Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tiger Woods - Overhyped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 126
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

soon TMZ is going to be part of the American school curriculum.

Surely you jest
 sabaidi
Msg: 127
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/5/2009 10:05:38 PM
tigers real crime is poor taste

cocktail waitresses and event planners ?

is he tiger woods or joey bishop
 HDready10
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:43:54 AM
the greatest golfer in trouble?

8 allegations while married, maybe some pof experts can come give their thoughts.

i think if he was upfront at first, it would not be as bad as it is going to get.
 MGMLION
Msg: 129
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:51:21 AM

8 allegations while married,

I'm sure all the women call him Tiger and they all have Tiger by the tail.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 130
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/8/2009 6:47:02 AM

tigers real crime is poor taste

cocktail waitresses and event planners ?

Poor taste?....so would have it been better if he cheated with a doctor?, or a lawyer?

He is in poor taste cause he cheated on his wife of his two children, it doesnt matter who he cheated with...

I have heard this on many sports talk shows of "poor taste" cause she was a waitress. I waited tables for 5 years, It really pisses me off.
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 131
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/10/2009 9:20:20 AM
I'd say "poor taste" simply by looking at the woman. I don't care WHAT she did for a living. She can't hold a candle to Elin in the looks department. Worst choice since the whole Hugh Grant/Liz Hurley thing, if you ask me
 Island Raven
Msg: 132
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/10/2009 2:27:27 PM
You can be the best and most accomplished athlete on the planet ...but if you are a failure as a father ..that is something you carry forever.

If you want to be single ..play around ..by all means go for it. If you are married and have two young children , you have a responsibility to your children and their mother to honor her. If you cannot do that then leave ...

The single best thing a father can do for his children is to honor their mother ...

Tiger Woods is over hyped and over exposed ..that's obvious ...but his responsibility to his children has nothing to do with his fame

*note ..am I the only one who thinks Tiger Woods has as much sex appeal as Doogie Howser ...lol ...good thing this guy has money

( I sense a small penis )
 HDready10
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/10/2009 3:46:15 PM
that sayin ive heard my whole life? "blondes have more fun"
 NYCman530
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:03:39 PM
Q: What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Claus?
A: Santa Claus stops after 3 hos!
Q: What will Tiger's new name be?
A: Cheetah!
 Professor_P
Msg: 135
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:26:53 PM
Everybody needs to get off his ****ing back.. Let the man figure out shit without the media all over him.. If it was somebody else, nobody would care. That's ****ed up the media is. Just because he is famous, the media will use that to get T.V. ratings meanwhile Joe across the street did the same shit.
 Justin.tv
Msg: 136
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/15/2009 7:15:23 PM
^^^ I agree, it's nobody's business but his family. What he did behind closed doors is his business not ours. I think most people are just really jealous of him.
 deltadallas
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:01:21 PM
i agree that this whole fiasco has been blown way out of proportion. i can't even watch Nancy grace show anymore because she is talking about Tiger every day. last night, i watched Joy behar show from The View (now on Headline) she asked Monique about what she thought after congratulating her on her Emmy nomination for Precious. Monique said "stay the H*ll out of Tiger's business. including you, joy."

the poor taste of women is true that's why they are singing like canaries. if he would have chosen someone accomplished like a newsreporter, actress or another athlete we would have not known anything. i hope his wife does not divorce him because i know he is really a good man deep inside.

john daley defended him a few days ago by saying that the "golf world" needs Tiger when the season start. the mike and mike show guys said on good morning america that when tiger became pro in 96 , only 3 (three) men were making a 1 mil and now there is 104 men making one million dollars. so that says a lot about what he has done for the game of golf and the crowds he brings in.
 dennyden
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:10:55 PM
^^^ i have to agree with you, idont care what he does in his PRIVATE life,hes a great golfer, was magic johson or wilt held to this same standard, i dont think so.he has done alot for golf( and iam not a golf fan), but he is the best.he may be a shitty husband, but thats not for me to say, thats for his wife to make the call, iam just sick of this holyer then thall crap
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 139
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:47:53 PM
delta, it may be blown out of proportion, but people like yourself are feeding off it and can't get enough of it. Read your post... you just referred to half a dozen people had to say about it.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 140
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:54:59 PM
i know he is really a good man deep inside.
have you met him?..im guessing not...
a good man?...deep inside?...are you freaking kidding me?..he cheated on his wife with over 9 women(that we know of) this makes a real shitty husband..there is no "good man" about him when it comes to his marriage...give me a break...

if he would have chosen someone accomplished like a newsreporter, actress or another athlete

I ever knew to be "accomplished" you had to e a actress or an athlete.
Poor taste of women?...so what your saying is that if he cheated with a doctor this makes it better?..because it was a waitress it makes him a "bad" cheater of women?...

he is a piece of crap..no two ways about it ...

now..I could care less if he has orgies on the 18th hole..just get a divorce be single and bang all the chicks you want....

But all these morons who try to defend him are just that MORONS....he is a shitty husband..call it what it is...

I just never understood these athletes that get married. I will bring up his name again..look at Derek Jeter, he bangs all the hot chicks he wants, and never gets in trouble...he has done it smart...
 newdejavu
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/17/2009 4:11:03 AM
The A.P. just added to the Tiger Woods hype machine by naming him athlete of the decade. There's no denying his skills and value to the game of golf; but in light of his recent bad press, a bit ironic.
 Jake52177
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/17/2009 12:58:50 PM
Tiger woods is now not getting paid to sell newspapers. Not trying to be better than no body else but I opened a news paper with the first 8 pages dedicated to tiger and a bunch of crime and celeb bullshit until i got to a Joe Lieberman story. The one thing i will say is good for her get out of the relationship. She took the ring off and everything. Show these little girls dont go for the bullshit. She will be this generations Ivana Trump she should send a thank you note to all those hoes. and a wet nap. Shit I'm bout to work on my back nine. He even hit somebody grandma. 10 to 1 somebody gonna come out with a std story. sad
 Professor_P
Msg: 143
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/18/2009 9:36:28 PM
I am by no means saying that Tiger's actions were right in any way~ they are completely wrong and Tiger will always be linked with his actions. He deserves what he gets, and I firmly believe everything happens for a reason and I would hope that Tiger learned his lesson from this. The world will still continue to view Tiger as the man that changed golf but his poor personal life actions will always stay with him. By the way, in my opinion, I think Tiger is a little bit overhyped.
 HDready10
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:23:33 AM
say it happened to someother high profile athlete. i would think of that person scum, that person cant be trusted.
its still hard to believe that tiger woods is not the role model we all thought he was.
 RDtoo
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:01:58 AM
Had a black girl at work tell me that "they" want to tear Tiger down because "they" didn't want a black man to be the best golfer in the world. What a load of crap. It was white people who idolized him to hero status. I guess next we will hear that "they" didn't want a black president either.

As far as Tiger Woods not deserving of all this negative attention..LOL. He is a public image. He benefited from the publics adoration by getting millions from endorsements. He is open game.
 Jeebbbs
Msg: 146
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:13:14 PM
Every sport has to have "that guy" some1 to talk about, sell, exploit, and straight up use.. Tiger, Peyton, A-Rod, Colby... it's part of the Famous package... and When it comes to Golf... there isn't much compettion for Tiger...That guy has Surpast... just not all that smart screwing it up with that hot swedish wife..lmao j/k
 DivineBovine
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:01:37 PM

Had a black girl at work tell me that "they" want to tear Tiger down because "they" didn't want a black man to be the best golfer in the world.

i wonder if she'd still be saying that if she knew that Tiger himself hates being categorized as simply "black". i once saw an interview with him where he pointed out that he is also Asian and that his father had native American blood and his mother some Dutch in her background. he's not just black any more than your President with his white mother is "just black".

as for the "hype" - Tiger has been the most dominant figure in golf since he turned pro in 1996. no other person has so dominated their sport since Wayne Gretzky retired from hockey. he deserves his Athlete of the Decade award - no doubt about it.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 148
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:33:51 AM
I'll agree with what that 'Hang2....' guy said....(pg. 4)
How can _None_ of the Major winners NOT be #1...???
At least for that week...??
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 149
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:56:24 AM
^^^
Because the rankings are not based on one week's play. They are based on the overall performance of the past three years. The emphasis, of course, is on the current season. But they use statistics from the 2007 and 2008 seasons to calculate 2009.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Tiger Woods - Overhyped?
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:58:32 AM
I don't believe he is overhyped. But he is coddled by the PGA.

I am an avid golfer. I enjoy the game, playing it and watching it.

I don't enjoy the temper fits of Tiger, his swearing on live TV, or his attitude. Yes, he is a dang good golfer, probably the best there is (now). Who knows who is out there who is better though.

As for his personal fiasco with women. When you earn the kind of money he does, at the top of your sport, name and face plastered all over ads and such..did he really think the press/media would leave him alone? Get real Tiger. You are a victim of yourself. He is NOT like Joe next door. Joe next door is quite different. Tiger has taken many steps to separate himself from "Joe next door".

I personally don't like him from what he has done to his family. But, the game of golf is not hurt by HIS actions against HIS family. He is his worst enemy. One thing he is learning, money and his golf game won't bring him happiness. When he really figures that out, he will be a better person. Right now, he is a very rich man, in trouble with his family and himself.

I have to wonder though..why? But, only Tiger can determine that. I can only guess..and that guess doesn't matter in the least little bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tiger Woods - Overhyped?