Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 200
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVEPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
The same reason why people reply to topics that are almost 6 years old.?.?.?
 _shakti_
Msg: 201
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:11:37 PM
I really don't think they're lying for love... c'mon now.. and if you complete that thought, the antidote becomes clear.
 Single-u
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:18:48 PM
You will find that most men do not lie just the few.
I like to know why women be leave the lies and when a man is honest with him
Stop and see he is there.
 bubblesofhappiness
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:23:25 PM
Men lie for 1 of 2 reason :
1 They have low self esteem and think you wont like/love them if you know the truth about them, so they tell you what they think you want ot hear.
2 They know they shouldn't be getting into a relationship and lie to cover the truth
Either way keep your ears and eyes open.The signs are there you just have to make sure your open to them.
 enermai
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:35:58 PM
My BS meter works quite well and I don't let them get away with lying to me. As soon as I realize they're lying, I slowly give them rope and it doesn't take them very long to hang themselves :-)
 noonesfriend
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:21:19 PM
men think toying with womens hearts is fun ,its like a game to them.let me see how quick i can sy i love u than u found out he tells all the women he loves them.mind ****in men suck
 Butterfliesbloomed
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:38:34 PM
if you loved yourself you wouldn't have attracted those lying **stards. A LOT of men lie and will do anything for sex.
 tensail
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/1/2012 11:06:09 PM
mainly cause women live in fantasy land ie mills n boom types so vey have wrong expectations, so men naturally lie to fulfil v females false expectations.
 enermai
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/1/2012 11:12:03 PM

mainly cause women live in fantasy land ie mills n boom types so vey have wrong expectations, so men naturally lie to fulfil v females false expectations.

You've got it wrong, we don't live in Mills and Boon land anymore .... we're looking for Mr. Grey .... ;-)
 Adolphinmadclothing666
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/1/2012 11:18:57 PM
Simple as if you are honest, and not superrich or a superstar, you won't get laid anywhere near as much as if you lie your pants off.
 laughingatliberals
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/1/2012 11:57:39 PM

You've got it wrong, we don't live in Mills and Boon land anymore .... we're looking for Mr. Grey .... ;-)

A 27 year old millionaire that has his women sign contracts so he can dominate them. Then he "falls in love with a virgin he dominates.

Yep no fantasy there at all that type of man must be plentiful.

Men in general don't lie to women............................ y'all do that to yourselves more than we do.
 zillion384
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/2/2012 12:05:44 AM
Because they can?
 gentlebear22
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 12:57:03 AM
There are some woman who do the same thing. So many songs written about this.
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:47:07 AM

Id say that's more or less the size of it, though it takes a certain moral deficiency to be able to lie to anyone; much less someone you have feelings for.

Most men dont fit into the "lie for sex" category. That is a lesser group who just forms the majority of men that women find themselves in the bed with, so they apply the mantra to men as a whole (more their problem than ours).

In reality, men who lie or 'stretch the truth' (like saying they are a supervisor at McDonald's when they are a fry cook), on the larger scale do so to to keep pace with the standards of women's archetype of men, which raises at a much faster rate than ours for them. Not right, but still true in many cases.

It WORKS because women want to believe what they are hearing. Selling someone a product that they already want to buy is relatively simple. It's sort of the methodology behind selling a hummer: completely impractical, prone to mechanical calamities that are hard to service, expensive, inefficient. However they are just SO pretty and they come in your favorite color, and your friends will be so jealous when they see you in it, so you want one anyway. All a salesman has to do to close the deal, is mischaracterize the benefits while omitting the troubling points. This is also known as "selling the experience".

Ultimately, no one can sell you what you don't want to buy. That's why it is so much harder to get a self serving lie past the average man. Most men who end up feeling slighted in a relationship are victims of women who simply 'changed their mind' or 'made an illogical decision' rather than one who lied from the outset.
 nottyelle
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:52:52 AM
because they have some sort of deficiency and dont want to reveal it before you are so madly in love that you will accept it. Keep dodging the bullets, find a straight arrow.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 4:46:52 AM
Because love sex is better then sex.
 AladinsLamp
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:05:57 PM
why are women so picky that a man has to lie for the woman to find him acceptable?
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:30:22 PM

why are women so picky that a man has to lie for the woman to find him acceptable?

Replace "has to" with "chooses to".

The answer difference would be like day and night.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE