Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What questions do YOU ponder in the middle of the night?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 201
What questions do YOU ponder in the middle of the night?Page 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Well sometimes if I can truncate a superlative.

I may also ponder such wonders as:

What if we switched the meaning of two common words like say... Cheese and garbage?
Honey could you please take the cheese out? Would you like a grilled garbage sammie for dinner? This garbage is amazing... it has such a unique smell and texture.... The older the garbage, the better!!!
 whitetigeress
Msg: 202
What questions do YOU ponder in the middle of the night?
Posted: 2/11/2009 6:54:15 AM
why did i watch Snakes on a Plane before bed?
how can i get my youngster's deadweight feet off my tummy so i can move?
why do the clocks keep changing time on me? (cue spooky music)
when am i going to stop being an idiot and believe in gambling so i can buy that winning lotto tix?
is it wrong to eat cake for breakfast? oh hell, i'm alone and its my bday damn rights im eating cake!
 Merrylass
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:55:27 AM
Lessee. Last night it was how to do the plait and closed rock in Samba...
 hatemycelly
Msg: 204
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:22:54 AM
Is it ok to wear the brown belt with the black pants and the grey sweater and the black shoes or do the shoes and belt have to match?

If the shoes and belt match what about the jacket?

Blinds or curtains?

Should I keep dying out the grey or keep it?

but I think the one that keeps me up the most is the infamous.

Watermellon, strawberry or tropical punch gum??!!
 Wild Sweet and Cool
Msg: 205
Posted: 2/19/2009 5:24:48 AM
1. where the hell did i put it?
2. how on gods green earth am i going to explain THAT one?
3. how fast could i get out of town if i had to?
4. am i paranoid or do they know? bluffing, probably...
5. why can't i sleep unless it's daylight?
 Entzauberung
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:30:32 PM
We now have more gifts to attach to our messages, including a steak.

I ponder... is it coincidence that March 14th (steak & BJ day) is only two day hence?
 Fa que
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:45:23 PM
is that the sound of the bowl.... or the floor??

Think she will wake up if I......??

Is it still cheaper to buy Milk and cheese from Blaine like my parents did?

Why did I dream about milking a cat???

Is it shag carpet because we shagged on it?

Will the itching ever stop?
 Trulio
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 9:10:18 PM
why mountain beavers have to visit me when there is no moon and I cannot see them

in the middel of la noche, it was not often that I pondered any questions due to fatique, and depth of sleep, however; finding a flat place to camp, on occasion, lead to construction....

once slept on a piece of cardboard in the front of the Greyhound bus station in Thunder Bay....woke up very early, bus lights blaring at me.....

once I was enroute from McBride, in my new truck, a 2X4, and the road was snowy, it started to swerve and weave, and I let go of the wheel, lied down on the bench seat, truck ended up in the reverse position, called, and was pulled out....

one time I hiked to Kostal Lake, in the middle of the night, beneath towering spruce trees, swaying, I heard something, and looked out from my tent, and there were two ears above the azalea, belonging to a bear....I kept my campfire going, and then stowed everything into my pack, left the food, a big sirlion steak, and walked backwards....never made it to Kostal....and my foamy

in the middle of one night, camped near a boreal swamp, north east of Bonaparte Lake, the Lupin and Powder Lakes chain, a chorus of frogs, only meters from me kept me awake, more so than Beethovan, or Casius.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 12:36:03 AM
Will having a Gold Badge get me laid?

or... will Prince Charming come and resue me first?..... ....maybe this should be in the If you could buy dreams thread eh?
 yabbdabbadoo
Msg: 210
Posted: 3/13/2009 12:28:53 PM
what the hell is his name now, is he even still here, who else would I/could I send a steak to tomorrow...

(I don't live anywhere near the guy, and don't know him well enough to personally give both! lol)
 Entzauberung
Msg: 211
Posted: 3/13/2009 12:34:50 PM

who else would I/could I send a steak to tomorrow...

Not sure who you are referring but given the nature of the celebration on March 14, I think it would be appropriate to personally deliver the steak, not send it.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 1:18:32 PM

Will having a Gold Badge get me laid?

doubtful unless you are agreeable,
but it will keep you busy reading mail,
thus reducing your chances unless you multitask and do both

what's the purpose of a queen/king size bed when all you do is trying to keep both sides warm all night long and no honey bringing breakfast and join you in the morning
 Blue Eyed Tim
Msg: 213
Posted: 3/13/2009 2:02:59 PM
This is a great thread, particularly for an insomniac like myself...

There's nothing worse than laying in bed at 2am with the brain firing on all cylinders keeping you from peaceful slumber.

Some of the more random things I've thought of while trying to get to sleep:

"How much butter is in peanut butter?"
"Where do my socks go when I put them in the dryer?!" (There's always ONE missing)
"What kind of voices/actions do kids with Down's syndrome use when mocking "normal" people?"
"Why is there no Channel #1 on tv?"
"How can I fit "australopithicus" into a haiku?"
"Is there a synonym of onomatopoeia?"
"If we use Latin for our mottoes and slogans, what language did the Romans use?!"

Yeah...What can I say...
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 3:50:52 PM
Tim...^^^^^^^^^^^^^

try eating a piece of cheese before you go to bed...it has properties much like a warm glass of milk and might help you fall asleep......

....and Tim...darlin'... don't think about the cheese....about the taste...or where it came from....what type of cow....where the cow lived...who the cow's cow people were from originally.... what the cow eats....what the cow's eye colour is.....

...you see.. you are doing it again and you will be up all night now.

I don't sleep well at night.. I am a worrier.....there is always someone or something to worry about... now Tim has me wondering about the butter content in peanut butter...

Oy Vey...thanks a lot Tim.

I am wondering why Tim looks so damn hawt in that dress...nice legs babe.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 215
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:23:37 PM
Tim

"Why is there no Channel #1 on tv?"

A shared (non-primary) allocation

From 1945 to 1948 TV stations in the U.S. shared Channel 1 and other channels with fixed and mobile services. The FCC decided in 1948 that a primary (non-shared) allocation of the VHF radio spectrum was needed for television broadcasting. Except for select VHF frequencies in Alaska and Hawaii (and some overseas territories) the FCC-administered VHF band is primarily allocated for television broadcasting to this day.

The FCC in May 1948 formally changed the rules on TV band allocations based on propagation knowledge gained during the era of shared-user allocations. The 44-50MHz band used by Channel 1 was replaced by lower-power narrowband users.

Channel 1 was reassigned to fixed and mobile services (44-50 MHz) in order to end their former shared use of other VHF TV frequencies. Rather than renumber the TV channel table, it was decided to merely remove Channel 1 from the table.

Canada did not start regular television broadcasts until after the US had decommissioned Channel 1 (44-50 MHz) for television use; CBFT and CBLT signed on in 1952. This TV channel was never used in Latin America, South Korea and the Philippines as TV broadcasting did not start in these areas until the 1950s.

Hope you can sleep better now.

I sure wish I could sleep better myself.
 African Baobab
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 4:35:36 PM
Is that really Steven Harpers hair?

Who was cruel enough to name the fear of long words hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:15:34 PM
"Could you people on the sidewalk please take your noise into your house?"
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 218
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:46:40 PM
I ponder on how long this thread has lasted, and why we don't have better things to do then ponder in the night?

I ponder if the weather will get better before I go nuts,,, need more sunshine for sure

I ponder lots of things, but many I can not, and will NOT share on here, lol

I still ponder about the dancing pickle , or banana, looks more like a pickle to me.... I ponder if that is a Freudian error on my part
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 219
Posted: 3/13/2009 6:12:38 PM
"What's that? You don't have a place to live? Sorry to hear it. In that case, could you please just shut the f u c k up?... You don't have to go to work in the morning."
 Entzauberung
Msg: 220
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:55:54 PM
WWR ^^^^

try eating a piece of cheese before you go to bed...it has properties much like a warm glass of milk and might help you fall asleep......

I'd not heard of this similarity for cheese to milk and its recommendation as a sedative.

I know that warm/hot milk has the amino acid tryptophan, which helps us sleep, though am unclear why the milk needs to be heated.

I wonder if heating releases it from other molecules and makes it more available?
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 221
Posted: 3/13/2009 10:23:38 PM
^^^Centsahuumer:
It is the calcium in the milk/cheese that promotes better sleep. (Insomnia, muscle cramps and irritability are some of the symptoms associated with calcium deficiency)

The warmth of the milk simply relaxes the stomach and makes the milk more digestible.

Foods high in carbs before bed also induce sleep. It helps the brain produce seratonin which is necessary for the production of melatonin. Melatonin is the hormone responsible for putting us to sleep!

Try a cheese sandwich and see what happens.
Nightynite!!
MN
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 10:49:43 PM
^^^^^^^^
I was told it was the lactic acid...and it is found in milk products..so if warm milk is not your thing... try a small piece of cheese...seems to work for moi. I like cheddar.
 BCbogbear
Msg: 223
Posted: 3/14/2009 3:58:45 AM
Since its so late . How many sheep can I count before the sun comes up . 3:58 am
 Fa que
Msg: 224
Posted: 3/18/2009 2:55:31 PM
I wonder how many more religious threads will pop up

VVVV
Mention "popping up" and look what happens.... get your mind out of the gutter WWR
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 3:11:17 PM
I ponder about Fa que....don't ask me why...lol

one of those mysteries of POF....anyhow... Have faith I say...have faith...and many more threads on religion will appear.... in the meanwhile have another
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What questions do YOU ponder in the middle of the night?