Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kara999
Msg: 26
view profile
History
When is flirting cheating?Page 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I agree with kellydawn. I also think you may be using it to fill idle time as well as making yourself feel better about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! Why not consider for a second or a hundred, spending that time making your partner feel better about herself so that she can in turn encourage you? Put the time and effort into what you already have, the payback is sure to be much better than wasting yours and everyones time on here!
 Hippos_are_nifty
Msg: 27
When is flirting cheating?
Posted: 8/26/2006 5:49:48 PM
Once you have another women in your mind, as something "more" it's pretty much cheating.
 born2bwild1900
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:03:21 PM
When u start showin ur DINGY!
 brookelc
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:03:55 PM
If you are doing ANYTHING that you wouldnt tell your wife about, then its WRONG, even if your not technically "cheating"
 Luckyone 38
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:06:47 PM
Its when you feel guilty or even have to ask a questions such as this!
 Blue_Eyed_Gal
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/26/2006 8:36:14 PM
If you are hiding it from your partner you already know its wrong. This 'flirting' that you are doing is like bait....what happens when you get something on your hook, I think I know. I had a boyfriend who constantly flirted with other women with and without me there and would even talk to other women on the phone and net. He seemed to crave the attention I think to help boost his ego. But what he did in the process was lower mine. You may want to consider that too.
 manda5202
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/26/2006 10:44:39 PM
Flirting becomes cheating when you feel like you are doing something wrong! And clearly you feel that way since she is unaware. People have the right to make informed decisions so try being honest!
 Blue_Eyed_Gal
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:35:47 AM
How about this.....when you have to ask this question...
 threedoorsdown
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:39:37 AM
if you are doing something with another woman wether it be talking ot anything that you wouldn't do right in front of your significant other that you hide..you answered your own question...you are cheating
 spencergrl
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:20:21 AM
I also agree with kellydawn, how would you feel if she was flirting & chatting with other men, when would you consider it cheating?
 tallboy62
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:37:17 AM
All this flirting for the sake of it can't be that rewarding op? It's boring and a huge time-waster. If you're not into your gal, dump her, er, set her free. If you are, focus on what is real and get off this site - it's a wasteland. The forums alone will suck your soul.
 strangebloom
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:46:14 AM
I think it becomes cheating if:

It gets physical (touching / kissing)
or contact information is given / asked for

Thats when its not just flirting anymore.
 Orange Juice Blues
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:46:19 AM
What one person considers to be flirting another person may not consider to be flirting. Basically, if you're SO doesn't like it, you better stop. Is it cheating? Oh, hell no. But it ain't a good idea.

Flirting isn't cheating. Period. But if it's not interpreted as harmless flirting by you, your SO, and whoever you are flirting with, then it better cease and desist pronto--because if you don't, there will be suspicion of cheating.

Can you imagine this? A woman giggles at what her boyfriend's friend says all evening long (and every time the boyfriend's friend comes around), and she's trying to humor him for her boyfriend's sake--because she actually thinks he's one boring guy, but doesn't want her boyfriend or his friend to know that. The boyfriend interprets it as flirting. And then, eventually, he accuses her of cheating.

Flirting isn't cheating. Put it into perspective. Flirting just isn't a good idea. There's a big difference.

Edit: sorry, strangebloom. I think I had a brain fart.
 strangebloom
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:50:37 AM

Kissing isn't flirting. It's not even in the ballpark, unless you're talking about a peck on the cheek between good friends.

That's why I said it was cheating. ;)
 Will_NeverGiveUp
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/30/2006 10:57:46 AM
Call it anything you want. It's a matter of semantics. Interacting with other women on a singles site is cheating and about as disrespectful to your partner as you can get.
 kswoodsman
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:00:46 AM
You asked this on a site that is filled with people that have been cheated on or neglected in one way or another. Our opinion means much less then your permanent partners. Shouldn't you be using that time to flirt with her? It might surprise you how well she accepts that from you again. The boost it will give her and the one she returns back to you. Even casual flirting opens a door to much more. Which isnt good. I see it as an advertisement that you are available. Since you really arent available it is being selfish, getting your boost from outside of your 'marriage'. While ignoring her and her needs as a person in the process. Message #8 said it very well. If it is something that will hurt her then it is wrong.

Even if she she never knows, it isn't helping her or your marriage. If it isn't helping her then it is hurting her. She is not some stranger that you can easily ignore.

Is it fair to her that you give another woman your attention, get your ego boost then go to your SO for your physical needs? To me it isn't fair. And it cheats her of your attention. And you of her genuine love when she falls out of love from being neglected.
 Nukem
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:01:36 AM
Flirting becomes cheating when you got your tongue sticking down her throat...sheeesh, a little flirting here and there just to be funny is ok but if you have ideas of flirting to get something out of it (Ya you would be right if you think it sounds like manipulation), thats when you approche the cheating zone. You got a great gal? Your in love with her? My advice, be happy with what you have and keep those comment to yourself and keep it in your pants buddy
 AddisonRon1
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:03:25 AM
I have a close married friend who *flirts* (i.e. he will pay compliments, tell jokes, and make innuendos) with women he knows--never with strangers. Guess what? He behaves in the same goofy and charming way around his wife. She will catch him looking at sump'in, and he will get a punch in the arm.

The point? Harmless flirtation is something you can express in public, anything else crosses the line (especially if you are in a relationship). She knows he is flirty, and she likes that quality in him because she gets some--actually, gets the most.
 kswoodsman
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:18:42 AM
@ AddisonRon1

Well said. It is in the open and she is OK with it because she likes this quality of his. Since she is getting most of it she doesnt have to doubt his intentions or feel neglected. That might not work for everybody but it does work for them. It keeps the spark alive that keeps them in love with each other.
 seu
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:55:12 AM
flirting if you got a partner is bad, its like a calling to mate or like primitive way to couple up, if your involved with someone why would you need to do that , simple,
 Orange Juice Blues
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:25:48 PM

Call it anything you want. It's a matter of semantics. Interacting with other women on a singles site is cheating and about as disrespectful to your partner as you can get.

It's not a matter of semantics because flirting and cheating have completely different meanings. If I were in engaging in semantics, I would be trying to tell you how they were similar (when, in actuality, they aren't).

Flirting does not become cheating. Flirting is flirting and cheating is cheating. They are completely separate.

So the question of when flirting becomes cheating is crap. If someone is flirting, that means they are NOT taking the behavior seriously. That's flirting--not having any serious intent whatsoever.

It's not as if two people who flirt all of sudden end up in bed together. (You know how people will say, "It just happened." Yeah, right. That doesn't happen. It's not as if intercourse is an accident.)

If someone is "flirting" with the intention of having sex, then they aren't actually flirting. That's called SEDUCTION.

Please, people. Invest in a dictionary. Not only that--read parts of it. It's not semantics--as if I'm trying to pull wool over your eyes or play with dual meanings. This is cut and dry.

The answer to the OP's question is NEVER.

Still, like I said before, even though it isn't cheating, it's not a good idea. It can be misinterpreted.
 Onlylovematters
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:54:50 PM

I love to chat online to women - and flirt maybe just a little - I make it clear when that is happening. Some friends, who may be women, are just that, friends. I dont flirt with everyone I chat to.

But my permanent partner is in the dark. I dont want to hurt anyone, and I consider that flirting on line is an innocent pastime - but is it? When does flirting count as cheating?

Love to hear your views - have you been there?

Its quite simple.

If your conscience is clear enough to let your partner know about it, and if she is ok with it, then obviously she doesn't consider it cheating.

But apparently the whole thing bothers your conscience or you wouldn't even make it an issue. So i would suggest you don't flirt with anyone else than your partner.
 brandie123
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/30/2006 12:55:40 PM
I think flirting becomes some format of cheating if the other person doesn't know about it. Would you like to be kept in the dark if it was you? Put yourself in her shoes for once.
 zimbabe
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/30/2006 1:08:35 PM
I wouldn't be very happy if I was married and my husband was on here. What would be the reason. Maybe "your wife" is on here too.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2006 2:06:38 PM
Holy Chrips......Flirting is flirting....Flirting is NOT cheating...

Bill Clinton moved modern society to believe that a BJ is not really sex..

But Flirting being Cheating....WTF??

When is it Flirting?? Is a compliment on a dress, color of eyes, shape of your as@??? Of course the innuendos are flirting, but are sweet comments flirting?? What about with body language??

I've been a Big flirt my whole life, I don't do it for "ME" so much as the people you flirt with makes them feel good. I'd say not a day goes by I don't flirt, and MOST times I have no interest in the other person at all. It's just fun healthy interaction with people.

I can also tell you it also goes like the old saying" You catch more bees with honey then vinegar" Flirting will get you a lot of little extras. Like the bigger servings at lunch, faster service, etc etc.

Goes with sense of humor also... Life is short. Have fun pull you panties out of a bunch.

Sure I flirt with attractive women to see if it will lead somewhere, but that's when it's done over and over. Most of the time it's older women, bigger girls, ones that aren't dolled up with make-up. The women that aren't normally showered with all that BS slinging everyday.

I can say the beginning of a few relationships over the years my gf didn't like it so much at first, but soon seen it was just part of being "ME" and I wasn't hitting on every convenient store clerk, or the toll booth lady on the interstate, or even the 65 year old tree customer...lmao.

In closing.... Just my profession alone, I "FLIRT" with "DEATH" most days at work...

B
D
J
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?