Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynamitekisser
Msg: 301
view profile
History
When is flirting cheating?Page 13 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I don't think cheating has ever been defined as solely a physical act... I am sure this has been stated many times before... but when your in a relationship... anything you could not say in front of your significant other is a form of disrespect and unacceptable behavior... Also the tendency to give selective information or omissions are other things that undermine a relationship... If you have to do these things to get you through the day... then instead of saying honey I love you... you might as well say... Honey, I want to "F" you until someone better comes along...
 deweylips
Msg: 302
When is flirting cheating?
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:33:05 AM
It does hurt. My husband and I went to marriage counseling over it. He was at their homes while i worked. Or on the phone . Caught him telling her he Loved her. (and thats after counseling ) After that ? I just stay because of financial reasons.. I'm done trying after 41 years. Can't trust a man even after he swears he does nothing wrong.
Guess he sees it as innocent.. But it certainly hurts, and stays with a woman a very long time
So depends on who you ask. Men that think its ok ? Or Ladies saying been their ..Done !
I am with some others on here. If your happy with whom your with ?? Why the need to flirt ? Or on a site like this ?
 baseballboy
Msg: 303
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:39:19 AM
I certainly would not think so, given that women who are taken have flirted with me, and I hardly go home feeling like I've done something sinful.

Adultery is not a term that should be used carelessly. The Bible calls it a sin for anyone involved.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:57:03 AM
I think it comes down to intent. People like to get compliments. If your just flirting to give someone a compliment and make them feel good, I see no harm in it. If you are doing to kind of feel out how the other person responds in the hopes of more happening, then that's wrong.
 tallastrees
Msg: 305
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:15:37 AM
My ex used to flirt and say it was part of him. Only when I caught him whispering into some young poppets ear I got niggly. Then last resort was him feeling up a young lady's bottom - give her due - she yelled at him to remove his hand.

I would say flirting can lead to more dangerous waters - innocent stuff is ok - but when it gets letcherous - hmm - no way
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:26:12 AM
Flerting usually means that all of your physical and emotional needs aren't being met in your current relationship and you need to go somewhere else to satisfy them.

So if you had truly had a perfect, awlsome partner of a woman - Would you be mad if she was flerting with other men behind your back?
 EST74
Msg: 307
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:53:12 AM
For me it's simple, flirting becomes cheating if it's anything you can't do with your lady around. Otherwise if I'm involved with a woman it means I respect her and I wouldn't do anything away from her that would be deemed disrespectful.
 Fa que
Msg: 308
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:54:30 AM
When it is a direct attempt to engage the other in something beyond a healthy and normal platonic interaction.
 NuDig
Msg: 309
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:36:14 AM
Unbelievable some of the comments, people actually defending the practice of flirting whilst in a relationship. It's totally unacceptable, it IS a form of cheating, is IS disrespectful and it ****ing hurts!

Some people are never satisfied, doesn't matter how much attention and adoration they receive from their significant other it's never enough.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:16:05 AM
Being cognative of your flirting you recognize it. Dont lead anyone on, ie. sexual in nature otherwise you have taken the wrong fork in the road.
 HanDynasty
Msg: 311
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:53:44 PM

When you do something that you can't tell your partner or you won't do in front of your partner.

I disagree with the intention argument. Thoughts don't define a man, action does.
 verityone
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:29:41 PM

I tend to think that if you do something that you wouldn't do if your SO was standing there, it's probably not right.

+1

The only "flirting" I'd ever "do" , or allow towards me (while I'm in a relationship) would be so benign that my SO wouldn't even bat an eyelash at, if she was right there.

To argue that flirting is not "cheating" is purely playing semantics.

Flirting is a betrayal. It means that you do not place enough value on your relationship that you would toy with the sense of exclusivity and sacredness that should exist between a couple.

If the intimacy and attention your SO provides is not enough, either you're in the wrong relationship, or you're an attention whore with a gluttonous ego.
 Divorced, Broke, Bald
Msg: 313
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:35:46 PM

If the intimacy and attention your SO provides is not enough, either you're in the wrong relationship, or you're an attention whore with a gluttonous ego.

I don't know about being an ego-maniacal attention whore, but Moose quite proud face on quarter. You on any money, V.1?

Hey, Margo! You gonna let him call me that just cuz I flirt?
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 314
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:41:13 PM
op, it's a slippery slope... whatever it is, it's not good for a relationship...whether ego, or serious, or whatever.............
 ItsMargo
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:46:07 PM
Eh Verity, you'd have to decode the female language in order to get flirting, lol *wink*

Ohhh DBB, he's just jealous. Don't sweat it; it'll just release pheromones.
 Ependa
Msg: 316
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:57:55 PM
I don't think it is cheating..but I think it is poison to a relationship and complete bs (sawry...to each their own , of course). I think that what y0u pay attention to flourishes..if you have an affair, are a work a holic, get your rockss off or an ego boost from online or in person flirting..whatever..it doesn't have to be "cheating" to be detrimental to your relationship. What you pay attention to flourishes. Just ask yourself what it is you actually want; begin with the end in mind.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 317
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:11:25 PM
Flirting online when you have an SO is wrong because it is a matter of trust. No biggie if you are not in a committed relationship. If you get caught, that person will always be wondering if you are actually cheating. There is also the feeling, to the woman, that you will eventually meet somehow and end up breaking up with you because she thinks that you have gone way beyond
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 318
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:29:24 PM
Im a flirt and it's that simple. I am finally in a relationship where I am totally happy and satisfied. It's about time. I even met him here on POF. Will I stop flirting? NO.
That will mean killing part of my personality. Will I hurt my new bo in the process? I hope not because we both understand this is the INTERNET and we choose not to get jealous over it. It is all in harmless fun. What is real is what we are creating together.
We are secure enough with one another to understand it's NOT a trust issue. Shoot. If he wants my passwords to all the sites I get on I'll be happy to give them to him. He knows I'm happy with HIM getting in my pants and that's all that matters.
 ZenBeth
Msg: 319
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:34:02 PM
Flirting is wrong if you haven't shared with your SO that you do it. Now I have polyamory or open relationship friends who have ground rules, which spell out the lines that cannot be crossed.So if you are flirting online and it becomes cyber sex or phone sex and your SO agrees this is ok, then fine. But if not, it denotes a bigger problem than needs addressed.

Its the conservative or religious types who preach something they then don't practice that I want to chew out. Because I so hate hypocrites.

~Beth~
 Whoopty Dew
Msg: 320
Posted: 11/3/2009 11:03:11 PM
Your thread is BS.Grow up.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 321
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:56:02 PM
Your right; I do like the attention and admit it. The difference is I don't have anything to hide. I don't believe I am "The Worst" because I am a harmless flirt. I don't go around offending people. It's all in good clean AMERICAN fun.
 Sensibly Sweet
Msg: 322
Posted: 1/27/2010 7:47:53 PM

I don't believe I am "The Worst" because I am a harmless flirt. I don't go around offending people. It's all in good clean AMERICAN fun.

Good clean AMERICAN fun?????

Sounds more like AMERICAN PIE to me!!!!!!!
 Lorraine1965
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:25:52 AM
Harmless flirting become's......
1. Cyber sex
2. Text sex
3.Cam sex
4. Phone sex
5.Real sex

I should know i was in the dark.
Now he's my EX lol
If u don't want your SO catching you
STOP now !!
Or you will become the EX lol
 magikarp
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:41:14 AM
Depends on what you call flirting. My idea of flirting can either be platonic or it can be sexual. Platonic flirting I don't see as cheating. Sexual flirting I see as cheating.
 jazz66
Msg: 325
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:57:33 AM
"if your doing something that you wouldnt want your significant other doing .. then chances are it oughta be counted as cheating."

Thats the only answer
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?