Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nynaeve76
Msg: 76
When is flirting cheating?Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
flirting becomes cheating when you have to lie to your partner or keep her "in the dark" about what you are doing.

if you were completely honest with her then that would be fine but i wouldn't blame her for thinking more of it if she found out because you lied about doing it in the first place!

you obviously think you are doing something you shouldn't or you would have told her

and that is my view!
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 77
When is flirting cheating?
Posted: 9/13/2006 3:30:02 AM
To all the gals out there that wonder what happens when you are talking to someone and all of a sudden they block you or disappear ...no longer to be heard from again?

Men with significant others that play on other womens heartstrings and jerk them away just for the hell of it...a hobby ...ha ha..tee hee..funny stuff...NOT

sweetpotata
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/14/2006 4:55:50 AM
If you think that it is 100% innocent, why do you conceal it from your partner.Furthermore how would you feel if your partner was doing the same thing without your knowledge. My 2 cents
 Lost_Soul81
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:07:58 AM
I think any actions taken or activities (whatever they may be, you fill in the lines) with someone other then your partner/lover/boyfriend/girlfriend etc., that cannot be stated bluntly to your current partner, would constitute cheating.
 pdbblueeyes
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:09:04 AM
It's cheating if you wouldn't want your SO to know about it.
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:09:49 AM
Flirting IS cheating. The reason why, is because you are 'coveting' someone else, even if only in your fantasies. Coveting is cheating.

When you are with a partner, someone you are committed to, EVERYthing belongs to them. Your heart, your body, your secrets, your issues, your fantasies, your angst, your desires, your joy, your well being, your flirtation, and your longing. If you are sharing any of these things with someone else...you are cheating.
 Stueyxx
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:13:43 AM
G'Day all

Although i am single, however if i did have a partner i would expect her to trust me.
I mean at the end of the day your only sat at a bloody computer.. I think it is all harmless fun, unless you start making thing real...I.E. Giving out your phone number...

Think if you keep it online your doing no harm...
 tamiswf
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/16/2006 4:41:00 PM
flirting can be considered cheating..in the short term sense your SO in your life may get hurt but in the long term sense your destroying your character as well..i'm not going to lie i've done it but it destroys character
 JessKO
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2006 4:46:18 PM
I think flirting is ok if you're using the flirting as compliments and the other person is WELL aware that you are in a loving relationship.

The flirting is questionable when:

you throw sexual talk into the mix
ONLY flirt..never really converse
you never flirt with your partner the way you flirt with the online buddies
you'd be uncomfortable doing that type of flirting in front of your partner
your flirting is combined with many many complaints about your partner
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/16/2006 4:58:44 PM
It aint cheating until your pants are down around your ankles and she says she loves you. But you really ought to give your one and only the opportunity to have some flirty dirty of her own. Just post her number and the good fellas of fish-o-plenty will see to it she's well cared for while you have your hand in the proverbial bush..........No pun intended.

I just had to look at this word: Covet

1. To feel blameworthy desire for (that which is another's). See Synonyms at envy.
2. To wish for longingly. See Synonyms at desire.

Blameworthy? there's a hoot for you. I'm blameworthy.

Luckyinlove14
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/16/2006 6:43:32 PM
In most cases I would say if you are doing something that you would be hurt by if your partner were doing it, it is cheating. Why do you need to be talking to strange women online anyways? Is there something missing from your current relationship? Must be eh? Well I think that you already know what you are doing is wrong and are asking with the hope that some other slime balls on here will back you up and say that you are doing nothing wrong so you can fell better.
I am so glad that I am "luckyinlove"

"
 julietjuliet
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/16/2006 7:04:55 PM

But my permanent partner is in the dark

Cheat.......according to my little book.........con, dupe, fool, fraud, screw, deceit, mislead, dishonesty. Yes your cheating.
 Vicarious
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/16/2006 7:44:51 PM
Personally, when I've found a partner I have no need to flirt with anyone else. I just have a casual conversation like I would with any of my male friends. If I'm the one receiving flirtatious comments I simply don't return them. To me that shows more respect for your current relationship and that you care for who you're with. If you feel the need to flirt, to me that's like saying "hey, I'm just keeping my options open". I'm certain you wouldn't want that happening to you either would you?
 randyblue
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/16/2006 8:10:41 PM
flirting is cool and fun but if you get yourself into a relationship with anyone it can tend to be worring for that person and then they think can you be trusted...randyblue
 Sigi
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/16/2006 8:14:32 PM

Flirting becomes cheating when you start talking to and/or touching another woman/man in a sexual manner without the knowledge of your partner,

I agree with Flavia.
 hilary21fca
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/20/2006 11:14:33 AM
When it gets physical or they start going on dates is when I'd call it cheating.

Flirting a little too much or giving each other eyes more than once would piss me off, but I wouldn't call it cheating at that point, but I'd keep my eyes peeled at that point too.
 Torkidon
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/20/2006 11:19:34 AM
when you have to ask if flirting to much counts as cheating you more then likely have answered your own question
 The Snuggler
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/20/2006 11:26:46 AM
It's cheating when you hide it or lie about it.
 hilary21fca
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:21:04 AM
"It's cheating when you hide it or lie about it. "

Huh? So if you do it out in the open and admit your cheating truthfully, its not cheating??

I didn't understand lol sorry
 Lakota69
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Reply To #1
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:24:26 AM
Dude do you know how many couples I have known that ended in splitting up or divorce because of just what you are speaking of.

Online flirting eventually leads to cheating, no if's and's or but's it is fact. You keep messing around eventually you'll get yourself into trouble.

You need to ask yourself if what you want is multiple women than staying with just the one you're with now. Sounds to me you're through with just eating the green M&M's you now want a blue one.
 Neonmitch
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:32:25 AM
If you really are just fliritng then why not tell your partner? You need to have an honest look at your motives and intent.
 Brian_Thorn
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:52:22 AM

I love to chat online to women - and flirt maybe just a little - I make it clear when that is happening. Some friends, who may be women, are just that, friends. I dont flirt with everyone I chat to.

But my permanent partner is in the dark. I dont want to hurt anyone, and I consider that flirting on line is an innocent pastime - but is it? When does flirting count as cheating?

Love to hear your views - have you been there?

Not going to go so far as call it cheating, but if you are doing something that you would be uncomfortable doing in front of your SO, then in the least, it's probably inappropriate. I don't personally think anything is wrong with flirting, but if you feel you have to keep your SO in the dark about it, I strongly suspect there is more than just flirting going on. That simply wouldn't be right.

Me personally, I like to flirt, and it is innocent, because whatever I would do, I would do whether my SO was present or not. She wouldn't have a problem with it, simply because she knows its part of who I am, and she knows I enjoy the company of women over men, and the reasons why. She would never be insecure about it because, she would have no doubt as to who was most important to me, and not just by my words, but due to my overabundance of actions.

I think in your case OP, it all boils down to; What are your reasons for doing it, and why do you feel the need to keep it from your SO; and why do you think it is bordering on cheating? Those are the real questions I would like to see answered.

Have fun ;)!
 hilary21fca
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:31:58 AM
"... if you are doing something that you would be uncomfortable doing in front of your SO, then in the least, it's probably inappropriate. "

I wouldn't quite go that far. I mean I wouldn't wanna see someone masterbating or taking a poo. They can keep that private and do what they need to do. There's some things in life that we really don't need to see or know about.
 sunny_daze01
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/22/2006 10:34:30 AM
Some things are just embarrassing or awkward that other people don't really need to know about or deserve an explanation for. Doesn't mean the person is hiding it to be deceptive, maybe they would just be somewhat embarrassed to have to talk about it. Dunno if that makes sense.
 Brian_Thorn
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 11:11:05 AM
Hilary and Sunny Daze, did you even read this thread? We aren't talking about potty training an SO or "polishing the chrome" in private here, we are talking about Flirting. Flirting vs. Cheating. Nice way to take my words completely out of context there Hilary. Yikes ladies, pay attention please.

Have fun ;)!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is flirting cheating?