Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When does like turn into love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GentlemanJim4one
Msg: 50
When does like turn into love?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Petite Paula. Everything you said is exactly what I felt. I remember those feelings and awakened senses so vividly. I just hope I can feel it again.

But if I loved just their body... and nothing else, wouldn't that be just lust?
 nickOO7
Msg: 51
When does like turn into love?
Posted: 6/29/2009 2:51:13 PM
I think you realize you love the person when it feels like you wer hit in the head with brick & want to pass-out cuz he/she said "I Love You" & you just said "I Love You Too" back. 1ce you get all emotional, your in love
 MixingPaint
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/29/2009 3:17:13 PM
When you're sure that even if he got in a car accident and became unrecognizable , braindead, and parapalegic , you'd work REALLY hard to take care of him.
 FitnessDiva_24hrs
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/29/2009 6:13:04 PM
This is a tricky one. Many many people think they are "in love" when in fact its nothing more than lust or infatuation. I myself have never been in love. I know this because I have yet to meet a man I would do anything and everything for. (within reason of course) Would I give him a kidney...nope, would I take him back after cheating ...nope, would I deal with his azzhole mother..nope. LOVE is pretty deep. "Like" hardly turns into love for so many of us but we tend to think so.
 stunt groom
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/29/2009 7:31:05 PM
When you buy her something that requires taking out a loan..
 PETITEPAULA
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:13:20 AM
Yes,If you only love a persons body it is lust.If you only love someones mind you may become close friends. If you only love there spirit you may go to them for spiritual advice or spend time with them and others with the same belief system. If you love their mind,body and spirit, it feels complete.Lets say there is one group soul containing all of our individual spirits,it may be called heaven. Meeting at a soul level is powerful. There is no separation ,judgement or fear. Earthly desires physical love and lust,survival,is powerful. When the mind combines the earth [physical] and the heavens [spirit /soul] the love is more powerful it happens in a flash.Your heart become open and light. You do not need to be in each others presence for this to happen.This energy is like the speed of light. Remember,you choose fear or love. If you have fear you are not in the state of love. If you are in the state of love there is no fear. You may only experiance one feeling at a time.Those that have the wisdom to know that in time the body will change,and their mind may change or go ,but the glow of their spirit is forever .They can be life partners. They are willing to accept their imperfections and focus on all that is loved.They know true love.They keep the spark alive.
 PETITEPAULA
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2009 1:01:44 PM
It it what many seek. The second question asked bySeraphim 2350 is,how do you know love is returned? Some of these things may show love is returned are - They will start taking pride in there appearance. They will wear your favorite scent. You will receive compliments. If you say you are cold,you are given warmth. When you do not feel well there is shown concern. You are aided to get better. Help is offered with small tasks and as love deepens,larger ones. Small gifts (a flower,a card,ect) tokens of appreciation. They treat you with gentle kindness. If they are married/separated they will get a fast divorce. They are happy and show you the papers. There will no longer be intimate incounters with anyone but you. They may spend a night with you, just talking about hopes and dreams. When you are packing your overnight bag to leave after a visit,you may be told you that you may leave a few things there if you want to.You are offered a drawer to use.They return items left in there home by ex lovers. They take down their ex's pictures.They become more romantic.They ask you for a commitment.You are introduced to their family. Finances are talked about. You may be asked if you would like to search for a place to create a life together. They state that they love you.If you still have doubts that love is returned,ask the person to tell you exactly how they feel toward you. If still in doubt or did not get the answer you wanted,stop,take time to focus on yourself. Forgive others and yourself for the hurtful parts played in the play called Life. Heal your heart,learn to love yourself again, so your heart can be open. You may be loved in the way you seek. There is someone for everyone. Sometimes two people do not love each other in the way, they desire to be loved.You can not force or buy someones love.
 LoveDriving
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/1/2009 1:54:23 PM
Like turns into Love the moment you stop noticing his/her's imperfections.
 Husbandman
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/1/2009 3:30:43 PM

When you put the relationship before your comfort zone.
 rhodax
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:26:35 PM
When you think of the person often but the thoughts come unbidden you are in love. If you need something to trigger thoughts about the other person, they are just a friend.

When you are channel surfing and the other person pops into your mind randomly then you discover that you've been unknowingly watching an infomercial for the past 15 minutes, you are smitten. If you were watching the Super bowl and missed the entire second quarter, you've got it BAD.
 BlondE324
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:30:46 PM
I don't know if there is one specific moment when it happens. For me it was like a realization, "Wow, I do love him." I do, however, when I fell in love with him all over again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When does like turn into love?