Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much younger is too young?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 charlie_mops
Msg: 51
How much younger is too young?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It all depends on maturity levels, timing and things in common.

If there is grass on the infield, play ball!!
 bleueyegurl
Msg: 52
How much younger is too young?
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:06:25 AM
I dont really think you can put an age on maturity it varies from person to person...I HAVE MET OLDER GUYS THAT ACTED WORSE THAN MY KIDS AND YOUNGER GUYS THAT R VERY MATURE....Most of the mail i get here is either from younger guys or older guys not usualy anyone my age so i guess its all in what u r attracted to.
 nuttyrat
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:07:34 AM
i'll repeat what i said earlier ..... as long as they are legal .. i'm all over it ... too young for me are ones that can put me in jail
 shore66
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:12:01 AM

too young for me are ones that can put me in jail

If I said that...
 canoe guy
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:30:01 AM
Where I come from age has little to do with anything, geez out here a family reunion and wedding are the same thing!
 canoe guy
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:35:45 AM
If you're talking livestock, no older than 5 for a sheep.
really; young,older, is all about experience, Men want youth women want security, That's why youg girls hook up with rich old guys, really
 nuttyrat
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/23/2005 11:42:08 AM
^^ you sound like a true Leykis listener!
 hot-chocolate
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/29/2005 5:32:45 PM
What always scared me about the younger issue was that it was about maturity not necessarily their chronological age. So with that in mind... while dating someone 11 years younger than me meant that they had life experiences that had aged them. And while that sounds all fine and dandy so that he and I are on the same wavelength about life its frightening to think about the innocence they were missing out on.

In the end it ended up being a lot of psychological damage control that I really wasn't interested in dealing with... but at the time we started down the path of dating you aren't really thinking about how a person became who they were at that point in time.

Maybe it was because he was in his early 20's, I don't know... but I have dated 2 older men and relations with a much older man and enjoyed it immensely.

Their age may be a factor in why I am attracted to them with regards to their old fashioned values married with the modern liberal ideas that could be a result of growing up in a different time... again I don't know.

But whatever the reason... just finding someone compitable is enough of a chore... if you find some magic and they are an adult and both parties are happy ... go for it and more power to you!

poetik182
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/29/2005 5:35:17 PM
if they're old enough to crawl, they're in the right position!
 griffintown
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/29/2005 6:05:06 PM
Lets's face it there alot more available men and woman under 30.
Fact of the matter is two winters back i hitched up with a girl who was almost twenty years younger than i was. She was cute, smart and curious. Why not. No regrets there. We had great times sharing sex, hockey and meals. I wasn't out there looking for a much younger woman, we working together and things just happened.

She's now with a guy her own age and we occassionaly all hook up for a beer. Just don't go thinking these relationships will last.
 Jessa
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/29/2005 10:20:34 PM
If you have to change their diapers, it's a good sign that they're too young... or too old.

Personally, I wouldn't go more than 10 years, in either direction. I'm dating a 40 year-old, currently (the first, ever... I usually have dated younger men).
 ramcharger
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2005 12:45:53 PM
If your picking your date up AT the daycare....tooo young

If your date wants to see a movie and she gets in for three bucks....too young

If her idea of a good time invlolves modeling clay and kool aid.......too young

If you go to meet her parents and you went to school with them......too young

When she shops for clothes at Kids R Us for herself.....too young

If she drinks daquris in a sippy cup......too young

If her idea of getting down and dirty involves mud pies and a sandbucket....too young

If she stops by to see you and shes cruisin in style in a Barbie Lamborgini....Too young

when she posts her picture on her profile and it says class of 2015...too young

If she mentions the word prom with a gleam in her eye......Too Young

marathonman11x7
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/1/2005 3:25:50 PM
I think the maturation rate slows after 25.......therefore I think there is little difference between a 29yo woman and a 39 or 49yo woman as far as maturity is concerned.Life experiences however, is a different and indiviual thing.I think a man or woman over 30 dating teens have issues.
 shore66
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/1/2005 3:28:38 PM

I think there is little difference between a 29yo woman and a 39 or 49yo woman as far as maturity is concerned

Huh? How do you define maturity?
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/1/2005 3:31:16 PM
I'm 24, never married, no kids, and single.

25 and under is MY age bracket! Leave some for me!
 goodkisser
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/1/2005 8:45:13 PM
Im 46. i would date down to 40 and up to 52. I agree that younger girls may be hot to hook up with but personally, i would be embarassed if i could keep up or not. Physically Im in great shape, and Im not dead in the sack, but Im not 18 anymore either.

I think a woman my own age is a little more accepting, or understanding of that fact. And I dont think i have anything in common with a kid that Im old enough to be her father...Maybe a young lady might see something in me that would interest her, but I wouldnt be able to get past the age issue. I would always feel like a perv.

When I was in my thirties, I was legal guardian of my teenage sister in law. When she and I would take my daughter then a baby to the Mall, we were constantly bombarded by openly vocal, ignorant, christian moralists who told us both, and me in particular how ashamed I should be for having had a baby with a baby! We really played it up for them eventually telling them she was really my sister as well......

but i think those comments got to me enuff that i wouldnt touch a younger girl no matter what...
 CHuBByLiCiouS
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/1/2005 8:55:44 PM
I'm 37 and have dated 23-45yr olds. I find the older the man is the more issues he has and sometimes they act as young as the 23 yr olds. But the older men are more "experienced"... so it is a toss up. Gain maturity or lose stamina.. either way you gotta give up something to gain what you want.

So basically if they are with in the legal limit, they are free game. It's all about how they carry themselves in a relationship that keeps me interested.

We are all young in the dark

tower888
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2005 12:23:19 PM
I'm 35, and I've never dated someone over 28. I think it's a matter of where you are in your life, what kinds of activities you're into, and how well you relate to the person. That being said, I'd probably still shy away from anyone under 21... what are they going to do, wait in the parking lot of the club for me??
 Lonelostsoul
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/2/2005 1:09:53 PM

I have absolutely nothing in common with women my own age.
 vascox
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2005 1:15:03 PM
Go for it buddy,age is but a number and it is not always about the cash.....hey! you have had alot of salt on this planet,you know better because there are 35 year old women out there with no clue and there are 18 year olds who can hold their own better than that and that is a fact.Get a level headed young one than an abused,been there done that older one,you will be better off even if she just gives you a minute, because it's better than a life long headache.
 Vandelai
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/2/2005 4:39:19 PM
I have one for ya.... I met this one woman...lovely looking latin lady at that....she had no crows feet, no wrinkles, VERY nice smooth complexion, nice hands.

Usually Crows feet and hands are a tell tell sign they could be older.

However, I was talking with her...and she asked me my age...at the time I was 32, so I said 32.....and I got the ol' "Awwww.....you're just a baby!" Line....(Yeah I know, we hear it all the time. lol)

Anyways, I asked her age...and guess what..she said she was 37! I could not friggin believe it...you know what I almost SWORE she was LATE 20's? Like 27 or 28!!

Now get this...I have met women online like this before....apparently, some women have a problem dating someone in their early 30's if they are in their late 30's sometimes.

What I can't figure out is....why not DATE a guy that's YOUNGER than you, if he LOOKS as old as you do or YOUNGER even? I'm like, "Hey, why not date me? I mean we both LOOK the same age, right?"
 meowmix
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/2/2005 7:17:00 PM
i am 41, my boyfriend is 26, when we met, he was 23, i was 39, i will be 42 in a few months, we dont notice the age difference, infact its me, in a way, that is worried, he is not. our only difference is watching television shows, we only like a few the same, we get along with each others friends. all is well.
MM
 cessnadriver
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/3/2005 7:01:34 AM
I don't let age be a deciding factor.....it's all about personality. I've known women
my age that were just dud's but hung out with younger and older that were a blast
to be around........if you can make me laugh hard enough that I dont make any noise, snort, or cry....well then--you rock.
 LiMoShark
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/3/2005 7:06:28 AM
I think as long as they can get into the bar with me, they are fair game.. And I like older men, so I prefer it when they have the same feeling about as I do..
 Lonelostsoul
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/3/2005 8:40:16 AM
Vandelai, I wouldn't use "crows feet" to try and judge a persons age. they are just in the last 6 months starting to show on me and I'm 43. It's kinda like trying to judge a persons age by baldness....not accurate.

Personal view....age doesn't matter period if the people mesh.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much younger is too young?