope that you print your msg. and give it to your therapist), but I suspect that you are justifying and romantasizing hurtful, distorted thinking. Keep trying and get a therapist that works for you if your current one doesn't help.

I used therapists and gave up on my old loved one after only 20yrs: 5yrs cumulatively imprisoned for stalking (but they didn't understand my love was so pure), and getting shot several times by her husband, she, and their kids. Them whippersnappers were mean shots when they hit their teens.

Good luck, get serious about doing some work to relieve your pain and confusion.

BB
 rower1
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 7:58:10 AM
Write her a letter letting her know how you feel, you don't have to post it, just write it, it helps work out the feelings you have toward her and lets you say what you have to, and helps you to move on past it, It is not good to dwell, trust me man, I know.
 keepingit
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/12/2006 8:13:21 AM
I knew I shouldn't have come into this forum. lol NOthing really interesting in the other ones.

You don't need any closure or any stupid psychotheropy. What you need is education. The right kind this time.

Knock it off. Come up to present time.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/12/2006 8:15:51 AM
2 things going on here. 1 is transferrance. You have said yourself that you are trying to blame others. When a relationshgip doesn't work out, both parties want to blame the other. The man cheats, the woman says that's the reason she left, but never gets to WHY the guy felt the need to cheat. You share the ups AND the downs/

Part 2 is that if you are still whining about this 2 years later you have moved beyond obsession and are into dementia. Why do you insist on wanting someonw who has made it clear she doesn't want you? Just some stupid male ego thing?

This is like people who sue to get a job back after being fired. Why do you want to go back to someplace you know didn't want you knowing you will be walking into a situation where you will be given so much grief you will quit on your own?

We're supposed to quit measuring our d!ck in junior high school. Let it go and move on. Stop beating a dead horse.
 nate1979
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 8:27:09 AM
Mate I feel your pain. I was in a similar situation and I have not seen my ex for over 2 yrs. I still love her above anyone else and think about her daily. I have tried to date and meet new women but find i am totally unable to fall in love. I keep chasing that first butterfly that flew in my guts the first time i saw her.
Life is not rainbows and lollypops and we only have one shot at it dude. You just need to push on and acknowledge your feelings as they present themselves. I also isolated myself after the break up and didnt talk to family or friends untill very recently, if thats what works do it, your true friends and family will understand.
Its also important to take the positives out of this. You will never be hurt like this again i dont believe cause u will not let it happen. (that can also be negative if u let it)
life goes on even if it seems hard
 bobbill
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/12/2006 8:32:37 AM
To: inneowithgeo

I think he may have some serious problems as in low self-esteem and dependence. I don't think "snap out of it will work". Getting to the right therapist will be enough of a job. God bless him, he's suffering.
 Chameleanne
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/12/2006 9:22:09 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Bobbill. It is also heartening to see that "MOST" people have posted compassionate and "USEFUL" feedback! I don't think that (from reading this guys original post) that it is very hard to determine that there may be some somewhat larger issues at play here.
I have said it before in forum postings and will say it again: If you are not a qualified therapist of some kind...it is much more helpful to say nada than to say the kinds of things that INNEOWITNGEO and KEEPINGIT said.
It is just NOT very helpful and meanspirited as well
 aocto
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/12/2006 5:49:01 PM
you sound like such a b!@#$...you're heartless...hopefully one day you'll grow up and learn to have empathy for others. people like you make me sick.
 aocto
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/12/2006 5:51:25 PM
by the way...my comment was for username FELANIE!!!
 keepingit
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/12/2006 9:27:39 PM

by the way...my comment was for username FELANIE!!!

No need to go off on her man.

Hey now. I like Felanie. Shes right in a lot of ways. You don't pamper this stuff. You will only sink him more. Playing into an abberation is just as nutty as the abberation itself.
 just_a_geek
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 10:54:17 PM

Some of the very insightful advice given here from others has been THEIR TRUTH.

The nayboarofthebeast brings up an interesting idea. As much as we want to believe in a universal "truth", it’s a fallacy. Truth is a fluid thing. If you go chasing after your ex for answers, gator, you may never get one that satisfy you because her perceptions of your situation and yours may just be too fundamentally different to support an explanation that will fit both.

I'm in the same situation with my ex, who I just can't seem to get a satisfactory explanation from on why she feels there's no hope for our marriage. Personal breakthrough. ('')
 rossal
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/13/2006 4:54:05 AM
Gator1331: I am so sorry. I think the best thing to do, is to get (another therapist); I understand that pain. It doesnt do any good for people to tell you that there are other women out there, when you are still in love with someone else. You can love again (I know that doesn't sound possible, but we as humans all have that potential.

You feel that way, because you are in pain, and see no way out of it.

Opening yourself up to love is not a "weakness"...we ALL want love and validation, but you have to give it (I know this gets old) TIME.

We all want to be out of pain, right NOW.

I was in love with with someone who just stopped calling, etc. and I know the shock of that.

You have thoughts of suicide....I hope you will call a suicide hotline; they know how to help, and can direct you to a good therapist. You feel your life is over....and you feel hopeless and helpless, but there IS help. I hope you will reach out and get it. You are worth it, dear friend.

Perhaps you might write her a letter (and send it) telling her of your feelings, etc....she probably will not respond, but the idea is to get your stuff OUT and where it belongs...to her.....

Again, I hope you will call a suicide hotline. Getting better takes time.

I wish you (eventually.......)love.

Hugs, Rossal
 hypoxic
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/13/2006 2:01:41 PM
Well some new faces on this one today!! Anyways, a couple of points here....Bobbill!! MY MAN!! GOOD CALL ON THE COUNTRY TUNES!

But a few that have made me get back on track:

"I Got a Brand New Girlfriend"- Steve Holy
"Plan B"- Keith Anderson (Highly Recommended)
"I'd Settle for a Slow Down"- Dierks Bentley
"I never saw her leavin' comin'"- Gil Grand

Now enough of that because, I could go on and on and on, and that's no good.

Second point to everyone thinking that Gator1331 here has to snap out of this... I'm not over mine, and I've done everything anyone can throw out there! I don't need to explain myself, because I already have earlier on, but even though people are happy with themselves, doesn't mean that at the end of the day, when the dust settles from your fun, that you're not allowed to miss someone. (keep in mind Gator1331 is "Venting" not whining) As a matter of fact, it's been over a year and half for me, and I know tonight when I'm out of town in a different city at an airport chalking my airplane, I know I'm gonna think of her... Suddenly my day will be put into perspective which really sucks, because I'll think of all of the good times, and the bad, and how I was maybe to blame... and then I'm going to call her... if she doesn't answer, I'll leave a message. I won't say much, but I'll say alot! Moments before I would have been flying!!!! ARE YOU ALL KIDDING ME!!! Life doesn't get better than that, and yet she still creeps up! Give the guy some slack here! For all of you people who are bent on statistics, here's one for ya. It takes twice as long as you were with someone to move on to the point you were at before you met them, provided of course that was a positive state.

One other thing I've noticed is that the people telling all of us to "grow up", "Get Over it!"...you're all older... No offence intended, but didn't you ever have someone when you were younger that you just couldn't see past until the next person came along? Have you been hurt by that next person? Now here we all are...on an internet dating site...we're all the same! We're single. Anybody here think they're superior in being single and are therefore qualified to be rude!? I would think not.

Rower1... LETTERS ARE PHENOMINAL!! I think I've written at least a half dozen here and there, just to get it out. Amazing how much better it makes you feel!

Anyways, I'm headin' out. Away from the Internet...away from pretty girls... off to my happy place, where she will still creep up. Maybe on my own accord, or maybe I just need another three years because that's what the statistic says... So everyone take care, and play nice in the sandbox.
 Black Wasp
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 7:07:20 PM
In reply to the original poster... I know what you went through, and I know what you still feel too. Its real murder I know. Sometimes it is good to go through therapy. What is better, is if you talk with family a lot about it, or those that used to know her fairly well. You have to make yourself believe, that she is an empty person, who never really felt a certain way about you, they way you felt to her. she was missing that part, the true connection for love and careing. You didnt need to be folled like that, nor treated like that. Someone like her, does not deserve your feelings. Do your best to cut a piece of your heart out and throw it away. It's not love you know, it's just a curse that will only eat you up. She is poison.
Heal yourslef and be the man you know you are. You will find someone better, someone who is real. Your still pretty young.
 lilquietgal
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/15/2006 12:47:21 PM
OP: NOT TO WORRY YOU WILL GET OVER THIS IN TIME...HUGS TO YOU

FELANIE......
I meant for my 1st post to piss people off, people need to know sometimes that they are still alive, even though they think they they have already died..
What better way than through emotion...????

Ok being a woman myself and being in 2 long term relationships ..I have seen alot of good times and bad times...

For someone to pass on advice like yourself in such a manner shows not only that youre a bitter lady but it shows that you too have some growing up to do...

Mannerisms dont stop the moment you start typing in a forum they follow you through life...shame on you..and may you one day feel the pain as I am sure we all have- and am sure the next mate you find on here will be surely reading your comments on how to deal with pain within the relationship..Good Luck to you girl ,your going to need it.
 balletdancer
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/15/2006 1:39:44 PM
Dear Gator1331
Sorry to hear you have been going through a rough time with things. I kinda wonder if this problem you have in not being able to get over this girl is because of the isolation you have been experiencing, theirs times when i have felt isolated being bringing kids up alone and not always being able to get out and i know it can make you think about things too much. I think you have to take your attention off this girl, we have no power to change another person to make that person love us, but that does not mean nobody else will, you are not giving yourself much of a chance. You can change aspects of your own life life and we do have the power to change ourselves.
I think you need to start focusing upon yourself not this girl, it is over accept it. Its hard but then life is. You are not going to be able to do this if you are isolated and think about things too much, you need to get out, why don,t you try doing some voluntary work for a charity a few days a week, do anything just get out and you will find you will become happier and more confidant in yourself.
Write down a list of your good qualities every day and add to it, keep it in a special little book and keep adding to it and look at it particurly when you are feeling down. It will boost your self esteem. help others as well because that will bring you out of yourself.
Everyone experiences heartache, i know when my first boyfriend finished with me and went off with somene else, i felt like i had been struck by lightening and couldent eat or sleep and cried alot and felt lost but after a few weeks i thought thats enough of this and i got out and got a job away and soon got over him.
Its not easy, i know and you are special and important and a nice looking guy and i am sure when you feel better in yourself you will attract someone stop thinking so hopelessly. all the best Denise. I have been depressed as well sometimes in the past and you can get out of.
 ~~cHaRiSmA~~
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/15/2006 1:44:27 PM
oh my god...thank you so much for what you said hypoxic....
 Felanie
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2006 2:02:46 PM

For someone to pass on advice like yourself in such a manner shows not only that youre a bitter lady but it shows that you too have some growing up to do...

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion "lil", however, I am also entitled to mine. Just because you have read the OP differently than I, or perhaps even taken a different viewpoint, does not mean that you are right, and I am wrong. The forums are for posting to the OP however we see fit. If you don't like what I have to say, I guess that is your problem.
Next time I post to a forum, I will make sure that I get your opinion on what I am going to say First..

Have a nice day.
 Jarbarian
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/15/2006 2:30:34 PM
Felanie your advice sucked and the proof is the the crap you are taking from others for it.

If you feel like it's ok for you to dish out hateful, spiteful advice, be prepared to receive the same from others.

It's called "KARMA". Do unto others as you would have done to you.

Cheers.
 balletdancer
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2006 2:55:55 PM
Do unto others as you would have do unto you means treating others as you would like to be treated. Not retaliating, feline you lack of compassion does stink though, when someone is down they need a friend not giving a gun, how insensitive can anyone get. Perhaps the guy is alot happier now he is not with you and managed to find someone loving and caring.
 Felanie
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2006 4:47:32 PM
Ok, just to be fair, what are you doing with your responses???
ballet - you need to re-read my post - I think you missed the boat on that one...
jarbarian - perhaps you are right
What makes either of you think that coddling is the way to go when dealing with an issue???
I am just curious too, as to what kind of judgement you pass from reading 2 or 3 comments?
If you want to talk about narrow minded, and cruelty, or lack of compassion, I suggest you read a few more of my posts before you make any reference as to the kind of person I am. After all, it is what I did for the both of you.
JMO.
Free-for-all... get your digs in... *shakes head*
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > She broke my heart and my mind (venting)